Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaiser's Bio

3 posters

Go down

Kaiser's Bio Empty Kaiser's Bio

Post by ErraticKaiser Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:35 am

Kaiser's Bio J8qTUB7g6aXIQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Name:
-Kaiser

Nicknames:
-The Street Dog, The Lunatic

Species:
-Hedgehog

Date Of Birth:
01/15/1996

Birth Place:
-Unknown

Social Status:

Friends:
-N/A

Rivals:
-N/A

Enemies:
-N/A

Marital Status:
-Single

Crush:
-No one

Lover:
-N/a

Parents:
-Mother:Deceased
-Father:Deceased

Abilities/Skills:
Speed, Strength, Endurance

Fighting Style:
Brawler

Weapons:
-Switchblade Sword

Other:
-Has high endurance level, is able to withstand an insanely large amount of punishment, is also a very dangerous brawler. Even though he is a very skilled brawler, he doesn't really rely on skill, but rather how much pain and punishment he can inflict.

Strengths:
-Enhanced speed, strength, endurance, has the ability to use his environment to his advantage in combat, surprising ability in his use of foreign objects. He also has a very different style of fighting, a more chaotic and erratic style of fighting, which makes him very unpredictable.

Weaknesses:
-He isn't one to think before he acts. He is often referred to as a loose cannon or a lunatic. Kaiser is also not good at keeping friends because of his psychotic nature. He is also keen to tiring out after a longtime of fighting

Personalities:
-Kaiser is a dangerous man. His unpredictable and chaotic nature is a huge factor in his fighting style. He is also very maniacal in a sense that he doesn't really care about winning, only that he cares about how much pain he can take and dish out. He is also known to be somewhat brash and egotistical.
With Strangers:
-He doesn't really pay attention to them.

With Friends:
-He is somewhat friendly to his peers.

With Rivals:
-He is willing to go to extreme lengths to outmatch them

With Enemies:
-He will stop at nothing to inflict as much pain and punishment as he can.

Theme Songs:

ErraticKaiser
ErraticKaiser
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Location : There are things that other people should not know, and that is one of them...

Back to top Go down

Kaiser's Bio Empty Re: Kaiser's Bio

Post by Knuxtiger4 Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:31 pm

-cracks hands-  Its been a while since I've critiqued bios and characters.

First off, Kaiser got too much black in his design.  Yes black is a great color to add to any design, there is such thing as too much black.  I would look into adding a bit more color to his design, even if its just a tiny, tiny bit just to offset the black.  Hell even using different shades of black can help.  You want to remember that design and colors, its all about balance.

Parents:
-Mother:Deceased
-Father:Deceased

As been mention in other critiques I've seen floating around here, this is a major cliche when it comes to making backstories.  Why are his parents dead?  From disease?  Or died in a battle?  An accident?  Or even something else?  Would explain this more and try to avoid common ways to explain why the parents died.

Other:
-Has high endurance level, is able to withstand an insanely large amount of punishment, is also a very dangerous brawler. Even though he is a very skilled brawler, he doesn't really rely on skill, but rather how much pain and punishment he can inflict.

See when I read "withstand an insanely large amount of punishment" this raises a flag that this character might be overpowered.  Yes, people can endure a lot of punishment in a fight but even people can crumble when the pain is too much... or even when bones start to break.  Simple put, instead you can say he has a lot of endurance instead of saying be can take a lot of punishment.  As of the skilled brawler part, again, the way you write this comes off as an overpowered character.  You say he's skilled but then that he doesn't rely on skill???  Right there that sentence alone destroy what you said previously about him being skilled.  I'd honestly sit down and think this section over again.  Think about how much a human body can take and apply that to your character. 

Strengths:
-Enhanced speed, strength, endurance, has the ability to use his environment to his advantage in combat, surprising ability in his use of foreign objects. He also has a very different style of fighting, a more chaotic and erratic style of fighting, which makes him very unpredictable.

Fighting style, when I hear that word I think a strategical and controlled fight, not chaotic and erratic as you describe it.  Fighting, even a simple fight has some sort of basic style to it.  If you just go swinging around like the way you describe it, your not going to win a lot of fights, that's for sure.  Research fighting styles, find one that you feel is suited for Kaiser.

Weaknesses:
-He isn't one to think before he acts. He is often referred to as a loose cannon or a lunatic. Kaiser is also not good at keeping friends because of his psychotic nature. He is also keen to tiring out after a longtime of fighting

"Loose Cannon", "Lunatic", "Psychotic nature".  Look at those words.  These are not weaknesses.  These are more suited in the personality section and even then, characters using those words to describe them can very, very difficult to write.  Too many times I've seen people use those same words in order to "up" how crazy strong their character is.  If you are going to go that route, think carefully on how you word it.

Meantime, that leaves you with two weaknesses against your strengths which you have more of.  Personally myself I believe in balancing strengths and weaknesses.  In this case, I'd ether remove some strengths or add more weaknesses to even out the table for Kaiser.

Personalities:
-Kaiser is a dangerous man. His unpredictable and chaotic nature is a huge factor in his fighting style. He is also very maniacal in a sense that he doesn't really care about winning, only that he cares about how much pain he can take and dish out. He is also known to be somewhat brash and egotistical.

Ughhhh, this personality is almost cringeworthy here.  Way too much "we got a badass over here" going on there.  Tone down in personality several pegs.  I really can't believe a character can only just care about how much pain he can take and dish, it just sounds very inhuman and would remove that.  Brash and egotistical though, those are good examples right there on his personality.  I think if you just expand on those two words alone and avoid the "dangerous and "chaotic" parts, you can give him a personality that is "badass" but not too overworded or bearing.

All this is food for thought, you don't need to listen to me but pointing out issues you might want to brush up on with your character.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Yeah. Knux has a point.. er, a LOT of points. But don't feel ashamed, cause everyone has stuff to work on, and nobody can make the perfect bio without screwing up once.

Just take a look at my bio for Echo, and look at how many changes in bold I had to make and parts of the rough draft Knux helped me on. To be honest, for a split second I thought to myself "Oh god what have I done.", but everybody has the OGWHID moment.

Keep workin on the bio, EK. Yeah, that's your new nickname now.

..Hah, EK. I like that.
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum