Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous)

 :: Everything else :: Archives :: ???

Go down

Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous) Empty Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous)

Post by Quiet Light on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Hey all,

Hopefully you're familiar with the concept of Choose Your Own Adventure stories.  If you aren't, you're missing out on a lot.

If you don't know or need a refresher, it goes like this: You read a story passage and when you get to the end you have multiple choices.  You pick one of them, which directs you to another page with another passage.  Hopefully there's eventually a good ending.  If not...well, you can try again from your last branch.

I'm going to do something similar, with a few minor changes for the format and the thread's goals.  It works this way:

1. Choose an option from the last passage!
2. Write about it and tell the next part of the story!
3. Give the next person options so they can continue the story!

Here are the ground-rules.

1. Write in legible English so that it's easily understandable.  If the writing is full of texting-type abbreviations or has a lot of typos I hereby give the next author permission to skip your passage.
2. Keep it in the Sonic Universe.  At the beginning, assume that the main character is a human who lives in Sonic's world.
3. Please don't contradict previous story passages without a thought-out reason that previous details change.  I currently reserve the right to end the story and start a new one.
4. Please keep passage length between three sentences and three paragraphs.
5. The options have to follow from the passage.  If they don't, the passage may be skipped by the next writer.
6. On the topic of the options, please give from two to five of them (one option may be given an additional four sub-options).
7. Have fun!  You legally must.  It's in the rules.

-----------------

You find yourself in a room. This room is blank white, maybe even that hospital-sterile shade of blank white. No objects are to be found in the room. A burbling sound of water, as of a waterfall, can be heard nearby, but it is not visible. You're not quite sure how you got here or where you're going, but you have some sense of unfulfilled purpose.

What Do You Do (WDYD)?

A. Charge at a wall with your weapons.
B. Scream.
C. Inspect the floor and ceiling.
D. Inspect the walls.
Quiet Light
Quiet Light
Expert Member
Expert Member

Posts : 410
Join date : 2013-08-26
Age : 22
Location : Station Square.

Back to top Go down

Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous) Empty Re: Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous)

Post by KK-Afterbrun on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:46 am

Choosing D.

As you inspect the walls, you feel a breeze on one side. A closer look revels a small line in the wall. The sound is coming from this spot.

What Do You Do?

A. Push the wall.
B. Break the wall.
C. Call for help.
D. See if there is any other gaps in the room.

_________________
Life is Moot.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Posts : 984
Join date : 2013-11-17
Age : 32
Location : St Lazare, Quebec

http://kk-afterbrun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous) Empty Re: Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous)

Post by Blazingshadows on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:33 pm

Choosing C. Also I'm reviving this topic.

You peek through the small line and shout "Is anyone there? Hello?" You hear a growl and a claw swipes at the small line from the other side, just barely missing your eye. You decide not to go that way.

What do you do?

A. Check the other walls.
B. Try to dig through the floor.
C. Study the patterns in the ceiling.
D. Curl up into a ball and cry.

_________________
Ding Dong
Hurry, open the door
I have come for you
Trying to hide is futile
Ding Dong
Hurry, open the door
I have come for you
It's already too late to run, dear
Peering through your window,
Our eyes met out of pure luck
You're too frozen in fear
I want to see you up close
Blazingshadows
Blazingshadows
Master Member
Master Member

Posts : 561
Join date : 2014-03-29
Age : 17
Location : Too far gone to even know

Back to top Go down

Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous) Empty Re: Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous)

Post by Caliburn on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:15 pm

A.

Taking a small glance around the room, you frown. You're on edge from that attempted assault; you're not alone apparently. Though that's where the waterfall sound appears to actually be coming from...

Scratching the back of your head, you walk over to the other wall, and rub the palm of your hands against it, before knocking.

Knock knock. It's a hollow wall for definite.

You just might be strong enough to actually punch straight through it, though you have a single explosive which you could attach to the wall.

What do you do?

A. Punch straight through the wall over and over!
B. Use the explosive right away and attach it to the wall.
C. Go throw the explosive at the poor thing that tried to claw you. Brute force, hell yeah!
D. Attempt to run straight through the wall with no bloody regrets.

_________________
Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous) 76561198024504695
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Posts : 1124
Join date : 2011-11-22
Age : 21
Location : A... Closet???

Back to top Go down

Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous) Empty Re: Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous)

Post by Blazingshadows on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Choosing A.

You punch through the wall repeatedly, but you only end up with a hole just bigger than your fist. Looking through the hole, you get a clear view of the other room. It seems to be almost identical to the room you are in, but it has a door on the right wall.

After a short time of thinking about your next move, you hear voices outside the door of the other room.

What do you do?

A. Attempt to make a hole big enough for you to fit through.
B. Shout to the voices, hoping they let you out.
C. Throw the explosive through the hole and at the door. You won't take any chances with these people!
D. Go back to the thing that tried to claw you. Maybe it was trying to be your friend.

_________________
Ding Dong
Hurry, open the door
I have come for you
Trying to hide is futile
Ding Dong
Hurry, open the door
I have come for you
It's already too late to run, dear
Peering through your window,
Our eyes met out of pure luck
You're too frozen in fear
I want to see you up close
Blazingshadows
Blazingshadows
Master Member
Master Member

Posts : 561
Join date : 2014-03-29
Age : 17
Location : Too far gone to even know

Back to top Go down

Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous) Empty Re: Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous)

Post by Tyson_the_Comet on Sun May 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Choosing B.

You shout through the hole, hoping that they will pay attention. "Hey! Is anyone out there? Help!"

The voices stop for a moment, but the door opens slowly, until you can see two shady figures standing on the outside. They both have guns. And they're aiming at you.

A. Tell them you mean no harm
B. Back away from the hole slowly in fear
C. Quickly move to the side before they shoot you, and don't make a sound.
D. Throw the explosive through the hole and dive towards the thing that clawed you.

_________________
TTC~!


You can find me on discord too! Dance Dance Gregolution#7044 
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Expert Member
Expert Member

Posts : 466
Join date : 2014-04-29
Age : 20
Location : South Carolina, USA

Back to top Go down

Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous) Empty Re: Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous)

Post by Blazingshadows on Mon May 05, 2014 12:45 pm

D.

You think for just a second before throwing the explosive right at the people.  If they're pointing guns at you, they have to be evil, right?

Before the explosion goes off, you dive for a wall- which just happens to be the wall with the thing that tried to hurt you.  Before you can move the explosion goes off, and the two people with guns fall to the floor.

This would have been good, but the thing that tried to kill you is now pounding on the wall, obviously alerted by the explosion, and is bound to break through at any time.

What do you do?

A. Get away from that wall ASAP!

B. Try to punch through the wall to help the creature get in.  Who knows?  Maybe it's friendly.

C. Run towards the room where the two guys were.  Since you threw the explosive, there is a hole big enough for you to fit through.

D.  Accept your fate and stand in front of the thing's wall with open arms.

_________________
Ding Dong
Hurry, open the door
I have come for you
Trying to hide is futile
Ding Dong
Hurry, open the door
I have come for you
It's already too late to run, dear
Peering through your window,
Our eyes met out of pure luck
You're too frozen in fear
I want to see you up close
Blazingshadows
Blazingshadows
Master Member
Master Member

Posts : 561
Join date : 2014-03-29
Age : 17
Location : Too far gone to even know

Back to top Go down

Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous) Empty Re: Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous)

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:37 pm

C.

You're not taking ANY chances with that beast behind you so you make a break for the hole. It's just big enough for you to fit through and the door was blasted away as well. 

You then find yourself in a long corridor, which seemed to stretch endlessly in both directions. There is a stained glass window directly in front of you too.

Just then, you hear voices coming from the right but you can't hear them clearly, are these people friendly or more of those gunmen?

What do you do?

A. Run to the right! Maybe they're here to rescue you.

B. Run to the left! You already know that you're alone and that you cannot trust anybody!

C. Take a chance and jump through the window in front of you. Maybe there will be something to break your fall.

D. Give up and let the beast end you, you don't stand a chance anyway.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous) Empty Re: Choose Your Own Adventure (Continuous)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 :: Everything else :: Archives :: ???

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum