Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August Event Week 4

5 posters

Go down

August Event Week 4 Empty August Event Week 4

Post by DeuxExDimensia Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:35 pm

As the competitors began to reach the end of the rocky line, Volt sighed figuring it wasn't going to rain after all. That was, of course, before he looked up at the sky. The clouds collected more and more, and a grey sheet covered the sky- effectively blocking out the sun and making the day much darker. As the mobians on shore started to see this sudden change in weather, they got up and left one by one... Those in the ocean that were still swimming began to make their way out for their own safety as the wind picked up and the waves crashed into the shore with more fervor than before. 

Volt swallowed hard, at least they started to come back towards the shore at this point- right? They should have been heading back. They would be fine, right? Everything was fine. He stared at the sky, he should've gotten off the rock, god forbid it started raining and he slipped off instead. His eyes fixated on the sky, afraid that anything that could've happened to them would be his fault completely. Or, rather their fault as he eyed Flare for a moment- who was yelling at the competitors to hurry it up. 

"Come on, let's go!" He yelled so they could hear him. "Ya gotta get out of the water!" 
This prompted Equity, at least, to hurry up with reaching the end of the line, turning right around after he got there and using all of his tiny might to make his way back to the shore. 

As if it couldn't have gotten worse... 
There was a raindrop, two, three, many. It poured, and for anyone still on the beach... well, it wouldn't be pleasant.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

August Event Week 4 Empty Re: August Event Week 4

Post by C.S.O. Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55 pm

"Certainly. I don't have any other modes of transit available to me." he replies, "You know how it is."

He follows her gaze out into the water where the race was carrying on. Even as he does that, he notices the clouds gathering overhead. He'd seen plenty of storms and this looked as though it was going to be a big one. He glances back over at the canine.

"You planning on staying here for long?" he asks, "Because it looks like it's going to start raining heavily."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:34 pm

As the day truly grew darker, Reena lifted her gaze skyward. She was starting to wonder if it might really rain after all when she caught the sound of Flare calling out to the swimmers and she looked towards him, then back out at the three in the water. Wolf asked her a question right after and she returned her attention to him again.
"I dunno," she admitted, looking to the clouds, "I'll at least wait for the race to finish, then maybe find somewhere to sit it out if it starts raining."
Reena turned and went ahead and snapped a couple more pictures of the racers in the increasingly active waves.
"With how quickly it formed, I bet it won't last long anyway," she added in.
As if on cue, a raindrop plopped right onto her muzzle as she was taking a sip of her snowcone and the dog flinched. She looked up and received another drop on her forehead.
"Ahh, there it is!" she commented. She didn't seem very bothered by the rain, even as it started to fall harder. She was, after all, wearing a swimsuit and her camera was waterproof. Her snowcone would be less fortunate however.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:18 am

Hears that the storm was coming and immediately understood that the contest was canceled, so he swam back to the shore in a hurry being pushed around by the waves and also being pulled by the riptide making his return slower than his initial trip
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanitorium9 Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:22 am

Luis ignored this and continued to swim as if it were a race, his masionist tick made the salt water in his eyes and the difficulty of swimming in the storm made it all more enjoyable, he swam, with little trouble with his tail to the finish, determined to win still as he already was coming back to shore after reaching the end point.
Insanitorium9
Insanitorium9

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:39 pm

Alright, they'd be back, they'd be back. Everything was going just fine... Volt tried to repeat to himself in his head as he jumped off of the rock he was perched on before he slipped off and broke his neck instead. He landed on his feet in the wet sand, a rather uncomfortable feeling but not too terribly bad. He looked out towards the water once again, monitoring the racers- especially Equity- that were making their way back to the shore. Quickly, he searched his pockets for something that would qualify as a prize, the only thing to his name at the moment being a few coins and a coupon for a fast food place that would expire tomorrow. Well, that's just great, they probably should've thought this through a little better. 

Flare watched the racers from above, now it looked like everyone was heading back towards the shore. Good, that was good. His eyes followed their chao friend closely, who, after a few moments of the waves getting incredibly rough, burst out of the water and flew into the air. "I'm done, I can't do it!" He yelled. "I'm gonna get thrown around like a ragdoll in there!" 

Which wasn't wrong of him to say. The waves were getting steadily rougher as the wind picked up. The wind, in fact, was so strong that it started to blow down stray objects strewn about the beach. Volt seemed to be very against leaving his position, and stayed by the shore- watching the two still in the water make it back to the shore. Flare and Equity, however, quickly went over to their own things and gathered up everything they could carry so that they wouldn't lose it.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:49 pm

Wolf frowns slightly as the rain begins to pour down.

"Well... I guess it's too late to get to any shelter." he says, "Even if I leave now, I'm gonna be soaked before I get anywhere."

He looks over at Reena.

"At least you're better prepared for this weather." he tells her, "I guess you were ready to get in the water."

He looks out across the waterline.

"And it looks like everyone is back on 'dry' land but for a couple of stragglers." he adds.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:39 pm

"May as well just enjoy a nice storm!" Reena replied, having to raise her voice to speak over the sound of the wind and rain.
She looked to her waterlogged snowcone.
"Although it cost me a good drink," she added.
The canine turned to still watch the racers coming back to shore. It was unnerving how violent the sea had become now and she just hoped the trio could make it safely out of the waves again. She watched the chao fly up out of the water's reach, but that still left the other two.
"It's just a good thing that those guys must be strong swimmers out there," Reena pointed out, "But I'll feel better once everyone's back onshore."
The dog had to shield her eyes for several moments as the wind blew the rain against her face and she could see a few things being pushed about by the gusts that blew over the beach.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:38 pm

Once Thunder made it to the beach he walked twards a picnic shelter and sat down, he sat for a few seconds and then got up to buy something from the food stand like the storm wasn't even happening, he got some waffle fries then went back to the picnic shelter
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanitorium9 Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:19 am

Luis had dissappeared from the water mysteriously, truth was he was already on the beach on a lounge chair protected from the storm by an umbrella, drinking a beverage from the local concession. "Tisk, tisk." He said to himself as he saw Thunder walking toward the picnic shelter, he just laid there as if the weather was clear instead of it's current status, he laid his head back as he tossed a jewel up and down.
Insanitorium9
Insanitorium9

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:58 am

Volt turned around as the other two got ready to head home with their stuff in hand. He blinked, staring at the two in the pouring rain- then sighed a heavy sigh of relief. At least they were okay, but it was time to run to a place where it wasn't raining, preferably inside. Unsure who to declare the winner, Volt walked up the beach slightly, looking at the group in utter confusion and slight disappointment. It sucked how the day ended up like this, but there wasn't anything they could do about it now. 

Equity jumped up, ready to go home, and yelled. "Everyone's the winner! Now we can go home!" He promptly picked up a small box he placed in the sand in order to fly up and yell the way he did, then made his way towards the boardwalk with the rest of his friends. 

With that, the day was pretty much over as far as they could tell. While it turned out to be quite the disaster, it was relieving how no one was hurt, at least. 

(Kind of anti-climactic, but feel free to reply to your heart's content now to wrap up your own interactions, because that was the end haha)
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:55 am

"Well, it looks like everyone is out of the water now." Wolf says to Reena, speaking up to be heard over the sound of the falling rain, "Should we go and head off to some shelter and get out from under the rain? Maybe go and get caught up and possibly dry off too?"

He offers her a slight smile.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:06 am

Reena seemed to relax more once the others were safely out of the water. Those who started the race and those who participated seemed to all go and do their own things once the immediate danger was passed and so the canine figured it was all done and over with. Once Equity declared all three of them to have won, she simply smiled and turned her attention back towards Wolf.
"Sure, that sounds good!" she replied, starting off towards the boardwalk again. Her watered down snowcone was dropped off in a trash bin along the way.
"I got a room just a block or so away if you wanna head over there," Reena suggested.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:16 am

Just goes home after making no friends and mutters to himself "But i thought people make friends at the beach"
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanitorium9 Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Luis ignored all surrounding distractions and people, in his eyes. he had won, but since no one was declared a winner made him quiet angry, he just laid under the shade and rain, making the tine to rest fell a least slightly enjoyable before he went and cause mischief once more.
Insanitorium9
Insanitorium9

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:33 pm

"Sure." Wolf replies, "That sounds like as good a place as any to start from. Just lead the way."

He looks back towards town.

"Then we can figure out what to do from there." he adds.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:10 pm

Reena nodded to him, picking up the pace as she began to hurry on up to the boardwalk and head off towards the hotel she'd rented a room at. A good downpour didn't bother her so much, but it wasn't what she'd had in mind when she'd put on her swimsuit that day.
The Klee Kai glanced back towards the beach as she went, though. She'd hoped she would get more opportunity to talk with the others there... But this wouldn't be the last time they met, right? After all, she'd managed to run into Wolf again somehow.
With this thought in mind, Reena smiled to herself. Yes, surely they would meet again some day.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum