MyNoise.net

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MyNoise.net

Post by Froshana on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:14 pm

I'm legit on this website every day and with a lot of people here who like to write, maybe it'll come in handy for someone else!

MyNoise.net is this amazing website that has a whole ton of sound generators for all kinds of situations. If you frequent Tumblr, maybe you already know it since I'm 74% certain that's where I heard of it back when I could keep up with the site.
Regardless, it is great! From something as seemingly random as a the sounds of a laundromat all the way over to listening to a stream or river flowing through a cave. Tons of rain sounds for those of us who chill best when it's raining ( ah ha sorry not sorry to you guys who live where it rains a lot, I just never feel like it rains enough in Texas ;w; ). This website is just awesome and while I mostly use it to have interesting background noises to sleep to, it also comes in handy when writing and trying to get into the mood of a certain location or ambiance.
A lot of people also mention it's great for to help calm some anxieties, but I am fortunately unfamiliar with that, it would seem. -w-

Still, I feel like it could always use more attention and maybe some people on here could also enjoy it! Would love to know what sounds and settings are/become your favorites, too!

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Re: MyNoise.net

Post by Dregan on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:05 am

This... this is incredibly handy. Getting more and more into both video and sound editing recently, and it's gonna be reeeeaaally handy for providing different ambiences to different scenes. I am going to be making a LOT of use out of this.

Plus, do often like the sound of rain and other meditational noises to assist sleep. So good for that too!

Dregan
Staff
Staff

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CyanFox on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:25 pm

Wellp. It doesn't seem to make any sounds for me. If it works with the rest, cool thing dude! I am in great need for studying sounds. I'll check it out later, see if it works then.

Character Bios:
Boubka Frolig
Alina Marilayra
Craid Taron
Luka Frolig
Prescill Marilayra

My beautiful profile picture was drawn by the fabulous and spectacular Uncanny-Illustrator!
CyanFox
Expert Member
Expert Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Yessss, embrace the sounds

And that's weird that it doesn't work for you. 8U I do think I also had some kind of strange difficulty with it at one point, but I have no idea if I changed something to make it work or if it fixed itself since this was well over a year ago.
Personally, I use Firefox, but I assume it should work just fine with any browser.
Hopefully it'll work for you with a little tweaking because some of the sounds on there really are outstanding when you need something to help you focus and musical jams don't do the trick.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum