Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 2 Potential Rearrangements

5 posters

Go down

Should the Judges be allowed to adjust the bracket to arrange upcomng match-ups?

Round 2 Potential Rearrangements GDMEGbg69%Round 2 Potential Rearrangements 0lNb1KJ 69% 
[ 11 ]
Round 2 Potential Rearrangements GDMEGbg0%Round 2 Potential Rearrangements 0lNb1KJ 0% 
[ 0 ]
Round 2 Potential Rearrangements GDMEGbg0%Round 2 Potential Rearrangements 0lNb1KJ 0% 
[ 0 ]
Round 2 Potential Rearrangements GDMEGbg31%Round 2 Potential Rearrangements 0lNb1KJ 31% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 16

Round 2 Potential Rearrangements Empty Round 2 Potential Rearrangements

Post by Dregan Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:25 pm

So! Whilst we're judging for Round 1, we're also gonna be taking up the time to start preparing Round 2. However, before we get onto that... well, I have a very important question for all of you.
Basically, it's come to our attention that there are a few matches certain people would very much like to see occur in the tournament. Not all of them may be possible of course, however some of them may be, wiiith some slight adjustment of the bracket.
Now, of course, the bracket has been sorta kept secret up to this point. As such, I realise I could just do some rearranging without anyone ever knowing. Unfortunately, I'm all about honesty and integrity, and I don't want to be fiddling with the bracket if people would prefer to retain the random nature of all match-ups.
Do keep in mind however, if I am rearranging or swapping people, it will never shift people's current stance in the tournament - people who have their victories will still be in good standing, those who get bys for rounds meanwhile will only be able to swap with those who have had bys for the same round. As such, noone will gain an inherent advantage or disadvantage from rearrangements - they may just wind up against different opponents to those we currently have them listed against.

So yes, in the end I didn't want to go playing around with things in the background without your input, knowledge or consent. So, what do you guys think. Should we rearrange?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Round 2 Potential Rearrangements Empty Re: Round 2 Potential Rearrangements

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:35 pm

As it stands, there's only one match I can think of that would come as a result of this vote. I think that the random nature of things would make it more interesting than a predictable nature.

Besides, ending the feud so early? Let that boil over the edge and then end it, because the build up is what would make this so great and there's been barely any so far. Maybe that's why I feel so far removed from all of the drama. There's no... build up. So it just wouldn't be as interesting.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:40 pm

The only issue with allowing it to build up, is it assumes they'll both make it to further rounds to allow it to happen. Plus, I know a few people have their eyes on certain opponents just in terms of who they'd be interested in fighting and who they think would provide interesting outcomes from backstory perspectives.
Still, as you say, for feud-like things, it may feel a little... rushed. Unfortunately, it may be either that ooor never happening at all. Though if this does fail to go through, may organise some grudge-match type dealios for the end of the tournament for those interested.
We shall see! Topic's mainly up due to quite a few people contacting me talking about whether or not I could do this. Thought I'd get a more generalised view from everyone.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Okay so as everyone knows I'm incredibly biased about this whole thing. Because I have an opponent I want my character to fight, and I don't really think I need to say it if people are reading the discussions and the Lounge. And see, while I would love a build-up that's significantly more than what is currently, that may not be possible as Dregan stated. The fighter may lose, get DQd, and that build-up could fall flat because this is, in the end, a tournament. In the end, we're all competing against each other, and I understand that picking and choosing fights isn't fair for others. I like the randomised part of it, because it's fair.

However, maybe it's only an exception to swap around if it's because of RPs within the tournament? Feuds may not be possible because of others losing yes, but it's still best to have something than be disappointed. Plus, this whole thing feels more like one huge RP than just a writing contest, which is absolutely fantastic!

So yes, I entirely understand why people don't want to, and hell, I'd feel the same... if I wasn't personally motivated to get what I want, whoops.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Personally, I'd leave things as they have been initially laid out.

I usually find it more interesting to let things unfold in a more natural fashion rather than trying to force certain events to happen. That's kind of the difference between role playing and story writing in my view.

I can imagine that at least one of the requested matches wouldn't be nearly as demanded as it is now if things hadn't been allowed to play out as they had during the first round. Smile I'm pretty sure that it's a result of one of the matches not playing out in the expected way.

Sometimes you shouldn't try to micromanage the story details, rather let things play out and see how it unfolds.

If some of these anticipated matches should fail to occur here that might be unfortunate, but given that this is an rp forum, there should always be opportunities for those fights to happen. It's just that they might be in a different venue and perhaps with different rules.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Zhavanx Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:54 am

I would say something, but Spek & CSO already said the thoughts I had X3
Blitz Zhavanx
Blitz Zhavanx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content