Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles)

+4
ForevaYoung
SmookiSmooku
Amaris Tollkirsche
Dione
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you be interested and what could/should be changed? (Let me know in replies)

Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) GDMEGbg17%Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) 0lNb1KJ 17% 
[ 2 ]
Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) GDMEGbg17%Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) 0lNb1KJ 17% 
[ 2 ]
Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) GDMEGbg8%Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) 0lNb1KJ 8% 
[ 1 ]
Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) GDMEGbg0%Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) 0lNb1KJ 0% 
[ 0 ]
Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) GDMEGbg0%Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) 0lNb1KJ 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) GDMEGbg41%Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) 0lNb1KJ 41% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) Empty Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles)

Post by Dione Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Hey everyone! I wanted to introduce a character of mine for a while now and I thought I'd poll if people want to help me with this through RP. 

I've come up with kind of a plotline for this introduction and I also have a few ways things could go. I wanted the venue be a concert! A concert of my character's band, to be precise. She plays in a metal/punk genred band and she's the lead singer in it. She's not one of the metal singers who scream, just singing, just to let you guys know.

As for the plotlines:

Plotline 1:

The RP starts out in a concert hall. The preprogram has just finished and the main act is preparing to get ready. There will probably be a few skips in time to speed up things, but don't worry, they won't be too obnoxious. When the act is getting close to its end, things are starting to get a bit weird. The crowd is getting nervous and people aren't sure what's exactly going on. 

For this plotline we need a player who plays the antagonist. This antagonist will infiltrate into the concert and try to take a few people hostage in return for a large sum of money or something along those lines. These things can be discussed and changed, of course. 

When the antagonist tries to do this, the characters being used in the RP gather together to help solve the problem.

Plotline 2:

Again, it starts out in the concert hall. However, this time it's pre-concert. There's a meet and greet with the band members. I was thinking it could be nice to have all characters together in a meet and greet and then something goes horribly wrong. 

This plotline is very open for suggestions and changes. 

The poll above is multiple choice. I would like you guys to let me know whether or not you'd be interested in this RP and please let me know why. I also ask you to leave suggestions and ideas below so we can make this something we are all excited for and something badass. 

Thanks for reading~
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) Empty Re: Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles)

Post by Amaris Tollkirsche Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:59 pm

I like the second plot, and I think it's the most straight forward in terms of having people gathered. That being said, I also like the first one too.

I think the idea from the first plotline can work even smoothly into the second one, since all characters will be gathered into one area, presumably, and will just be sitting ducks perfectly gathered in a pond at that point, since typically weaponry and stuff isn't allowed into concerts. Obvious safety reasons, aha. And it can go nearly unnoticed until it's showtime and then... no band comes up to play. And the VIP members hadn't come out of the meet and greet.

Just an antagonist suggestion, maybe it can be an enraged ex-band member? Mad that they were kicked from the band, especially now that the band is taking off and making money, and they want that money.
Amaris Tollkirsche
Amaris Tollkirsche
Standard Member
Standard Member

http://amaris-tollkirsche.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) Empty Re: Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles)

Post by SmookiSmooku Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:07 pm

I think both plot lines are good, to be honest. I could play as the antagonist if you'd like.
SmookiSmooku
SmookiSmooku

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:58 pm

While I really like the idea of Plot line 1, I think plot line 2 may have more to work with.
Meeting up with other characters as a means of similarity in musical interests would mean they would possibly be less likely to clash and bicker (Even though that would be quite funny to see.)
Theres also the fact that if they do meet up and converse before things go wrong, the protagonists would be more liable to trust the others in the group.

Regardless, I like the idea! Very Happy
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:11 am

Time to get back to you guys!

In response to Amaris, when I posted my first post in this thread, I also immediately thought of interweaving the two plotlines together. It could definitely work! I also really like the idea of an ex-member of the band. It immediately gives some extra story to the rp!

As for Smooki, you could be the antagonist if you want to, but we would have to go over a few things before even starting. It would have to become an entirely new character, because I don't suppose your current character would be fit for the role (and frankly, I don't think it would be a good idea to just suddenly change a large part of your own character, just to fit this one role. Keep in mind, it's going to be a canon rp, thus a permanent part of their own lore.) I'd want to take a short look at the concept you've got (once you've got it and if you even want to make a new character for this, because if you don't, we can also come up with different kinds of antagonists.) so I can see if it kind of fits where I want to go with this whole thing!

And to Foreva, you do have a very good point there. It would definitely give them some sort of trust towards each other if they knew each other already. Similar music tastes would be a given, seeing as they're all concert goers ;p
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:17 am

I am in the middle of creating a new character, and he could easily fit into this kind of situation. Participating in this RP could help me get a better feel for his personality and such, and could potentially aid me in further developing his background.

Anyway, I definitely like the idea of merging the two plots together. Amaris's suggestion on how the plots can come together is really good. 

I really like the idea of everyone working together to solve this issue. Having characters work as a team could definitely generate some character development. Like a shy character becoming more outgoing in order to share their ideas on how to solve the problem, or resolve conflict between characters, should one break out. Or like how someone rebellious or hotheaded could learn that sometimes it's better to cooperate and play as a team instead of tackling the problem by themselves.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:02 am

I'm watching this with interest. Depending on how the plot develops I might jump in or I might not, but let it be known that I'm at least curious.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrRapierre Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Same as Storm Wave. This could be fun. I have a character yet to make a debut and this could be his first chance. Mmmhhh... Should I give it a try?
ZephyrRapierre
ZephyrRapierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:06 am

Wow, there's more interest in this than I'd ever thought there would be! Glad to see that that's the case ^^ 

It's also really nice that there's a big chance this is going to be something a few other characters are introduced in as well! 

I'll try to get in touch with Smooki asap so we can start working out the antagonist and I'd love input from you guys as well. Keep throwing in ideas when you get them, hopefully this turns out to be something really nice!
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Aaaalrighty! I haven't forgotten about this, partially thanks to Zephyr, but it's time for a bit of an update!

I haven't managed to get in touch with SmookiSmooku, but I've been talking to Zephyr about his own character he was thinking of using for this and it's actually a really good fit for an antagonist. I won't spoil anything concerning him, but it means there will be an antagonist anyways! 

I'd like people to tell me if they are certain they want to join so I can be sure who will join. I'm gonna try and keep it a somewhat larger number, but I won't go over 7 participators, including myself. This means there's room for 6 others! 

If you have any ideas, please post them here so we can work out the plot a bit. I have a few things for you people you can take in mind:

* Where's the venue? Is it in a specific city or town, or maybe somewhere in the middle of nowhere?

* WHEN will the interference of the antagonist happen? During the M&G or during the concert itself? 

* For people who write as the antagonist (So unless someone else would like to claim that role it would be Zephyr, let me know if you don't agree with that choice!): Why do they do what they're doing? (You won't need to post this in the thread, but it would definitely be a good idea to think about.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:30 am

What'll be the rules when it comes to posting? I assume there will be a posting order, yah? So, will someone be skipped or removed if they take too long? I'm about to be tossed back into school next week, and I've already got a lot of work hours on my hand. I believe I can manage to get a post in every couple (2 - 3) days at most when it comes to be my turn. Is this okay?

Dione wrote:* Where's the venue? Is it in a specific city or town, or maybe somewhere in the middle of nowhere?

Though I can't name a city/ town in specific, I think it'd be pretty cool if the whole thing took place in a city bustling with music all day and night. Neon lights, concerts and clubs, street dancers and freelancers. Building structures designed like giant amps and speakers. A literal city of music.

Dione wrote:* WHEN will the interference of the antagonist happen? During the M&G or during the concert itself? 

Although the M&G may better fit for characters getting to know each other, I am one for chaos. Having the antagonist make their move while the music is blasting would create a wave of shock and confusion amongst the audience, resulting in all sorts of wild reactions  with some taking longer to process the situation than others. Loud music, panicked screams, total chaos. Though, that's just me. I'm feeling pretty pumped right now, so this might all just be me craving something to get that sounds action-packed, lol. I know many enjoy character interactions and establishing relations. If y'all would much rather the M&G, that's fine by me. I'm definitely not against it. It has it's pros.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:40 am

I want to keep it a pretty loose post system. I like how Froshana has implemented OOT posts. I kind of want to use that for this as well. It gives space for people to communicate when they feel it's necessary. I was thinking of keeping the post time limit three days as I myself know how hard it can be to gather motivation to sit down and write. I also want to implement that people get kicked from the RP if they have been skipped for three turns --> their 4th skip is a kick. 

I really like your idea with the city of music theme!! That could definitely work. Kind of like a main hub for artists and musicians ^^

We can still do a small part of a M&G, but if we want the interference to happen during the concert, it shouldn't be too long until the concert starts. There's ways to implement both, but I'd like all your opinions on it
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:56 am

This RP idea still has me interested! And now that we have an antagonist, it sounds even more intriguing. I think I'll jump in on this one once it gets started.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:23 am

Dione wrote:I want to keep it a pretty loose post system. I like how Froshana has implemented OOT posts. I kind of want to use that for this as well. It gives space for people to communicate when they feel it's necessary. I was thinking of keeping the post time limit three days as I myself know how hard it can be to gather motivation to sit down and write. I also want to implement that people get kicked from the RP if they have been skipped for three turns --> their 4th skip is a kick. 

I can work with that! In case I hadn't already mentioned, I'm still interested. I'm definitely down for this RP.

Dione wrote:I really like your idea with the city of music theme!! That could definitely work. Kind of like a main hub for artists and musicians ^^

Thanks! A hub for such artists is exactly what I was thinking. I thought it would be a fun and creative idea. 

Dione wrote:We can still do a small part of a M&G, but if we want the interference to happen during the concert, it shouldn't be too long until the concert starts. There's ways to implement both, but I'd like all your opinions on it

I can get behind that. I'm still voting for the interference to happen during the concert, so a brief M&G beforehand sounds good to me.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrRapierre Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Dione wrote:We can still do a small part of a M&G, but if we want the interference to happen during the concert, it shouldn't be too long until the concert starts. There's ways to implement both, but I'd like all your opinions on it
Sea Bunny wrote:I can get behind that. I'm still voting for the interference to happen during the concert, so a brief M&G beforehand sounds good to me.
I vote for interference to happen during the concert too. More spectacular. 

Aaahhh. My head is already thinking on the possibilities. So much cool stuff can happen!

Heavy metal concert but not so much a concert (help, titles) 74d077902c0deb8ac3c32d3552250f84
ZephyrRapierre
ZephyrRapierre

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:44 pm

I am seeing so many responses for this and it's making me want it to start already! 
I have a strong idea on who I would like to use as they are musical based as well. It could work out quite well and may give a lot of character development also. 
I almost can't believe how much this is coming together for the most part. So much could happen!
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaris Tollkirsche Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:45 pm

I'm definitely still interested in joining in ~
I love the concept of the city dedicated to musicians and artists, that sounds awesome!
Amaris Tollkirsche
Amaris Tollkirsche
Standard Member
Standard Member

http://amaris-tollkirsche.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:06 pm

I was quite certain I had posted this before, but somehow it doesn't show up anywhere for me. So here it is again: the starter post had been made and you guys can start rolling in!

https://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com/t4542-hard-rock-and-bad-blood
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:22 pm

Small update: 

I know I'm a bit late, but I've been talking to Storm Wave and he asked me something that might have been handy to consider beforehand.

So, Sea Bunny said it could be a nice thing to have it in a city of music and art. I really liked that idea also and when I was talking to Storm, I thought of it being kind of like a Hollywood-ish suburb of Station Square.

If any of you have issues with this, please let me know!
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Hey guys. I'm on vacation and I don't have a lot of Wi-Fi in the park I'm at. This means my reply probably won't come until Friday or Saturday. My apologies for the long wait, I'll try to manage my time better next time! uwu
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:23 pm

Don't sweat it! I have plenty of things to keep me preoccupied, and I'm sure the others don't mind the wait either. Have fun on your vacation!
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:18 pm

I know I let the rp die. I'm sorry about that, but I'd love to bring it back some time! I'll just have to know who's still in to participate, and if we maybe should restart or something. 

I personally think the latter would be the best option, and open up a few new slots as well, seeing as there's a few people who have sadly gone inactive, but let me know what you guys think!
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:21 am

Ohi sign me up kplzthxbye.

No seriously, if this RP does get started up again, I'm interested. I'll throw Mirage in since she's my rocker chick; that, plus her thing with Cayenne going on in the server Discord. Who knows, I might get Volt to tag along with her. Also Sam.

So—if this does continue, that is—would you be sticking with the original pre-concert-gone-wrong plotline? Or will it be switching to something different?
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrRapierre Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Guess who's still alive? Very Happy
Don't answer, it's me. xd

Anyway, been waiting for a long time. Totally didn't forget. And I'm still willing to take the antagonist role. If no one else want it, that is.

I'm still waiting for the judges of the TTT to declare a winner so, yeah...
ZephyrRapierre
ZephyrRapierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:41 pm

I'm so glad to see you're still in for this! Please let me know if you think we should reboot or continue! 

Also Shrug yes do throw in Mirage and Sam, that would be nice~! What plotline we're sticking to depends on everyone else. I'm fine with sticking to the currently established plans, but we could also get together to come up with something new, but I'm really curious to see what Zephyr came up with for his snek boi's evil scheme!

I personally think restarting it would work out better to implement badwithnames' (Shrug's) characters as well but I'm gonna leave that open for discussion)
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next