Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Disappearing City

+3
Froshana
Uncanny-Illustrator
Blitz Zhavanx
7 posters

Go down

The Disappearing City Empty The Disappearing City

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:41 pm

A city said to appear and disappear without warning or trace in places a city never was. That was what the rumors said though nobody could firmly deny or confirm any of this. Something of an urban legend.

An urban legend that stood tall in the forest not too far off from Station Square. Not having been there the day before at all though. It had been like it appeared from one night onto the next.

Those who dared to approach it would not be welcomed by something spooky, oh no. Instead it seemed the entire city was stuck in an endless fall, the warm orange, red and yellow leafs on the trees that seemed to still be firmly attached. And honestly, it looked rather inviting with the houses each seeming to be of kinds of warm tinted woods. Though more towards the middle of the city were the big ones, the skyscrapers in warm brick.

But still with how warm and inviting it was, there still was something...off in the air. Something unnatural. Which might come from the large amount of mobians in the city with piercing white eyes.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

The Disappearing City Empty Re: The Disappearing City

Post by Froshana Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:42 pm

Morning awesome followers! Check out this awesome breakfast burrito! Location pinpointed so more can come and try this restaurant! Share pics with @TheStarCrusades if you come here too!! Anywho! Investigating rumors about a city that randomly appears and disappears today! Super spooky right??? lol Will update more when I find something! ;P (PS @sleepingdelilah Wish you were here!)

This was the post most recently shared on a couple of her favorite social media websites. The picture of the meal that was included in the post had been taken about an hour and a half ago.

Now, the little Klee Kai was trekking through the forest, casting an occasional glance to her GPS to keep her headed in the direction she had heard this mysterious city was last spotted. It was simply by sheer luck it seemed that she happened to be passing through Station Square when rumors started to spread about a city appearing overnight from thin air. There were some bits and pieces of an urban legend about the place, but nothing really enough to satisfy the dog's curiosity.

She had set out from her hotel this morning with little more than her typical backpack, her GPS on her belt, cell phone and, of course, one of her somewhat more durable cameras. The camera was currently hanging from a strap around her neck. She would occasionally raise it to snap photos of areas of the forest she found interesting and the like, but it mostly just bounced along against her middle with each step.

However, it was while stopping to take a photo of the way the sun shone through the foliage of the trees that she saw... something... Definitely not plant life. Was that a tall building in the distance? The camera was lowered and the dog picked up her pace, peering eagerly through the forest. There was definitely something up ahead! She could see smaller buildings that were closer and then what could be skyscrapers farther away.

She finally emerged out of the forest and paused there to take in the sight that greeted her. Her silver eyes were looking over every detail that she could see. She rested one paw on her camera, intending to take a picture once she stopped gawking, of course.

Had she really found the city people were murmuring about? The Klee Kai couldn't stop her curled tail from wagging a bit. This was going to be a great story for her blog!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Zhavanx Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:29 pm

VVvrrrrrr A motorcycle, more specifically a Chopper-Bike, with a Fire and Molten Rock theme all over it rode down the path to the strange city, the driver's curiosity was peeked. The biker, with a full blown-out biker look, was named Sizam Wrinl - Mercenary with loyalties to a few select people. Known as 'Hell's Wrath' for good reason, Sizam can literally control fire with her mind. Why she was heading to a paranormal city was anyone's guess, her sister told her something that always influenced the Red British Hedgehog:

Find your desires one by one. If you find them at once, you are insane; find them never, you are ignorant. Find one, you can see how you will live. For me, technology and the Cyberverse are my current desire, they help me focus on my goal. If I knew more I'd be doing so many things I'd get nothing done. For you, adventure is your desire. So go on, do alot, learn new things, and solve mysteries. Be who you are, an curious explorer. The world relies on people like you to know new things, push their limits, and the rest follow you. - Blitz Feral Zhavanx 

So following her sisters advice, Sizam travels to do what she loves, and this city had her curious.
Blitz Zhavanx
Blitz Zhavanx

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:46 pm

It was all but quiet and calm, at least till the first of the two made their way into the city's boundaries. It was almost like a wave as the people closed to where they entered the boundaries perked up first, their white eyed gazes in their direction. And the action spread, further and further away. It was the fact that they could only see so far but one could swear the entire population was just looking at the two newcomers.

A silent gaze for a good solid minute before finally the people seemed to get back to what they were doing one by one. With the exception of one of them who got up and made their way in the general direction of the newcomers.

This person was a woman of the aquatic variety. No clear single species that could be made up, instead a mix of at least a koi and an orca if judged by their markings. Their colors a mix of purples and pinks. All dressed in a flowing dress that looked like the ocean waves themselves.

It was with firm steps that she walked in the direction of the two newcomers before speaking up with a solid clear voice. "What brought you here?"
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:26 pm

Of course, when she suddenly found herself on the receiving end of countless piercing white-eyed stares, the tail wagging slowed to a stop and the Klee Kai paused.

'Oh...'

She could hear a motorcycle from nearby, coming down a path she had completely missed, apparently, but her gaze didn't wander from the citizens of this city. It was a highly awkward minute and the dog shifted uncomfortably, eventually raising up one paw and offering a half-hearted wave.

"Hhhiiiii...?"

As the people began to go back to their previous activities, the canine relaxed slightly. That was definitely uncomfortable. She glanced down to her camera and was just raising it up to take a photo when she noticed someone approaching.

'Oh wow.'

The Klee Kai found this woman to be very beautiful, if only in her opinion. Aquatics seemed all too rare to meet, after all and she rather blatantly stared at her. Once spoken to, however, the dog snapped out of her little moment and she offered a smile, walking forward to meet the woman.

Her camera was lowered and the dog gave a reply of, "Hi there! My name is Reena and I'm just out here checking out some silly rumors." She wasted little time in starting to ask questions, too. "What's the name of this place? And you! Er, I mean, what's your name?"
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy The Wolf Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:59 pm

I fly over the trees and look at my phone. The social media sites where exploding over the mysterious city. " City out a no where?" I turn around and see a building peak on the horizon. "Hmm sound like fun better than starting at papers all day" I fly toward the city excitedly.
Galaxy The Wolf
Galaxy The Wolf

http://spiderfiles.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Zhavanx Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:02 am

Well, this isn't awkward at all. "Name's Sizam Wrinl. I am merely an explorer and this place is new to me. Was hoping I could take a look around for a bit before going on my way." Fat lie. Believable, but no way to know it was a lie from the British hedgehog, thanks to years of practice.
Blitz Zhavanx
Blitz Zhavanx

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:09 pm

It had been another long stretch of travel for the wolf. He'd left his last bastion of civilization about ten days prior, and had made the journey on foot as was normal for him. It had been quiet as well. He considered that a benefit in his travels. Any day where there were no problems or surprises was always considered a good one.

It tended to be lonely though... Of course, years of this sort of trip had made the wolf tolerant of those sorts of drawbacks.

But today... it seemed that things would be different. Shortly after he'd awoken that morning, the wolf had studied the landscape ahead of him and spotted a city in the distance.

That came as something as a surprise for the wolf... which immediately worried him a little. He hadn't expected to be ahead of his anticipated arrival time. He wasn't expecting to see signs of a city ahead until much further into the day, at the earliest.

He wasn't sure whether to accept this as a stroke of good fortune or a potentially ill omen. He wouldn't find out until he got there of course. So, hours ago he had set out to do just that.

Finally, he drew close to the edge of the city. It was only a few minutes walk now, and he uses this time as he had for most of the last hour to survey his destination and take note of anything he could.

At first, he only noticed little activity. Seemingly the day to day actions of the inhabitants. Then he noticed that everyone seemed to turn, not all at once, but in small groups, to look off in another direction. The wolf took note of that odd action, but had no idea what it would signify.

Instead, he adjusted his bags he was carrying while he closed the remaining distance to the edge of the city, and finally set foot inside of its perimeter.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy The Wolf Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:16 pm

I land in the center of the city. "This is a strance place...this wasn't originally here....right?" The White eyed citizens turn and glare at me. I freeze and strare at them and the look away and continue on there way. "Whoah...that's weird...something strange is up with this place...I don't know what..." I look over and sees some none strange people. I run over. "Oh hey!"
Galaxy The Wolf
Galaxy The Wolf

http://spiderfiles.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:59 am

The aquatic woman calmly looked between Sizam and Reena. She opened her mouth to speak as two more people seemed to draw near, one even directly engaging them in conversation. Politely greet, then answer questions, yes good plan.

The white eyes of the woman settled on Jet. "Greetings, what is your name and purpose to visit this city?" A small twitch in her body as she spoke up loud enough. "Same question goes to you wolf stranger."  How she knew they had entered the city without even seeing them was a mystery if any. But regardless, with the proper greetings and main questions towards them out of the way, it was time to actually answer the questions they had asked before that rude interruption.

Her full attention to Reena first, she had been the first one to ask questions so it was only right to answer her inquiries first. "Greetings Reena." The aquatic woman started. "I am Ceto and will be the one you can ask questions to in this city of Mortis. So if you have anymore questions you are free to ask and I will answer as much as I am..." A small pause as she tilted her head, waiting like she was listening to somebody else. "As much as I am able to answer at least."

Their attention now on Sizam. "You are free to explore the main streets. Though we do request you do not leave those. Nobody likes nosy people." At least it wasn't meant mean, mostly not with how warm the woman smiled to her.

#Also @Jet, try not to multi post between my ones, please :c#
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:00 am

"Mortis...?" the Klee Kai repeatedly quietly, more to herself than to anyone else. She didn't ask any further questions yet, despite the many forming in her mind already.

Instead, her gaze shifted over to the first hedgehog and, oooh, her motorcycle! Reena was never one to try and hide her ogling and ogle she did as she looked over Sizam and her motorcycle, taking in the details of both of them.

She was only able to do this for a few moments before her attention was drawn away to two others also here. Another hedgehog, it seemed? She watched him suddenly come running over, greeting everyone. At least he was friendly! However, she didn't just yet make a move to reply, only offering a pleasant smile in his direction.

Finally--Wait, there was no third person. Well, none that Reena could see from where she currently stood at least. This aquatic woman, Ceto...? Something like that. She seemed to be aware of someone else and had called out to them. A wolf from the sound of it.

Reena couldn't help but find it amazing how they had all come here at the exact same time. How wonderfully coincidental!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Speaking of coincidences, have another entering this grand and autumn city! And what a peculiar person this was. In fact, they seemed more alien if anything, because you certainly couldn't pinpoint their species. Their fur, no, skin was black, or at least a very very dark navy blue, but they did however have a little bit of fur on their chest. What was odd was that they had various blue markings on their arms and wrists. What was odder was that their eyes had two blue pupils. Standing at the vague height of just 'short', this odd being walked forward towards the group.

"Er, hello!" the weird creature began, their accent indistinguishable but at their words were easy to understand, "Sorry, is this a tour of the city? Do you mind if I join in?" he asked.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Zhavanx Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:23 am

Well, shit. Was hoping for some alone time here. Fate doesn't like me, at all. "Just let me do my thing and we'll be on good terms. Also, fuck tours." Sizam hated socializing with people she doubted were ever going to meet again. She kept to herself as she brought her sunglasses up to her forehead to reveal fire-red eyes, and parked her bike. 

Suddenly, a chain wrapped around the bike with seemingly to pad, lock, and key. The weirdest thing was that it was literally made of molten rock and slightly on fire. Sizam reached into her side-mounted bike compartment and brought out four strange looking devises and plopped two on her boosts and two on her wrists before checking to see if everyone had split yet. Unfortunetaly not yet.
Blitz Zhavanx
Blitz Zhavanx

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:53 am

"Huh... a welcoming committee. Never encountered one of those before." the wolf says, "Well... at least none that spoke first anyway."

He looks towards the individual addressing him.

"I'm just known as Wolf, and my purpose here... is really just to figure out where I am, where will be a good destination from here and then leave." he replies, "I don't suppose you could address those first two issues, could you?"

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:03 am

As the small group continued to chat among themselves, a small sound could be heard. It was a sort of... ruffling sound, not dissimilar to the ruffling of clothes. A keen ear would perhaps pick out a slightly rythmic jangling, set to the beat of a slightly off-kilter thumping - a keener mind could put all that together into the idea of an individual running it's way onto the scene.
Of course, it wasn't too long before the sound of panting overlayed the sound of motion - the source of the noise coming into view. Charging his way towards the city was... what appeared to be a somewhat middle-aged mutt. A particularly scruffy individual, in not exactly the best of shape, he'd seemed to've decided on a pleasant jumper for the occasion - the sort that only people over a certain age ever seemed to own - overlayed with a long trailing coat one would more likely expect to see in noir fiction than on an actual person. The coat's purpose seemed to be to partially conceal a holster he had strapped across his chest - gun currently clearly visible to his right size as the jacket's length billowed behind him.

Finally reaching what could be judged as the city's limits, he gave a slight jump up, before landing triumphantly over the border, legs and arms going wide to apparently steady himself, and establish himself fully as 'within Mortis territory'. Legs still wide, he sorta turned on the spot slightly, almost crab-walking around, before jumping up-and-down on the spot. As if trying to establish the physical presence of the ground beneath his feet.
"Ahah, it's still here!" he declared loudly, apparently not yet having taken any real notice of the others around him. Standing up straight, his hand shot to his ear. In it appeared to be a small blu-tooth earpiece, which he soon began talking to;
"I've made it Ali, the city's still here! I'm inside it right now!" With a wide grin, he spun on the spot, taking the whole place in. The architecture, the trees, the group at the entrance who were probably all staring at him right now, the-

Oh. Oh, wait.

"Ah, hello there!" his hand shot to the back of his head awkwardly, "I apologise, I wasn't interupting anything there was I?"
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Zhavanx Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:59 pm

"Nope. Just move along, people." Sizam blankly said as she hauled a bag over shoulder. One of those cylindrical shaped ones with a single stap and two handles on either side. "just don't socialise too much, might lose your pride and some brain cells from it." She mumbled as she began to walk down the street toward a few shops.
Blitz Zhavanx
Blitz Zhavanx

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:15 pm

"Mortis is correct yes." She replied to the canine that was talking more to herself. "Like I said feel free to a-." And a dramatic stop as their white eyed gaze settled on the navy blue creature. Silence, like she was progressing something in her mind before she finally spoke. A nervous tone lingering in her voice though as she attempted to sound as welcoming as she could. "Ah hello Boa. We...we didn't quite expect you here today." She said as she lightly clasped her hands together and give a small smile at him. "It's not a tour per say but....I suppose it could become one..." Another odd silent pause as she tilted her head. "It can be a tour yes."

Her focus on Shizam now. "Like I stated before, you are free to explore as long as you keep on the main streets." Those white eyes following them as she headed off because another canine had joined within city limits. "Please for your own safety Miss." What else could the aquatic woman do? She couldn't quite go and tie her down or whatever, a warning and calm request was the best she could do.

And finally her focus went to the man who was jumping up and down and generally being a tad..odd. "Ah uhm no sir, you were not interrupting." A sheepish smile curled on her lips. "I was just generally greeting the newly arrived into here."
----
Please try not to double post in between my posts :c
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:04 am

((Hoy, coulda had this post up, like, 12+ hours ago if work didn't decide to switch my days off and hold me hostage until 1am, sorry, dudes. Less sorry about how long this post is. There's so much going on! owo))

Before any further distractions could pop up, the canine raised up her camera and snapped a picture of the city before her. She tried to not make it easy to tell that she had included Ceto in the corner of the photo as well. Her camera was lowered again and Reena's focus fell back to the apparent greeter of Mortis.

When the aquatic cut herself off with a pause and seemed to be looking somewhere past the current small group of people present, the dog turned to peer over her shoulder. Her gaze settled on this highly unusual character just as they began to speak. Although her eyes sparkled with curiosity at their most fascinating appearance, her mind also immediately went to work to try and place the newcomer's accent. A blunt response from the hedgehog who'd introduced herself as Sizam drew a short glance from Reena. Yeah, her accent was much easier to place. Before she could mentally comment on the hedgehog's attitude, however, she was distracted by a seemingly random display of Sizam's abilities.

Ugh, Reena was always jealous of people with powers. Lucky ducks.

She was zoning out, imagining how badass it could be to have awesome powers, when a somewhat familiar voice came from somewhere nearby. The Klee Kai blinked twice and perked up her ears before turning her head in the direction of the voice. No way, could it actually be...?

She still couldn't see him as he hadn't moved into her line of sight yet, but how likely was it that she'd end up in the same supposedly mysterious city as someone with that voice who also called himself Wolf? The dog was just about to head that way to investigate her suspicions, also taking notice of the mention that this could turn into a very convenient tour of the city, when another rapidly approaching series of sounds made her pause. She turned around again. So many things going on, tugging her attention all over the place!

Another canine burst from the woods that seemed to surround this city. Reena watched this rather amusing display as he took absolutely no note of being stared at by the group that had come together here on the city's edge. By the time he did notice them all, the little Klee Kai was smiling with one paw up by her muzzle like she was trying to stifle an urge to giggle. The smile faltered for a moment at yet another snide comment from Sizam. She made a note to just keep away from that one.

With two more arrivals now added into the group they were quickly forming here now acknowledged, Reena glanced back over her shoulder. Oh right, she might even already know one of them! She decided to stick with the group, though, and see if her ability to remembers voices was right or not...
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down