Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boredom of the MidknightBeast

3 posters

Go down

The Boredom of the MidknightBeast Empty The Boredom of the MidknightBeast

Post by Midknight Fri May 02, 2014 10:45 pm

So I'm on exam leave right now, but I have no exams to study for on my time off, which means I have literally a month until I go back to school..Meaning I have LOTS of time. I decided to use the time I have to hone my drawing skills and learn about other materials other than pencil..But, I've made this post to ask if people could recommend shows -preferable an anime- that I could possibly watch? Nothing too long like Fairy Tail, Naruto, One Piece etc. Something of a reasonable length~
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

The Boredom of the MidknightBeast Empty Re: The Boredom of the MidknightBeast

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri May 02, 2014 11:12 pm

Peulla Magi Madoka Magica
It's only 13 episodes long and I would really recommend it because of the twists and everything, don't let the opening fool you

Kill la Kill
26 episodes
Will warn about the large amount of 'fanservice' but it has a reason and is linked to plot
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Fri May 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Don't watch a whole lot of anime since I've severely picky on them, prefer ones that aren't super long and pointless.  But I have some to recommend.

Durarara!
Its 25 episodes and was one I got into a while back.  Kept me on edge with each episode and really interesting to learn about each character as the episodes go.

FLCL
Believe only 6 episodes long if I recall.  Always a favorite and it just... really silly and random.

Space Dandy
This one just came out a few months back but has definitely caught my attention.  Each episode has a very good mix of silly stuff going on and even some episodes are little more serious toned.  Only 13 episodes so far so definitely recommended it.

.hack//Sign
An old old from my childhood.  Its about 26 episodes long and unlike the others, its a bit harder to get into, story gets a little complicated as you go but was a favorite.  Also the music from the show was really good.

Soul Eater
This one is a little longer than the others, 51 episodes but found to be a really good series.  Definitely a nice mix of silly and serious episodes and the characters are just interesting say the least.

Zoids
God this one is also an old one but loved this series, would get up early in the morning to watch this one and actually used to have many of the models of these guys!  Chaotic Century is 67 episodes long and while its a lot, it worth it, you get attached to the characters and the plot doesn't go all over the map like other longer animes.

If you manage to finish that one or want to skip that one, New Century would be my next recommendation, that one is 26 episodes long and very different from Chaotic Century.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Sat May 03, 2014 12:47 pm

Oh wow, thanks guys :3 I've seen some of Kill La Kill Uncanny and I quite enjoyed, I'll have to watch the rest sometime :3 And thanks Knux, that's A looooot xD
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down