Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Target practice

4 posters

Go down

Target practice Empty Target practice

Post by Noxious Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:24 pm

The skunk walked in the forest, she did not really had a reason to be there at all, the merely thought that it would be fun to just get to destroy some stuff with little to no reason, it always helped her relieve stress. "Ahahaha!...i Can't wait to see how much damage i can cause" She said as she smirks evilly aiming her glove-like device at the trees firing a shot of energy at them destroying some wild life carelessly, the beam just burns past the trees "Alright...perfect!" She laughs and fires again now burning off some grass  and leaving marks on the floor "Heh, i just love doing that now lets go search for some moving targets" she giggles as she continued to walk around the forest looking for now animals to probably heartlessly slaughter for no reason other than her own amusement.

character info:

Last edited by Noxious on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Noxious
Noxious

Back to top Go down

Target practice Empty Re: Target practice

Post by Spekkal Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:00 pm

In the shadows, there was shuffling. A shuffling that faded into silence, the kind of uncomfortable silence that leaves you ready on your toes and a chill down the spine, the silence that leaves you ready and waiting and above all else, vulnerable. There was something there, yes certainly so, but it couldn't be pinpointed. It  was something lingering and waiting just out of sight, like the hunter to prey.

And this thing was the hunter, and the skunk was the prey.

Or at least, that's what the mysterious entity hidden within the twisted branches of the trees thought. It saw the skunk as meat, as a slab of flesh to simply consume for its ever-growing endless hunger. It saw the mobian as fair game within its territory, and the thing was irritated at the blatant disregard of the area through destruction.

Was this a challenge? Was it to guide it out? Was the skunk wishing for death?

"Does the meat not know of the monsters in the forest?" echoed a voice. Female, yes, surprisingly so. The woman within the trees let out a little laugh, before there was more shuffling and a singular brown blur that twisted and turned at the back of the mobian's vision, weaving through the trees deftly and elegantly, "Of the stuff of nightmares that dwell within the darkness?" There was a moment where the thing was in view within the shadows, where the only thing to be seen was a pair of icy blue eyes, before it was off once more to circle her. Analyzing her. Watching her for weak points.

"And you scorch the home where beasts dwell?" she asked rhetorically, there was something of amusement within that tone, as if she thought the destruction was funny, like a child trying to act big and tough. And like a child within the lion's den. "I've yet to taste skunk," the moving unknown woman thought out loud, "Perhaps the stench is a delicacy."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:46 pm

And then... a THING jumped from the shadows and in front of the skunk!
Except the thing wasn't a monster, or a mysterious woman, and it didn't have a feminine voice. Maybe because it was a little child. A blue-furred, about eleven years old boy who seemed to be a.. really fluffy armadillo. Kinda adorable actually, because children are usually adorable. Well unless they're also covered in dirt, they actually seem way too serious for a little kid AND they have a rather long and sharp knife in one of their hands, like this child over here!

And it.. didn't really know anything about the mysterious voice and scent coming from the woods and circling the skunk, but it did know that the voice didn't destroy the wildlife. The skunk girl smelled of city and burned things though.
Did the city guys really have no idea for fun other than going to his forest and trying to ruin it and kill everything they met in their way? They didn't even EAT it! What was the point?
And it was like the fifth one with some weird deadly weapon too!

"Go away," that's a simple enough command for a city folk, right? Boy raised the knife slightly. "Or I'll have to hurt you and leave you for these monsters." He totally sounded like he knew what he was signing up for.
No, in all seriousness, the little boy seemed to be completely sure that with one knife he could bring down a.. well, much older, bigger and probably experienced Mobian with some gloves that apparently could burn down a forest if that person wanted them to.
Let's just wish him good luck then!
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxious Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:13 pm

She kept looking around the forest wondering when she was going to find something, or someone to fight with, she  was feeling rather calm due to how quiet the place was, she kept walking and walking as her right glove kept showing a purple light, signaling her that it was fully charged and ready to blast at anything that would try to get on her way, this made her really confident about herself due to the fact that nobody was simply going to confront her in any way or form, she felt pretty much like she could do whatever she wanted in this forest, she even started to doubt that this forest ever had anybody to protect it, which made it great because of how easy it was for her to focus and shot as much stuff as she wanted to shot.

But suddenly she heard a voice that came out of nowhere, that startled her a little as she aimed her hand trying to see where the noise was coming from
"Uhmh?! Who said that?" She yelled up hoping to get whatever that was making the noise to show itself. 

She then perked as the little as she jumped back slightly startled by what jumped in front of her, it was a little blue armadillo. Due to the fact that she was prepared for something that didn't scared her as much as what would normally happen specially when she saw the how it was a children.

"Aww...poor Little thing" she says looking down at him "Don't worry kid...i Am just on some target training" she laughs and pats him "Now...I Don't want to hurt you, so i would very much like that you moved away from my line of fire..." She said pointing at the fact that my glove was aiming right at him.
Noxious
Noxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Whoosh.
Whoosh.
THUD.

And then the monster was revealed. Standing atop a tree branch was a brown deer, high and above the two below, watching with those icy blue eyes, as cold as the tundra and just as empty. Her fur was surprisingly smooth despite the constant movement, and her fingers were slightly elongated to coil around the branch above her for balance. Her antlers were twisted and barbed like a bramble bush, and her skin was pale and almost sickly. However, two shocking things were to be seen with this one. First, was that she was skinny. Abnormally skinny, the kind of stickness that caused the bones to be seen and the rubs to poke out through that short black dress she wore. Very little fat or muscle. The second was that the woman deer had stitches where her edges of her lips were, jagged lines that passed her cheeks and reached the bridge of her nose.

The skinny deer lady continued to observe from above, fingers twitching occasionally as she restrained herself to jump down there and start mauling. But damn, she was starving and needed something to eat. "Such a shame you made the foolish mistake of entering my territory," and a glance at the child that was threatening the skunk, "But two meals will satisfy me well."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:59 pm

The child bravely endured the pat on the head without jumping at the skunk straight away. Darnit, he wasn't five! AND he was tall for his age, why those people would never take him seriously! "I wouldn't want to hurt you either," a glance at the glove, "but you leave me no choice!" And with that he was pretty much ready to get to the jumping part already, but instead, a deer lady appeared. He turned around, eyeing the stranger carefully.
...HER territory?
..well actually it could be hers, yeah. How rude of him.

"...It doooes smell a lot like deers around here, but I am the Alpha of this forest," a point with the knife at the ground, "And I am allowed anywhere at anytime I want! Especially if someone's threatening my forest! AGAIN!" The child snarled. "I am not anyone's meal either! ..Deers don't eat people anyway, especially wolf pups." He didn't exactly look like a wolf pup, but whatever! Another snarl from the kid at the skunk, "And stop pointing that thing at me!", as he aimed a stab at the glove center with his knife. That's a.. start I suppose.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxious Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:14 pm

She looks up noticing the creature that was in the trees, as she doesn't moves her attention too much from the little armadillo. She kept herself focused on his hand due to the fact that he was the one closer to her with a weapon on hand. And that course of action was the right one.

His hand suddenly moves as she then laughs softly she was right he was attempting a stabbing motion, she noticed that on time, proving that a frontal attack wasn't effective at all on her as she merely moved two of her fingers up rising a panel of pure energy in front of herself, it seems to work just like a shield protecting my hand from the stab "Well then little alpha...if You would care to turn your attention to the girl that is about to swoop down and eat us both" She said as she made the field vanished and aimed up at the deer. "Look kid...we Can just settle this when we are safe...okay?" She sounded really serious as she then took a good aim "Hey you up there! If you are trying to feed yourself then better leave! Unless you think you can eat with a hole on your stomach!" she yelled up at the deer.
Noxious
Noxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:42 pm

"Who said I was just a deer?" she commented, the bony woman giving a toothy grin before releasing her grip from the branch, toes clenching on the branch she was on as the woman leaned back until she flipped around and hung upside down, hands outstretching to grip the branch just below. At that position, her body twisted and flipped itself around so she could face them again.

"Please, I don't eat my meals alive," the woman corrected the skunk, bending her knees and launching herself upwards, around, and finally landing on the floor, her toes sliding within the blades of grass that swayed side to side. Her eyes darted between the child and Nox, contemplating which one she preferred, "But I do like to play with my food first."

And then her lips twitched. And those stitches at the edges of her mouth began to tear and rip, as her mouth was extended far past what it should have been. There was no blood as it did so, thankfully. Yet what it revealed was nothing short of frightening. Teeth, pearly whites, as sharp as blades. There were many, several sets in fact, that just kept appearing and appearing the wider and wider the mouth grew. It was unnatural and impossible, and each time she spoke beyond this point most of her head moved with the movement of her gaping maw.

"Run."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:43 pm

"Well, obviously, you are not a regular one," The child raised a finger, "normal deers don't sit on tree-" And then the deer began to do... things. Really weird things at that. And he politely waited for it to finish with that really, REALLY weird mouth trick (admittedly it was rather scary even to him. ..But, could be worse!) before turning to the skunk girl. "...We?"
Oh he would probably stay with her and try fighting, but she was the bad guy here, and he certainly didn't want to help the bad guys.

A glance back at the not-so-deerish-now-deer.
He usually didn't flee from fights anyway - he wasn't a coward! But he wasn't stupid either, and while he could fight someone from the city with metal, he'd rather not try that on a really dangerous forest creature. Plus the many teeth of that deer kinda reminded him of one really nasty green giraffe creature, and he'd learned not to screw with green giraffes already.

And thus Alpha listened to the deer's command, put the knife handle in his mouth (like a real pirate, arrr!) and pounced at the nearest tree to then climb up, rather quickly too. He was experienced in that!
And if no-one stopped him, the armadillo would probably climb to the highest branch of said tree and observe the two from above.

(phone reply so not too long grehhh)
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxious Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:07 am

She opens her hand making the Panel of light vanish as she got herself ready "Sorry but i would rather if you would just kindly, just shut up and die!" she said smirking at the deer-like monster as she then fired one blast of energy towards her hoping to pierce her with it.

As she gets herself ready to fire again she looks up at the armadillo "So much for the brave little alpha i guess... Eh, it doesn't matters its not like anybody would ever help me anyways" She said  as she then turns her attention back to the monster trying to make sure that it was going to focus on her instead of the armadillo by firing another two shots, she wasn't exactly a hero but she wasn't so keen on just letting the little kid get eaten.

It was clear by the tone of her voice that she rarely ever got any help from anybody, almost as if she was used to that, and besides, its not like she should expect any help whatsoever anyways.

this leaded her up to decide that if the kid wanted to get away from the threat the very least she could do was to make sure that he could run off safely but why was  she doing that? maybe it was that she knew that the monster would go for her anyways, or maybe it was by the fact that she just did not exactly hated the child...but even if she didnt knew why she did it, she litteraly just attempted to help the armadillo escape by distracting the beast.
Noxious
Noxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:10 am

From her erratic and quick movements in the trees and shadows, it was safe to assume this deer was good at moving. When that blast of pure, scorching energy rocketed towards her, the deer leaped upwards with a quick bending of her knees and gripped the branch above her, fingers coiling around it as she lifted her legs high to avoid it, the blast scorching the few hairs of her little tail that were in the way.

Using that momentum of her legs, she swung herself backwards and twirled on the branch before launching herself from it with great speed. But it was not towards the technological skunk that she flung her body towards, oh no. Rather, towards the tree where Alpha scurried up to flee. She had a plan in mind, now it was a matter of acting it out. The only issue was, she had to keep a careful eye on the skunk - a surprise blow could seriously hurt.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:47 pm

And so Alpha sat on a branch, his legs swaying back and forth as he watched the skunk... fire more of these energy beams. They didn't hit the deer. So they could hit things behind it. The child jumped in nerves, biting his lip as he thought how much damage could those weird lights cause. And so he stood and looked down, ready to glare daggers at the skunk girl, but instead his eyes followed the deer.
..That was his tree.

Alpha hissed, or at least made a noise between hissing and gurgling with that knife still in his mouth before jumping onto the end of the branch and then bouncing off of it to the next tree, his claws clinging to its bark as he slided down a bit and glanced back, looking after the deer with narrowed eyes. Seeing how he ate quite a few deers in his life, he'd rather not get murdered by one.
He should probably make a plan too. Except he was eleven and eleven years old boys aren't good at planning things. ..Well in the worst case he would just chuck the knife at the monster and then fight the skunk with his bare claws! Or the other way around!
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxious Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:21 pm

"Well...the Distraction did not worked..." She said as she placed her hand on the floor as a plate of energy built down below her feet and floated up with her mounting it "I could easily run away but...then Again...this Little guy is probably going to die if i do..." She said now noticing that  the strange monster wanted to get to the armadillo first. 

As she said that the board floated up and she began to look around for a path up, she noticed a tree that was bent down just enough to work as a ramp up to the creature. "got you now...never Underestimate me..." She mutters with a smirk as the creature launched itself.

She moved her hand back and the plate of energy floated up and with an incredible speed she boosted towards the monster using the bent down tree as a path, she was trying to ram the deer monster down from the air .

She moved her legs a little back on the board and her hand up front making sure the edge of the plate would hit the deer creature when the time for impact came.

With the momentum she had gained by the board  she would intercept the monster just in time...Unless The monster did something about her or the trajectory of its own movement.
Noxious
Noxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:50 pm

You know what hurts?
Being slammed in the jaw by an energy disc at fast speeds.

She turned her head as her ears twitched with the whooshing sound, and the sound of the skunk's voice far off. The scuttling of the child snatched her attention away before this and she couldn't focus on two fleeing targets at once, funnily enough. So by the time she heard something coming her way, it was too late to flip on her reflexes and avoid it.

Which meant the energy disc hit her full-force at the side of her jaw as she whisked her head around, the searing power cutting through and lodging itself just below her mouth.

And that both hurt her horribly and sent the deer into a frenzy.

The many-toothed woman screeched, a high-pitched squeal similar to that of a dying animal before twisting into a roar of absolute fury. Yanking the disk (and assuming it of pure energy, it caused her fingers to be scorched from the touch) from her face, she lashed out to try and grab the skunk that was literally before her, trying to grab hold before she followed suit from the movement of the dislodged blade.

Fortunately for the catmadillo, the deer's attention was no longer on him.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:47 pm

The child jumped from branch to branch, his ears twitching while trying to pinpoint where the deer was behind him. ..But he couldn't hear her move. That was worrying.
And then he could hear her scream, which was terrifying.

Alpha stopped moving, coiled his tail around the branch he was on and hung on it upside down, grabbing the branch with his hands. He narrowed his eyes and looked around, soon spotting the deer and the skunk a few trees back. His eyes widened and he let go of the branch to land on the lower one and sit there with his back against the trunk.

Yeah, it was probably the best time for him to flee or at least hide, but when would be the next chance to observe a fight between a blood craving beast and a girl with gadgets like from a sci-fi book?
Yes. He would watch them just.. just for a few minutes longer and then go write everything down. A story like that couldn't go to waste!
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxious Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:38 pm

She was suddenly held down by the beast and as her hand lost contact with the board's surface it lost its stability and literary vanished away, She attempted to fight her way out of her grasp but it was more than obvious that she had little to no physical strength to simply break free form the deer, so she held on the monster's shoulders with both hands trying to push her off her body.

"Ack...y-you Get off me! Right now!" She said as she was trying to push her keeping both hands on the deer's shoulder as she pushed on her, obviously not having enough strength of her own to pull her away all by herself.

She was now thinking why she would go through so much trouble to save a little kid, that in fact most likely hated her anyways, some times she wondered why she acted like that, what was the reason that made her body just move on its own for the sake of helping that stranger. Maybe she wasnt as evil as she wanted to make herself look like after all.
Noxious
Noxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:38 pm

Well, with the skunk in her grasp, you would have assumed that at this point she would have taken a good bite. Where the blade was lodged moments before was seeping blood, though the liquid was black as night and seemed to hiss faintly as it exited the gaping hole where her jaw was. As it dripped against the ground, the grass seemed to partially shrivel and curl at the touch of this oozing black blood.

The deer, meanwhile, was more than happy to give the skunk a revelation of how bad of an idea it was to mess with her and do such damage. 

Bones clicked and snapped as she seemed to increase in height by a few inches, from her legs extending and thus lifted the poor woman in her grasp off the floor. What fur on her body seemed to shrink backwards to cling to the bone itself rather than the skin before it. Arms increased in length as her shoulders shuddered with the twitching movements of this slight transformation, the skunk no longer being able to reach the deer's shoulders to push away from, and no doubt she could feel the fingers that held her waist curl around further far longer than any finger should, like a snake ensnaring its victim. She was only roughly two heads taller. But the extended, bony limbs and digits made her seem larger than what she was.

Her antlers became more twisted and curled, the occasional spike growing from the turning movements like a thorned branch. Her teeth extended just that little bit more, the tears of the skin from the movements of the jagged remains of the lips audible. And her eyes? The icy blue irises remained, though slit like that of a snake. And the sclera? The white of the standard eye around the iris? Black.

Needless to say, this deer was no ordinary deer. Or an ordinary mobian.
Now it depended on how much the skunk knew about demons.

Releasing one hand from the grip of the skunk, as one had was now only needed to hold the poor girl, the monstrous deer, in the blink of an eye, flicked her whip-like arm and flung the poor girl towards the bark of a tree.
"I'm not done playing with my food just yet."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Swing swing went his legs back and forth as the catmadillo happily observed the show from his tree. He twirled the knife in his hands casually as he watched the deer and the skunk fall to the ground. A carnivore deer, he hadn't seen that before! Oh, the skunk had no chance. Or maybe she did, maybe she'd get up and cut the deer into pieces with this weird magical glove she had? Ohh, so many possible scenarios!

Alpha stood up as the girl was still struggling to free herself from the deer's grasp, and began to silently make his way down the tree to get a better view WITHOUT being seen by the deer of course, that'd mess up his plans kinda a lot.

Though something wasn't right! Every story he read or heard had a hero fighting the evil, and here he could clearly see two evils fighting! The Boy sat down again, this time above the deer and the girl. ..Well not the girl anymore since she was flying through the air at that moment, but, still!

Yeah! Yeah, just think about THAT! The Alpha, the knight and soon to be the prince of the forest slays the beast, shows mercy to a villainous tree burning skunk who then has a change of heart, and the forest is saved once again, and everyone loves him! That was the PERFECT plan! And he'd killed so many deers and other forest creatures in his short life, one more wouldn't be a problem at all, pff.

And with that thought, the sliiightly over-confident Boy who honestly had no idea about demons (he had no books about these, aw) jumped from the branch, aiming rrrright for the demon's head thinking of clinging to its shoulders with his toe claws. From there he could ride the beast by its horns, yes!
...First he had to land without killing himself or getting killed though!
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxious Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:42 pm

She was being easily overpowered by the giant deer creature as it began to grow even more and more as the deer was too strong for her to struggle against as she no longer had reach for her shoulders, she attempted to move but it was no use, as the grip grew stronger, the creature creature began to hold on her with one hand only to throw her towards a tree. She was unable to react on time as she hits the tree with her back coughing some blood due the sheer force of the impact on her, it looked incredibly painful, and if the damage she took wasn't bad enough on its own the energy core on her back got slightly damaged on impact as she fell down on the floor in pain.

She recovered back up slowly as she then kneels down in pain breathing slowly she looked up at the creature only to see the that the catmadillo just jumped towards creature.

She moved her hand up slowly taking aim at the beast as the glove began to shot small sparks of energy and glow instead of unleashing the energy right away, the core she carried like a backpack was  damaged, lowering the energy flow of the glove, she now needed to charge up the shots instead of just firing them. 

"T-this isn't...O-over...yet..." She said at the creature hoping to make sure that it kept its eyes on her.

Her plan was to distract the creature for at least enough time for the catmadillo to land, and hoping that the little guy could be enough of a distraction to her to finish chargining up then firing to the monster's legs to disable it from walking when it was distracted by the catmadillo's attack.
Noxious
Noxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:11 pm

-Another being would now enter the combat zone one who thought was gone. His return was only barely known he would emerge on the out skirts too witness the battle unfolding watching destruction happen all over. This destruction return some vivid dark memories but he was tied between helping and staying out of it. The masked man stood he could pick out a few familiar faces and knew they were not the cause however the sight of the new being caught his attention he believed this one was responsible he began too think back and forth either too take part and help drive her off or not- 

" Another being bent on utter destruction takes me back a while and all for what once you destroyed it what will be next Seems like this is gonna get out of control very very soon hope those who are there got it or I am gonna have too get struck in."
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down