Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gurren lagann

5 posters

Go down

Gurren lagann  Empty Gurren lagann

Post by kingleon Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:44 pm

Is anyone here a fan of gurren lagann. What do you think about it. Have any improvments. Just comment  here if you want to show them.  

My critisim is that kamina died way to early. And i think he should  have atleast survived to second season. The show has a great mix of comedy,action, music and storylines

Last edited by littlekingeleo on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spellong)
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Gurren lagann  Empty Re: Gurren lagann

Post by Spekkal Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:58 pm

littlekingeleo wrote:My critisim is that kamina died way to early. And i think he should  have atleast survived to second season.
Oh I was planning on watching it at some point
but uh
spoilers i guess??
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Oh crap... sorry  spek
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:24 pm

Oh welp, better not get attached to that character now
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:01 pm

It's okay, you can't not get attached to Kamina. He's probably one of the best characters but... every character is the best character, so...
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:06 pm

Reply to Littlekingeleo's Statement:

TTGL is probably up there as one of my favourite shows, as I stated I enjoyed watching the characters develop, seeing how they grew up and how they dealt with such trauma, a long with the many other troubles they did face.

If I had any criticism though it is that I feel that the time skip took itself way more serious than it had to, like yeah they situation it was in was serious, but I felt like the show lost somewhat of it's touch during the first little while of the time skip, making me a little bored.

And this isn't as much of a criticism as it is more of uh..advice in that I'll say - You really need to just switch off your brain to watch this show. Like, don't think about it too much if you plan to watch it. 

However my hat goes off to the quality of the final episode - the final battle, animation,the music.I get goosebumps every time I watch it.
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Midknight wrote:And this isn't as much of a criticism as it is more of uh..advice in that I'll say - You really need to just switch off your brain to watch this show. Like, don't think about it too much if you plan to watch it. 

While I do agree with a lot of what you're saying, I don't agree with this bit of advice. You don't have to switch your brain off while watching it, in fact I think that it's more important to think about the things that are happening rather than write them off. 

It can be a little strange and certainly doesn't have much logic to it but... that's the point, that's pretty much the entire point and I think that's important to think about. It's that in particular that drives some of the big themes that this show holds. To shut your brain off and not take that in would be losing a lot of what the show has to offer, and a lot of the reason why I love it so much.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:00 am

So I finally got a chance to sit down and watch this series and...oh boy I, hm.
Like it does a lot of things right; extremely fluid animation, some amazing visuals(Mostly in those final 10-ish episodes), great fight scenes and some great characters both design and personality wise.

But ooooooooh it just has some huge flawssss, some plot wise, some character wise and some just...balance wise in a fact. There are points where the series straight out contradicts itself with story and the humor is so badly mixed. Like it as all fun and games, very light hearted till SPOILER dies (Thank god they did, they were annoying) and then humor just gets thrown right out of the window.

I can't get my brain to get it to stop comparing the first season to Kill la Kill in basic set up and then compare it to NGE in the second season.

All in all I will say it's not a bad watch per say, but it's really not as amazing of a masterpiece of an anime as I been told(Same goes for NGE tbh)

Sorry if it comes off as ranty, it isn't meant to be ; ; I just wanted to type it out as it still was fresh on the mind.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:11 am

Nah, you're fine. 

And it's probably so similar to Kill la Kill because it was made by the same people (Not the same studio, the same people). Even I saw the similarities. 

I still think it's absolutely fantastic, and I can't really imagine how you could find SPOILER annoying, because I thought they were super endearing and a great character even though they exist solely for the development of another character. 

I'm interested to know what you think contradicts itself, because it feels like a pretty smooth ride through and through- then again it's been a year since I watched it. One of my friends has watched it about 5 times though haha. 

I think I get what you mean though, it's sort of refreshing to see someone who isn't like "WOW STILL GREAT 10/10" because that tends to be a majority of people I've seen talk about it and honestly that's really my opinion on it too haha
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum