Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts

+9
PersimmonAutumn
Dark The Hedgewolf 2
Tyson_the_Comet
lady-tragedy
Caliburn
Spekkal
missbat
Dregan
Knuxtiger4
13 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Empty Re: Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts

Post by Spekkal Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:46 am

I am gonna smack you for some doodles I swear >:c
Still absolutely adore your traditional drawing skills. You really should shove 'em into digital more and fiddle with effects, cause like with the crackbaby demigod there it comes out beautifully!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Empty Re: Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts

Post by Knuxtiger4 Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:14 am

Spekkal wrote:I am gonna smack you for some doodles I swear >:c
Still absolutely adore your traditional drawing skills. You really should shove 'em into digital more and fiddle with effects, cause like with the crackbaby demigod there it comes out beautifully!

No you won't. >:c

And asklaklskalkslajajaala.  I'm always so "Bleh" on coloring a lot of my sketches since they are just sketches and aren't that great and not worth coloring. D:

>>;;;  Might have had a little too much fun with that one too.

On that note, done a decent amount of art the last week or so.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Work_doodles_20_by_knuxtiger4-d7ykahk
Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Work_doodles_21_by_knuxtiger4-d7yx459
Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Work_doodles_22_by_knuxtiger4-d7z64yg
All these are work doodles all done within the last 7 days.  Its quite a lot for me!

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Doodles_14_by_knuxtiger4-d7ykl91
Nails talking with Mephio and that little crack baby I did doodle below that.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Doodles_15_by_knuxtiger4-d7yssp5
Nails trying to hold back Fangs who is rather... over confident that she can beat up the kitty.  Nails using one of her ice attacks followed by her trying to beat on Nega which he looks oh so amused.

Next one I'm spoilering because well... sorta inappropriate.  Most of this was Dregan and Uncanny's doing since I asked them on what I should draw next.
Spoiler:

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 ___at__welcome_to_the_valley___by_knuxtiger4-d7ysgck
An art trade I did with one of my friends from deviantART/Skype of his character Hisspan. 8D

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 __surrender___by_knuxtiger4-d7zcrge
"So you got me, so what?  If you haven't noticed, we're in the middle of a lava field, an area I have the advantage!"

I can't even explain how happy I am with this picture because it originally started off with me hating my sketch and pose.  The background its probably one of the best I've done up to date and yeah.  I just spent a lot of time with this one. ;n;  Also yes, demon Fangs being all growl growl.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Got a few doodles to update with today.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Work_doodles_23_by_knuxtiger4-d7zj48m

Some work doodles from yesterday.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Tomodachi_life__carter_by_knuxtiger4-d7zk2n9
Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Tomodachi_life__carter_colored_by_knuxtiger4-d7zlz96
Just like Uncanny has been doing, I wanted to draw out my 'spawns' from my copy of Tomodachi Life.  So I present to you, Carter! 8D  He was my first spawn in my game is his parents are Geof and Fangs.

I should have two more spawns to post next week since they'll be all grown up by then and then I can draw them.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:56 am

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Save_me_by_knuxtiger4-d7zy72n

First attempt at digital painting.  I had gotten this idea in my head to draw Nails looking as miserable as I can possible make her and sketched it followed by going all out on it.  Semi pleased with the results for the first crack at digital painting.

Took about 2 hours from start to finish.  I should have another one to post tomorrow since I was about halfway through it before calling it a night.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:45 am

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Avatar_doodle_by_knuxtiger4-d803av5

Another try at digital painting.  This one took a lot longer, want to say about 4 to 5 hours???  I actually used the same work doodle I did of this picture and used it to do the layout for it.  Did some experimenting with the lines on this one too.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Doodles_16_by_knuxtiger4-d803awj
Hey something rare, drawing Elpidios for once!  Been working on a alternate version of him that shows what he once looked like in his younger years.  There other doodles of are Nails who appears to not be so well.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Nails_doodle_2_by_knuxtiger4-d803axc
She's actually not looking too well.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:27 am

Did some more doodling today.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Doodles_17_by_knuxtiger4-d80bb4e
Doodle from last night along with Nails and Fangs interacting and this cool bloke I designed.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Amazon_river_dolphin_colored_by_knuxtiger4-d808ziv
Actually colored him since he was my entry for a Sonic Blogs "Create-A-Character" contest where I had to use that base color to make a character.  I chose an Amazon River Dolphin since they are pink in color and seemed aquatic was the way to go. 8D  Also did something different and gave him a muscle body type because yes.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Doodles_18_by_knuxtiger4-d80bb4c
And these just finished up moments ago.  Not feeling to great today so drew more miserable Nails doodles which I really like the top left one I did along with Talon, Cyril and Dorn.  Lastly finishing off with Quill and Talon.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:36 am

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Is_that_all_you_got_by_knuxtiger4-d80fbea

Quick one hour digital painting I did.  Was testing a new brush I found that makes it very similar to pencil which it my normal means to doodle.  Was very busy today and didn't have time to do a lot of art today.

Quill and Talon, I have a kitty problem, really do love drawing these two.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Oml, y is Nails so sad? ;o;
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:56 am

Tyson_the_Comet wrote:Oml, y is Nails so sad? ;o;

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 E42203cb29371e923ed0d755d8414a82

Also other doodles.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 52979d1a972694568ac3dd200f32e7a0
Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 255c4210a9345324a18dab0fcf68c285

Had a very rough day today so not a lot of art tonight.  Tomorrow I'm busy all day so doubting much to update.  Hoping tomorrow will be better.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:34 pm

@Knux Aw, hope everything will be a'ight.

@Nails It couldn't have been THAT bad... could it? ._.
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:43 am

Hey, much better today.  Actually think it went a lot better than yesterday for sure.  That said, had time to do some art this evening.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Work_doodles_24_by_knuxtiger4-d80mqna
Work doodles from Wednesday and today combined.  I have to say my favorites were the Nails one and the one I did of myself.  I rarely draw myself so really liked how that one came out.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Doodles_19_by_knuxtiger4-d80ng9w
Tried again at drawing myself which could have turned out better.  Also drew my blind coyote Zen which wish it could have been better.  Was drawing those while my computer took an hour to update. :I

Bottom ones are of Sehkmet.  Left side is her a bit younger and right is current, decided to draw those because I forget how much she grew up to where she is now.

And would have drawn more but its late here so maybe tomorrow might have more motivation to do more.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:03 am

10 outta 10 would stalk see again
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:45 am

Been busy the past few days between working and then our house getting a new addition in the form of a little tiny puppy. lol  But I do have some art to show.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 039353e49425afe7d01277a18127d9c0
Was attempting a digital painting of Zen, my blind coyote and well, got frustrated and got as far as sorta 'blocking' in the colors.  Still need to work more on how to expand on getting better. 8C

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 F5c61c814f8afbe1694382a5b1cf70c7
Karma bust.  Believe Uncanny told me to paint Karma as a digital painting test.  Kinda happy with this one.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Doodles_20_by_knuxtiger4-d815mvd
Ice kitty doodles, left one is probably a few minutes after Talon was born???  Second one is Nails sleeping on the couch with her kitties because yes, she tries to be a good mother. :c

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Doodles_21_by_knuxtiger4-d815mv9
Zen again.  She looks too fox like though and not enough coyote there. >:c  Been experimenting on a style I use to draw my animal characters which some might have caught on to said style.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Its_october_by_knuxtiger4-d815mul
I TOLD YOU SPEKKAL I WOULD REMIND YOU ITS OCTOBER!!!!!!

(I drew Skelter and Helter and I wonder who's blood they use to write that sign?)
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Okay, that is just freakin cute what you drew with Nails. Like, oml. Yes. So cute, I wanna hold it in my arms and just squeeze it.

...Okay nevermind. I'd probably get mauled .__.
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:50 am

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Left_out_by_knuxtiger4-d819v32

Venty vent art because sad and eh.  Took several hours to make this and was playing with more brush settings.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:00 pm

So much aaart. @-@ You draw a lot. XD

Have to say, like the li'l doodle you did recentally of yourself in Sonic style - it just has a very nice clean cartoon look to it that I really like.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Argh you just keep getting better and better! Like, comparing to the start of the thread to now, you've seriously improved! The constant arting is seriously making a massive impact on your abilities. Oh, and I'm really liking your use of colour these days, it blends really well with your paintings. Like that pretty pretty Karma vent (which I hope you're feeling better for, missy!)
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Askalkslak, you people I swear. <3

Been doing some more digital painting the last few days.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Fall_days_by_knuxtiger4-d81gyq1
One of Karma in a hoodie because yes, fall is here and I wear a lot of hoodies to stay warm.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Innocent_goddess_by_knuxtiger4-d81jdq3
The not so innocent Goddess.  She has a very pretty design and wanted to do gift art for Spekkal. 8D

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Hybrid_twins_by_knuxtiger4-d81jdqk
Followed by killing two birds with one stone, double gift art for Uncanny and Lady.  Drew the hybrid twins, Horus and Sekhmet because they also have nice designs and yes. 83

I should maybe have more stuff to post later, I forget I have work doodles to scan at least.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:25 pm

I'm going to hurt you. Hurt you baaaad.

Oh, one thing! How about you try painting on top of the outline? I've seen quite a few guides with painting which say to try and blend the outline with the piece itself to flow better. Your paintings are already very well done (again with your use of colour there) but it might be something to try for the future.

But seriously I'll rip you apart.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:31 am

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 __devil_inside_animation___by_knuxtiger4-d8205v5

The idea of this animation was to use digital painting as animations which soon involved throwing a bunch of other people characters in this, original was only going to be two.   Inspiration came from this animation Devil Inside Fluximation, about around 00:23 of that is this one animation that just I found interesting. So after studying say animation and doing some layovers on the five frames I grabbed, went ahead and painted everyone.  It wasn't until I brought it over to Photoshop that just flat out animating them was a little boring so inside did motion animation for this.  Kinda would love to explore a different way to make the animation similar to that of the fluximation video but Photoshop only get you so far without having to drag in other animation programs.  That an I'm an I'm amateur when it comes to digital animation, I know how to do it the traditional way more than the digital.  Either way, I'm damn proud of this and despite having a not so good start to the week and having a horrible day today, pushed myself to get this done tonight.

Took about three days of on an off work to paint the characters and about two hours of work to animating it.  The animation itself is 84 frames long, by far the longest I've done since messing around with digital animation.  

The paintings themselves.
Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 1__dregan_painting_by_knuxtiger4-d8209yp

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 1__karma_painting_by_knuxtiger4-d8209yn

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 1__lady_painting_by_knuxtiger4-d8209yj

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 1__spekkal_painting_by_knuxtiger4-d8209yh

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 1__uncanny_painting_by_knuxtiger4-d8209ye
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:01 pm

Niiice c:
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Such preeetty arts. I have to say, with the way the faces change out, it makes me think of the opening to an anime or something - y'know where it flashes between the faces of the main cast all-dramatic like. I approve!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:14 pm

Hot damn that finished product is phenomenal! You really should be proud of it, because it came out amazing! Not to mention, it's really showing off your painting skills, and looking back and it your first few attempts you're really showing a lot of improvement <3

Keep up with the pretty paintings - cause I want more! And more attempts at animation because yeeeessssss
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:19 am

Dregan wrote:Such preeetty arts. I have to say, with the way the faces change out, it makes me think of the opening to an anime or something - y'know where it flashes between the faces of the main cast all-dramatic like. I approve!

You know I kinda see that now that you mention it.  You know some eons back I joked to myself about doing an animation test for an opening but then I realized all the nightmares of animating.

Spekkal wrote:Hot damn that finished product is phenomenal! You really should be proud of it, because it came out amazing! Not to mention, it's really showing off your painting skills, and looking back and it your first few attempts you're really showing a lot of improvement <3

Keep up with the pretty paintings - cause I want more! And more attempts at animation because yeeeessssss

I'm glad to hear I'm improving at the very least!  Didn't think I'd pick up on it so fast really.  Will need to see what more paintings I can do, I did have a few in mind on the backburner.  As of animation, nothing for now since its hard to animate and have no ideas at the moment.

That said, more art.
Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Zen_doodle_by_knuxtiger4-d823pfx
Quick digital painting I did of a wispy Zen.  I actually used one of my photos of her as an overlay to paint over.  Think it came out okay for a fast paint.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Work_doodles_25_by_knuxtiger4-d824lik

Work doodles from both this week and last week since I never got around to scanning them.

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 Doodles_22_by_knuxtiger4-d824lma
And some traditional stuff from me.  Karma in my typical fall outfit and Zen surrounded by wisp/souls.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:45 am

Knux's Not So Dead Thread of Arts - Page 4 __madness___by_knuxtiger4-d82d017
"The more you consume, the more corrupt you get."

You can read more about the painting here.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next