Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A boisterous red car rolled into town...

2 posters

Go down

A boisterous red car rolled into town... Empty A boisterous red car rolled into town...

Post by MisterEightySix Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:52 am

The whole of Sylvil City knew the name Stardust Celestial. Of course, this wasn't Sylvil City, and here, that name meant nothing. That was just the way he liked it. The classic car roared past the city limits, with the afternoon sun beating overhead and its passengers itching for a taste of a new town. Or, in Lafawna's case, just itching.

"Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow." Lafawna scowled as she shuffled in her seat, trying desperately to get comfortable.
"I've said it before and I'll say it again," Stardust lectured her, "It's a way more comfortable drive if your fur is clean."
"Aye, aye. Quit remindin' me. ...Are we there yet?"
Stardust turned around to look at her, with a very unamused expression on his face. "Fawny, if you start that with me, I swear I'm going to-"

Linda tapped on his shoulder. "Sir, I suggest you keep your eyes on the road, lest you destroy 75,000 dollars' worth of irreplaceable machinery. And I'm not just talking about the car."
Stardust looked back at the road. "I don't know about you, Linz, but I think I've been behind this wheel listening to Fawny's griping for long enough. I suggest food to remedy this. Maybe we'll end up starting a bar fight or something. That's always fun."

A few minutes later, the car pulled into a parking lot and the three of them stepped out. It was time to make a new start, and what better way to do that than over a hot meal? It was here that these three amigos were about to kick off a very hectic welcome, courtesy of someone who was already there...
MisterEightySix
MisterEightySix
Standard Member
Standard Member

http://stardustcelestial.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

A boisterous red car rolled into town... Empty Re: A boisterous red car rolled into town...

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:34 am

A silver being sat In the corner,blue circuts visible In his figure.hehd along jacket,and a simple pair of jeans.he had two stalks forming from the back of his head,stratchinbg dow his back.he had a pair if blue eyes,though the right was shadoeed out.his eye caught sight of the group,but he focsed on linda,before shaking his he'd,leaninhg against the wall

Back to top Go down

A boisterous red car rolled into town... Empty Re: A boisterous red car rolled into town...

Post by Spekkal Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:14 pm

You know, it was a rather nice day today, as far as this goat was concerned. The slight hum of car on road was, once repeated to a dull throbbing in the brain, a tad annoying but what can one do when they live in a city?

The demon goat, dressed in fancy red attire and a glorious white cravat around his neck, strolled through the streets with the occasional glance here and there. He was an odd fellow, with that abnormally long tail and those curved horns, and the white hair which sided beside his face and came together atop his head beneath that little black crown of his. And those eyes were most unusual! Black, with white (horizontally split!) irises. An odd fellow indeed.

And a shocked one, considering that red car sped by so fast he was buffeted away from the gust of wind which followed afterwards. What in the world was causing them to go so fast? A hint of a smile, and the goat began to speed up in his walking. Aah, curiosity may kill the cat, but it said nothing about this goat demon!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterEightySix Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:57 am

(Sorry I took so long to reply. I got caught up in a LAN party and played video games until the wee hours of the morning.)

"It was here that these three amigos were about to kick off a very hectic welcome, courtesy of someone who was already there..."

..And someone else, who was on his way.

At any rate, the smell of greasy food and greasier patrons greeted four nostrils and one olfactory sensor as Stardust, Linda and Lafawna first stepped into the smoky shade of the pub. None of them had bothered reading the name, and truth be told, it probably wasn't of much importance. Still, every good story starts in a drinking establishment.

"Fun fact, ladies," Stardust muttered to ease his own urge to talk, "The difference between a pub and a bar is that a pub is actually worth walking into."
"Interesting choice of words there, sir, coming from a proud teetotaler."
"That may be true, but don't let THEM hear you say that." Stardust gestured around the building. The faces that weren't giving them nasty looks weren't giving them any looks at all. In spite of the... varied species present in the clientele, these three out-of-towners weren't welcome here at the moment, that much was certain.

"'Stead o' gettin' us kicked out, how about gettin' a table?" Lafawna spoke up. "I'm hungry, and I can't fight off angry drunks on an empty stomach." Her gaze shifted for a moment to an odd-looking silver creature in the corner. He was giving Linda this disconcerting stare, which Linda herself hadn't quite noticed yet.

"Uh... especially if they happen to be drinking this early in the day."
MisterEightySix
MisterEightySix
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:12 am

He gave another look at linda,before shaking his head again"no no...get off that..not a chance In hell she has emotions anyway..."he sigjed,resting his head

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterEightySix Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:45 am

(Funny that he says that. OOC Spoiler: She does. Also, for the record, this whole story takes place a few weeks before "Tick. Tock.")
---
The three sat down at an empty table roughly in the middle of the pub. Linda may not have noticed that she was being watched, but she did notice that Lafawna had noticed something, and now, biological curiosity was rubbing off on her. Her eyes scanned the room, trying desperately to ascertain what the big deal was.

Nothing. Odd. The fellow who had looked at her had since averted his eyes to avoid suspicion. Resolving that she would figure it all out later, Linda turned her attention to something else. Namely, that her chair happened to be a swivel chair. Say what you will, but few things are more satisfying than getting dizzy in a swivel chair. Even a robot knows this. So, quite unashamedly, Linda kicked the ground and began her first silly action of the day.
MisterEightySix
MisterEightySix
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:05 am

He was about to leave,but paused,giving a smile on his metalic lips as he sat own,watching linda spin In her chair

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterEightySix Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:36 am

Stardust rolled his eyes at Linda's display and stuck his foot out to stop her spinning. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on perspective) this didn't work exactly as he'd planned. Linda fell over and landed on the floor, limbs sprawled out awkwardly. That was when she saw his face. The one who Lafawna had seen.

"Oh!" She waved slightly at him. "Hello!"
MisterEightySix
MisterEightySix
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:07 am

He gave a shy smile,nodding to her"h-hey..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:36 pm

The goat strolled into the pub, and honestly he was quite amazed that he had managed to track the speeding fellows to this location, and sat at a table, those gloved hands glancing at the menu, his nose in-taking the distinctive smell of beer. Ah, but his nose did not wrinkle at such a stench. He was, actually, quite used to it. Oh, this demon didn't like alcohol, no no, but he liked that people were so easy to... talk when influenced by it.

Unfortunately nothing on the menu tickled his fancy, so he may as well order a drink (of coke to be precise) and observe his surroundings. Of course, this white eyes came across that unusual green rabbit-like creature, the faun (and what an unusual sight indeed!) and the robot. Or what was assumed to be a robot. Looking at the sharp edges, the metallic sheen, the artificial eyes, yes. It was a robot. Just like that fellow in the corner eyeing said creation. Oooh, romance!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterEightySix Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:15 pm

(Tank, I just want to say, I love your posts. They are hilarious to me. Plus they give me a bar to try to raise in terms of writing quality.)

All eyes had seen Linda's fall, but by now, the majority of them had gotten used to weirdos showing up, and had gone back to their drinking and feasting. This included Stardust and Lafawna, the former of whom had gone to order their food. Linda got up off of the ground and walked over to Necros, now standing by the door. (I know his name, but only because right now, he's in another RP I started.)

"You're quite a difficult man to find in a crowd, even with those circuits. I'm Linda." She extended her right hand. "Logical Intelligence Node and Designated Assistant. Who might you be?"
MisterEightySix
MisterEightySix
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:23 pm

"Necros...was my original name,so I kept it..."

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterEightySix Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:03 am

"Necros, is it? I don't mean to be rude, but you don't really look much like a 'Necros'." Linda shook Necros' hand and gestured at the group's table. "Would you like to sit and have a drink? My master is just over at the bar making an order for our party. We're new in town, and it's always nice to have the acquaintance of at least one person."
---
(To be absolutely clear, Linda calls Stardust her master, but in the same way a butler refers to the master of a household. Her personality is a bit submissive, though, in spite of her occasional bouts of sarcasm, so part of the reason she says "master" instead of "boss" or "employer" is simply to get reactions, from both Stardust himself as well as from bystanders.)
MisterEightySix
MisterEightySix
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:30 am

He cocked an eyebrow,looking over"I guess I can come sit with you..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:48 am

(D'aaww, thankyou! I do try my best!)

With a long winded stretch, Gueton stood. And then sat. And then stood again. The last thing he needed was someone taking his seat, but if he were to leave something there then there's always the off-chance someone would steal what he placed. Oh, not like he thought less of the civilians! He wasn't thinking that, no no! Not at all! It was just paranoia.

...Then again, there was a place by the counter, where the others were sat. Perhaps leaving this table would be the wisest decision.

He would stand if he were not standing already. So rather than sit like a silly fool he strolled towards the counter, leaning on his arm against the smooth wooden surface, white eyes eyeing the drinks. Drinks he found rather revolting, honestly. After a little swish of his abnormally long tail, the goat demon drummed his white gloved fingers against the counter. "A coke, if you would good sir."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterEightySix Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:26 am

Stardust's ears perked up at the word "Coke". He put an elbow on the bar and turned to Gueton. "Heh, imagine that. Another teetotaler. It's fun annoying bartenders, isn't it?" Meanwhile, Linda sat down at the table, urging Necros to do the same. She was eager to get to know this enigmatic fellow.

Lafawna's interest in a certain fellow had been piqued as well, but in a much different way. There was just something about those swanky clothes, and those strange eyes, and those large, curly horns... Was it love? Probably not, but she'd never let that stop her before. And so, Fawny stepped up close to Gueton, put on her best flirty face (not all that great in retrospect) and made an introduction which, pardon my French, would make most men's testicles want to crawl back upward in fear and shock.

"Hi there." She flicked her bang upward and batted her eyelashes. "I'm Lafawna. But you can call me Fawny. Or beautiful, if ye like."
"Fawny, what are you-"
"This is Stardust. We're new in town. Maybe you could show us around."
"Fawny, now is NOT the time for that!"
"Ach! Hush, Starry. I'm just trying to make an impression."
"And you're doing a hell of a job. Don't freak everybody out before the sun's gone down. That's what nighttime is for." Stardust shoved past Lafawna to speak to Gueton. "You'll have to excuse her. Her social skills are a bit... lacking."
MisterEightySix
MisterEightySix
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:11 pm

He nodded,sitting next to her.he rung his wrist,leaninhg back

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down