Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steven Universe

+8
spark tb
ChaoticBou
Knuxtiger4
kingleon
Spekkal
Caliburn
Dregan
Uncanny-Illustrator
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Steven Universe Empty Steven Universe

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:07 pm

So we already have topics for popular things lately and yet I lack to see an SU one
SO DAMM PEOPLE I AM MAKING ONE BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO SCREAM ABOUT IT TO OTHERS
(That and it consumed a large chunk of my life already)

Like what so far has been your fav episode?
Fav character?
Fav OST?
ECT.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Steven Universe Empty Re: Steven Universe

Post by Dregan Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:51 pm

So I know this show well because one friend kept telling me about it and then Uncanny here got me to sit down and watch it. 8D
All of it. 8D

Cuuurrent favourite episode would be Catch and Release. It's one of the few episodes to make me genuinely laugh out loud more at multiple points. The writing of the episode is excellent, often very funny, and at times surprisingly quite witty. Not only that, it provided a fundamental change in the dynamics of the show and really bought about some nice development. Good development is good.

Favourite character iiiis... Amethyst probably. I dunno, I like her attitude, and I like how inherently flawed she is, whilst still being likable. It really feels they justify why she is the way she is, and I think she brings an interesting dynamic to the team as the one character who's probably fighting most in terms of what they want, rather than in terms of what came before them and dictated them to this point.

Favourite song... Well, I mean, the great songs generally are obvious stand-out choices. 'Stronger Than You' will essentially be mentioned by everyone at some point, so I want to give some love to one of the lesser-considered songs.
Like A Comet is a great song, especially considering Greg's voice can often be quite... lacklustre for many of his other songs. In this though, he manages to hit it just right, and it shows fully in the character's passion. It really helps show exactly where Greg has come from and the driving forces in his life. It also helps provide a nice contrast to the Greg we see now, and helps establishing the sort of path he's been on through life.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:13 pm

I've heard this is another case like Gravity Falls.

...Never touched it, but I'm debating. Then again I'm also debating on not. I'm unsure.

For starter, actually, why SHOULD I watch it? Razz
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:20 pm

Good animation, some fun musical numbers, great writing and characters, and rather progressive for a kids show in terms of issues and individuals they're willing to address and represent. It's also quite a smart show in terms of it's continuity - it does it's best to set things up in advance, even subtly, and even small seemingly throw-away episodes will tend to at least recieve some slight reference in the long run. It does feel like a continuous universe, without being too forceful on the matter.
It's also blatantly ever-improving. Big example is in terms of the animation quality which... didn't start too great, but keeps getting better and better. It doesn't do that thing a lot of shows do where they go 'okay, we've started at this level, this is the level we need to remain on to keep consistency throughout'. They dare to strive to improve.

Last thing I'll say too, is it's a very easy series to just sorta 'try out'. Episodes are generally about 10-15 minutes, so if you're curious to see if you'll like it or not, you don't have to dedicate a ton of time to trying it.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Like what so far has been your fav episode?
Gonna agree with Dregan here and say that Catch And Release was a fantastic episode. If Burn's yet to watch, I won't say much, and it's been a while since I've seen it so I can't fully recollect the episode fantastically. But Peridot. She was at her best in that episode. And it has so many hilarious scenes. Plus, we found out more about her, and found out how much of a cute nerd she is.

Fav character?
Peridot. Dorito wife is the best wife (but not as wife as Knux). I love Peridot. I love her personality, I love the way she acts, I love her animations, I love every scene she#s in and like I'm pretty sure all other fans are the same. All the cast are amazing, flawed in their own way, and utterly fantastic. Every character has strengths and weaknesses that make them developed CHARACTERS and not just things on a screen that we watch and that never changes. But.. Peridot tho.

Fav OST?

IT'S SO GOOD.

I would admittedly go into more detail about the show, and how much I love it, and how Uncanny there got me into it and goddamn you, but I am very tired and my responses are awful. So have the basics!
Watch it! It's great!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:33 am

Its a good show but it could use more action packed battles.
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:58 am

Oh god this show.

This show is the very reason why the last year or so that I've been in gay space rock hell.  

I got into it at the beginning and believe it was just me and Uncanny watching it?  Last March is when we both dragged several people in and I do not regret that one bit.

Favorite episode, its a tough call since there was some REALLY good ones as of recently.  I will say the majority on Catch and Release was a really good episode.  Other ones I loved was Jailbreak, On the Run, Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem, Monster Buddies and a few others.  Lion 3: Straight to Video will always hurts the feels. ;n;

Favorite character?  Amethyst.  I just really like her attitude and personality and how much different she is from the other gems.  Also her backstory, come on you have to feel bad for in some sense.  Other character I quite like are Garnet, Peridot and Connie as some of my favorites.

Favorite song hands down is Moonlit Battlefield

Also very deep into this show when I'm at the point where I have gemsonas.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:32 am

YESSS STEVENNNNN
My favourite episode has to be....crud I actually have two in my head. I really liked Garnet's Universe and The test. With Garnet's universe I just loved the art style and the way Steven made up that story. With the test? I just had feels man. Feels I've never before, which probably came back in some episodes after but SHHH The Test was the first one.

My favourite OST? Mirror Match. It really feels like the fight is hopeless, although they still keep fighting on.

ffavourite character is probably Steven himself. He really develops as a character, from being happy-go-lucky, which he still actually is, to being a pretty serious kid. He just really cares about people and that strikes my heart every time I see him.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:50 pm

Since I have yet to answer my own questions ;D

My favorite episode personally is Chille tide. Because the main tag line is so innocent, BUT HOT DANG. It has some...dark stuff going on. Plus it has a few of my favorite moments of the series for me.

My fav character has to be Lapis Lazulli. I will try to avoid spoilers but she's just such a tragic character. And I just really want to see more of her and her development.

My fav song I will put under a spoiler since it has spoilers if you aren't a good chunk into the second season
YAY SONG:
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:34 am

Figure would revive the thread for some discussions.

Show currently on another hiatus again thanks to the American holiday season and probably won't be back until the start of 2016.  Regardless for all of us that have watch most of the show until now, what do you think will be the direction of the current story?  What do you think will happen?  We were left at an interesting development of things so figure would spark some discussion!
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:00 am

Gonna put my predictions and stuff under a spoiler since I recall some not being up to date yet or been meaning to watch it.

WOW PREDICTIONS:
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:42 am

TIME TO REVIVE THIS THREAD BECAUSE...

HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Thanks to Uncanny who shared this information in one of our Skype chats that they brought us great news!  Steven Universe is coming out of hiatus at the start of the new year!  What's even better than that?

ANOTHER STEVEN BOMB!  This one will be airing from January 4th to January 8th.  Unfornately I don't have the air times since before the hiatus they kept moving the times it aired.  Last I remember was it was 7PM EST which was pretty late.  Regardless, we are spoiled with summaries of those episodes airing.

“The Answer”– Garnet finally tells Steven the story of how she came to be a Crystal Gem.
“Steven’s Birthday” – Steven has a birthday party out at the barn, and decides he has some growing up to do.
“It Could’ve Been Great”  The Gems take a trip to the moon.
“Message Received” – Steven has doubts about believing in everyone.
“Log Date 7 15 2”– Steven sneaks a listen to a friend’s audio diary.

Even better news, we were also spoiled with a preview to "The Answer"!  The preview itself raises a lot of questions to say the least!

LET THE HYPE BEGIN AS WE PATIENTLY WAIT.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:24 pm

OKAY BUT
HOW AMAZING IS PERIDOT THO?
SHE IS MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER. SHE'S COME SO FAR.
Also she is the best at shipping.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:33 pm

Spekkal wrote:OKAY BUT
HOW AMAZING IS PERIDOT THO?
SHE IS MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER. SHE'S COME SO FAR.
Also she is the best at shipping.

Last week's episodes were just amazing and so much character development on Peridot's part, I just loved it.  Also been seeing a lot of posts of people comparing how she was went we met her and how she is now and wow just good character development for her.  I'm awaiting to see how things go with her now.

ALSO SO MUCH STUFF HAPPENED LAST WEEK, IT WAS AMAZING. ;U;
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:36 pm

I'm really hoping she gets her limb enhancers back. I think that'd really show that she was able to be fully trusted, and that she's accepted as part of the team. I mean, it'd come full-circle then.
Log Date is still my favourite episode so far.
And the reveal of Neck Queen is also best.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Peridot is the best character in this whole darn show and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Like, she's just... she grows so much, but it's all entirely in her own character? She learns so much from the gems, but she doesn't become some... romantic, whimsical hippie like being, but rather she remains as logical and efficiant and thoughtful as before and is just

ashdsahdsd

I love her ok fite me (ง •̀_•́)ง
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:06 am

Am I the only one who thinks that this is super catchy and awesome?
Kinda spoilers if you haven't finished the first season .-.:

You guys have probably all noticed it but I still wanna point it out.
What makes those songs in the show itself so beautiful is that it changes just a little bit every time another character is on screen.
Garnet has her dance drum beat thing....dunno how to really call it
Amethyst has more synth techno tones in her segments.
Steven has beeps and Lion has bells which are super cute btw.
And Pearl has her godly Piano or even sometimes violin. I mean, you should test it with the song I posted: Mirror match, the transitions are exactly at the point another character fills the screen.
AND THE WAY THEY MIX THAT UP WITH FUSIONS. BY GOLLY.

Oh yeah and Dot is my waifu right now.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:21 pm

*Smashes the door down and runs in, huffing*

AM I TOO LATE?!

Holy shizz, I just started watching this show like 2 weeks ago and I've binged nearly every episode and holy f-

Anyway, Weirdly, my favorite character is Greg, hes just...so weirdly relatable and his young design is sicks and stuff.

But in terms of gems Peridot is absolutely bae, shes legit me, like omg I can't get over how obssessed I've been with this show recently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:34 pm

Minor update for this thread since we're on hiatus again with the show.

Apparently there was a Toy Fair this past week and they revealed A LOT of merchandise they will be releasing over the next year or so. I know hands down I want those Gauntlets so I can beat up my siblings with them. >:3  But this is a good thing since seems like the marketing is going well then to be making a lot of cool stuff!  This also means the show is doing really good to have this much coming out in the terms of merch stuff.

Also last bomb revealed so much...I know the creators have been teasing how the direction of the show will be going and I'm all hyped to see how it goes.  Once I find out when new episodes will be airing again I'll updated things here!
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:13 pm

I'm throwing this out for those of you who browse tumblr and what not, but it LOOKS like clips for upcoming episodes have been leaked online. From what I've seen, they seem pretty official, but contain clips that are way too spoilery to be simple trailer stuff. Soooo.. keep your eyes peeled, and hope people tag their spoilers.

The good news is, this hopefully means new episodes soon!
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:23 pm

spark tb wrote:I'm throwing this out for those of you who browse tumblr and what not, but it LOOKS like clips for upcoming episodes have been leaked online. From what I've seen, they seem pretty official, but contain clips that are way too spoilery to be simple trailer stuff. Soooo.. keep your eyes peeled, and hope people tag their spoilers.

The good news is, this hopefully means new episodes soon!

Going to clarify Spark's information.

The clips were released on Cartoon Network's UK website meaning these are in fact official clips and technically doesn't fall in the realm of 'leaks'.  Personally consider it leaks when people are blatantly hacking and all that jazz to get to clips and episodes on CN's server.  Believe it was a blunder of the CN UK's folks since those clips probably shouldn't have been published online, especially showing that much spoiler content.

Going to ask everyone to refrain from posting links to those clips here since they are HEAVY spoilers the both of them. IF YOU ARE GOING TO DISCUSS ABOUT THEM PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL GEMS USE SPOILER TAGS.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:59 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Fri May 13, 2016 7:36 am

-quietly raises giant feather duster, like the grave digger he is-

So uh, the first two episodes of season 3 have dropped!

...and I'm going to say it now, good stuff, very good stuff I very much enjoyed it all yes. It's... it's kind of hard to talk about it all, since there's a great many spoilers? So uh... don't look in spoiler tags if you don't want to know! 

Spoiler:
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Mon May 16, 2016 7:28 pm

Spoiler:

But yes. Steven Universe rocks. c:
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:39 am

-SCREAMING-

Time to bring this thread back up since there been A LOT of new developments.

Actually kinda surprised we aren't taking about the fact we just passed Week 1 of the Summer of Steven special going on.  

To catch up on everything, we had a "In Too Deep" special that ran a few weeks that we got a few new episodes back in May.  After waiting very patiently we got an announcement that through July into early August that we are getting literally the rest of Season 3.

Let me tell you, searching around you will find some spoiler clips that should tell you how big this is!  I can say at least that we've see one new gem so far from the event! Hope everyone is keeping up, its a lot of new episodes coming up!

I'mgoingtocrymygayfeelsbytheendofthis.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: