Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginning of a Journey

3 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Beginning of a Journey - Page 5 Empty Re: Beginning of a Journey

Post by Froshana Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:06 pm

"Yeah, probably," Reena agreed with a nod of her head. She had started to swing her little bag with her carryout in it back and forth as they drew closer to the hotel. Thinking about having a nice bath had her feeling eager to get back to the room now.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:00 am

Wolf continues to look around at their surroundings as they walk, not giving much thought to what he'd be doing later, rather staying focused on the present. He notices the hotel growing larger as they approach and figures it might only be a handful of minutes before they finally get there.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:29 am

And before too long, they were walking underneath the covered entrance of the hotel and past the automatic doors into the lobby. Reena didn't slow in her pace, heading for the elevators. She only stopped to wait after pressing one of the buttons to call an elevator down to the lobby floor.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:02 am

Wolf follows her along, eventually coming to a stop beside Reena in front of the elevator.

"So... this is almost the end of a pretty long day." he says.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:10 am

She glanced over at him. A smile crossed her muzzle and she nodded again.
"Yup, sure seems like it, huh? That train ride lasted forever," Reena commented.
The smile became a grin as she reached over and nudged Wolf's arm lightly with her free paw.
"Wasn't all bad, though. Especially with that fuzzy pillow I had to keep me company."
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:22 pm

"Apparently. It was more comfortable than sleeping on the bench or the floor certainly." he says, after glancing sideways at her.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:07 pm

"Yeah, really. We'll just see if I gravitate towards you when we're tryin' to sleep tonight," Reena added.
A soft 'ding' caught her attention and she looked up as the elevator doors opened. The Klee Kai stepped inside, wasting little time in pressing the appropriate button and waiting for the elevator to begin its ascent.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Wolf joins her in the elevator.

"Don't you think your bed will be comfortable enough?" he asks, "You seemed to like it a fair amount earlier."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:08 pm

"Yeah, but just imagine..." Reena raised her paws up, staring off at some imaginary horizon. "Super comfy bed, plus warm, fuzzy pillow. As a small and cuddly dog, instinct should lead me right to achieving optimum comfiness," she explained.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:56 pm

"If you say so." Wolf replies, unsure of just how serious she was being.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Reena said nothing further on the matter now and just waited for the elevator doors to open again. Once they did, she stepped out and then started off down the corridor. She glanced back at Wolf and asked, "Got your key so you can see how to open the door?"
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:16 pm

Wolf follows her along and nods to her.

"Yeah, I've got it here." he replies, before withdrawing the key from his pocket.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:20 am

"Okay, it's really easy," Reena assured him.
She stood to one side of the door, withdrawing her own key as well.
"Now, it'll say on the card which side should be facing up or down," she began, "In this case it's... this side down."
She indicated the side of the plastic card that she was talking about and continued.
"Then you take it and slide it into this slot here in the same direction that the arrows are pointing and when you see the green light, pull it back out and open the door. Sometimes it takes more than one try, but that usually does it."
She looked up at Wolf afterwards. "Get the idea?" she asked him.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:50 am

"Hmmm... seems pretty straightforward." he says, "I guess if I forget, I can always flip the card over and around and try it in different ways until it works."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:20 am

"Yeah, though if you forget, the instructions are legit right there on the card," Reena pointed out.
She put her key away again.
"Why don't you give it a try?" she suggested.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:25 am

Wolf moves closer to the door, then holds out his card and slides it into the slot as Reena had instructed him. The indicator light flashes green and there's a click as the door unlocks. He then withdraws the card.

"After you." he says.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:34 am

Reena smiled broadly at the sound of the door unlocking.
"Easy peasy!" she told him, stepping forward and turning the knob, then pushing open the door. After being outside walking, the hotel was nice and cool in comparison. Reena made her way into the room, sliding her arm free of one strap of her backpack, then swinging it around and placing it in the chair with the rest of her bags.
She turned her attention to her travel bag, starting to dig through her clothing that was in there.
"Gee, gonna need to do some laundry soon..." she muttered to herself as she withdrew a couple of bundles of fabric, then continued digging through her things.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:44 am

Wolf follows her into their room, pushing the door shut behind him. He moves past Reena to the window and glances out through it quietly.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:49 am

The dog glanced over at Wolf as he looked out the window.
"Well, you can get comfy and do whatever," Reena commented, "I'm gonna go ahead and take me a shower before I get too comfy."
She pulled out a small foldable hairbrush and set it on top of the bundle of clothing she'd withdrawn. Her travel bag was shoved mostly closed and she picked up her bundle in her arms again.
"I should be out pretty quick, but just knock if you need somethin', okay?" she added as she started back across the room to the bathroom.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:17 am

Wolf looks over at her.

"I'll keep that in mind, but I should be fine until you're finished in there." he replies.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:33 am

Reena nodded.
"Okay! See you in a bit, then," she replied, closing the rest of the distance between herself and the bathroom. She stepped inside and shut the door behind her.
Wolf was left alone for the following hour as Reena went about her business in the restroom. It was only five or ten minutes before the sound of the shower running started up. Despite claiming she wouldn't be gone long, she took her time enjoying a thorough shower and getting all of her fur and hair cleaned up with the complimentary soaps and shampoos already in the shower. About forty-five minutes after she had entered the bathroom, the sound of the water running stopped. Approximately fifteen minutes later, the door opened again.
Reena stepped out of the bathroom in a different set of clothes, this time consisting of a purple t-shirt that was quite large for her and extended midway down her thighs. If she had shorts or anything else on underneath, the shirt was too long for them to be seen and instead all that showed was the grey and white fur of her legs. She was carrying the rest of her clothes draped over one arm and was currently running her brush through her still-damp hair.
The Klee Kai peered around the room, looking for Wolf as she made her way back towards her bags.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:27 am

A short time after Reena entered the shower, Wolf steps over to the bed and sits down by the foot of it. He crosses his legs and places his paws in his lap, then he closes his eyes. He spends the following forty minutes like that on the bed, meditating and thinking about he events of the day.

Once Reena exits the bathroom though, he continues to sit there quietly, facing the foot of the bed.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:09 am

As she spotted Wolf sitting on the bed, Reena commented, "Oh ho, man, that was a good shower. You should give it a try, Wolf. The soap smells amazing."
She moved on past him, dropping her clothes haphazardly across her bag and then stepping over to the window as she kept on brushing her hair.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:30 am

"I should see about getting cleaned up." he replies, "Then I'll have to change into something relatively clean... but everything I have could probably use a wash first."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:32 am

"Well, they have a place to do laundry here," Reena pointed out, "I've got some stuff that needs to be washed, too, if you wanna go over there."
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next