Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Square Anime and Gaming EXpo 2016!

3 posters

Go down

Station Square Anime and Gaming EXpo 2016! Empty Station Square Anime and Gaming EXpo 2016!

Post by Storm Wave Thu May 19, 2016 8:31 pm

((EDIT 3-27-17 I am reviving this idea))

Welcome to SSAGEX 2016
, Station Square's premier Anime and Gaming festival! For one WILD and CRAZY weekend, the halls of the Emerald Coast International will be your ticket to the biggest geek culture convention in the region!

~Struggle to breathe in our overly crowded vendor hall! Featuring overpriced merchandise that you're going to huck in the closet as soon as you get home, anyway!

~Or visit our Artists Alley, full of poor schmucks who are just hoping to sell enough of their handmade wares to at least break even on the cost of their table spot!

~Cram yourself into our undersized arcade to play some of the cheapest best arcade cabinets out there! Including five duplicates of the same fighting game!

~Attend a multitude of fan panels catering to whatever weird niche you fall into. Shipping? We got it! Yaoi? Yeah boyee! A postmodern interpretation of some eclectic and obscure cyberpunk anime from the 80s that nobody but a handful of people remember? I mean... yeah, we've got one of those. We have everything!
**Anyone attending an 18+ Panel must present an ID. We're only warning you once!

Special guests!
~Five overworked and underpaid voice actors
~A lazy Japanese comic artist who hasn't made a new chapter for two years
~Some guys who have a youtube channel where they make dirty jokes while playing videogames
~And many more!

So, I had this idea for an RP setting. The premise was to affectionately make fun of convention culture and all of its trappings, both good and bad. Also, it would be a vehicle to develop characters' personalities outside of existential threats or rip-roaring adventure.

OF COURSE... in order to make this RP more appealing to those who like existential threats and rip-roaring adventure, some sort of calamity has to befall our beloved city in order for our cosplaying heroes to show their stuff. And for that, I'll need some help from the other members of the board.

Bear in mind, this RP is supposed to be humorous and light-hearted, so we're not looking for demons or bloody deathgore darkness, or guns and stuff. I just need something to spice up an otherwise typical convention. So if you have an idea, I'm all ears, because I'm really hoping I can develop this setting into something ^^;

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.

Last edited by Storm Wave on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Station Square Anime and Gaming EXpo 2016! Empty Re: Station Square Anime and Gaming EXpo 2016!

Post by The Red Blur Thu May 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Wait. Could an OC potentially be one of these overworked and underpaid voice actors?
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Station Square Anime and Gaming EXpo 2016! Empty Re: Station Square Anime and Gaming EXpo 2016!

Post by Storm Wave Fri May 20, 2016 9:02 am

No definite plans in terms of guests right now, but I'll think about it in the future. I'm more interested in figuring out some sort of conflict to inject into this RP.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Tue May 31, 2016 3:53 pm

This sounds very.. interesting. First off: How many people did you want in this RP? Is it going to be a fairly small group or maybe a somewhat larger? Because I can imagine that when you're at a convention you'd expect quite a few people. 

Secondly: When this is going to be a real RP, I'll sure be one of the people who'd like to participate in this. A good opportunity for Dione to get out of the house (Of course getting dragged along by her family) and maybe get rid of some of that shyness of hers x3
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Tue May 31, 2016 7:03 pm

I really had no solid idea for how many people were needed. Considering it's a convention, the crowd would mostly be NPCs, and characters wouldn't even need to interact directly if they didn't want to, but it would be encouraged.

I want to start it as an RP, but I'm a bit stuck, as I want something interesting to happen to spice things up, but I haven't yet figured out what that something will be. A monster attack? Robots? A wizard? I don't know, but I want something to give an opportunity to a bunch of nerds in cosplay to be heroes.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:54 pm

Hmm wizard... Makes me think of one of the somewhat newer members here! JakeCherryWizardhog is his name, I believe so. Maaaybe you could talk to him about something to give you some ideas. I'll also leave one below, just to maybe help you with ideas c:

Somewhere between realities (I have no idea how big conventions can get so I just assumed this could be a small convention, correct me when I'm wrong)
Alright, so you mentioned before that you were looking for some kind of 'event' to get things going. I was thinking (And it might be a stupid idea) but maybe there's a way of creating a scene where one by one the cosplayers would start to disappear until only a bunch of them are left (say 60 out of 250 people). Of course this is a freaky and scary situation and a sense of panic starts to become greater and greater. People try to get out of the place as quickly as possible, leaving some people behind (Maybe someone was getting something to drink but got lost or perhaps a few were at the toilets. Many different options to stay behind). When these people get back to the central place/hall/whatever, they see that everyone has left and go out to search for them. These people could be the RP'ers, giving them the opportunity to think creatively and let their characters figure out what's going on together. 

As for where the people who disappeared went I have no further ideas, I thought that could be one of those things that could be fun to make up during the RP. I thought that if you would want to use this concept you could make your first post about the convention (where is it, what does the place look like) and let the people who want to join post. Then slowly you can get the progress of disappearance starting and from then on you can just see what happens with everyone involved with their own ideas and creative sollutions.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:36 am

This topic has been on the backburner long enough. Having failed to think of some sort of interesting twist to what happens at this con, I think it's just going to be a whatever social RP where we make up our own crazy adventures. So I'll revive this topic to see if anyone has ideas, or is interested in being into what amounts to a convention RP.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down