Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHATBOX SAGA; THE FINALE

5 posters

Go down

Where should the cbox be?

CHATBOX SAGA; THE FINALE GDMEGbg13%CHATBOX SAGA; THE FINALE 0lNb1KJ 13% 
[ 2 ]
CHATBOX SAGA; THE FINALE GDMEGbg87%CHATBOX SAGA; THE FINALE 0lNb1KJ 87% 
[ 14 ]
CHATBOX SAGA; THE FINALE GDMEGbg0%CHATBOX SAGA; THE FINALE 0lNb1KJ 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

CHATBOX SAGA; THE FINALE Empty CHATBOX SAGA; THE FINALE

Post by Spekkal Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:14 pm

Okay! So I shouldn't have to explain this - you've all experienced it enough. While I said a week, I'm impatient and we have more than enough activity to justify this. So with that out of the way, as said by Monokuma himself, IIIIT'S VOTING TIIIIME~!

What do you prefer - the chatbox at the top or bottom of the forum?
The majority vote will be permanent.

The final change will take place on the 20th November.

And please check Uncanny's argument below!

Last edited by Spekkal on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

CHATBOX SAGA; THE FINALE Empty Re: CHATBOX SAGA; THE FINALE

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:17 pm

I shall copy and paste the arguments I made on skype to you since I feel like they should be points brought up here as well to an extend.

Uncanny wrote:I tend to even forget at this point that we have a cbox. Which is a bad thing as the cbox tends to be a casual place to get in a quick hello and such as well as general bonding with the members. It also takes longer for people to even notice somebody is in the chatbox in case they have questions or what not.

That is the issue though that the skype IS replacing the cbox. For rps and things it's fine. THough I admit I feel more reliant on the skype than the actual forum and interacting there with members who might not have skype but are on the chatbox
Almost tempted to say like, if we move it back to the top, to at elast remove the RP zone completely. If they wanna RP we have an entire active forum for that
Like the only thing that is 100% fact is that we should NOT remove the cbox. It allows for quick banter and questions. And I noticed from personal experience back in the DRoP fandom that forums with a cbox were way more active than those without.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:42 pm

I definitely wouldn't say remove the chatbox, but I definitely prefer it down bottom. It feels like with the chatbox down there, people are actually NOTICING the forum - especially newer members. In the past we'd have people join, and just immediately go to the chatbox, and be shocked that they even needed to scroll further down to find things like the rules and discover we're... y'know, actually a forum.
It just feels that whatever is up top is what takes priority with the membership. Either the forum, or the chatbox. Some may disagree, but personally, I'd prefer an active forum to anything else.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy the Jealous Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:55 pm

I agree with Dregan on this matter at hand, dalies and mentlegen.
Envy the Jealous
Envy the Jealous
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Being jealous of all the great artists on this site >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:58 am

So I've heard people (*COUGHCOUGH* Midi) Who actually felt more attracted to the forum itself when the chat was at the bottom.

I have to find myself guilty to the fact that I joined this site two years ago "Because I saw a c-box". I have spent at least one year almost only using the chatbox and nothing else. So I think it's better to put it at the bottom.

I have read Uncanny's argument about that we lose general bonding with new members and I think that this is also actually very true. And to that I have to say this: Guys, please try to stay aware that there is a c-box here, and when you see a new member in the c-box, Please say hello. I'll do the same thing.

StillIvoteforbottom c: Cuz bottoms are nice
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:40 pm

Well, everyone! Thanks for your votes! The cbox is officially remaining at the bottom of the forum unless we receive enough complains for otherwise!
Thanks for your feedback, guys!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down