Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to Reality

4 posters

Go down

Back to Reality Empty Back to Reality

Post by Caliburn Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:55 pm

Months. Years, even...
Time had passed. And lots of it.

"Space travel is a marvelous thing, mind you. Not many people participate in it. It's dangerous, and you're away for a long time, on a completely alien world. You see plenty of sights. You encounter plenty of potential allies, too. And for every ally, there's someone that's not so friendly..."

Ever since the day the first shuttle landed on the moon, technology was expanding. For the City of Independence, however, technology was more than expanding. It was expanded already. And still rapidly increasing. The city itself is a mystery, how it came to be is odd. Lots of history is behind it. It seems like everything within is from the future or something.

The city is ageless, it never changes much. It stays in peak condition all the time...
But that's not exactly where we are, now, is it? Even a few years in the future the City of Independence is barely different.

For the orange furred cat, a veteran space explorer at the age of twenty-one, the world changed quite a bit. She had been part of a very big space voyage for the past year or so. Nothing but space. Planets. Aliens. And her spacepod and suit. The big clunky armour weighs a load, and of course, she adapted to it. How? Who knows. It's anyone's guess. But she did. And because of that, because of the sole extreme conditions she was exposed to for so long, gradually, she became physically beyond most.

Despite the lack of actual any... body mass... she's not to be taken lightly.

But look, this is all babbling. The here and now...

---

Day 4 back on Earth
13:00 Hours

The planet felt tiny. Paled in comparison. The cat girl had a very big lust for exploration, and she did that for a long time. You'd expect one to get bored, but she never did. Even if she nearly lost her life, her love for exploration was still far too great to wither her urges to explore.

Not only was the planet small, but it felt overall unnatural. She had no issue walking around. No issue walking around in that super thick armor either. With a sigh, she checked through some mission logs on her wrist device, pressing the screen every so often to cycle through data. Needless to say, she did feel quite awkward. Out of place, to say the least. But she was looking to socialize once again. Afterall, seeing her parents and brother again went okay. So why can't making some friends?

In my short time being here again, I've actually come across some pretty decent people. For one, Spark. Nice guy, actually... met him in a coffee shop. Got good taste, too. I mean coffee is a great drink. I actually forgot the names of a few others, but nonetheless, they're all decent people. I haven't seen a single one that's anything like... well, Killa. So that's good. Hopefully it stays this way.

She was busy typing away, logging things herself into a virtual diary/journal thing. Too busy to notice the people walking by, though she did put her head up to look around every so often.

...The odd thing was though there was a huge pile of metal armor beside her. I mean seriously. It stands out quite a lot, especially next to a seemingly regular cat wearing modern clothing.

Last edited by Burning-Fox on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Back to Reality Empty Re: Back to Reality

Post by Cyril Wer Kaldra Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:00 pm

A sound of claws scritches over the ground in the area,footsteps climbing around in trees and the rustling of leaves. Those sounds can be heard nearby as something wanders about the area,climbing into a tree every so often. All that can be seen from the creature is a set of nine long black tails,swaying and brushing over the ground and wrapped around the tree the creature is in at that moment,used as extra support.
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Twitch twitch.
The cat's ears flickered slightly in response to the sudden sound that was audible. She was still typing random things into the touchpad, but looked up towards where the sound was coming from. And she just saw a... weird mass of black fur. That was moving. She'd seen a lot more freaky things out in space. Muuuuch more. But that still made her a bit weirded out.

It wasn't natural on the planet she was on at all, so she debated on trying to get it's attention.

Whatever it was, anyway. She quickly finished what she was typing into the touchpad, and pressed a button. With a quiet beep, the device's screen went black, as if it were off. The cat was sitting on a bench. Station Square, to be exact for her location. The NEW station square, they said. She crossed her leg over the other, and just watched, making sure the furry mass didn't try anything violent.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:02 pm

A sound of a cane tapping on the ground is heard and a long-eared mobian dressed in cyan and white is making his way across Station Square, donning black glasses. He stops every once in a while to get his bearings and then continues on. For whatever reason there may be, he's walking to Ebony in a slow, tedious manner, his motives for doing so unknown.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wer Kaldra Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:37 pm

More rustling in the leaves and the mass of fur moving after it. suddenly a squirrel jumps out of the tree,panicked with the mass chasing it,revealing it to be a very familiar kitsune,a hungry look on his face as he chases the squirrel.
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:44 pm

Around the same area, a cyan hedgehog was walking around the area, thinking to himself about.... I dunno.... the future. Potatoes, I have no clue man just roll with it. Anyways, he wore a light blue jacket, a white, long sleeved shirt, dark jeans and white sneakers. His hair was a ruffled mess, that took a lot of care to keep in shape
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Cruising down I-29 in a '97 Plymouth Grand Voyager B)

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:42 pm

Ebonia, watching the scene unfold with the black mass of fur, quickly realized it was a fox chasing a squirrel. ...Uh. Yeah that was an odd thing to see for her. She kept quiet though, and turned her head away for a second, only to notice both the slow walking cane user with long ears and the cyan hedgehog. One of which seemed to be heading towards her.

"Can I help you with something?" SHe asked, directed to the cane user who seemed to be heading right on up to her. (Assuming he's close to her anyway.)
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:55 pm

The blind mobian came to a sudden halt and scanned his surroundings once more with the cane. "Do you know where the bank is?" he asks, once again tapping his cane around. "I had a problem with finding a map of this place, so you could say I'm kinda lost." The blind mobian covered his face with his arm and coughed. Afterwards, he resumed his walking in a somewhat faster manner.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:39 pm

"Oh, I... I'm not actually from around this city. Sorry. But I can help you look if you want?" She stood up, and put her hand on her armour gently, tail swaying gently along with the breeze. "Want me to?" She awaited a response.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wer Kaldra Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:33 pm

The kitsune jumps forward,narrowly managing to pounce on the little squirrel,catching it and quickly snaps its neck,standing up. ''Gotcha..'' He mutters,starting to pull out its fur while walking over to the others.
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:12 pm

The girl blinked slightly waiting for a response, noticing the kitsune behind the seemingly blind person. Dead... squirrel. Ripping off it's fur?

"...Uh?" Was all she could really say. That behaviour was something she definitely didn't remember ever seeing.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wer Kaldra Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:41 pm

And once that fur has been removed the kitsune uses his claws to cut open the squirrel along its belly,starting the bloody work of removing the bones,muscles,blood,veins and intestines.
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:06 pm

The blind mobian turned to where he heard the squirrel being shred and then turned back to Ebony. "Yes, please. I would really appreciate that," the mobian comes closer to her. "Last thing I need is the nearby wolf attacking me because of my blindness." His ears perp up and down as he hears what the 'wolf' is doing to the squirel.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:42 pm

"Alright, let's g-Oh, I see, you're blind." She whispered quietly. "Well, don't you worry none. Just stay near me ok-" She turned towards the kitsune.

Ebonia had seen a lot of things. But that was just plain... eugh. "What the heck are you doing?!" She demanded an explination from the kitsune.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wer Kaldra Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:08 pm

A grin and the vulpine rips off a piece of the meat leftover after cleaning out the squirrel. ''what does it look like? I'm making lunch'' He pops the piece into his mouth,chewing on it.
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:57 pm

"That's just-I don't even... WHY? Can't you just eat normal food?" She asked, looking plain disgusted by the display.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wer Kaldra Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:08 pm

''Nope. I can't enter the city. Got banished from it'' He happily comments,taking another bite out of the squirrel and chews on that. ''And besides. I prefer hunting for my own food. It makes one appreciate the food more after having to make an effort for it''
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:58 pm

"I wonder why you were banished." She said with a tone of sarcasm, before looking towards the blind guy, and quietly saying. "Just follow me." She started to walk in a random direction away from the kitsune, trying to avoid him altogether.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:06 pm

The blind bat followed Ebony in a somewhat faster manner. "I should have known there are dangerous 'things' outside. It's good to have someone to help me."

For some unknown reason, he stopped every once in a while, uttered something to the glove on his right hand and then contiuned walking. A navigation system for the sight impaired, maybe?
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down