Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:This Game:. [CLOSED]

4 posters

Go down

.:This Game:. [CLOSED] Empty .:This Game:. [CLOSED]

Post by Midknight Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:16 pm

(RP named after this song, just for a bit of trivia)

Welcome to the pinnacle of gaming technology! Introducing, the Immerse-Zone! A Virtual Reality gaming console that works simply by putting on a headset. The headset with our technology has the ability to scan the users facial features and determine what it looks like, making any in game Avatar practically identical. The Immerse-Zone is a system that fully immerses players into their video games, making players convinced they are living in a physical world.

Newly released, the console is bundled with a copy of it's first released game; A VR-MMORPG that goes by the name of Fae Tales: Online. A Fantasy styled MMORPG that has one the largest game worlds known to the gaming industry. In this game you carry out several quests for NPC's and gain rewards, you can enter dungeons and fight the various bosses that the game holds, choose your Race and scavenge for materials and cash to create the best of weapons, learn the best spells for offence or to support your comrades, or hunt for the Legendary Weapons of the Fae Tales world! The world is your oyster in this epic, lore filled world. Not to mention other features such as:

• Pull up the menu with the swipe of a hand and it will appear right before your face! The menu holds certain important features such as; Saving your progress, logging out, instant messaging- Not sure where your friends are? Done with other forms of social networking? Pfft, throw your friends a message and they will be notified!
  • Not to mention Fae Tales has it's own messaging Forum on the internet. If you are having problems or need people to party with, put up your very own Topics to get peoples attention!

Midknight, a young man of a Dargon with bright blue fur and a scruff of pitch black hair upon his head was smiling from ear to ear. He had just purchased his own "Immerse-Zone" console. He looked at it, set up, headset lying on his bed, -it was suggested to be lying down whilst playing-, ready to be used. His ears sagged though and he frowned. He didnt really have many friends. He didn't have anyone to experience this new world, this Fae Tales with...

Mid, as he liked to be called, was rather feminine looking for a young man at 17, he had very long eye lashes with dark, gentle eyes and was rather gentle and thin despite his height. He had a small waist, which he disguised with an over-sized sweater on most days. And his legs, they were long and slender like that of a fashion model. 

His ears perk up and the smile returns, remembering what the advertisement said. The forums! The ad said if you were looking for someone to play with, post in the forums!

He creates a topic, "let's experience the world together!", cheesy, yes. He types away at his first post on the forum, his display name being Midknight. His posts describes how in the city he lives in he hasn't had a chance to meet many people, or any other gamers to be specific. And is looking for people to explore this new world with, people that will be going in with as much knowledge as he does- None.
His post, also, contains a small form for people to reply to him with;

"Username:
About yourself:"

He fills it out himself for an example;
"Username: Midknight
About yourself: I am a friendly guy..I guess. I really enjoy playing video games and Im really excited to get into Fae Tales! Im not too great at making conversation..or meeting new people..But I always try my best!"

He sits and taps impatiently with his long black nails on his desk...waiting for people to reply to his post. Fidgeting, eyes darting between this ground-breaking piece of technology and the computer screen. Tap, tap, tap.

Last edited by Midknight on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

.:This Game:. [CLOSED] Empty Re: .:This Game:. [CLOSED]

Post by Ninathelioness Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:29 pm

A reply to the topic is immediately posted, "[color=#ff66cc]Hey, there, I'm new too, I'd love to explore with you! Username: Shalinathehuntress About yourself: I am a friendly lioness, I'm not too into video games, but I love to make new friends! I'm not really sure where I am, but I will wait here![/color]"

Last edited by Ninathelioness on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:01 am

Zetski sat on the edge of his bed, eyeing down the headset he had just bought. The box it came with was right next to it, brightly displaying the text "Immerse-Zone Headset", along with other text on how it works, how to use it, etc. "Forums, eh?" he spoke softly to himself. Although he was home alone for a while, he had enough time to spare.

He got up, went to his desk setup: A 12 by 10 inch desktop screen, custom made with a silver outline, along with the keyboard, and a wireless mouse. He sat in his rotating chair, and quickly pulled up the site for the forums, where he was greeted with Mid's topic. He read it quickly, along with the reply, and said to himself, "Might as well give it a go." So he went ahead and made his reply.

"Username: SpeedyZetski
About Yourself: I'll be straight up honest. I'm really friendly when it comes to online games, and I'd love to make new friends, but I can be a bit competitive... but aside that, I'll help out the best I can!"
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Mid's ears erect as he here's the convenient ping! that the forum and website gave when you received a notification or reply. He clicks it rapidly, it taking him to his post. He is delighted with getting a response. He replies,

"Oh, yay! Thank-you for replying. I haven't played the game yet, and I'd like to assume neither of you have either..So I guess we'll all start off at the same time? How about 5:30pm?"

It was 5:00pm right now, and he remembered there was a lot to go with the sign up process to the game. 
Mid sits on his bed, placing on the headset and lightly laying his head on the pillow, now in a lying down position.

Pressing the On/Off button on the right side of the headset, he emptied his mind and relaxed his body, and thus, was immersed. 

Right now, all that was shown was a menu display saying "Welcome!", to then fade to an area in which the user created their account for Fae Tales.
Midknight creates his Username, enters a password and sets it to "Log In Automatically", since he had no intentions of creating other accounts. After this, peaceful music began to play and he was met with various silhouettes, clad with different coloured equipment and armour, basic armour, clearly the starting equipment of the game. "Pick Your Race" it said at the top. Their were 6 different Races in this game, each having different purposes and capabilities in battle. 

Link to the races and information. Any suggestions to other Races or equipment is greatly appreciated; https://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com/t2922-fae-tales-online-races

Midknight wasn't too competitive or serious when it came to Video Games, but this time around he wanted to get real. He looked at the various base statistics each held, and the colour of course, because thats important. Duh. The Spriggan race, the masters of Dark Magic and Shape-shifting caught his attention. He selects Spriggan.

The game makes a cheerful melody, and there was a flash of white light. Mid opens his eyes, taking a deep breathe. He was in the game. This game. He was stood by a beautiful fountain, it was a mermaid like Mobian holding a vase, in which the water of the fountain came. It was almost 5:30.
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:47 pm

She replied with, "Okay, I will make edits to my character while I wait." she sent as she started editing her character, she started at 5:01, and when she was close to finished, it was close to 5:30, it was about 5:28, 'Two minutes...' she thought to herself as she finished edits to her character's appearence, by the time she was done, it was 5:30, she saved changes and found herself near the very same fountain as midknight, her character looked like a lioness in a pink ninja suit, the suit was aura pink, her dark brown fur still covered an eye, with her she carried duel light knifes, her character was of the sylph species, it had caught shalina's eye because of how equal the stats were, but the abilities, not so much, she walked over to the fountain and stood facing away from it, and asked, "Is Midknight here?" into the public chat

Last edited by Ninathelioness on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:56 pm

By the time Mid posted the reply to his own topic, Zetski was already lying in his bed, with the headset on. His heart and mind was racing, and thoughts became jumbled up in his head, but he knew he had to calm down, so he did, and he let himself enter this realm when he pushed the On button; it was 5:05 at the time...

He took his time with everything he had to imput, making sure everything was correct. After inserting the username and password, he made his character.
Looking over the various options and discerning on which would be best for him, he finally chose to be a Sylph. After all, he loved to keep his Speed stats high, and Wind was an a-ok power. He would have chose to be a Sprite, due to it's range of elements, but magic wasn't really his "forte". He chose a dandelion yellow tunic, with silver stripes, along with leather leggings of the same color. Along with that tunic came a silver hood. But otherwise, he had the same hair, same fur color, just about the same Mobian appearance, leaving the armor as the difference.

As for weaponry, he held a gray bow in his right hand, the quiver strapped to his back, and holding 3 arrows, but that was about it. He liked to do long range distance work.

Greeted with the same melody as he's placed into the realm as well, he was on the opposite side of the fountain, now looking at his surroundings. However he was a bit early; it was 5:28. Two minutes early. He can wait.

Two minutes later, he saw the two other players from behind the fountain, but they didn't seem to see him yet...
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:44 pm

NOTICE; People can still join if they feel to do so

Midknight looks at himself in the reflection of the water spouting from the fountain. A large smile spreads across his muzzle. He was wearing what he presumed was the 'Starter Look' of this game. It was a simple black tunic with black trousers and boots, with a leather breastplate strapped across from the shoulder. 

His ears perk, he was supposed to be looking for people! He looks around with wide eyes, looking around for the Username that was conveniently placed above a persons head. Despite the game being new, there weren't many people at this 'Starting Point', or 'Spawn'. He didn't mind, just assumed players wanted to get right into the adventure...

He feels it would be easier to stay idle where he was, rather than them all looking for each other at the same time. In the mean time, though, he decides to look through the menu's an his inventory. 

There where 5 different options on the Main Menu interface,

*Inventory and Equipment (Opens into 2 more Menus)
-Equipment
   + Weapons
   + Equipped
   + Accessory
-Items

*Friends and Groups (Opens to 3 more menus)
-Party
   +Invite
   +Disband
   +Kick Player
-Friends
   +Add Friend
   +IM (Instant Messaging)
   +Position (Where they are)
   +Friend Profile
   +Block Player
-Guild
   +Create Guild
   +Disband Guild
   + Allies
   +Rivals

*World Chat (Opens to two menus)
-Notification
   +On
   +Off
-Disable

*Maps
-Area Map (Area Maps can be bought and sold)
   + Show current location
   + Set way point
   + Zoom In/Out
-Dungeon Map (A dungeon map cannot be bought, a dungeon must be explored by the player for the player to have access to the map. However, Dungeon Maps can be shared amongst players, but this is rare)
   + Zoom In/Out
   + Boss Info (Upon defeating a dungeon boss you gain the information on it, and the items it can drop upon defeat)

*Settings
   +Log Out
   +Help

Midknight goes into the Inventory and Equipment section, and upon inspection of his weapons he had a lightweight sword that was currently equipped, a dagger and a heavy weight sword. He assumed there was no actual visualisation of the items in your inventory. He clicks the heavy weight sword, selecting "equip" and in a flurry of pixels and particles, the light weight sword that was on his back disappeared, and was replaced by a slightly bigger and weightier blade. It felt more comfortable, ironically.  He then looks at the "Equipped" section, curious of the names of his armour he had on. His head gear was blank, and his torso read "Spriggan Leather Chest Plate", and boosted his speed by a minimal amount and defense the same. His bottoms read "Spriggan Pants", and then "Spriggan Leather Boots". The blade went by the name "Iron Great Sword". He couldnt complain. 
Inside his items were 2 HP Potions, an Antidote (Heals Poison) and Teleport Crystal (An item that teleports the user to the entrance of a dungeon if they were inside a dungeon, or if it out in the field it will teleport them to the key landmark of the last town they were in).

Midknight closes his menu, it was quite smart. It was a semi-transparent interface that appeared in front of the player, like a touch screen and was operated with the players hands. He sits on the rim of the fountain, waiting for the others.

Edit/Note: I forgot to mention, try and resist from doing the following;
-Creating game mechanics
-The names of places
-The names of items
-Weapons and armour I will allow, but as of now it should be pretty much similar to how I described Midknight's [Race] Pants, [Race] Chest Plate etc. 
-If you do want to name things, ESPECIALLY weapons either PM me or contact me on Skype and we will discuss.
-You're character at this point should have only the basic armour and weapons of the race you chose. Nothing more. If you havent met this then please do so in future.

Im being picky with this RP because I have thought it out, and would like it to do so. Remember you're in a virtual world that has been created, cant just do what you want.
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:04 am

She looks all around the area and finds the name tag with "midknight" and she walked over, "So, your midknight. I'm shalina. Nice to meet you!" She instant messaged midknight, shalina herself smiled (Not her character, herself!) "Like my armor? It's pretty, even though it's just my basic armor, it's nice, right?" she public chatted
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Zetski quickly scanned over his menu, while waiting for the two of them to either meet up first, or find him. He checked his equipment, and besides the armor and bow, which he already knew he had being that he was a bit early to the meetup, he discovered that he too had 2 HP potions and a Teleport Crystal. No antidote, but he didn't realize that he lost it.

Instead of closing the menu, he went to the "Friends" section, clicked "Add Friend", and upon hearing the two talk, sent them friend requests. Then he stepped away from the fountain, now walking towards them. "Hey, I guess we're all here." he said in the public chat.
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:07 pm

((Oh yeah, forgot to mention. -Im forgetting to say a lot of things sorry- Your characters can physically talk in the game, they dont need to be messaging each other all the time XD))

Midknight gets a little startled, he was a paranoid little thing when in crowds. "Oh! Hello, you must be..." he taps his chin, "Shalina!" he says, noticing the username above her head that read "shalinathehuntress". He offers a handshake, he was quite polite. "I guess that leaves us just waiting on-.."

A notice appeared in front of Midknight, similar to the interface of the menu. "SpeedyZetski would like to add you as a friend,
+Accept
+Decline "

"Oh, thats us all here then!" he chuckles. "I'm Midknight, nice to meet you all. So what race did you guys pick?"
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:01 pm

"[color=#ff33cc]Yep! Shalina's my name, fun is my game! Like it? It's my new catchphrase[/color][color=#000000]!" she said as she put a[/color] sword in her weapons box and returned the handshake and took the sword back in her hand, and turned around to find zetski, "[color=#ff33cc]Hello, I'm Shalina, are you coming with us to explore[/color][color=#000000]?[/color]" she said and quickly turned back to midknight after hearing his question, "Me? I'm a sylph!" she replied and noticed a notification, "[color=#ff33cc]Speedyzetski wants to be your friend[color=#000000]." she said to herself as she read, "[color=#ff33cc]Accept[color=#000000]." she said to herself as she tapped to accept the friend request[/color][/color]
[/color][/color]
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:43 am

"I chose the Sylph class as well." Zetski responded. "And yeah, I'm exploring with the both of you. Can't have fun in a game without teammates, right? Oh, I'm Zetski, if you haven't noticed the username above me," He said with a smile. Jokester, but loyal. That's how Zetski was, especially online. "So are we getting started or what?"

(Sorry this is so short I didn't know what else to put in \o/)
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:56 pm

((Sorry, been quite busy ;n; ))

Midknight throws a motivated fist in the air! "Let's do this, team!" he exclaims, drawing a bit of attention. He opens his menu display and sends a "Party" invite to the two, a display popping up in front of them with the words "Would you like to form a party with Midknight?"

After the two accept, he takes the lead and walks forward a little, a small display of the map hovering by his side, following his every movement. The game was very advanced and clearly well thought. 

He approaches an icon he saw on the map that was symbolized by a sign post looking object, he assumed it was the symbol for quests. Upon closer inspection it appeared Midknight was correct. It was a wooden board specifically for quests that players could carry out within the Town Of Beginnings and the outside area, Signeil Plane. The Signeil Plane was a grassy area filled with low level monsters and enemies that new players could fight for some experience and to get to grips with moving within the game.

"So, which quest would you guys like to do?"

+A STICKY INCANTATION- The local Potion Seller is running out of ingredients! obtain 12 Slimedrops and deliver them to the Potion Seller located in the market of Town Of Beginnings. (These can be obtained by defeating Slirms, found in Signeil Planes)
Reward: +50 Rupiens(Money) +4 HP Potions

+BOARLING BOTHER- A group of enraged Boarlings are terrorizing the outside of the Town, go to the Signeil Planes and get rid of them! (There are 9 to defeat if you wish to complete this quest)
Reward: +100 Rupiens
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:27 pm

Shalina accepted the party invite with a fierce pose, "Let's do this!" she said as she followed midknight and zetski, "Hm, more experience, or more money... Hard to decide, I might as well go with the boarling brother quest, I did hear a few rumors of cool, expensive weaponry and items before I got the game, cool rumors at that, speedyzetski, which quest do you wanna do?" she said as she put her duel lightweight swords into the weapon box and brought out her duel heavyweight swords, "I'm ready for anything!" she said
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:16 am

Zetski, also accepting the party invite, lets Mid lead on until they get to the quest icon.  Taking a look at it as well, he thought about the situation. "Though the thought of more rupens seems more enticing, I'd prefer if we choose the "Sticky Incantation" quest. We could use the rewarded health potions for when we take on the "Boarling Bother" quest, in case things go unexpectedly wrong. Sounds a bit more strategic in my opinion."
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Midknight nods at Zetski's remark in agreement, "That seems logical," he replies. Midknight places a hand on the quest board, selecting the "Sticky Incantation" quest. "Right lets move out, team!" Midknight says with glee. He was glad he had found some friends, nice people they were. "It said to move out of the town and into the next area and defeat some enemies, didnt it?" he mutters to himself.

When they exit the town the enter the Signeil Planes. The sun shone brilliantly and there was gentle breeze, the smell of fresh grass and nature around them. Spread out across the plan were various low level mobs, the Slirms and Boarlings to be specific. Midknight points to the Slirms.

Slirm- A worm like creature made from an unknown slime like substance. It attacks by spitting out slime of the same kind and wrapping itself around it's enemies, its weakspot is it's head. They are rather passive creatures and will not attack unless provoked.

"Those are what we need to defeat. I say we split up for now and get to grips with how we fight within the game, we dont want to be getting in each others way and killing in each other, ya know?" he chimes cheerfully. "Meet back at the town entrance when we each have 4, m'kay?~"

Midknight walks over to one of the enemies, it staring at him blankly. Well thats all it could do, considering they had no visible face. He draws the sword on his back with a sleek metallic noise. "It's so realistic..." he thinks to himself.  

He goes to swing his sword at the Slirm, and battle initiated. The slirm slides it slippery body out of the way, "It's fast!" croaks Midknight, rather surprised at how fluid his body was moving, as with the creature he was facing. "Gotta focus..fooocus...". He gribs the handle tight, his heart was racing in ecstasy. The slirm wraps itself around Midknight's leg, he could feel the slime of the creature oozing onto him. In a panic, he flails frantically, punching it with one of his hands. "OFF! OFF OFF!! Get iit oooooff!"

He wasn't fond of disgusting feelings.

The blue lizard manages to wriggle it off, some other passing players laughing with him. He tries a more thought out slice of his sword and splat! the creature was sliced in two, melting into a pile of goo.

After defeating the slirm, a notification in Midknights vision appears,

+1 Slimedrop added to your -items pouch

"Yahooo!" exclaims the lizard, fired up for more!
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:01 pm

Shalina was excited for her first battle, "Bring it on slirms!" she shouted excitedly as they made they're way over to signeil plaines as the sun shone in the sky, "The graphics are so good, it feels almost as if you are your character!" she said with joy as she looked around, she saw a slirm, she charged like a ninja roof hopping and battle cried and leaped high in the sky, crossed the duel heavyweight swords, uncrossed them and used all her strength in a attempt to land on the slirm with a clear shot and slice it in half and it would never know what hit it
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:02 pm

Zetski kept silent, excluding the occasional nod of agreement, which was quite odd. He analyzed as much of the surroundings and other aspects as he could, trying to get extra information. When the group got to the Signeil Plains and Midknight and Shalina went to gather the Slimedrops, Zetski pulled out his bow and arrow, ready to pierce some slirms.

He held his position, but didn't dare to shoot yet. He only had 3 arrows and didn't dare waste any. He waited for a good minute until he saw three slirms lined up for him. He took one good shot, and the arrow shot straight through all three. The last one had the arrow lodged in the back, and made attempts to squirm away, but Zetski just yanked it out, and the slirm melted away, along with the other two previously shot. He got the same notification as Mid did, only with "+3". 'It was out of luck', Zetski thought to himself. 'It won't be that easy later on.'

He then took aim for his last Slirm
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:09 am

After some very messy and slippery fights, Midknight had acquired the items he needed and made his way to the entrance, waiting for the others. The furry blue lizard takes a rest, noticing his health bar (Noticable to the player in the top right of their vision) was a little lower than he felt comfortable with. A few swipes of his hand and he was in his Items window, selecting a HP potion he watched as the bar moved from an amber to brilliant green colour. "Much better~" he chimes, waiting for the others.
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:01 pm

If no one posts or contacts me with reasons for absence before Sunday 11th January, this RP will be closed.
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:59 pm

RP CLOSED

Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Locked.
If you want it unlocked, please PM either me or Uncanny-Illustrator, the admins.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down