Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

" The Tide" Dark ones

3 posters

Go down

" The Tide" Dark ones Empty " The Tide" Dark ones

Post by Shrike Marine Sat May 14, 2016 1:50 pm

The Dark ones, also known " The tide" Are extra dimensional beings that have come from a world that is consumed by madness and chaos, relishing in this and only this their soul desire and purpose is a to eliminate any thing that comes from another world regardless of who or what it may be, Dark ones vary in shape in size, the lessor beings being agile , humanoid , fast while the larger more powerful use sheer brute force and violent nature to rip apart their opponents. the origin of the Dark ones is a mystery but how they got here is only known to a few. 

Dark ones came into the plains of Mobius after a failed experiment known as Ark Gate failed, the device triggered a warp rift tearing open a portal into the unknown, unknown to the scientist this led straight into the realm of the tide. At first nothing seem to happen, in fact despite the horrific nature of the situation scientists manage to capture a few of these creatures to conduct , tests and research on them, figuring that there may be a possible way to control of use them. After discovering a method to sub due and control them, the scientists found a purpose to use them. As biological weapons, with their powers and unrelenting rage, they would defeat enemies swift and brutally.

Thus they began to weaponize the creatures, adding in cybernetics, attaching weapons and robotics. The end result was a force of murderous creatures with enough power to rival any thing in their path. 

Despite the progress they were tampering with the unknown, this would later result in a fail safe device in the gate way to fail, ripping open a portal back into the dimension, allowing legions of Dark ones to enter the facility and murder every thing on sight, It was then when Shrike and the other troops moved in to deal with the threat, even tho Shrike managed to beat them back the first time he failed to destroy the device. Thus due to the Rift event in random time intervals rifts opened up in reality allowing small forces of these creatures to enter the real world.
Behind closed doors. Project Ark continued as weaponizing of the creatures didn't seem to halt despite the horrors it caused. While scientists continue to work on the project, they seem to only encourage more creatures, as more creatures means more research, progress and profit.

Dark one abilities:
Each class entity has its own unique abilities, the Class 1 being the smaller humanoid like creatures can conjure spheres of energy in their hands and hurl them like projectiles, they are very fast and can move across objects.

Class 2 and 3 entities are larger resembling over sized hulking beasts that had a distinct pink skin and massive jaws, they charge and attack head on ripping any thing apart with their massive force. 

Class 4 entities are some kind of Dark one noble, tall 10 feet tall demons with enough strength to dislodge full trees out the earth with their bear hands, A Minotaur  like appearance with distinct green eyes make them a scary sight, They also can hurl large spheres of energy from the palm of their hands.

Class 5 entities , refereed to as Cyber ones, are the creatures who under went weaponization and thus have a mix of paranormal and advance tech, these creatures can employ various tech such as weapons , robotics or just normal cybernetic upgrades making them extremely dangerous, Giving tech to the Dark ones only further more improved their power.

Class 6 entity are the larger cybernetic creatures which received all 3 upgrades. These makes Class 6 extremely dangerous and difficult to deal with, they have all the perks of the Class 5 but are amped up, they also have been given increased intelligence allowing them to adapt to changing conditions.

Class 7 entity is a creature all on its own simply known as the redeemer it is a tall humanoid creature that has the ability to bring life back to fallen dark ones, other abilities include the power to teleport and cast huge streams of unknown origin energy blasts from its hands in a wave formation, highly dangerous but rare.

Class 8 These are the largest and rarest of the Dark ones, they tower over the lesser ones and are known to take entire attacks head on with out battering an eye lid, some received weapon attachments onto their bodies making them dangerous in every regard, Immune to most weapons but all but the biggest, They come in two forms, a towering 25 foot tall creature which is half machine and has a mounted multi purpose weapon as its left arm, While the second looks to resemble a robotic crab like creation fitted with a massive 8 barrel rotating cannon, little else is known of these creatures as there is only data files and no confirmed sightings.

Nature: Dark ones usually just have one goal and one goal only, However they are not crazy blood lust all the time, If some one agrees to help them in their role they may form an alliance to best benefit them self in the situation, Dark ones are capable of speech and have been known to speak to each other.

Locations: Dark ones usually enter Mobius from the out skirts of Station square, as the the device use to trigger the rift event has a limited range so does their ability to spawn in other places, this means only fairly small zone ever is threatened by the creatures, however once on the surface they are free to roam as far as they please.

Paranormal powers: It is believed that the dark ones do use a form of magic of unknown origin with several of their attacks and abilities, such as the Redeemers ability to return life to fallen dark ones, or lower and higher entity creatures summoning energy spheres in their hand. 

" The Tide" Dark ones LKbcCgT

Class 1 entity dark one aka Stalker.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

" The Tide" Dark ones Empty Re: " The Tide" Dark ones

Post by Dogy9978 Sat May 14, 2016 2:13 pm

Man these things are so cool. It's nice to know more about these things. That class 1 drawing is on point.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat May 14, 2016 2:18 pm

Thank you, I didn't draw the creature but I thought the design matched something you expect to see. I will bring them into detail a tiny bit more in the Rp.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat May 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Ok yeah, I thought so - Isn't this... literally just the plot of doom, but altered to fit on Mobius? Like even the art you used is concept art from the new game.

Like I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, Especially since you have altered it in such a way as to make it work fine and without worrying about the whole 'no crossover' thing, I just have to confess to being a little surprised is all.Not unpleasantly so, but surprised none the less.

I suppose then, for a few interested, that some of the other ones may [or may not, since you definetly have a few alterations in there] look a little like some of these guys.

Last edited by spark tb on Sat May 14, 2016 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat May 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Yep very similar aspect and behavior, some of the designs mimic that of Doom while some other ideas were be unique. Shrikes character is not based off the Doom character only his look is, As the protagonist for the games and books never had a character behind it. I have already come up with various ideas for unique and more interesting creatures, just not had the time to really go into detail, probably in the near future I will totally replace those creatures with unique ones to get more original. I just like the whole story behind these events and how ( in the first one) how it turned out, While its not totally original I just really liked how it was , the story and all and I felt like basing something like that with Shrike.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down