Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Darker Purpose

+2
Electrisa
Dione
6 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

A Darker Purpose - Page 2 Empty Re: A Darker Purpose

Post by Shrike Marine Fri May 06, 2016 3:36 pm

-Shrike heard the infuriated fox blast a bush off to his left, but he had not payed any attention to it, but his suspicions were rising about who she really was, but he was not going to ahead and just ask questions left and right about that, right now he was more focused on finding the survivors of this wave and finishing them off.- 

" To cut the story short for you two, G.U.N was not fully responsible....there was a corporation that had been building weapons and other technology for G.U.N, They were known for some strange and unpractical projects. One of their projects was called Arkgate. Its purpose? The creation of a device for instant teleportation from one point to the next. As being part of a unit of soldiers based there as its " security detail" It started off as a boring job, however as time went on rumors spread of voices, shadows, paranormal.....monsters....as more time went on they were only pushing further and further...until they pushed to far.....they ripped a gate way into the unknown......and hell followed out.- 

- After that small description which was still not the full story the armored figure went totally silent, seem like this was not something easy for him to speak about.- 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Fri May 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Dione jumped forwards by the explosion of the bush. "W- why did you do that!?" she stuttered. She still didn't fully trust these people. When Shrike had stopped talking and went silent Dione looked at him with a worried expression. She didn't like how his story took a turn. It was dangerous and she was scared that her family or/and friends would get hurt. Dione looked back to the ground and put her hands in the pockets of her jacket. She didn't really lift her feet from the ground so the leaves made extra noise when she was walking. Her hair was hanging in her face and covered the left side of it so it was hard to see what she was thinking and looking at.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat May 07, 2016 2:11 am

Liela had been looking and listening to Shrike carefully. When he suddenly went silent, she knew there was something wrong. She then looked at Dione. Liela noticed how depressed she was as well. She ran up ahead and stopped in front of both of them. She looked very serious. "Are you both ok??? I know this isn't good stuff but you both look like you're mourning over a loved one's death." 

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat May 07, 2016 6:09 am

-The armored figure stopped in his tracks looking at her, tilting his head a little at her question, he shifted his head to the lady wolf who seemed a lot more depressed then he did, then again you couldn't tell what was going on with him with that helmet on his head.- 

" A loved one ? No I never been there before....as for my family...they died off some time ago.... You on the other hand Dione, seemed really shaken up by this, I don't blame you, what came next was the stuff of nightmares....a night mare I had to face alone....but if you have any worries or doubts about people being harmed....rest assured as long as I am able to stand and fight...these monsters will be held at bay..and driven back."

-Shrike continued past the fox, Seeming still refusing to explain the last bit of the story, clearly something he was hiding, his small words were simply to comfort Dione.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sat May 07, 2016 9:44 am

"I- Uhh.. I'm just worried about my family." Dione said to Liela. She looked up towards her and gave her a small smile. Then she looked back at Shrike. "Is there anything we can do to help you?" she asked him. She was scared and didn't want anyone to get hurt but if she had to fight she'd fight.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat May 07, 2016 10:04 am

(just asking, but is it too late to join?)
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat May 07, 2016 1:25 pm

(You could join when we get to the village or whatever you like)

Liela's serious face turned very cold when Dione mentioned her family. "It's always nice to know you care about your family." She then murmured. "Wish I had that privilege." She walked slower until she was behind the group.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat May 07, 2016 7:46 pm

" I understand, I would be worried to if I had a family left. Helping ? Well...I....I don't know...this has been my life ever since that...that uh...that day. I can't really tell you what is going on in my head but every day is a battle to live for the next one, almost day after day fighting against the dark ones, never knowing if the next will be my last. I fight for innocent now....I don't want them to suffer the same way we did"

-Shrike seemed distressed about something, he was not making much sense and failing to put words together a sign of mental dysfunction and possible PTSD.- 

" L-Looking Dione, it's probably best you stay back there with Liela, seems like something is bothering her, I will be fine.....I will be fine." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sat May 07, 2016 11:50 pm

Dione noticed the sudden change in Liela's expression. She frowned for a moment and then looked back at Shrike to listen to what he was saying. When he finished talking, Dione didn't really know what to say anymore. "Are you okay?" she asked both Shrike and Liela since Shrike was struggeling to find the right words and Liela was staying behind a bit.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sun May 08, 2016 4:32 am

Liela stopped and looked at Dione. " I'm not going to lie like stuttering Skrike over there, I'm not ok. When am I ever ok. IN FACT, I haven't been ok since I was 5  BLOODY YEARS OLD!!!" She yelled the last part. Liela had lost her cool when the topic of a family came up. It didn't look like it was stopping anytime soon. Liela walked up to Skrike." Let me guess, your family's dead??? Want to somehow avenge them by helping others. At least they loved you. Mine DISOWNED ME BECAUSE... because." Liela seemed to not be able to finish the sentence

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun May 08, 2016 5:27 pm

-The armored figure stopped in his tracks, Slowly turning to her and looking directly at her, even tho the helmet covered his face it did not take a rocket scientist to figure out he was looking directly at her eyes.-

" First off, my family...was cut to shreds by the creatures, torn limb from limb and murdered alright. My own farther abandoned me when I was only 10 months of age, All I knew was my mother...that is the only person I was ever close to...ever since she died...I'v been alone..against the dark ones.... I don't know the back story to you or your family...maybe in time I will understand it better and know where you come from or why you do the things you do.....Disowned you ? You might wanna finish what you were going to stay before you start accuse me of stuttering, I am not a bad person don't take me for one....the rest of the world already thinks I am some kind of deranged off the rails renegade that caused all this! You still have a choice on how you can live your life....I am trapped in this." 

- Shrike lost it a bit as well but being a ex soldier he learned to deal with tough situations and adapt to them, He knew there was more to her story and was going to want to know it, but right now he had a task to do and lives to save. His life was reduced to fighting against the horrific creatures from the far beyond, he no longer knew of a another life where some one actually cared about him. To the world he was a masked renegade.- 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sun May 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Liela knew she was in the wrong for the outburst she did. She had said too much letting her emotions get the best of her. The answer Shrike gave her only made her more guilty. Her voice lowered a little as she said,"Fine you win, but you're mistaken if you think I have a choice on how I lived my life. " and with that, she broke eye contact with Shrike and phased right through him. She didn't care about revealing her other powers.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sun May 08, 2016 6:40 pm

Dione stopped walking when the other two people stopped walking. She turned to Liela and Shrike and heard their voices full of emotion. The heated conversation mostly existed out of a few words from Liela and a monologue of Shrike. She listened carefully and tried to remember the most of it. 

Then Liela abrubtly stopped the conversation and walked right through Shrike and appeared on the other side of him. Dione's mouth fell open and she stood there with an absent gaze, wondering how that was even possible. Never had she seen anything like that. A lot of thoughts flashed through her head. Who were these people? What happened to them? How did Liela do that?! All were questions that weren't to be answered. Or at least, she didn't expect an answer.

When Liela started walking again, Dione really wanted to ask her about her past but she was scared that Liela might get angry at her. Instead she just walked behind Shrike and the fox, looking at the ground and thinking about how lucky she was with her family.

(Also, Liela, do we have a posting order orrr...?)
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun May 08, 2016 6:47 pm

(just sayin', but I think the posting order is you, shrike, then Liela. Then me, when I see a chance to join, which will most likely be at the next village)
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun May 08, 2016 6:51 pm

-Shrike looked over his shoulder at her, The whole phased ability through him didn't startle him yet intrigued him, He had seen many things probably even he shouldn't of seen, he knew all to well that Liela was hiding a dark past as well he could easily tell, for it took one to know one. Shrike didn't budge or move instead he turned towards Dione stopping her.- 

" Dione wait....sorry about that I think you can gather as much as we both come from some dark background. You don't really know either of our stories so I understand you feel a little lost and confused. But..I think it is best if you and Liela for your own sake and well being leave this area..right now. Go with Liela...she looks like she could use a friend to talk with and listen...I will deal with the dark ones at the town or where ever they have gone to...but I think its best she nor you get mixed up in this conflict, it has nothing to do with you and will only put yourself and your family in danger....but I also think Liela needs some one...Go..talk to her...and get as far away from here as possible."

Shrike left her side heading off, loading what seemed to be shells into the underneath of his weapon, he didn't lie or tried to cover up any thing he didn't want them to put in danger, and he believed in his words that Liela need a friend some one to talk about it and listen, Shrike left them an ventured off to confront the dark ones alone.- 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sun May 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Liela had been listening to what Shrike told Dione but still continued to walk. When shrike left, she simply said, " I hope he's put out of his misery quickly." She remembered her mission and decided to head to where Shrike left. She noticed that Dione was going to follow her so she decided to say her mission out loud. She thought maybe that would scare her off or something. "I still need to destroy a village. If you don't want to get hurt, I'd advise you back off"

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sun May 08, 2016 8:30 pm

When Shrike left, Dione looked at him walk away. Then she saw Liela started walking in the same direction. "You know he told us not t-" she started but was cut off by Liela's words.  "What do you mean, put out of his mi-" Dione wanted to ask her what she meant by that but was too slow. She noticed that Liela saw her walking behind her so a comment on her movement quickly followed. "I still need to destroy a village. If you don't want to get hurt, I'd advise you back off"  "WHAT!? Destroy a village!? NO!" Dione yelled at Liela. "Why would you do that!? You can't just kill innocent people!" She was scared. Afraid of this girl who was talking about destroying villages and staying alone in this forest. She stopped walking and channeled her energy, ready to attack to stop Liela if necessary.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun May 08, 2016 8:38 pm

- Shrike moved quickly, the suit he wore was no ordinary suit of armor, It was a exo based suit meaning it had technology to help enhanced his abilities, closing in on the village just up ahead, it seemed all clear till a distant roar was heard echoing through out the valley....they were coming. Wasting no time the lone soldier quickly set up a defense position behind some various sized stones, the creatures were capable of using ranged attacks in the form of generated energy....from the woods they struck hard and fast, sprinting towards him, Shrike opened fire gunning down the creatures as they hurled towards him, there burning orange eyes filled with one goal...totally destruction, more and more came as the lone figure stood and held his ground, one creature lunged through the air tackling the soldier to the ground with a thud, before the creature to tear him open like a can, he quickly shoved his weapon into its mouth pulling the trigger, taking its head clear off its shoulders, getting back to his feet, the lone figure continued the fight the creatures. He long drawn out yell as he held down the trigger, empty cases and shells hitting the ground as the weapon fired round after round.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun May 08, 2016 9:05 pm

A red hedgehog came sprinting out from between the trees, with two swords drawn, his long spines and coat trailing behind him, like a cape. Fire appeared to be emanating from his arms, leaving a path of smoke behind him "you really think I'd let you get away that easy?!" He shouted, launching at one of the creatures, landing on its back and thrusting on blade deep into its spine. When the creature stopped moving, the red hedgehog hopped off of the corpse, dusting himself off and continuing forward. He noticed a figure, dressed in worn armour, fighting off several of these creatures with a large gun. "Hehe, looks like I'm not the only one caught in battle." He spoke, running towards the figure, jumping over a creature, and lightly cutting it in the process. "Hey there," he said, stopping beside the armoured figure "need some help, there, buddy?"

Last edited by The Red Blur on Sun May 08, 2016 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sun May 08, 2016 9:26 pm

Liela looked at dione. "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill anyone. I just need to destroy" She looked at Dione channeling her energy. "Please, you don't understand. I have to do this. If I don't he will and I promise you he won't show mercy."She paused. "You don't want people to die right?

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sun May 08, 2016 9:38 pm

Dione looked at Liela really angered. "What's the difference between killing and destroying?" she snarled at her. "And who is 'he'?" Dione stood up straight and balled her hands to fists to contain herself. This fox. This girl had to destroy a village?! *What the hell is this? Why have I never heard about any of this?* Dione thought to herself while still paying close attention to Liela's movements.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun May 08, 2016 9:45 pm

-Shrike turned around, no real time for introductions but it was pretty obvious the mobian who just joined the fray was not a enemy and judging by the size of the creature assault he was more then willing to get a hand in fighting them back.- 

" Sure can! be advised these things are relentless, they will do every thing in their own power to rip you to shreds, they also have the ability to conform energy like spheres in their hands and hurl them at you, they deal a a lot of damage and have been known to cut through most armor, watch your back! Take the ones on the left I'll deal with them on the right...send them back to hell!"

- Shrike raised his shotgun, cocking it to eject the empty case and began to blast one dark one after the next, some times having to result to using his enhanced strength suit to fight them off at close range, a stray energy sphere grazes his left shoulder knocking him back but not enough to send him down. More came as 2 larger beasts emerge from the woods, these creatures stood 12 feet tall and were mean look beasts, they hurled large spheres of green energy , enough to reduce its target to a pile of ash.- 

" Watch the tree line! We got the big one's coming in fast!" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun May 08, 2016 10:41 pm

Caen whistled at the sight of the larger creatures "you don't see this type of stuff back home!" He spoke, a cocky smile growing across his face "the ones on the left? Okay," he scanned to his left, counting each creature he could see.

"Roughly seven targets, as well as the big one. They seem to move separate from each other, closing in on their targets in a kind of pibcer movement. Interesting choice of tactics." Caen chuckled, summoning flames around his blade before launching a fireball at the closest creature, landing a direct hit, which only infuriated the beast, causing it to charge Caen. "Just as planned. Idiot."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sun May 08, 2016 10:57 pm

"Dione please!!! I-I'm bound. I have to do what I am told." She didn't want to fight dione. But she couldn't disobey a direct order. (I have to get out of here before Dione makes me do something I'll regret)  She ran away towards the direction of Shrike.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Mon May 09, 2016 8:48 am

When Liela ran away Dione immediatly let go of the channel and stood there. Startled. It took her a few seconds to realise what just had happened. Then she made a step towards the direction of where Liela had gone and stood still again. "What in the world is happening..." she mumbled to herself. 
She then began to run after Shrike and Liela. Not too far away she heard gunshots and noises of unknown creatures. Dione slowed down her pace untill she just walked. Slowly she started to close in on the whole scene. She looked for Liela but couldn't find her yet. But she saw Shrike firing his gun at a few monsters and a stranger fighting against other monsters of the same kind. Dione immediatly realised that these creatures must've been the Dark Ones. She quickly channeled her energy again and completely focussed on her defence. Then she hid behind a big boulder, trying not to stand out, observing the scene.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next