Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kanteb Malouf

2 posters

Go down

Kanteb Malouf Empty Kanteb Malouf

Post by Sparkling-Cyanide Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:48 pm

Name: Kanteb Malouf
Nicknames: Teb, Kan
Species: Desert Hedgehog

Appearance:
   Kan is an average sized desert hedgehog, with soft prickly light brown quills that slightly poke out every so often, creating a rather stringy mess of his spines. His "hairstyle" is rather straight forward, a few spines reaching from the back of his head, in a slight down-curve. His skin is paler than most in the desert, but still keeping a dark peach tone. His black nose is placed where it should be, regular as ever. His eyes are a light blue, his eyelashes extended a small bit longer than that of average. His slender frame supporting his body, standing at a height of 5"9. His posture rather proper, while keeping a bit of carefree in the mix. His smile is a tad cocked resulting in a smirk, and his teeth are well-kept, a nice white. The hardest thing to miss, is the large black pair of generic hipster glasses that sit carefully in front of his eyes. He wears a crimson hoodie with the hood down, the zipper slid up about halfway, showing off the various graphic-tee's and t-shirts that he wears. On his hands are a pair of thin, fingerless, black gloves. Donned on his legs are a pair of dark jeans faded at the knees, and black and white hightop canvas shoes.

References:
Kanteb Malouf Kanteb10

Thanks to a new friend, I've gotten a great sketch of Kanteb, which I coloured myself. Surprisingly I didn't screw it up! Once again, Thanks to Sikopio for the line-art. She's a brilliant artist. 

Personality traits

- Extreme Temperatures, Scorching hot and Freezing cold.
- Spicy Foods, Especially peppers.
- Iced tea, Unhealthily obsessed with it honestly.
- Acting, Singing, Dancing. He may not be the best, but he sure loves partaking in them.
- Warm Sand, It's really nice to lay down in, even if you do get sand in your quills.
- Examining Nature. There wasn't much of it in the desert, so he's quite intrigued.

Dislikes:
- Bland Tastes. Really Boring.
- Tight spaces. Not claustrophobic, still makes him uncomfortable.
Unnecessary Violence. Why fight about nothing?
- Salt Water. It just doesn't sit with him well. 

Personality:
   Kan is rather cynical, looking at the world through narrow eyes, his parents instilling this on him through their actions. Past the dull world views he has, he's a fun, quirky hedgehog. Once you get him to talk, don't expect him to stop unless you ask him to. He's friendly, but sometimes stutters when talking to large groups of people. If there is one thing Kan is, it's comfortable in his own skin. He's not insecure, save for sometimes looking in the mirror after showers, and he enjoys himself and the life he's leading. His culture affected his early life, but he classified it as old fashioned when he left his village and went to the first city he'd ever seen. Amazed by the flashiness and busyness of city-life, he quickly adjusted himself. While he still resembles a desert hedgehog, the only remanence of his past lies in the look in his eyes when faced with issues or danger. The way his brain is wired to act in these situations, carefully rewired by evolution of desert hedgehogs for years before him. The look of perseverance, that is, never giving up. Even through all the struggles and hardships, the one thing that has stuck and stayed was that feeling. He just won't give up, even if it means hurting himself in the process. Overall, He's normal enough and comfortable with what he's done. He won't give up without a fight, or arguing if he truly wants something or believes it is right. Nobody could say he's good or evil, as he's driven by the most basic instinct: Survival. Above all, he protects himself and the ones he cares about. He places those he cares about above him, only taking care of himself in moments of stress to help them. Life is most precious to him, even when it needs a sacrifice to be saved.  

Combat traits

Powers:
   While he has no extraordinary powers, he's very durable. Being able to take a few hits and get back up, still smiling. He was trained in hand-to-hand fighting by a family friend. Though most of that knowledge has faded away, the instincts are still there. Without technique though he can mess up quite often, and doesn't always mean he can land a blow or dodge a hit perfectly. He did keep the knowledge of pressure points on common Mobians, and if he can figure it out soon enough, and not get beat down before reaching, it could mean the perfect turning point in a difficult battle. He's never used a gun other than a simple pistol, and prefers to stay out of conflict if at all possible, unless necessary.  While he isn't the fastest thing alive, he can move his hands relatively fast, sleight of hand if you will (Useful in his old village).

Strengths:
- Mild Hand-to-Hand experience, more so than an average Mobian, but not completely adept.
- Knowledge of some weak points on some species. (Hedgehogs, Foxes, Raccoons, and one or two on Bears)
- Fast hand movement. Thank you being a fake magician and scamming people all those years ago.

Weaknesses:
- Clumsiness, He's not perfect at fighting y'know. 
- Pacifism, While he will fight if needed, he could get hit first by refusing to fight.
- His clothes. Who fights in a hoodie and jeans? Not really great movement in them. Sometimes he'll take off the hoodie to fight.

Social information
Apologies if it's a bit bland, I'll definitely update it over time as he grows!

Positive relations
- Grand Master Al'uhkard. - Friend of family. Great man, Taught how to fight.
-

Negative relations

- Mother & Father - Very negative past, Pretty bad people.
-

History
   Kan is an average Mobian who grew up in the desert village of Ramil, where his mother and father had a large shop set up in the bazaar. His parents weren't evil, but their moral code was definitely blurry. They would easily scam multiple customers in a day, the customers never having a clue. While Kan didn't pay much attention to his parents awful activity, he did begin his own trade of sorts. Collecting or scavenging things he could find, and selling them at low prices, gathering a small business for a 12 year old. Maybe it was pity, or that his products were actually useful, he never did figure out why people bought his junk. At the age of 14 his parents enrolled him at the local fighting academy, where an old turtle taught basic techniques. Kan became friends with the grand master, and soon idolized the ancient turtle. Training for 2 years, becoming adept at the combat, until one morning he was found in his house, the village elders proclaimed he had died in his sleep. The village understanding of his distraught, allowed him to travel away, his parents bidding him farewell and giving him a bit of money to help him on his way. He packed the small amount of money in his bag, then left to the nearest town. Slowly, he began buying goods from local stores, traveling to a nearby village and selling them for an extended "Travel" fee. Finding something that made him decent profit, he decided to stick to it, and travel to other cities. Eventually his business faded off, traveling to larger places with pawn shops and the sort. He decided to settle down with his slight wealth, looking for a job in the meantime. Counting his wealth, he had enough to buy a small housing, and to pay for utilities for a year or two. He's sure he can get a job by then.

Notes
   Hey, Thanks for reading to the bottom of this rather long sheet. This is my first actual character, my others being made years ago and as generic and unoriginal as you could get. I wrote the top half of this at like 4 in the morning, so I'd be surprised if I didn't make some sort of mistake. Anyways, I'm totally open to criticism and I'd appreciate it! If you see any issues or have suggestions, just post them. Thanks again!
Cheers, S-C.

Edit 06/05/2016: Updated references, Updated History, Made appearance consistent.

Last edited by Sparkling-Cyanide on Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated References, Updated History, Updated Appearance.)
Sparkling-Cyanide
Sparkling-Cyanide

Back to top Go down

Kanteb Malouf Empty Re: Kanteb Malouf

Post by The Red Blur Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:28 pm

Ah, a fellow actor. This seems like a pretty interesting character to rp, and I would like to see him rp in the future.

All the best

~Red
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkling-Cyanide Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Thanks, I'm pretty proud of this one. A few hours of work put into this sheet right here, I'll see how it goes. Your character looks interesting as well! 

Cheers, S-C.
Sparkling-Cyanide
Sparkling-Cyanide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum