Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you doing anything for Valentine's Day?

+10
Thunder
Froshana
ChaoticBou
Caliburn
Uncanny-Illustrator
spark tb
Whip~
Dregan
SparkleSwirl
Spekkal
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are you doing anything for Valentine's Day? Empty Are you doing anything for Valentine's Day?

Post by SparkleSwirl Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:53 pm

I've already done my Valentine's day gift exchange with the GF
(I got us tickets for Deadpool opening night, got her a bunch of candy, a portable cup for her little collection, a flower hair clip, some nail polish)
(She got me a Skelita doll + a pack of  Animal crossing Amiibo Cards)
(While I waited outside in the car because I had to give her a ride to the store to do so lmao Razz )

So what are you guys doing, and what did you get anyone, whether you already gave it to them or not?

Last edited by SparkleSwirl on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

http://toyhou.se/SparkleSwirl

Back to top Go down

Are you doing anything for Valentine's Day? Empty Re: Are you doing anything for Valentine's Day?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:06 pm

My plans are to cry myself to sleep due to how absolutely no one will ask to be my valentine, that and I just don't feel the whole 'love' thing for any girl I know...it's...kinda sad when you think about it...oh well, at least I got this forum to look at. (Slowly realizes I'm a sad excuse for a human being)

Back to top Go down

Are you doing anything for Valentine's Day? Empty Re: Are you doing anything for Valentine's Day?

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:17 pm

@Ricker: Okay but can we not? Like, this entire thread just feels rather awkward now.

Anyway.
I'm not doing much myself, just bought a ton of commissions for couple pieces because I'm a huge sucker for cute things. Dre lives quite a while from me, and he has work, so unfortunately it'll just be standard stuff!
And good choice of movie! I need to see that myself. Hope you guys have fun! <3
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:35 pm

@Spekkal
Ah getting commissions sounds like a great way to go~
I hope they turn out great for you~

And yeeesss I have high hopes for it! I'm on the hype train for DP~
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:13 pm

Aye, buying art seems to be the theme of the day for me and Spek this year. Aaand then feeling the other person has bought too much art and buying more art. And then more art. And then-
SPEK STOP COMISSIONING ART.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:39 am

I'll be vouyeristically watching as Spek and Dreg argue over commissions, secretly shipping them in my mind. c:
Also? Discount chocolate.
Fight me if that isn't what Valentine's Day is REALLY about. <3

EDIT: Also, perhaps just call it Valentine's Day for us United Statsians? V-Day is a totally different celebratory day here. XD
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Dregan wrote:SPEK STOP COMISSIONING ART.
no

Whip~ wrote:Also, perhaps just call it Valentine's Day for us United Statsians? V-Day is a totally different celebratory day here. XD
Oh huh, it is? What is it, vegetable day?
Also. Discount chocolate.
I entirely forgot that. Oh god. Why am I trying to be healthy. Why do you tease me this way, Whip?
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:57 pm

V-Day is also a global movement to stop violence against women, as well as short-hand for two entirely different holidays. #TheMoreYouKnow
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:17 pm

As a United Statsian myself, I have never heard it used for anything but Valentines day, but OH ok
///Well the timing of the thread creation got the intended point across at least WHAPS

But the discount chocolate where I'm at is basically non-existant now! They figured out people went to get discount candy so now they don't discount it until like a month after, or only discount it like... 5% so it's like 
How dare you ruin this momentous cheap candy occasion with your blasphemous lack of sales
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:14 pm

I plan on spending Valentines day the same way I spend it every year - IE, forgetting its a thing, and then going and buying chocolate that has a 20-40% discount the next day.

Trust me, discount chocolate is still a big thing around here ;D
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:55 pm

Hehe,  so remind me again WHEN Valentines Day is,  because I have no clue what day it is. 

But,  if I ever do remember,  it will probs be spent at school,  disgustedly listening to the crap said in band,  making jokes about the school lunch,  and last bit not least,  smarting off to the cheerleaders and football players who mess with meself 
(Possibly buy chocolate from myself,  who knows? )

But oh,  I would die for discount chocolate,  so cheap and delicious,  especially for women Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:30 pm

@Amber It's the 14th so Sunday, doubt you'd be in school ;D

I myself will most likely do what I always do on the weekends, draw, play games and chat with people. But because valentines I will also do it while being surrounded by roses and discount chocolate. It's the small things you know ;D

Also I will do what I do each year and that is to find images online of stupid valentine's cards and send them to friends on skype c:
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:09 pm

I myself never really do much special for Valentines Day. Razz My family hardly ever cared about it, and it's either you're going out with someone or you're not. If you are, it's their choice to get you something. If not, you won't get anything from anyone else. xD

Valentines Day where I'm from is pretty dull, basically. But eh, I don't mind either.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:24 pm

Why is this an annual thing to ask what you're doing with Valentine's day?

OH WAIT I AM ACTUALY GOING TO DO SOMETHING! I'm like, going to give lots of people a present so that I can be cheesy and say that I love everyone. It's gonna be so great yes.

I MEAN I HAVEN'T TOLD YOU GUYS ANYTHING YOU DIDN'T READ THIS.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:57 pm

So, I usually just watch the only cute guys who come to where I work buy their girlfriends sexy gifts like I do the last few years, but instead, I've made plans to have a giant steel bird carry me to the great white North so I can antagonize a very specific C.S.O. and prevent him from getting anything useful done for a week or so. >:U

Which pretty much means running around like a puppy in snow and lots of video games, awww yeah! Might see about hoarding some discount chocolate if given the opportunity, too.

Tips on being obnoxiously cute totes welcome.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:11 am

I dont know about you but im watching the walking dead season 6 pick up. Possibly sleep... What? Dont call me a loner.
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryder the hedgehog Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:24 pm

what i'm going to be doing... probably nothing but  play on my Ps3  (i would rather be alone  ).... all though.... valentine's day is good excuse to  buy LOTS AND LOTS  OF CHOCOLATE   
Ryder the hedgehog
Ryder the hedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by watdakstomp Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:45 pm

I actually don't celebrate Valentines day.

watdakstomp

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:32 pm

What I have learnt from this topic so far:
Spekkal and Dre are nerds
Everyone loves chocolate, especially if its discount
Some people have the drive to do actual gift stuff for friends like ????
Some people apparently have the drive to go see friends and or significant others????

Valentines, the perfect holiday.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:57 pm

I guess I'm gonna break tradition here?

I actually have a date with someone new.

Its actually quite a new and exciting experience considering the recent stuff I've been through and I'm hoping it helps me fight back against depression!

So hooray for Punk doing the most valentine-y thing lmao.

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:46 pm

I'm actually off on Valentine's Day???  I think that is ironic since I hate the day personally.

Likely going to be at war with people on Skype with sending silly cards.  Likely though just sitting at home to watch my tv shows, doing some art and hanging with my cat.

Also zombies, TWD is back on that day and what a great way to enjoy the day than watching zombie eat people. <3
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by watdakstomp Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:45 pm

One of my friends at my school got a singing telegram as a prank. While he was getting sung to he was just standing there, just click his ball point over and over again.

I'm I a bad person if I say that I found that funny?

watdakstomp

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:58 pm

Ah singing telegrams are great
Like the restaurant workers chanting a half-hearted birthday song to you of valentine's day~

I say as long as it wasn't done in malice, it's perfectly fine to laugh!
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ResolverOshawott Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:41 pm

Enjoy my rather currently sad and boring life as a single. 

My rather high standards wouldn't allow me to get a boyfriend kf some sorts,  at least not where I'm living in. And the person I'm interested in is on a different continent and years older than me but I can wait. 

Either way, Happy Singles Shaming Day.

ResolverOshawott
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:34 pm

I always exchanged valentines with friends! (Usually some purposefully awful ones! I peeked in boxes for misprints, not gonna lie)

And usually exchanged flowers or something of the like with my parents~
So I never saw it as a sad day for singles because there was so much else to do that didn't need to be romantic!
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum