Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTT Discussion Thread

+14
Ryder the hedgehog
Froshana
Envy the Jealous
Dregan
spark tb
Spekkal
DeuxExDimensia
Uncanny-Illustrator
Sparknish
Blitz Zhavanx
ChaoticBou
Caliburn
C.S.O.
Midknight
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TTT Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: TTT Discussion Thread

Post by Dregan Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:05 pm

No maximum, no minimum. Thooouuugh we will take into account if certain people consistently take days between posts and such.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:10 pm

While there is a thread for that sometimes people get busy, and that's okay. 

I am almost in the middle of finals right now, so I should probably post that on the other thread huh.

Either way good luck everyone! Tomorrow is a big day for the tournament Surprised
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Oh, I understand people get busy, thus that thread being there. Still, if they aren't reporting in, and it might be a consistent problem though multiple rounds, it can become a little unfair on those who're able to be more actively participate, if they lose out due to not being able to get their own posts in.
So yeah, lack of posting will be taking into account... but probably only more extreme (and unreported) cases. As I say, people missing some time here and there is fine.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Has it already been said that the who fights who is decided at random? Or do you guys take other factors into account? 

I'm actually wondering what all of the arenas are, because some of the ones that have been used already are super interesting. I can't wait to see what comes up next.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:20 pm

Fights were originally organised at random on a tree system. Though... hm. Certain things are being debated and concerned. Let's just say, uh, there seems to be evident demand for a certain match at the very least. I don't think acting subtle about it is in any way going to make people not capable of working out what it is.

As for the arenas, you'll just have to wait and seeee~
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Dregan wrote:Let's just say, uh, there seems to be evident demand for a certain match at the very least. I don't think acting subtle about it is in any way going to make people not capable of working out what it is.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Also, good luck everyone! No matter the results, you all did absolutely fantastic!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:45 pm

So, I know it's only been one round and all, but has anyone got any favourite parts of the tournement so far?
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:49 am

Hmm, for me I'd say not really. The drama was more so disappointing than a good part tbh. The only thing it really did was create a villain that everyone wants cut down. 

It didn't really feel like a fulfilling win or one that was really earned. Or I guess if I was in their place that's how I would feel.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:27 am

2-3 more hours and I'll be closing the topics up! If you want to take any final posts before the judging begins, now'd be the time!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:27 pm

That stopping point was perfect! I'm so glad I was able to get another post in.

That was a good round. I hope I did well. Good luck again everyone Surprised 

now that the topics are locked anyway haha
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:44 pm

I woke up to see everything locked. =w= Typical me.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Oh man, I spent a lot of time being really worried about how little experience I have with doing fights, but I really enjoyed this round! I actually rather think Burning was a really good match-up for me to go against in terms of how you write and what your character is like and all that. It's been really fun and I feel like I've learned a little!

Good luck to everybody!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:10 pm

It was a pretty big coincidence that neither of our characters have any seemingly real experience in fighting. XD A hell of a fun one, though.

Hopefully we'll be able to finish it off properly, either way, when judging is over~ Razz
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:35 pm

I know, right? The music play was awfully hilarious, too. Razz

And yep! I'm curious to see how in the world it's gonna end between these two since they're both tiring out. Oh ho lawdy!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryder the hedgehog Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:15 pm

I'm  really enjoying this... i wonder who i'll fight next   Razz
Ryder the hedgehog
Ryder the hedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:19 am

Yeah, I would really appreciate if Amber could be placed in a fight more earlier, because I have no clue how to respond to anything going on in the lounge, and this isn't going as well as I imagined.  :'( tears

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:54 am

I wish I had a fight to look forward to... unfortunately, my character is currently crippled and doesn't even have the option to socialize in the lounge now.

I agree with Amber, this isn't going as well as I hoped when I signed up.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy the Jealous Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:21 am

Welp, Gg no re 

No worries doe mates, I'll hand out fishy sticks
Envy the Jealous
Envy the Jealous
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Being jealous of all the great artists on this site >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:33 am

C.S.O. wrote:my character is currently crippled and doesn't even have the option to socialize in the lounge now.

I will note as a reminder, the tournament does have healers on-hand. Whilst it was deemed unfair to heal him fully mid-fight against his opponent, he was healed at the time enough to be able to at least walk at a level capable of continuing the battle, and they'd probably be more-than-happy to heal him up more than just that after the fight was over. You can still have him hurt to whatever degree you want, but it isn't neccesarily to the state where they left his knee completely blown out.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:41 am

Dregan wrote:I will note as a reminder, the tournament does have healers on-hand. Whilst it was deemed unfair to heal him fully mid-fight against his opponent, he was healed at the time enough to be able to at least walk at a level capable of continuing the battle, and they'd probably be more-than-happy to heal him up more than just that after the fight was over. You can still have him hurt to whatever degree you want, but it isn't neccesarily to the state where they left his knee completely blown out.

Of course. I will address that eventually, but for the moment, he's out of commission. There's more than just the wound itself to be dealt with after all. Wink

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:56 pm

Amber Dark wrote:Yeah, I would really appreciate if Amber could be placed in a fight more earlier, because I have no clue how to respond to anything going on in the lounge, and this isn't going as well as I imagined.  :'( tears
'No clue how to respond to anything in the lounge'
You do know that multiple characters have addressed yours, right? That's not the TTT's fault, that's you being unable to respond to situations given to you. Seriously. I'll even QUOTE everything which was addressed to your character, that was never returned. You have PLENTY to respond to.Hell, you had THE FIGHTS THEMSELVES to tralk about, but considering you had your character fall asleep instead of comment, makes me wonder if you even read them at all. Anyway, let me give you quotes of everyone who's addressing Amber;

https://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com/t3534p105-the-lounge#173901
Dregan wrote:"Because..." he spoke up, finally in response to the young woman, "Because in a sports event he just kneecapped someone with a shotgun, then whilst they were defenseless attempted to incinerate them...?" He lowered his voice slightly to the young woman;
"If I were you, I'd avoid going close to him. He's dangerous..."

https://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com/t3534p105-the-lounge#173917
Envy The Jealous wrote:He turned towards Amber, he was silent, waiting for the seemingly inevitable rejection of himself.

You have a summary of what Envy did. And you have Envy turning directly to Amber. So really, you have plenty to respond to if you're bored.
How exactly is it not going the way you imagined? It's only the first round. And the RP in the Lounge is there to keep people busy and interacting. Plus, there's reading the fights themselves. It was simply luck of the draw that you couldn't fight on the first round, but you will on the second.

---

C.S.O wrote:I wish I had a fight to look forward to... unfortunately, my character is currently crippled and doesn't even have the option to socialize in the lounge now.
I agree with Amber, this isn't going as well as I hoped when I signed up.
Repeating what Dregan said, you know you didn't HAVE to take the hit, right? You just had to write around it. It wasn't the tournaments fault that you personally decided to have your character out of commission, even when it was stated that he was healed up to not be crippled anymore. I don't get it. You asked for judge inteference when you were struggling, your character was able to fight again, and they they quit.
Honestly, it's incredibly unfair to judge the tournament on your own personal actions.
Plus, quite certain they CAN go the Lounge? As it was said, the guy is still able to function and walk.

---

Sorry if both of my points there sound harsh, but it angers me a little.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:42 pm

Spekkal wrote:Repeating what Dregan said, you know you didn't HAVE to take the hit, right? You just had to write around it. It wasn't the tournaments fault that you personally decided to have your character out of commission, even when it was stated that he was healed up to not be crippled anymore. I don't get it. You asked for judge inteference when you were struggling, your character was able to fight again, and they they quit.
Honestly, it's incredibly unfair to judge the tournament on your own personal actions.
Plus, quite certain they CAN go the Lounge? As it was said, the guy is still able to function and walk.

No offense taken from this at all. Well... maybe some offense, but I understand where you're coming from so it can all be dismissed easily enough. Smile

First, I wasn't intending to assign blame to anyone else for my own actions. I have no issue with how things have transpired. It was more suggesting that Amber doesn't have much to complain about as things could be worse for her in the tournament. I won't deny that my commentary and sense of humour can miss the mark. Clearly this is one such case... Oops. Razz

I must admit I do find it a little troubling that I've heard 'you could have just avoided the hit' on a couple of occasions in regard to the ending of my match. As though most 'normal' people can avoid a shotgun blast at point blank range when they don't see it coming. Razz I do try for 'some' degree of realism in my role playing, given I play as an anthropomorphic wolf and all. Wink

I don't appreciate he implication that I was 'struggling' in my fight and wanted the judges to 'help' me get back on more even terms. I do understand the assumption though, I just don't agree with it. Smile When I spoke to the judges about the circumstances in my match, the fight was already over in my view and that wasn't going to change, regardless of whether they chose to step in or not. I was merely asking them if they would step in to officially end it at the point. Their actions had no actual effect on the match outcome, only the events that would follow afterwards. So I have no reason to hold the result against them.

And those follow up events may be addressed at some point. I'm going to have to reconsider that now. Neutral My interpretation of how this healing has been carried out and its actual effects will likely be different than everyone assumes it will end up. I'm not a fan of just 'hand waving' away consequences. Suffice to say that at the moment, my character CANNOT just walk back into the lounge. But assuming otherwise is your prerogative, so we'll just have to accept the fact we don't see this the same way and leave it at that. Smile

So... I'd just like to reiterate that I don't have anything against the tournament organizers or participants. I wasn't intending to fault them for anything. I apologize if my comments were taken as such by them. I also apologize for getting under Spekkal's skin with my comments as well. That was not intended either and I hope no further offense was given by my response here. I just felt that the things you said in reply to me should have been addressed as well.

I do hope that this smooths things out a bit. If not... then I'm sorry for that as well.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:47 pm

Oh, that's fair enough then! Thankyou very much for the reasonable response, and I'm sorry for my assumptions! c:
I understand your point a lot more now that it's been clarified, and I wish you did have better luck in the tourney. Ah well, I hope you enjoyed it all the same!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:04 pm

Man look at this healthy debate. 

I'm just sittin' over here being generally anxious about the outcome of my match. I feel like I could've done balance a bit better, but I also feel like a lot of the stuff that I am anxious about isn't necessarily in my control.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:19 pm

With one of the votes already put out on the match, I actually find myself a little more relaxed about how the other two will come out. Like, they were INCREDIBLY close, but it's happened. At least now if I lose, I know one of the judges liked my side of things :p
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next