Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detectives needed

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Detectives needed - Page 3 Empty Re: Detectives needed

Post by PersimmonAutumn Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:46 am

Amber gave a smirk behind her scarf, and as she leaned back on her heels with her hands in her pockets, nodded to Solaris' question. It was a very satisfied, content nod. However, her overall expression remained indifferent and unreadable.

Not long after, her eyes drifted to Hënë and her ears stood upright to listen to what she needed to say. The heat spiked up shockingly high for a moment when she heard her snort at her. Now, Amber was a selective mute. But the detective's statements were so amusing that she just couldn't help herself this time. "You think I care?" She pulled down her scarf slightly so that they may see her white muzzle. "My job was to kill her." She cocked her head to Solaris. "Bring back the remains to be studied, or if possible, alive." She shrugged her shoulders. "But I don't get paid more if she lives. I don't even know why I bothered capturing her. I do what they pay me to. Winged Thief or not, it's not my problem." 

And at the end of the day, it was a win-win situation for Amber.
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:27 pm

More symptons of not having enough solar power surfaced, namely, abdominal pain. Holding her hand there seemed to lessen the pain, but it still hurt. To add insult to injury, her body started going numb and her eyes started itching.

"If I run out of solar power, which will be in a couple of hours or less, I will cease to exist and," she explained to the assassin. "your organisation will get nothing. The girl will then wake up, unharmed." She then turned to the detective, looking at her with her now-bloodshot eyes. Tears were in the corners of those eyes, but Solaris didn't let out a single word about how much in pain she was.

"Detective, I don't expect you to trust me," she started. "but I don't want to die. I'd rather turn myself in and undo what I've done than be kept in a cage like an animal or worse. I don't care what you'll do to me, as long as I won't be in the hands of G.U.N. and will have access to any light."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:56 pm

"So it would defeat the purpose if the creature dies." said Hënë to Amber, "And besides, Who says that the creature can't jump from one body to another?"

Though it looked like Hënë was looking at Amber, There was a small heater just behind her.

"Now, before I am forced to get my hands dirty." she said to the Researcher, "Are the contents of the jars on the table behind me explosive by any chance?"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

http://kk-afterbrun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:16 am

"I don't think you still don't understand." Amber hummed, moving away from them to take a load off on a bench rather casually. "Even if you die, I still get paid. My main objective was to rid you. You were a threat to people. So what if G.U.N. receives nothing of you? You're not the only anomaly to ever happen, or will happen on Mobius."

The wolf then crossed her legs, and watched as Hënë struggled to keep Solaris alive.
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:52 pm

"No, they aren't," answered the researcher and walked to Solaris. "In fact none of these jars have anything like that in them." 

The researcher then took a flashlight and boldly gave it to Solaris, only for her to switch it on and drain it completely in an instant. Her condition improved somewhat, but she was still in a bad shape. Artificial light could do, but it had to be in much larger doses than just a single flashlight. Still, it was something.

"Thanks," let out Solaris. "But why are you helping me?" The researcher merely smiled briefly and then let his face assume its regular, serious look.

"You've given me back my friend," he answered. "It's the least I can do." A sound suddenly came from above them. Perhaps there was something in the ventilation?
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Hënë watched the researcher and quickly noted how fast Solaris had drained the energy flashlight.

"Well then," she said with a snarl, "If the assassin is not ready to kill the innocent child and rather wait for the creature to die, then maybe she can explain why G.U.N.  want's the body?"

Then Hënë gave a wicked Grin, adding "But then again, I already knew that G.U.N. had interest in this case. Hence why I took the job to find the sword. I knew G.U.N. would send an expendable thug who would be their own real target."

In the back of her mind, Hënë thought 'Where are you Malahat! The plan will fall apart if you don't show!'
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:59 am

"Expendable thug." Amber tilted her head in amusement. "Fancy vocabulary there." Her words were laced with poison, and the heat rose dramatically in sync to the wolf's annoyance towards the researcher. Nasty thoughts filled her head. Very nasty thoughts. "Ironic. Seeing as you're not very sharp."

Mild amusement was in her voice now, but the temperature was still high. It probably helped Solaris. "I think you haven't fully grasped the concept." She crossed her legs. "Do you understand the word 'kill', Ms. Goody-goody?" The wolf got up now, temperature rising more and more. She saw how Solaris had sapped the flashlight's energy, and if anything, light carried heat and energy. She had both heat and energy. "It means to pluck a life, and if possible, dispose the body. It never existed."

Amber now walked closer to them, the temperature so high it was like a giant oven. "And since you insist." In a blink of an eye, she grabbed Solaris and jabbed a dagger through the small creature's body. Yes, through. As in between her arm and side. "I'll restore your power if you go along with this." She mumbled quickly and softly to Solaris, tilting her body downward to make it seem she's been subdued.

Hauling her over her shoulder, the assassin leapt back and onto a building side, climbed up with ease to the rooftop and disappeared out of sight. Once she was sure they were far enough away, Amber placed Solaris back down and sheathed her dagger. She knelt before her and held her shoulders while she heated up her body. "You didn't hurt me." She mumbled. "I won't hurt you. I'll make a deal."

She paused to check if Solaris was still following. "You come back with me. I'll guard you. Send you home. Deal?"
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Solaris slowly stood up, but the heat itself didn't seem to do anything to better her condition. At most, she had two hours and an extra five minutes from the light she absorbed from the flashlight.

"Protect me? Why should I even trust you?" she asked. "You're an assassin and you even admitted that you want to dispose of me like some sort of vermin!" The schoolgirl backed away from Amber and walked to the edge of the rooftop.

"The meteor landed here. This is supposed to be my home." She let out and looked down. "I don't want to go."

The sound of metal being blown away was heard not far from where they were, followed by the sound of someone landing on that very same rooftop. There were no flaps of wings or even tails, just a quick 'whoosh' folllowed by two feet touching the rooftop's ground. Whatever or whoever it was, it was following them.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:49 pm

Hënë gave a very board clap to Amber's attemps to 'save' Solaris.

"So are you truely working for GU.N. or have you found out that they've been tracking you all this time." She snorted with a sigh, "If Solaris is going to be safe until it can find a new host then You'd best leave her. And I have my own task to do anyway, returning the sword to it's owner and safely bringing the girl back to her parents..."

'Damn it White...You should have stuck around...' she thought, 'And where is Malahat....'

Hënë didn't seem to notice the noise when she said to Solaris "You are able to move to another host, right?"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:56 am

Ah, yes. This was why she didn't help people. That was why she's an assassin. People are just so complicated and weird and hard to understand. Solaris was no different it seemed. First Amber heard the 'whoosh' and thud. Then the Hënë bored clapping. It irked her so much, but she snapped into realization. Yes, she'd been followed. But why? That was one thing the researcher hadn't blabbed about. In fact, even as she talked right at that moment, her voice was muted to her. Amber was in deep thought.

Solaris didn't want to go. She was a threat to people, unreasonable. That was why G.U.N. wanted her dead. Well, no fur off her shoulder. Once again, in a flash, Amber pinned her down with her foot, pulled out her dagger and stabbed it into Solaris' neck. She ran it across her throat and pulled back, re-sheathing it and taking off and disappearing in a flash. The body disposal was up to G.U.N., more specifically the agent they sent. (Which in truth bugged her just as much as Hënë did) She approached said person casually and gestured him the body. "Clean up. Take responsibility." Whether they wanted it in a lab or destroyed. But she'd done her work, and now the Hënë can return the sword. Everyone wins. 

((Sorry about this. But Amber is a morally twisted, chaotically neutral character. I feel bad for Solaris, but there wasn't anyway she would've let her live. Especially after having Hënë on her back))
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:55 am

Solaris knew that the assassin would not come to terms with her. In fact, she half-expected a punch, a kick or a threat at least, but what she got was far more than she bargained for.

It happened so fast that she could only watch in disbelief as the assassin stabbed her in the neck and run a dagger across her throat before leaving and telling someone to dispose of the body.

Yellow residue, alongside some crimson, splashed on the street down below. Immediately, Solaris covered the wound with her hand so that more of those fluids wouldn't escape her and gasped for breath. Unlike the water, this wasn't something that was hurtful just for her. The schoolgirl, the host, was hurt by this in a much more severe way than she was.

Her solar power could sustain her for a good two hours or less, but the schoolgirl wouldn't last that long. And so, Solaris went for a desperate move, sacrificing nearly all the power she had just to save her. The wound was near immediately cauterized, but her vision started to darken and she couldn't stand anymore.

Losing balance, she was to fall from the rooftop, only for there to be a sudden stop. A thin violet outline appeared around her and someone took her by the hands and legs, carrying her away from the rooftop.

The figure that was now carrying her back to the detective was the same that followed Amber to the rooftop, the one she assumed was a G.U.N agent. It appeared to have some degree of psychokinesis, as it could grab objects and even levitate.

When it finally reached the detective, it placed the dying Solaris on a table, with the researcher attempting to keep her alive with more lights and flashlights.

It wore a dark violet jumpsuit, along with a similiarly coloured leather vest. Its face was almost completely covered, save for its sad, violet eyes. It also appeared to be shorter than the detective.

"I'm sorry, I should have intervened."

(Frankly, I don't know why I expected anything else from an assassin. Since she had some connection to G.U.N, I though she was Chaotic Good or True Neutral, but I didn't really account for Chaotic Neutral.

Thankfully, my characters eat resistance for breakfast Very Happy )
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Hënë could only watch in disbelief as Amber attacked Solaris and watched her fall off the building.

When the figure in the jumpsuit came up with the girl's body, Hënë looked confused.

"Since when does G.U.N. dress Cloak and Dagger?" she hissed, "And if you're not, Then you should have! If she dies, then I have to tell the little girl's parents that she was Kill by G.U.N. because of some alien possession thing!"

Hënë was very angry, as her tone stated. It was one of the reasons that she hated G.U.N.. She stomped her way to the small heater and passed it to the researcher to help keep Solaris alive.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:49 pm

In the meanwhile, Amber traveled to G.U.N. headquarters. She spoke to Commander Tower's assistant- or, well, showed evidence of her job completion. Mainly the dagger she stabbed through Solaris neck, and some pictures discreetly taken when she left. 

The wolf was paid wonderfully, and as she took the envelope, she glared. "Didn't appreciate the little bug you sent." Her words were harsh and gruff. But the assistant seemed confused.

"What bug? We trust your, er... Work ethic Ms. Wolfe. We wouldn't have hired you if we didn't. You were quite a trainee back in the day." 

And Amber knew, if they wanted her tracked, they certainly wouldn't send some agent to do it.
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:54 pm

The figure had a worried look at Solaris and then a puzzled one at the detective. "I'm not from G.U.N," the figure responded. "I'm a bounty hunter. Someone wealthy placed a very generous amount of money for your head." He spoke in a slow, almost lecture-like tone.

Shortly after, he took out a small piece of paper and handed it to her. It had her picture, as well as all the alleged crimes. The reward for her head appeared to be in six figures. The self-proclaimed bounty hunter then sat on a chair.

"But I'm not here because of that, even though I could use the money," he started. "I'm here to warn you. I didn't get fooled by the fake list of crimes, but I'm just one racoon. Imagine the army that'll be hunting you just for the money." The racoon then had another look at Solaris.

She had absorbed all the lights they brought to her, but her condition only improved to the point of her being able to stay conscious. "I surrendered, asked for mercy..." she wheezed. "And she nearly murdered me. Please, tell me there's a way out of this..."

The researcher and his friend exchanged looks, with him looking back at Solaris. "Very unlikely. G.U.N is as persistent as it is ruthless. Will probably go after us as well for helping."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:33 pm

"Another one?" snorted Hënë as she looked over the list of crimes, "Someone hates me more then G.U.N....Their bounty is 750,000$. This person has almost a million on my head."

Hënë glanced at Solaris before the sound of someone panting came behind them.

Climbing ver the edge of the roof, a gecko with a pair spikes on his tail heaved himself over the side.

"Phue.." he exclaimed, "That was longer then I thought.

"Malahat!" snorted Hënë, "'Bout time you got here! Set up a fire near the school girl and hurry!"

"Eh!" snorted Malahat with a huff, "Give me a sec, will ya! I just climbed up the side of a twenty story building!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:47 pm

((I don't think Amber will fit in the thread anymore, she pretty much accomplished what she set out to do. Sort of. And just for the record, Amber did offer to help Solaris, but she refused, so.))
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:20 pm

(Well, it's been good having you here. Looking forward to RP-ing with you in another RP Smile )

The racoon watched in awe as a gecko made his way to the building. This was the first time he even saw a gecko.

"Well, that's about that," he let out and stood up. "Unless you need me to ID the assassin, be a witness or help you with something, I think I'll be on my way."

The researcher searched for another flashlight, but then remembered something and stopped. "Wait," he started. "Even if somehow manage to get you to survive the night, what about the host? Eventually, you'll have to release her."

Solaris looked at him and gave him a weak smile. "I will, I promise," he responded. "I just need someone who'll be willing to... host me."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:28 pm

Hënë glance towards Malahat before the gecko stammered "What?!...No! No Way!"

"I wasn't going to ask you." said Hënë, "Just get a fire going."

"Alright!" said Malahat as he places a jar of Moonshine next to the girl's body and lit it up.

"Now how are we going to find someone to take Solaris...." muttered Hënë.

"Maybe if we had a flicky around, we might have a short term solution." said Malahat.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:06 am

((It's been a pleasure roleplaying here. ^^))
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:39 pm

(sorry for keeping you waiting)

Solaris notices the gecko light up the jar of... whatever it was and she immediately started sapping power from the flame, but not too agressively. She could make it quick, but then the fire would be gone. Her faded yellow colour started building up in color.

"We... we can't stay here," she lets out, shakily standing up. "Once I start glowing, they'll see me. I don't think this 'G.U.N' relies on a dagger and no body." Whether they would take her seriously was something of challenge. The fact that she was barely standing didn't help either.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:01 pm

"Can I trust you to get the girl away from here while I amuse G.U.N. for a bit Malahat?" said Hënë.

"I thought you'd ask something else." snorted Malahat with a grin before passing a jar to her, "Take this to get their attention and don't get caught."

"Like they could even catch a cold." smiled Hënë.

She ran towards the edge of the building and jumped, deploying some wing like contraption. She tossed the jar below her and glided away from the building.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:58 pm

(Had this idea for the ending of this RP - The girl would get back with her parents, the Detective would arrive at the police station to collect her reward, but Solaris' whereabouts and/or fate would be unknown. What do you think of that idea?)

Solaris stared for some time and just gasped in awe when the Detective jumped and glided. How was that even possible? Well, all things considered, herself included, it wasn't all that out of place.

She then looked back at Malahat and started following him.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:50 pm

(it's a good idea. Let's roll with it)

A few days had gone by before Malahat knocked on the door of this one house. He looked over at the girl with him and waited for it to open.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hënë pushed open the door at the police station. She walked up to the clerk and dropped a sword on the desk.

"Here's the sword you cops hired me to look for." she snorted, "Tell the chief that I've kept my end of the bargine."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:41 pm

A bunny opens the door, gasping. She immediately hugs the girl. "Anna! You're back! Oh, I'm never letting my eyes of you ever again!"

The girl merely smiled. "Sure is good to be home."

Meanwhile, at the police station, the clerk only let out a slight 'huh' before pressing a button on his desk. Shortly after, the police chief arrived personally.

"Ah, excellent work," he let out. "As a gesture of thanks and because I'm a man of my word, the order to arrest you has ceased until further notice."

The chief then leaned towards her, as if wanting to say something more personal. "If you intend on stealing again, just make sure to be seen, okay?" He then leaned back and let out a hearty laugh.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:48 pm

"Not a problem." said Hënë with a low tone.

As she exited the station, she pulled out a wallet filled with money and an ID card that belonged to the police chief.

"Shame all this cash will got to waste." she said as she tossed the wallet into a nearby trash can.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't worry mam." said Malahat, "She was just scary badly. I ran across her in the next town over. Whatever it was gave her quiet the scare."

Malahat glanced at the girl and gave a quick wink.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next