Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTT Discussion Thread

+14
Ryder the hedgehog
Froshana
Envy the Jealous
Dregan
spark tb
Spekkal
DeuxExDimensia
Uncanny-Illustrator
Sparknish
Blitz Zhavanx
ChaoticBou
Caliburn
C.S.O.
Midknight
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TTT Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TTT Discussion Thread

Post by Froshana Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:18 am

I am actually kinda curious about something! Is there going to be a set amount of time between each round, like a week or so, to allow the judges time to go through each fight and do their judging?

And then in terms of beginning the second round of fights, while I know that there'll be an opportunity for people to wrap up each fight after the judging is done if they want to, will there actually be another set time period for them to do so and determine a victor or will someone end up just proceeding based on what the judges say after a set amount of time so the tournament isn't held up by any fights that either get really drawn out or don't continue getting posted in frequently?

Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere else. I probably read it and then just totally blanked out about it. -w-;;; But I was just curious to know! owo
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:09 pm

For time between rounds... it does depend how long it takes for judgement. Personally I'm trying to keep my judging within a week, to try and keep things moving and such, but unfortunately can't make promises for the other judges. As far as I'm aware it's their first time doing an event which sorta works like this, and I maaay've set a bad example by making my own judgement big walls of text, which they don't really have to do. But I do worry I put them off a bit. << >>
Still I trust them to get through things in relatively decent time. Don't wanna leave the people waiting!

In terms of the wrap-up opportunity, no time limit on that really. Judging has sorta already determined a winner, so we can carry on regardless, however the topics from the previous round will stay and remain open for people who do want to sorta determine how the conclusion of their combat was actually reached. So yeah, no time limit on that, people may just have to anticipate a bit of time-overlap in the RPs and such.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:00 pm

I might of oped for Shrike to take part but it would go against his fighting style and use heavy weaponry so it would not make much sense.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:14 pm

Spekkal wrote:
Amber Dark wrote:Yeah, I would really appreciate if Amber could be placed in a fight more earlier, because I have no clue how to respond to anything going on in the lounge, and this isn't going as well as I imagined.  :'( tears
'No clue how to respond to anything in the lounge'
You do know that multiple characters have addressed yours, right? That's not the TTT's fault, that's you being unable to respond to situations given to you. Seriously. I'll even QUOTE everything which was addressed to your character, that was never returned. You have PLENTY to respond to.Hell, you had THE FIGHTS THEMSELVES to tralk about, but considering you had your character fall asleep instead of comment, makes me wonder if you even read them at all. Anyway, let me give you quotes of everyone who's addressing Amber;

https://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com/t3534p105-the-lounge#173901
Dregan wrote:"Because..." he spoke up, finally in response to the young woman, "Because in a sports event he just kneecapped someone with a shotgun, then whilst they were defenseless attempted to incinerate them...?" He lowered his voice slightly to the young woman;
"If I were you, I'd avoid going close to him. He's dangerous..."

https://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com/t3534p105-the-lounge#173917
Envy The Jealous wrote:He turned towards Amber, he was silent, waiting for the seemingly inevitable rejection of himself.

You have a summary of what Envy did. And you have Envy turning directly to Amber. So really, you have plenty to respond to if you're bored.
How exactly is it not going the way you imagined? It's only the first round. And the RP in the Lounge is there to keep people busy and interacting. Plus, there's reading the fights themselves. It was simply luck of the draw that you couldn't fight on the first round, but you will on the second.

Sorry Spekal, if I made you angry or upset in anyway, it's just that at the time I was trying reply, I wasn't quite thinking anything out. It that meaning that I was being stupid somewhat and hadn't thought about what I wrote. I am not a very detailed or great roleplayer, by any means, it's just that I was having trouble comprehending all that was going on. Sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:25 pm

Judgement is complete. Oh god, that was harder than I thought. Especially the last fight, where it seems I wound up being the soul deciding factor in terms of the winner - which genuinely came as a surprise to me too, because I thought until I totted it up that my overall would lean in favour of the opposite competitor - to the exact same 0.5 degree.

Still, moving on, we have the next round to start arranging and writing up starters for... aaand this leaves us with an issue. Y'see, if we don't get set up like... basically immediately, we're gonna wind up probably having Round 2 run THROUGH Christmas, or if any later, potentially through New Year. Obviously, people are gonna be... very busy at this time, and I don't want them stressing out over the tournament when they've already holidays to stress out over.
As such... well, I'm taking it to you guys on what you think. Should we put things on pause til the holidays are out the way? Should we rush things and try to get started in the next couple of days so that this next round will end just before Christmas? I'm open to suggestions.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:29 pm

I would suggest a pause for rounds! A lot of people, as you said, are gonna be busy. It's best to let it pace than rush - we want everyone to have an equal chance.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:32 pm

Yeah, I think a pause is much needed around this time, as people are likely to be busy for multiple reasons, even. If we take it slow now, people will be more likely to be on their A game for the second round.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:33 pm

I don't think closing the tournement for the holidays is... really needed, unless a lot of people are heading off on holidays. Perhaps extend the round time to two weeks, but otherwise I really don't think it's an issue otherwise... I mean, it's only a handful of days, otherwise.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:37 pm

Personally think to power onward without pause.
As pausing it could make the entire tournament lose momentum and people might lose motivation.

Plus a number of people have their holiday breaks which gives them quite the time despite holidays happening.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:40 pm

Why not open the rounds, but extend the deadline for matches? Give two weeks for the matches, and maybe extend them further if needed.

And... I hesitate to ask this because it doesn't matter in terms of the results, but would the judges be willing and able to judge Wolf vs Envy?

I'm thinking of this in terms of the fact that everyone moving on to the second round has had their match looked at and gotten feedback on their writing for the second round except Envy. If needed, it might allow him to adjust his writing for the next round. I will admit I'm curious to hear opinions on how my writing was too.

Just wanted to throw this out there and see what you might think about it.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:46 pm

I won't make promises - certainly won't make promises for the other judges - but we may take a look and do it individually if any of us so choose. Unfortunately with the numbers we have however, we're still going to wind up with a few people who've been judged and had feedback against a number who have yet to fight and thus haven't had feedback themselves, so that may be the case for some people either way. As I say, we'll look into it, but I'll probably give some time before I do if that's the case, because if I'm honest my own approach to judging takes... anywhere from 2 hours or above to get sorted through. For me, it was less an intent of giving people feedback, and more so I could justify my scores to people so we didn't have anyone coming up asking why we'd scored them so lowly when they throught their own work was amazing.
Sooo... yeah, if he goes unjudged, he won't be in that boat alone. Still, will maybe see what I can do given time, once I've started making arrangemenets for the actual continuation of events.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:51 pm

Certainly. I was curious, but I know it's not required or urgent in this case.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Good luck to everyone in Round 2! I hope you all do your very best!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:49 pm

Well guys, we're through the extension time! Some of you have made real use of it, some of you... not so much. We're now down to the standard week of time that this round was intially meant to run, so good luck!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:17 am

Okay but I just want to say, finally I'm no longer double-posting...
That I support the Froshana x Sora (Frosora) ship and I fully expect it to happen or for them to kiss or something as the TTT goes on.
Don't disappoint me, guys.

Oh and uh, good luck guys I guess!!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy the Jealous Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:55 am

Whut? I have no idea what's going on ._.
Envy the Jealous
Envy the Jealous
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Being jealous of all the great artists on this site >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:42 am

Oh ho my god, so I'm not the only one who thought it! Ha!
Gotta admit, there's something going on there?? Can't make any promises on the hedge-nerd's part, but I guess we'll see if anything happens. :P

And now that I've been reminded to do so, I'll wish good luck to everybody in this round! I'm looking forward to seeing how all the fights go and who all emerges victorious. >:P
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:29 pm

Actually reading all of the fights as they're going on right now, and some of them are super great! Reading through everyone else's rounds is like half the fun, haha

It sorta reminds me of when I used to enter OCTs on DeviantART- except with better judges. 
Everyone on DeviantART was biased as heckie, man
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:38 pm

DeuxExDimensia wrote:It sorta reminds me of when I used to enter OCTs on DeviantART- except with better judges.

Either that's a compliment, or the deviantart judges were terrible. Either way, I'm gonna go feed it to the ego machine, because I am toats the best yo.

On a seperate note, two days til we close up the threads! Taking a glance over, especially taking note of a couple of particular threads, it feels we may have less judging to do than neccesarily anticipated. (Again.)

(Frosora4SureA)
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Dregan wrote:
DeuxExDimensia wrote:It sorta reminds me of when I used to enter OCTs on DeviantART- except with better judges.

Either that's a compliment, or the deviantart judges were terrible. Either way, I'm gonna go feed it to the ego machine, because I am toats the best yo.

Haha I remember for one of them it was found out that the judges were playing by favorites. Like, that was for sure a fact. It was absolutely insane. I haven't joined an OCT since. 
So yeah they were pretty terrible, but that doesn't mean you guys aren't good judges either! It's just only been one round, almost two, so I don't really have much to go by. (But you guys really smashed my expectations for round 1)
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:42 pm

Well, hopefully we can smash expectations again, because once more it's judging time! Whilst we roll our way round to that, how did everyone feel this round went? I note it was a lot less active than the first round, though that's kinda to be expected, given the time of year.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:25 pm

Disappointed at the circumstances of my victory, but reading the other rounds was pretty fun. Some of them were super intense so it was pretty cool. All in all, I'm pretty excited to see who advances to the next round!
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrRapierre Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:17 pm

It has been quite some time... I can wait as much as needed but, ¿could anyone tell me if we are still in the judging part? It's just... You know, taking it's time.
ZephyrRapierre
ZephyrRapierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:11 am

Ack, sorry. I'll be honest, this has basically been... entirely my bad. We are still at judging phase, and we really shouldn't be, and I really do apologise.
Essentially this round, uh, didn't go quite as planned. Timing got shoved around a bit, which wasn't too much of an issue... until we wound up with people literally not posting at all in some threads. That and some people cancelling out, and then one contestant getting banned... Basically morale took a bit of a hit, and with that motivation too. Aaand yeah, judging - at least for me - often takes a long time, and when motivation is dead... well yeah.
Still, whilst that's the reason, that's not an excuse. Really shouldn't have kept you guys waiting as long as we have, especially not when we're putting expectations on you to get matches and things done in such a strict space of time.
So yes... apologies about that. Will endeavour to get my own judging done by the end of the week. I realise it won't make up for the wait, but... yeah. Really genuinely sorry.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrRapierre Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Aah, so that's the reason! Now that I know what's happening, I'll be less worried about waiting. Don't worry. Take as much time as you need. After all, you're the mastermind of the tournament. You're the one pulling the strings from the backstage. And, in order to make the best performance ever, everyone must give it their all. So, all of you, cheer up and get ready to rumble!  Very Happy

Last edited by ZephyrRapierre on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Little grammar mistake.)
ZephyrRapierre
ZephyrRapierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next