Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spark (A Sonic Fanfiction)

2 posters

Go down

Spark (A Sonic Fanfiction) Empty Spark (A Sonic Fanfiction)

Post by The Red Blur Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:14 am

Hi all, this is a little project I've begun to work on, to finally flesh out my main OC, Caen's backstory a little more, finally giving some context to the characters you'll often see me RPing as.

Last edited by The Red Blur on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the broken link)
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Spark (A Sonic Fanfiction) Empty Re: Spark (A Sonic Fanfiction)

Post by The Red Blur Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:43 pm

I know I've worked damn quickly on the next chapter, but I feel like it's ready to be shown! 

Chapter 1 can be found here: https://my.w.tt/UiNb/W4GYcbgyqI
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:15 pm

So far so good I'v been keeping track of this.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:48 am

((The last version of this was, frankly, not very good, so I gave the first chapter a bit of a rework, and so... Here it is!))

The skies were clear, and the waters were still. The sun shine a pleasant light across the calm seas. Emerging from the cabin of the ship was a young hedgehog, with a long crimson coat, and a black eyepatch, as well as a cutlass at his side. He strode across the deck, before stomping on the barrier overlooking the bow. 
“Unfurl the sail! Set course for the treasure isles!” He shouted, grinning with childish glee. However, his smile dropped when, on the horizon, a dark, gloomy cloud hung in the sky. Beneath it, floating on the ocean was a small raft.

The hedgehog reached into his coat, pulling out a spyglass, and looking straight at the raft. A dark figure stood upon it, their body obscured by a long, black coat, and their face seemingly obscured by what appeared to be a gasmask. With a wave of this figure's arm, a cannonball suddenly appeared, closing the gap between the two boats in the blink of an eye, smashing into the hull of the ship. “W-what?! We're being attacked!” the hedgehog shouted, but it was too late to prepare. With the arrival of one more fireball, he was flung from the ship, straight into the freezing cold sea. The dark clouds seemingly engulfed the sky as the hedgehog's vision went black...

With a start, the hedgehog awoke, back in his bed. A dream. Or was it a nightmare? He lay back down, before an ear-piercing screech rung out across the building. An alarm, of sorts. That could only mean one thing: A fire. 
The hedgehog, frightened, stood up quickly, throwing the covers to the ground and quickly slipping on the slippers he kept by his bed. He ran to the door, and upon opening it, he could see the hallway was bathed in an orange light as the flames lapped at the walls. His breathing became sharp, and shallow as he ran into the hallway, the heat coming from each room completely overwhelming. The stench of smoke filled the air as he continued running. Suddenly, a loud explosion right next to the hedgehog broke a nearby door off of its hinges, causing the hedgehog to stumble and fall. He yelped in pain as his knees scraped across the rough floorboards. 

Looking behind, all he could see was a wall of flame, closing in on him. With a frightened look, he got up to his feet, and continued running, turning a corner with little grace, after bumping into a wall. Finally, he could see familiar faces. His father and mother! “Mother, father! What’s happening?!” he called out. 
As the pair of much older hedgehogs turned, one with jet black spines, and a moustache, that pointed upwards sharply, and the other with light brown spines, and an innate blush to her cheeks. Both looked equally frightened. The black hedgehog looked up, before saying “Caen! Stay back!” 

With those words, wooden rafters fell down, blocking Caen's path. He halted I’m his footsteps, looking among the wooden beams, with panicked eyes, and even shorter breaths. He pulled at the debris, but he simply did not have the strength to even budge the rafters. 

The black hedgehog yelped in pain as another rafter fell, as his leg was pinned to the ground, possibly broken, or worse. The brown hedgehog crouched down, yelling out “Xavier! No!” She pulled at his pinned leg, which only caused more howls of pain. She looked to Caen, shouting “run!”
Caen shook his head, “M-mother, I can’t do that! You’ll...” 
With one final look, Caen's mother gasped, as more rubble and debris finally gave way, collapsing on both her and Xavier.

Caen gasped, stepping back with tears in his eyes, “m-mother? You’re alright?!” He called. No answer came. Finally, the smoke had gotten to the hedgehog, causing him to cough and choke. He turned, running further through the house, until he emerged through the front door, and into the clean air of the night. With one deep gasp, he collapsed onto his knees, coughing out the noxious smoke. He looked up, as sirens began to fill the air.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum