Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets talk anime

+8
Uncanny-Illustrator
Spekkal
Mephiles the Dark
spark tb
TwinkleCharm
ChaoticBou
Whip~
Caliburn
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lets talk anime - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets talk anime

Post by Thunder Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:34 pm

@mid i have seen One Punch Man as it is up to the newest episode that is out so far, and i enjoy it too

And if some of you havent noticed yet i have too much time to watch anime
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy the Jealous Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:38 am

I suggest Lost Exile and FMA as they are both very good animes, SAO wasn't that great for me and I'll be fine with what I got until I find some other good ones k thx.
Envy the Jealous
Envy the Jealous
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Being jealous of all the great artists on this site >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:25 am

@envy, hey everyone's got their own tastes
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:08 am

Personally am planning on like re-watching a few classic ones. Coming year because I can.
Digimon(All of them)
Yu-gi-oh(All of them)
Beyblade(All of them)
Sailor Moon(All of them)

Cause I really just want o have a blast of nostaligia and cringe worthy voice acting again YEAAAAAH
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:15 pm

@uncanny, subbed or dubbed?
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:07 pm

I COME BEARING MORE ANIME TRASH
So Dregan decided to force me to watch Death Note at gunpoint, and I loved it? I knew it was popular, but I didn't expect it to be that fantastic. The characters, the story, utterly fantastic and would watch again. 10/10

Oh, and One Punch Man is great as others have said. I'd advise people to watch it, it's fantastic! Genos confirmed for best cyborg.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:38 am

@Thunder: Dubs for at least digimon's first two series, will most likely go for subs with the rest but just nostalgia yo.

Also added PreCure to my list of stuff to watch because apparently that is supposed to be pretty good for a magical girl anime as well so???
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:33 am

@uncanny same here i cant watch anime i have grown up with in subs it feels weird but everything else has to be subbed or it will just feel weird to me

@all the people who watch and talked about one punch man, some S classes confirm that saitama is stronger than them, and some dont believe them, what do you think he will do, Find out on the next episode of Dragon ball Super!
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:07 pm

Thunder wrote:@all the people who watch and talked about one punch man, some S classes confirm that saitama is stronger than them, and some don't believe them
>Implying Saitama isn't stronger than them.
nah tho
Like his entire character is 'most powerful person ever', but it's done so... ridiculously well. I really didn't expect to like it so much, I thought it'd just be cliché considering all problems can be solved with a punch.
They obviously will realise in time that Saitama's beyond S rank, and is THE most powerful hero by far, but I'm curious on what will happen then.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:47 pm

I actually stopped watching Death-note towards the end of it, mainly because the, uh.. new characters really rubbed me the wrong way. Otherwise, that series is amazing, and is in fact the only one I own a copy of the manga's first issue for [and some of the original pokemon manga.]

And I've only watched one episode of OPM, mainly because all the websites I've checked out don't work properly when trying to play the second episode. The first episode is really well done, though, and I am determined to watch more later on. I look forward to some of the... longer fights, considering the first episode is really set up to demonstrate his powers and how the world works.

I have to confess, I don't... really like watching subbed anime, mainly because I like it as background noise, so having to glance back and forth to read the text really isn't something I enjoy - It's one of the reasons why I didn't get that far in attack on titan. I only got through kill la kill because there is a lot more going on visually.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Oh no, an anime thread. 

Oh no, we're talking about subs and dubs. 

Personally, if I have the choice I usually choose subs over dubs- but there are some dubs out there that are done really well. So much so, that I would recommend them over the subs. The one that I'm thinking of is a comedy, but it's also suggestive so I'll pass because the forum itself is PG-13. 

Kill la Kill was another hilarious dub done really well, but I watched it when it first aired and was subbed. I do remember seeing some clips of the dub online, and it looks really great. 
I've also watched Future Card Buddyfight dubbed because the subs just weren't avaliable, and after 64 episodes of the first season and about 20 of the second season (they weren't able to continue dubbing it due to the voice actors going on strike so the youtube channel just uploads the subs now.) I can say that it wasn't too bad. I think I prefer the subs for the most part though, I just don't mind the dub. 

I guess I'll post a list of anime I consider really good, and maybe even some I absolutely despise in a bit since the post is already getting really long, haha. I don't really rank my anime though, much like I don't rank my movies. I have three categories for most media: Good, Okay and Bad. Save for the few REALLY GOOD and REALLY BAD shows I've experienced.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:49 am

Same here with me, exept its the newer ones i watch, and the ones i grew up with like beyblades, pokemon, and dragon ball i cant stand subs
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Ok, so I finished watching OPM last night... and I will say now, 100% worth the time taken to do so. Just.. beautiful animated, with enough going on at all times to make me interested in actually watching it and the subs, instead of just listening to it as background noise.

That entire show is just... beautiful.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2