Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, I'm the latest newbie :3

+2
The Red Blur
ForevaYoung
6 posters

Go down

Hello, I'm the latest newbie :3 Empty Hello, I'm the latest newbie :3

Post by ForevaYoung Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:31 pm

Hey everyone, My name is Ashlie and I have just joined today!
I have done a little bit of role playing in the past, but not much so I would consider myself a rookie RPer. I've been a fan of the Sonic franchise since as long as I was able to read and hold a game controller basically, and my favourite character is Shadow, with Tails coming in close at second place. 
I have one OC whom I actually made not very long ago. I wasn't really one for making a Sonic OC, but thought to give it a try and see where my imagination would take me. I hope nothing in her info or bio is god modded, but if there is anything questionable I can see about fixing it up as best as I can Smile
I have read the posts that you have asked all new members to read in order to know the rules, so I hope its has all registered in my head. I'm happy to be here, and eager to get role playing! :3
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm the latest newbie :3 Empty Re: Hello, I'm the latest newbie :3

Post by The Red Blur Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:39 pm

Hey, Ashlie! I'm Red, or Chris if you prefer, I'm a moderately experienced RPer, and I've been around for almost a month, now! Feel free to pm me if you need any help, and there aren't any admins around to help (although you're better off going to admins if they're around Razz), they're the ones with the nameplates consisting of more than one colour.

I look forward to RPing with you!
All the best

~Red
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:42 pm

Thank you very much Red, I'm happy to be here. Thank you for the information regarding who is an admin because at the moment I am quite clueless Razz
I am looking at the character bios right now so I think I will start off by putting my fan character here so people can see what she is like Very Happy
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:09 am

Yoooo, one of the admins is MEEEEEEEEEEE! *slides in*
*trips over*
*GETS UP*
Hi, newbie! I'm Elec, and like Blur said, you're free to PM me or any of the other staff if you need help with anything <3 Of course you can also ask members in the correct forum, and blah blah, you said you read everything so that's already a LOT.
(most people are so lazy you wouldn't even believe a longer paragraph scares them off)
WELL, I hope it won't scare YOU off. I mean, after all, lazy people are apparently the ones coming up with best solutions. And, I guess, best RP ideas...?
...That's a bit of a stretch, but works, I suppose.
Anyway, hope you enjoy your  stay here <3 And can't wait to see that chara of yours!
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:46 am

Thank you Electrisa <3
Sadly It won'tlet me post the info on my character because my account isn't 7 days old yet *sobs hysterically*
Anyways, If there is another way for me to show my OC before then could you let me know? I have attempted a concept drawing of her top half which i have put a link in the character Bio also. its very sketchy and done in a ballpoint pen, but i think it gets the general idea of her look out.
About the rules... *runs away*
*peeks round corner*
Nah Im just kidding, I completely get why those rules are in place. God modding gets boring after a while. Being related to an official chara is a nice concept, but unless there's a really well done backstory which ties in with the history then its best to just start on a clean slate.
Well I think I should go. Just realised its quarter to 2 in the morning here and I have work (Yup, work on a Sunday D:)
Goodnight and thank you again ^^
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:48 am

What do you mean? I was able to make a character bio on the day I made my account. I posted it in "character bios"

I also noticed you're in the same timezone as me! Brit buds!
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:11 am

...Yes, how come you have a posting restriction? o_o We've never had this happen with any other member. Please try again and if it happens, could you take a screenshot and upload it somewhere so we could see perhaps?
And, about the art - besides putting the pic in the bio, if you're an artist, you can create a thread in artwork subforum and share it with us there <3 heck, don't even have to be an artist. You can just share because.
And I'm so glad you understand ;u; I'm sure you'll have no trouble settling down here then x3
Have fun in real life there! \o/
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:16 pm

First off, hello newbie! Always good to have more new faces around these parts <3

As an aside, the [icture of your character may in fact be the problem - assuming you are linking the image from another site, anyway! I know I had a great deal of issues when it came to posting anything with an external link when I first joined up! So I can't promise it'll work, but try removing the reference picture for the moment, then reposting the bio. Same with any links to ither sites, just for the moment!
With any luck, that should fix it.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:29 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your time here, and if you have any questions, feel free to hit me up! In fact, I think I may have an answer to your current query as to the issue for posting up a bio?
I would imagine the issue is - as I have now noticed Spark has mentioned above - that there is perhaps a link in your bio, either to an image or something similar-such. The reason for the restriction on posts with links is simply due to a bot issue Forumotion tends to have, where bots will join forums and spam links to viruses and errors and such. It also helps two-fold for us because it prevents people joining just so they can advertise their stuff and then leave, which we have had happen in the past.
So, apologies for the delay, but a little patience should see you through! Plus, you're more than capable of editing your own posts here. As such, if you want to post your bio without any links, once the week restriction is up, you can edit in any links or images you may've wanted in there!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:36 pm

Hey guys, thank you all for your kind words and help in trying to get my chara bio out to you. It is so nice to meet you all :3
I will try and post the bio for my OC without the link, and try and post the link to her "concept" design in the art section if that helps at all?
I completely get what you're getting at Dregan. I was on something before, it wasn't like this but the general issue was along the same lines.
To Red, Brit buddies woop! Very Happy
And to Spark, Thank you for 'greeting me', I love your profile animation BTW!
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:38 pm

Oh hey a new one, welcome to SRN!! Only saw it come up now.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi Shrike! I was actually just reading an RP you are in :3 
Thank you for saying hello though! \O/
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member