Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runaway Robot

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Runaway Robot Empty Runaway Robot

Post by Gamma V Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:16 am

I started an RP to introduce XM-01 after Aiden's New Kid RP kinda died.  He's currently about to wander into Westopolis on Christmas Eve since it was Christmas Eve IRL when the thread was posted.  People will no doubt be out and about doing last-minute shopping and the like.  What I'm hoping for is that someone notices him and perhaps really notices that he's non-hostile.

Of course, there should be conflict as the RP progresses.  Operatives of Machina, the group that created XM, should probably show up to try to capture him for debugging.  I created the Machina faction in the Fanmade Factions subforum, and it's open to others' characters.  GUN could also get involved due to XM's perceived threat.  If that happens, whoever befriends XM should probably try to convince the military that he's friendly.

Gamma V

http://gammafangirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Runaway Robot Empty Re: Runaway Robot

Post by imbadwithnames Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:33 am

I'd like to take part in this RP with my main faction, DVNz. There are 5 members total—Volt, Mirage, Overclock, Gust, and Alloy—that I wish to get involved. I only have bios finished for two of them (linked on the DVNz bio), so the other 3 may take a more passive role unless the situation calls for it. In any case, I'll most likely introduce them as the RP progresses instead of all at once, starting with Volt (since he's my main).

I really feel like things could get interesting if DVNz ends up helping XM, since they're at odds with G.U.N. and all. Could make for some nice conflict Wink
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:44 am

I just posted a bio for Dr. Reginald Koren, a psychopathic surgeon who works as a covert operative for Machina.  I'm thinking of having him "operate" on XM-01 should he fall into GUN custody if having connections between them and Machina is alright.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:37 pm

((Do you guys mind if I move the van-passing-by thing from my post before the last to my next post? I'm trying to make an opening for Mike, and as of now its kinda just there for no reason lol. If so, I think we should let him post afterwards. (Aaaand I also left out some important stuff last post, but I'll just call that an L on my part Runaway Robot Icon_razz.)

Also, can we please establish a turn order after this round? I really like where things are going, but I'm starting to get a little lost between expositions. A turn order I feel would help the plot develop more naturally.

Lastly, I'm just gonna post WIP bios for the rest of the DVNz members soon, for reference. I don't think it'll be long before it's time to introduce them. I'm really only missing bits and pieces from their backstories; the rest—appearance, personality, combat traits, etc.—will all be there.))
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by imbadwithnames Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:43 pm

((I think so, yea. How about Gamma, Mike, me, then Jared? If that's fine with everybody else, especially Gamma.))
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:27 pm

i'm fine with that order
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:35 am

Alright. So I guess we'll start following that after me and Jared's next posts then.
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 am

That'll work.

I'm considering bringing in another OC that is a bit unusual.  She's an AI in a mass-produced household appliance (ceiling fan) that would need another character to own her.  These fans would have a backdoor that would allow groups like Machina to use them as covert spying devices.  Due to a glitch in the learning algorithm that serves as the foundation of these fans' voice recognition program, some of these can become sentient if exposed to the right triggers.  I'd like to have XM befriend one of these at some point, which could bring Machina down on him.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:48 pm

That'd be interesting.  If they manage to turn XM evil, it could be either Amber or the fan girl who brings him back.

Regarding said fan girl, I'm thinking she would've been owned by Professor Mitsuda and would've been an early model of IntelliBreeze which lacked a Remote Reset function, which would allow outsiders, like Machina, to remotely wipe her memory and restore her to factory default settings.  Just before Mitsuda's death and Rocky's botnapping, she would've gone sentient from her interactions with the android.  What she saw and heard, though, would've caused her to become extremely withdrawn.  Either XM or Overclock would bring her out of her shell.  In return, if the bad guys manage to turn XM evil, she'll help bring him back.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:50 pm

Yeah.  I need to find a way of getting Rika (the fan) to them or getting them to the Mitsuda estate.  The latter could be an option if DVNz decides to do their own investigation into his death to learn more about Machina.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Jaredthefox92 wrote:...and offer assistance with their 'talents'.

Eh, I hate to play buzzkill but...I'm not really a big fan of involving sorcery and occultic stuff into an RP with this kind of venue, for personal reasons and for integrity of the sci-fi esque genre/theme. I mean, I don't have an issue whatsoever with including more people to side with Machina—as long as Machina continues to be the main threat—or them trying to turn XM evil, but I'd rather there not be anything that changes the feel of the plot, if that makes sense. 

Gamma V wrote:Yeah.  I need to find a way of...getting them to the Mitsuda estate...if DVNz decides to do their own investigation into his death to learn more about Machina.

That can be arranged Wink. I kinda have an idea how to work that out, but it might have some loose ends to tie up.
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:45 pm

Jaredthefox92 wrote:Honestly it can work..

Um...sorry but I don't really understand what the picture's supposed to represent lol. 

Jaredthefox92 wrote:(Also need I not remind you that Eggman is the smartest and most technologically advanced character in the Sonic series, yet he heavily relies on demons, magic emeralds, magic trinkets and conch shells, and all manner of supernatural being?)The Sonic universe is just filled with magic and fantasy in and of itself. 

I'm aware of this, I truly am. However, with this RP, there were no initial grounds to believe that things would go that way; otherwise, I would not have signed up because my characters are out-of-place in occult subject matters, let alone my personal convictions. The premise was initially established to be, as paraphrased from Gamma, to overthrow a secret organization of technology supremacists which operates by covert government and corporate manipulation, and that's currently hunting down a failed killer-AI to forward plans of creating a world where only machines exist. If this is true, then it's sort of like SkyNet meets Illuminati: I personally don't see how that points towards the use magic, sorcery, or occult themes, or how things could turn in that direction.

I'm just saying—and forgive me if I sound too assertive, I'm just simply voicing a concern, not trying to cause friction—I'm a little worried there's too big a mismatch between the elements you're trying to introduce and elements of what's been already established for the general plot direction. And I fear that that would affect my ability to actively participate for the reasons I've stated earlier.
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:34 am

TBH, Jared's characters seemed out of place in the RP to begin with.  Now that they're in it, though, I was figuring Machina could have some connection to their organization, perhaps as a heretic group.  Amber even wondered if Adeptus Mechanica was a sort of "Anti-Machina" when David told her about it and their "Machine God."  Machina could be aligned with what they view as "Machine Satan."

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:48 am

Gamma V wrote:...I was figuring Machina could have some connection to their organization, perhaps as a heretic group.  Amber even wondered if Adeptus Mechanica was a sort of "Anti-Machina" when David told her about it and their "Machine God."  Machina could be aligned with what they view as "Machine Satan."
Yea, like, if we're simply speaking about matters of alignment, I'm totally fine with that. If Adeptus is simply there to try and protect a peaceful robot they heard was on the loose, feeling it's their duty as "ambassadors" of a "machine god" they believe in or otherwise, I don't mind that at all. I just have an issue with adding subject matter that clashes with the original premise of the RP.
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:54 am

That's...nice and all, but what does that have to do with Machina? Or, more directly, what does that have to do with what has already been established as the direction of this RP? It seems like you're trying to shift the focus into a Warhammer 40k crossover...and aren't crossovers against the rules in the first place?
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:19 am

Ok...then that brings me back to my prior two questions: what does that have to do with Machina, let alone the direction of the RP? Crossover or not, that still seems far from what has already been established as this RP's core premise, and I still don't see how it fits in this kind of theme/setting...
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next