Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dark ones and Nullsig

Go down

The Dark ones and Nullsig Empty The Dark ones and Nullsig

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:22 pm

*A audio recording made by Shrike 1 year after the Horizon crisis was over.*

What are the Dark one's or Nullsig ? It's a question with no direct answer, where did they come from ? Even less so. However I'll do my best to tell what I know if it, where it encountered it, what it could do and more. 

Nullsig is a energy source unlike any thing I've ever seen or probably ever will see. A complicated unstable source of unknown energy replicated and manipulated to be the next step forward in power, might and possible renewable energy, renewable my ass...While it's output was on the level of general Chaos energy its stability was not and it would later come back to haunt us.
 The Aribis Cascade was the true realization of what a large exposure of this....source was capable of doing. The things I saw, the entities it produced and horrors still haunt my dreams....sometimes I can still see those derelict metal hallways, the remnants of those consumed by it, the nightmarish sounds all around...It's a place I wish to never return too.....yet....sometimes I feel I must.... Turns out Horizon knew just exactly what would happen if this arcane like energy was unleashed, footage and reports detailed such events decades prior, but of course it was all kept hush hush.

Soo Why is this energy so dangerous and unpredictable and again I can't give you a answer. What I can say is what I've seen it do and what it could possibly do...I've seen this energy twist the living into mangled forms of their former selves, I've seen it transform parts of landscape in warp shaped constructions, I've seen anomalous activity sparking artifacts of bizarre properties, Poltergeist like psi energy that can mess with your very mind and thoughts, manipulation of technology and going too the very point of distorting and tearing reality. Opening rifts to who the hell knows where....and that is where the Dark ones come in.

The Dark ones was a generic term we designated them, entities of various shape, size, composition and abilities, but they all seem to one universal trait...they are incredibly hostile, now the average and I use the term average here loosing "Entity" can be dispatched rather easily...but the unpredictable nature of what it can conjure is what makes it such a terrifying concept. Nullsig can just about throw any thing at you at a moments notice, it can control others, it can warp things, it can fusion technology and energy together it can spew creatures entirely made of Nullsig, it can play mind tricks, it can spawn monsters of disturbing origin the likes you can not comprehend and many more horrors lurk even unseen....Now I am not exactly one to say I believe in ghost and spirits but man....the voices I've heard and the images I've seen have proven other wise.

Once you get entangled with Nullsig, getting away from it is almost impossible, It's like the energy is...sentient...as if it can remember or adapt. It can stalker you, mess with your mind, it's a feeling I can not describe but I feel as if you can't escape from it. Once you confront it, its there until either you...or it is gone. The dark ones are a enemy that can not be reasoned with....they can not be bargained with....they don't feel pity...or fear...or remorse.....and they absolutely did not stop until they are destroyed..

One does not need to be gifted or imbued with sensing energy to understand just what kind of hell was created.....It was the nature of us to make monsters....and it was their nature to destroy us.

Here is a list of how we usually asses the nature of it should it ever return too this world...

Class 1 entity Dark one:
The lowest of the low basic formed creatures, don't really poses much power or strength, mostly mindless and just charge straight at you, easily put down through a bladed slash or well placed shots.

Class 2 entity Dark one:
Class 2's are a varied bunch while their appearances can vary wildly they are notably far stronger and faster then Class 1, They also seem to shower a higher intelligence, Class 2 entities also make up a great deal of the "Twisted" Those who were once alive and became consumed by the energy warping them into a nightmarish shadow of their former self and perhaps holding onto some remnants of their previous lives.

Class 3 entity Dark one: Class 3's are where the strange begins to take place Class three are the more paranormal anomalous beings sometimes called Poltergeists These appear to be almost entire distorting spheres of energy capable of lashing out with dangerous ranged attacks, further more Class 3 are the first weak class of being capable of using Psi energy, short for psychic. Class 3 are usually involved with unknown origin events begin to happen, sightings of strange images, interference with technology, and ghostly apparitions are all signs of Class 3 Dark one activity. Strangely given there Energy like form they can be taken out by conventional means.

Class 4 entity Dark one:
Class 4 entities are usually the large scale threats, a result of a vast quantity of the energy in a zone these monstrosities can reach heights of up to 12-15 feet and are incredibly powerful, able to sport close and range attacks. Class 4 entities usually take on shapes of more predator like creatures or monsters, endurance and speed are shockingly high as well as their ability to take punishment. Not bright but given the unpredictable nature of what a Class 4 can be in terms of effectiveness they are still very dangerous.

Class Cyber entity dark one: Not very common unless energy fall out has occurred near or around technology or machinery called Cybers these dark ones can be seen fused with robotics, weapons or other various pieces of tech, this combined with there super natural form make them quite the task to deal with as if Dark ones were not already  a force to be reckoned with these guys can have armour, weapons, enhanced robotics and more fused into their bodies, thankfully they were rare but posed a significant threat maybe even more the the Class 4.

Class 5 Harbinger entity dark one: One of the most terrifying and thankfully rare type of Dark one, the Harbinger class unlike the rest appears to take more humanoid shapes tho its origin is easily identified as Nullsig, it's hand like features seem to be swirling with a yet unknown variant of Nullsig energy like aura a odd fire orange color. What truly makes the Harbinger a force is its abilities, the Harbinger can use this aura to directly attack the minds of those in line of sight too it, being exposed could lead to dead, a high ringing pitch sound is heard before the wave comes. Breaking line of sight cuts its ability to do so.

Anomalies: A section to vast to explain in detail, anomalies are the result of nullsig energy residing in a area loosing creation anomalies with different properties, this can range widely but all seem to be usually revolving around clumps of energy that can change terrain, physics, elements and more.

The Harbinger is also capable of actually manipulating the vision of another, what may of been your friend is shown as a enemy almost controlling them to their side. Unlike other types Harbingers usually do not get stuck in and often linger around waiting to strike when it suits them the best, probably the most intelligent too date, often hiding and waiting too ambush, lurking in dark places unseen or turning allies against one another. Luckily I only encountered one such Class, able to defeat it through the use of cover and assistance.

So far that is all we could really put together...the issue is that Nullsig is capable of producing a wide variety of these...things and we might of just scratched the surface of what else it can warp it's the best I can for now there is still so much hidden out there we haven't uncovered....It's a horror I hope will never see the light of day again and remain in the dark...where it belongs.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down