Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.)

3 posters

Go down

Which Demon from the Depths will the 6 of us be Fighting?!

Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.) GDMEGbg50%Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.) 0lNb1KJ 50% 
[ 2 ]
Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.) GDMEGbg0%Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.) 0lNb1KJ 0% 
[ 0 ]
Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.) GDMEGbg50%Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.) 0lNb1KJ 50% 
[ 2 ]
Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.) GDMEGbg0%Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.) 0lNb1KJ 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.) Empty Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.)

Post by Grimjaws Tue May 27, 2014 4:44 pm

It was simple enough.
To quoth the Raven; "Even fools stare carefully into death."

"You can't be serious."
The traffic was piled up for at least 50 Metres. Motorbikes revved; cars honked; even bicycled rung as the pile up was definitely out of hand. He didn't have time for this. With the swing of a foot; the kickstand was shoved out of place; and the moped buzzed onto the sidewalk. Slurs and shrieks resounded as the two wheeled terror raided the concrete walks; the wolf upon it grinning in reckless abandon.
"Alright folks; clear the sidewalk! Man on a mission; coming through!" he jeered. He had an upstart voice; clearly either High; or as he said before, in the need to be somewhere. Boy; he could hear his sister already.
"A reckless driving ticket?! Are you serious Grim?! Do you know how many people you put in danger!? Sometimes you gotta' just wait!"
He could honestly hear her. And that just made his spine tingle. There was something about getting into trouble that he just loved!

"Can't wait; pizza's got a date!" He chuckled as he swerved amongst the traffic; his long brown hair braided behind his head; swaying between the cars and almost ripping his head off his shoulders at least 3 times. Luckily; he was overly used to the hustle and bustle of New york; and getting through the 4PM traffic rush was really no problem.

With the vigor of a thousand voracious vikings; he found himself pulling up outside the porch of a small 2 story house. Well; small wasn't really a good word for a home with an upstairs. With a flicker of movement he'd put the kickstand down; and hopped off the bike; taking off his black leather gloves before picking up his delivery bag and reciept book. Time for another delivery. He was about 5 foot 1, with long; flowing brown lockes down to his hips; and a stature that made him seem further than mobian; but nothing overtly noticable unless you studied his body for a while. He seemed... more human in design than the average mobian; but, as before stated, not enough to be noticed. Each ear had a black hoop of an earring in it; inscribed with roman numerals; each labbeled in a ridiculous string of addition and subrtraction.

Before long; with cash in hand and lipstick upon cheek; the stocky male was back at his bike; when an all too familiar rumble echoed through the city streets.
Damnit. Did it have to happen tonight? Of course it did. Things were going too well.

The nearest fire hydrant simply shot straight up; black water rocketing it skyward. Hisses and shouts roaring all around the city of new york as the power grid flickered on and off. All the wolf could do was freak out. Damn. Damn! Who was it now?!

You do well to run and hide; Boy!

"Back off floozy!" The wolf snarled. He donned his helmet and jumped onto the bike; revving it up and shooting down the road. All along behind him; the tarmac opened up; and black ooze shuddered out; forming long; reaching hands that groped at the ground just behind his rear tire.
"Freakin' Uglies!"

Best watch out; for all you know; you could end up around the corner in a CASKET~!

Screams could be heard all over New York. Breaking news channels shuddered across the city as the black gook filled the streets; hunting for the one it thirsted for.
Hunting for...

Wolfshade.

( Ladies and gentleman it is my honour to present to you the first chapter in the roleplay saga I will be creating! Not only will you get to enjoy the horror and mystery of the Human Universe; but meet some of the most unique character's you might ever meet! I might sound full of myself; But I've been told so by quite a few people that my 4 seem to have a bit of a stand out! I have 5 slots open for people to join in on the fun! PM Me a request to join if you'd like to learn more! Vote in the poll to help choose this battle's demon!

Hear from you soon! )
Grimjaws
Grimjaws

Back to top Go down

Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.) Empty Re: Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.)

Post by amberdragonling Thu May 29, 2014 1:06 am

Fool Me Once. (Open; Need 5.) Sugarrecolor_zpsa088f9f6

In a cafe not too far from the rising incident sat an orange cat. She was clad in gear that would have one think of an adventurer, or someone who knew her ways around forbidden tombs. They would be correct. 

With black unsweetened tea, she turned her attention to a tv nearby that had flickered onto local news. About time that stuff showed up, she had been following accounts of similar incidents for a while now and she was pleased to see she was right about it's location. She downed the rest of her drink and stood, adjusting her belt. 

Sugar made her way out to the streets, and didn't have a problem following the sound of the screams. However, being the size of a regular mobian made getting through the crowds of people running away a bit difficult. She managed though. 

The cat made her way up to a nearby building to spot the cause of all of this, a mobian wolf. She frowned, and hopped across building tops to try and keep up with the cause. Sugar quickly deduced that he was indeed not the cause, but it seemed to be after him. 

The amount of information she had on this stuff was limited, so there was little she could do except watch. It would be a good research outing if nothing else. 

amberdragonling
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimjaws Thu May 29, 2014 1:37 am

Finally; one of the desperate lurching hands grippee the rear tire. Grimjaws tucked his legs in as inertia forced him forwards; smaahing into the tarmac. He snarled and whinced in pain; but got up anyway; taking his helmet off. Behind him; an empty street; cars and fires in the distance. In front of him?

Little Half Breed, you know what we want. Just let us take it; and no more harm will come to your pathetic; unworthy world!

Grimjaws didn't look waivered. He stood tall and proud; his long hair unbraiding and flowing behind him. The black ooze stopped about 30 feet away; and began to quiver; slowly rising up into a slender hourglass shape; and then it became solid; and shattered; revealing a tall; pure black being wrapped in a grey and black cloak; red eyes staring down at the wolf.
Grimjaws chuckled.
"You know; for some kind of scum from hell; I'd have hoped you'd dress better. Well! Can't be perfect; can we?" he chortled.

Mock me while you can; Dog. Soon enough you will be part of the lecherous wheel of darkness. Now. Tell me. WHERE IS IT?

He shrugged and whistled boredly.
That seemed to tick off the black figure. A sudden gush of air wqs all that notified Grimmy of the black tendril that whipprd towards him. With focus; he sidestepped; and gripped the tendril.
"Woah big guy; tentacles? At least buy me dinner first."
Grimjaws
Grimjaws

Back to top Go down

Post by amberdragonling Thu May 29, 2014 1:50 am

So these two were familiar with each other. Well wasn't that nice? The cat pulled out a small notebook that was filled with sketches and notes about this strange creature, or ones similar to it. 

She started taking notes as the wolf and black creature started bantering back and forth. Her eyes darted between the two as she tried to get as much information that she could just by observing. Her ears twitching when a tendril shot towards the mobian, though he was already ahead of the game and had grabbed it.

Gross, but an interesting way of attacking. After getting a good amount of information down, she closed the notebook and silent started to creep her way down off of the building, to get a closer look at the action. Her movements made no sound, so she wasn't concerned about being spotted. Besides, Mr. Hentai was too busy with the wolf to probably give her any mind.

amberdragonling
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimjaws Thu May 29, 2014 2:00 am

Grimjaws tugged at the inky black tendril. No reaction. 

Well; I hope this isn't over too quickly.

The tendril poofed into a black smoke; and dissasipated into the air. The tall black figure roared loudly; an ear shattering volume as it grew; more of the gunk swirling up as the beast expanded and grew to triple it's original size. It had a twisted smile; similar to the Cheshire cat as it stepped forward; it's huge foot threatening to crush Grim.
He was quick enough to dodge its first step; the pavement shuddering and cracking beneath his feet. He twisted his torso to look behind him; the giant beast's other foot already careening down.
There was no way to run this time.
Grimjaws thrust his hands forward; then exhaled. In a white puff of smoke two giant gloved hands appeared; incredibly similar to Grim's own. They were about half as big as the monster's feet. With a roar of effort he caught the beasts foot; and struggled beneath its crushing strength; sweating in effort.
Grimjaws
Grimjaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazingshadows Thu May 29, 2014 2:07 am

"The fu-" As the black sludge filled the streets, a black hedgehog was standing on the sidewalk, looking down at the dark slime, obviously annoyed.  It almost looked like she had just escaped from a prison.  She was wearing a navy blue hoodie with the hood up, and ripped blue jeans.  Her ebony hair flowed over her left eye and ended around her mid-back.  

She looked around at the mess bewilderedly before pushing through the crowd and climbing a tree, so she would have some time to figure this out.  What had been happening before this?

Ah yes.  She had been standing on the sidewalk, watching a wolf swerve through the traffic, and stop at a house.  She followed him there.  No, she was not stalking, just simply..... curious.  She watched him go in to deliver a pizza, and come back out again.  Everything was normal, until a rumble sounded in the town, and the dark, thick water had burst out of a fire hydrant.  It was..... Chaos.  Within minutes, the wolf had disappeared on his bike, leaving her there to escape herself.

Yeah.  That's what had happened.  It didn't add up.  He delivers a pizza, then black sludge bursts out of a fire hydrant?  There was no sense in that statement.  Something must have triggered it, made this normal day go horribly wrong....  But what?  Whatever.  It didn't matter; he could have exploded for all she cared.  All that she needed to do was stay alive.  This stuff didn't seem lethal.  She had been standing in it just a minute ago, and she was fine.  She remained in the tree.  

Just stay alive.

But she couldn't get her mind off of the wolf....

"Huh?"  Suddenly, the black ooze stopped, turning into a female, demanding something from the wolf.  Spirit jumped out of the tree and slowly walked towards the pair, listening to the conversation.  She smirked at the snide remarks of the wolf, but she knew it couldn't last long.  Soon this 'girl' would try to kill him.  She knew how evil people worked; she was one herself anyway.  At this point, anyone would know she was obviously watching.

And she was right.  They were in a full fledged fight now.  She watched the the fight with a smile on her face.
Blazingshadows
Blazingshadows
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by amberdragonling Thu May 29, 2014 2:15 am

Sugar nearly fell as the first foot came careening down and crushed the pavement, sending a small shockwave around the area. She quickly moved out of the foot's immediate area, to see the wolf from before using some sort of magic or such to hold the foot above him; it wanting to crush him.

Her ears swiveled a bit before she frowned. Out of her handy-dandy adventure belt she pulled a sort of hook-shot, and aimed it at the wolf. She didn't have any supernatural abilities as it seemed this mobian did, but she was very resourceful when it came to tools.

After all, an adventurer is never without her adventure belt. Steadying her hand, she shot the claw at the wolf. Hopefully she hit the target, and was able to yank the wolf out from under the monstrous foot and to safer ground where she stood.

amberdragonling
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimjaws Thu May 29, 2014 2:25 am

Grimjaws snarled; huffing and puffing. Shit; he hadn't had tike to actually focus for the Mida... 
But that seemed suddenly irrelevant as he was grappled to safety; the hands having to stay close to the wielder, yanked sideways on the foot; causing the massive female monster to roar and careen sideways.

Grimjaws landed with a solid thud; but just as quickly as he fell; he stood up and dusted himself down; the two giant hands giving a double thumbs up. Then; Grimjaws turned to his ally.

"Don't touch it. Whatever you do." he told her; before wincing and doubling over; his back seeming to crackle and hiss as his jacket tore apart; and a pair of 13 metre wingspan crow wings shot out from his spine in a burst of feathers; the giant hands shifting and turning into talons like a crows; black and menacing.
"And do smile. They hate that." he said with a chuckle. The wings gave a single flap and he was off; up in the air; careening up to the beast. She reacted quickly; swatting at her foe. Grimjaws latched onto her hand and stood up; sprinting up her arm and curling one of his talons for a punch; but a tendril sho. Out and hit his leg; forcing him to tuck and roll; dodging out of the way; but also falling off the beasts' arm; snarling in frustration as he splayed his wings. Of course it wouldn't be that easy.
Grimjaws
Grimjaws

Back to top Go down

Post by amberdragonling Thu May 29, 2014 2:36 am

She rolled her eyes as he got up and spoke. "Because, you know, I was totally going to touch the black monster of doom." She replied sarcastically before jumping back when a black wing almost hit her in the face. Those things were enormous!

Before Sugar knew it he was off, not even a thank you. Ugh, how rude. 
Her hands rested on her hips as she watched him for a brief moment before realizing she was not standing in a safe spot so she quickly gathered her shot and trotted off to the side. 

After rolling it up she watched the battle, her notebook out again as she started to scribble down more information about the black creature. It was apparently female, and it didn't seem to have much in terms of significant attacks. 

It didn't take long for the cat to spot someone else in the area who was watching. Though she didn't seem interested in notes, Sugar frowned a bit but ignored her for the moment as she got distracted by the wolf character getting flicked off of the monster by another one of those tendrils.

amberdragonling
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazingshadows Thu May 29, 2014 3:07 am

She saw the wolf, or crow thing, fall off of the beasts' arms and into the air, spreading his wings to catch himself.  With one look at how close he would come to the ground before actually getting a chance to fly, she knew he would hit the ground before he could even try to fly.  So what should she do?  Help him, or watch him hit the ground?  She snickered.  

The second choice sounded more appealing, but she was in a good mood today.  She casually walked under his shadow, and held out her arms, preparing to catch him. You should be glad I feel good today.  

It was odd, but she was unfazed by the giant attacker.  Sure, it was a big, black thing of doom, but she'd seen worse in her lifetime.  Or death time, you could say.
Blazingshadows
Blazingshadows
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimjaws Thu May 29, 2014 3:15 am

Grimjaws flapped painfully; over and over rapidly till he slowed down and half laid down in someone's arms.

"Sheesh; is everyone woman and their dog out to help me today?" He said; blushing as he saw another woman had helped him. He was starting to feel emasculated. He shifted; and flopped out of her hands; before smiling a little and running forward. Let's try not to get saved again. Let's try saving this time.

With a guttural screech; the massive beast swung her arm; and slammed her fist into the ground. Ooze ran down from her arm; and began to form small liquid formed creatures with glowing red eyes. They were little more than human sized hills with eyes; yet there was a lot of them. Suddenly; they all smiled the same cheshire grin.
I'm a little creeped out now.
He ran forward; roaring and swinging his massive crow fists; the beastial gauntlets swishing through the crowd of darkness; splattering a large number down and out as he ran forward; sprinting towards the massive woman. She let out a sinister chuckle; and stepped forward again.
Bloody feet.
"You need a freakin' Pedicure ugly!" he scoffed; and opened his pair of massive claws; the tipped nails shimmering in the moonlight as the beast's foot descended; unaware of it's imminent fate.
His claws sank in; cutting into the fleshy darkness. The woman screamed loudly; windows down the street shattering under the pressure. The black figures that remained came after the other people in the vicinity; as well as Grim's pair of unlikely female comrades.
Grimjaws
Grimjaws

Back to top Go down

Post by amberdragonling Thu May 29, 2014 3:44 am

Turns out Sugar's original gut feeling about the female was wrong. She was good as well it seemed. The cat dimly noted that she had very pretty hair before watching as the wolf took off again and attacked the monster once more.

However while he was successful, there were now smaller ones running around. Aaaand one was going after her. Goood.

Sugar grabbed her shot again and quickly careened herself up to a building away from them and watched below to see if anyone would need any help, as she was safe for the time being up high.

amberdragonling
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazingshadows Thu May 29, 2014 12:17 pm

She scoffed, annoyed at his uncomfortable face.  Don't appreciate my help, huh?  Whatever.  Next time I won't do anything.  But she still watched, until the black things came toward her.  "Crap!"  She unzipped her hoodie slightly and pulled out two handguns.  Zipping her jacket back up, she shot the first dark figure right in the face.  She looked back up to see more of them racing toward her.  "Really?"  

As she held each handgun in each hand, she shot the other black things and they slowly stopped coming towards her, realizing they would be killed if they went towards her.  If they even had brains.  She put the guns back in her hoodie.

She turned around and climbed up a tree, just to be safe.  I'm doing this a lot today.
Blazingshadows
Blazingshadows
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimjaws Fri May 30, 2014 9:49 am

Grimjaws panted. Fudgepops. He couldn't really tell what monster this was. Usually they were a lot more giving of inforkation. Maybe he'd just have to beat it out!

"Hyaahhhh!" he roared; and unleashed a barrage of hooking punches on the massive monster. She ducked and swerved; loosing her own series of attacks as he did; the pair exchaning relentless amounts of bloes at a breakneck pace. Grimjaws panted in frustration as he did so; but he did seem to be doing quite a bit of damage. Every time he made contact; part of the monster's face would sizzle off in a smokey burst. It ddin't seem to like this; but the Wolf's assault was much too strong.

Meanwhile; down on the ground; the little black blops had been taken aback by the ferocity of the assualt they'd recieved from the two other creatures. They pause. To rethink; before shifting and assaulting the base of one creatures tree; trying to knock it down; a single small blop shouting desperately at the female perched on the building; unable to comprehend height.
Grimjaws
Grimjaws

Back to top Go down

Post by amberdragonling Fri May 30, 2014 7:31 pm

Frankly the cat lost almost all interest in the winged wolf, more interested in her own safety. Which as she looked down again, she seemed to be in the clear for now.

Those things actually looked sort of cute from afar. She couldn't help but snicker a little at the single blob that was shouting at her, obviously lost at what to do. She noticed that most of the black matter was attacking the base of the tree that the other female was in.

She pulled out her shot and aimed it at the mobian in the tree, then let her hook fly. Hopefully it was able to snag the black feline and bring her up to safety where she was. 

amberdragonling
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazingshadows Fri May 30, 2014 8:58 pm

The hedgehog looked down at the blobs berating her tree, an irritated look on her face.  "Oh come ON.  I thought I killed you guys!"  She looked helplessly to the girl on the building, to see- a hook flying straight at her!  "What-". It snagged on her hoodie and pulled her onto the roof.  She landed hard and fell onto her bottom.  

"Ergh.... Thanks?"  She looked down at the blob things, now frantically running around, looking up at the building then running around again, trying to find some purpose.  She turned to the girl.  "So, what are you doing here?"
Blazingshadows
Blazingshadows
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by amberdragonling Sat May 31, 2014 3:54 am

"Finally, someone who has the decency to say thank you. You're welcome." She replied, then looked down at the monsters. Sugar pulled out her book and immediately started to write down that the ones not connected to their main body were dumb and rocks.

The cat looked up when the other asked why she was here. "Oh! Similar cases of these sort of monsters have been popping up around the world, I'm researching them." 

She put the notepad away and held out her had, "I'm Sugar, its a pleasure to meet your acquaintance."

amberdragonling
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimjaws Sat May 31, 2014 4:01 am

Grimjaws had just about had enough of the monsters shenanigans. He hooked his fist forwards; splaying his hands and careening back with the shockwave of kinetic energy his hands released. The force literally shredded apart his foe; who blubbered and wailed as it slunk down; down to the ground; and escaped into open manholes; busted hydrants and simple alleyways.

He floated down to the ground,and simply collapsed.
Grimjaws
Grimjaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazingshadows Sat May 31, 2014 2:49 pm

She nodded and shook her hand.  "I'm Spirit."  She looked down at the blobs.  "These things are showing up everywhere, huh?"  A wail was heard from the fight below and she whipped her head around.  She watched as the giant monster slowly melted into the manholes and such.  The other man floated down and collapsed.  Spirit tilted her head.  "I guess we should go and help him, huh?  She jumped off the building, and landed square on her feet without showing any signs of hurt.  

She walked over to the collapsed man.  "Come on, get up."  She pushed him with her foot.
Blazingshadows
Blazingshadows
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimjaws Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:00 pm

Grimjaws groaned and shuddered, his wings bursting into simple feathers as he shook his head. "F-five more minutes..." he said with a wheeze. In the distance, sirens could be heard blaring aloud. Police and other such earthly defenses.
Grimjaws
Grimjaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum