Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Exercise in Levity

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

An Exercise in Levity - Page 2 Empty Re: An Exercise in Levity

Post by Storm Wave Fri May 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Wait, WHAT?! Coming for me?! The fox panicked, nearly losing his balance as he swung his arms to maintain his center of gravity. Was this some sort of game to the other two?! This was dangerous! One wrong move and they could find themselves painting the pavement!

"I CAN'T STOP!" The fox called, desperately trying to get the point across that he was flying out of control and NOT in this for some sort of cheap thrill. Oh no... OH NO. The fox ran into another of the star bumpers, sending him flying through the air and onto the main junction of the speed highway. Boost pads sent him flying past an overpass, and... THROUGH A HIGH RISE?! Storm blasted down the hallway of one of the nearby hotel towers, hotel staff barely acknowledging him as they went about their duties and merely moved out of the way to give him some room. He careened into yet another bounce spring, this time being flung around the corner and down another hall before he disappeared out the window again and back onto the highway.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat May 21, 2016 12:26 am

Just as the fox in front of Caen hit yet another bumper, he shouted that he couldn't stop. Of course he couldn't stop, he would lose the race if he did, and he clearly did not want to lose, as he was putting a good fight towards Caen's raw speed. However, due to Caen being ever so slightly faster, he was slowly, but surely, catching up. Caen watched as he was sent into a building. 'How odd,' he thought 'didnt know this went through a building.'

Caen ricocheted off of the spring, and was sent careening through the hallways of the building, as staff just continued without acknowledging. Caen noticed one guy with a platter, which stood upon it a heavily carbonated sugary delight "sweet!" Caen said, grabbing it, and leaving a small amount of money in one fluid movement. Even with the speed he lost in the exchange, the sugar would more than make up for it. He cracked open the top, and glugged it down as he ran. As the sugar surged through his arteries, he began to gain more speed "best purchase of today, Caen." He spoke to himself. Another spring allowed Caen to turn a corner without losing momentum, and he leaped through another window, back onto straight roads. Not too far ahead, he noticed that the road seemed to end, whilst connecting to the side of a building. Caen hoped that his parkour skills were up to the task, and then shouted towards Storm "hey, hope you know what you're doing, dude!"

The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Mon May 23, 2016 7:14 pm

Hope I know what I... Wait, what? Why was the highway disappearing into the side of a building? The road twisted up on its side running almost 90 degrees in relation to... GRAVITY.

WHAT?! NO WAY! Storm gazed with horror as he was flung towards what he could only describe as a planned wall-run. Nope. That wasn't going to happen, and not for lack of trying as much as lack of ability. The fox tried his best to skid to a halt, only to wind up, again, tripping perilously, and forcing himself to tuck-and-roll into a giant orange pinball. One of the boost pads caught just a bit of him as he passed and sent him driving like a cannon shot across the glass surface of the building he and the hedgehog were approaching. For a moment that seemed to pierce the frozen time, they were neck-and-neck. But, would the fox maintain his "lead," or would the hedgehog overtake him?
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon May 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Caen looked ahead as the fox seemed to try to stop, but stumbled and rolled onto another boost pad, sending him across the building at a fast pace. As Caen passed this same boost pad, he built up so much speed he was practically beside Storm, as the road twisted ninety degrees and the two were running across the glass panes of the building. He looked over at the fox running- well, rolling- beside him "bit of an odd technique, there, I'll definitely say that. Or what? Were you chicken and you wanted out, but you didn't have the proper stopping technique? Please, I could stop on a dime if I wished. Although, Id lose if I did, no?" Caen winked, even though Storm probably couldn't see him. "Then again..." He looked downwards at the ground that he was running adjacent to "I probably would survive if I stopped now, as well"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum