Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Camille Whyte

3 posters

Go down

Lady Camille Whyte Empty Lady Camille Whyte

Post by SillyString Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:33 am

Well, here you guys go... I'm experienced with RP as a whole, but this is the first time I've dipped into the Sonic fandom. Please do tell me if there's anything wrong with Cammy or if something needs to be more thoroughly explained! The backstory is a bit barebones, my sincere apologies... I'll try to do a better write-up when I can...

Golly, I'm really nervous...

Why am I still typing stuff above the sheet...?

Name: Lady Camille Whyte (prefers just Camille)
Nicknames: Professor Whyte (Students), Cammy (Close friends only!)
Species: Karelian Bear Dog
Occupation: Professor of History at Station Square University, Monster Hunter, Magical Practitioner, Occasional Adventurer

Appearance: 
Camille stands at 3’ 11” and has an attractive athletic-yet-curvy body, covered in neat, soft fur, and a rather regal face. Most of her body is dark grey, with her chest, belly, and the inside of her thighs colored silvery blue. Her eyes are a slightly lighter shade of the silvery blue, and have a bright, intelligent look in them. Her black hair is styled neatly with an elegant victory roll and has occasional streaks of the same silvery blue color.

Her typical, non-teaching day-to-day attire is usually the same. She wears a long sleeve white button-up with a silver blue tie. Over that, she wears a waistcoat that looks more fantasy or anime inspired than anything. And over that she wears a suit jacket that only goes down to her hips and is hardly ever closed, cut more for mobility. The waistcoat is grey with golden buttons, and the suit jacket is black with golden buttons. On her left wrist is a luxury platinum wristwatch with blue hands and numbers. She will also occasionally wear black fingerless gloves.

Camille also wears close fitting black pants with a black leather belt that has a small polished steel and gold buckle. If she is wearing her sword, she has a second belt that goes at an angle across her hips. The scabbard is an odd black iron with polished steel bindings and tips, while elaborate gold engravings work their way up the scabbard. Her shoes appear to be the upper of trainers with the soles of hiking boots, with a grippy tread.

When she’s teaching, she wears a more standard outfit. The same button-up shirt, a more tame waistcoat, and a more normal-looking suit jacket, and a silver blue tie. She will still wear her watch. Her pants are more standard suit pants and not as close fitting, while her shoes are polished black leather business footwear. Her belt stays the same.

If she’s out exercising, she’ll be wearing a blue tank top, black shorts, and her trainer/hiking boot combo shoes. Beach days are similar, although there’s usually a swimsuit worn under the outfit.

With all of these, she will occasionally wear sunglasses with steel rims and blue-tinted lenses if weather permits. If it’s a particularly cold day, she may wear a black woolen trench coat or similar over her two more typical outfits.

She also speaks with a posh English accent.

References:
N/A, I do not have any artistic skills... I'm trying to learn, though!

Personality traits

- Coffee, particularly espresso of any kind

- Magic, particularly enjoys researching and breaking curses

- History

- Killing monsters

- Exercise

Dislikes:
- Monsters, although she saves a particular hatred for the undead and soulless.
- Lazy slobs

- Using her title

- Those who take advantage of the people below them

- Bright, holy magic. While not particularly weak to it, she finds it rather flashy and annoying.

- Particularly sleazy individuals

- Using expletives and insults unnecessarily

- She dislikes killing people via dishonorable ways (Backstabs, poisons, traps, and so on), and will vocalize that to people who actively use such methods.

Personality:

Most of the time, Camille is quite polite, although she can be chatty. She’s quite honorable and honest, and often will not insult others even if they insult her. She’d simply look at them with disdain and ignore the insult, then go about on her day. In combat, she’ll sometimes offer small jokes and snarky comments to her opponent. She can often snap into her “teacher mode” if she’s dealing with young, inexperienced, and rude people, acting rather stern and firm with them, but still not lacking her politeness. 

It’s very difficult to truly anger or emotionally hurt her, but if you do, she might challenge you to a duel. To the death. And that's not a very good thing for you.

Combat traits

Powers:
The first thing we have to cover for Camille’s powers and equipment is her sword, named Blackened Soul. A magical blade, Blackened Soul is virtually indestructible and is razor sharp. Blackened Soul is a longsword made of dark iron with a fuller running the length of the blade, with golden engravings inset into the fuller. The guard is a simple cross with additional golden engravings. The pommel is polished steel with gold engravings.

Camille can focus her magic into the blade causing it to gain an odd black glow, allowing it to cut through a large amount of materials and be used in a various amount of ways, including phantom blades, arcs of dark energy, and even an area of effect blast caused by slamming the blade into the ground. However, empowering the blade makes Camille unable to use her other magic until she stops the magic flowing into the blade.

Camille and fire dark energy lances at others that explode after penetrating their target, curseflame fireballs, black lightning, and even small shields. She can only do one of these at a time if she’s also fighting with her sword. She also has weak telekinesis, done by manipulating the magic energy in the air. She can’t lift anything heavier than five pounds, however, and mainly uses it to summon her coffee mug to her from across the room. Or a bagel. Additionally, Camille has a layer of magical energy acting like a weak shield, lessening the impact of blows to make them less than lethal. However, powerful enough attacks, magical blades, and some types of magic are able to penetrate with zero resistance.

Additionally, she can use the magic within her to detect other sources of magic and magic users, although this requires a focus. Using too much magic at one time can “burn out” her powers, leaving her only with the basic form of Blackened Soul to defend herself until a few minutes or a few hours later, depending on the severity of the overuse.

Camille can summon and unsummon the sheathed blade, but only if the sword is in the scabbard. All of her magic is either black, dark blue, or silver blue.

While ageless, Camille is not immune to death. In fact, she can die as easy as any other Mobian. She is highly resistant to disease, though.

Strengths:
- Highly skilled swordswoman

- Centuries of experience 

- Athleticism, and moderate skill in parkour

- Quite Intelligent

- Moderately magically powerful

Weaknesses:
- Completely useless with guns

- Has a magical aura that other magic users can feel… and it feels dark and ominous.

- While athletic, she is not insanely strong or fast, her swordplay being the only exception.

- It is difficult to get her to fight in dishonorable ways.

- Her magic feels and looks evil enough that it can get her into trouble.

- The source of her powers and the status of her family are sore spots for her.

- If she gets extremely emotional, her magic gets very volatile very quickly and pulls her soul closer to the Dark One.

- Camille is terrified and haunted by what she saw down in that pit, even after all of these years. She’ll avoid her family’s ancestral home at almost any cost, and certainly won’t bring it up in conversation unless absolutely necessary. As it is her greatest fear, it is possible to paralyze her momentarily in terror if you can make a convincing illusion of the Dark One. However, she is well aware that there is no possible way the Dark One would actually be there, and therefore recover from it rather quickly.

Social information

Positive relations
- N/A
- N/A

Negative relations

- The Dark One and Wraithsouls
- N/A

History

Camille was born into a family that practiced dark magic, and each family member gained a soul-binding contract to an entity only known as the “Dark One” on their twenty-first birthday. Appearing as a shapeless form ninety-nine percent of the time, there are very few people who know of its true form, and only an extremely tiny group of people have gazed upon the true form of the Dark One and have remained sane.

Camille grew up rather spoiled, the only daughter of two of the most powerful casters the family had ever had. Living high in her home, away from the world, the years passed quickly and she soon came to her twenty-first birthday.

The ritual was long, arduous, and frankly terrifying. Camille became more and more on edge as every instinct in her body told her to run, to cry, or to fall into the sweet embrace of death.

It would be a better fate than having a pact with an unknown dark entity.

At the final step of the ritual, Camille’s sensible side finally broke through the haze of dark magic dulling her mind.

All she had to do was to say… “Yes”. Yes to the control of the Dark One. Yes to the evil magic that already imbued her. Yes to the eventual destruction of her soul, and yes to the evil deeds committed for her patron. Camille’s one word, however, was not “Yes”. With all her family watching, and the true form of the Dark One in her vision, and the evil magic trying to poison her mind, Camille uttered the most important word in her life.

“No.”

With that, the pact was shattered, the dark magic in Camille attempting to kill her for the act against the one who gifted it to her. Fighting it down with the fabric of reality tearing itself apart behind her, the family manor began to destroy itself from the massive reflection of evil energy.

So Camille ran. Away from her family, away from her life, into a world unknown to her. The evil magic in her seemed to keep her body ageless and hundreds of years went by as she grew older, wiser, and skilled.

Despite that, she has sworn to never approach that house again…

Today she teaches people about history for a university, but will often take a day or two off to vanquish a few monsters… Or even a few weeks to break someone’s curse.

Dedicated to helping those with evil magic corrupting them and twisting them, Camille still stands today, ready for whatever may come her way.
SillyString
SillyString
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Lady Camille Whyte Empty Re: Lady Camille Whyte

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:46 am

Personally I think this is one of the best Bio's I've read, detailed and fleshed out. I'm over knowledgeable about a lot of the lore myself (Coming from comics more so then games.) However she seems to fit perfectly into the world itself. Quite unique in terms of the story and abilities she wields.

As for any thing you feel falls short, you mostly likely find that as you RP you can fill in those gaps as time goes on so don't worry about it too much. But this is definitely one character I'd enjoy seeing in the field. 

I think Shrike and her might share some common ground as well as being exposed to things beyond his understanding, I.E the magical and anomalies, he tends to explore these fields of unknown often.

But yes as a first timer I think you hit the nail on the head.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:18 am

I'm in the same boat as Shrike, this is excellently written. Can't wait to see Lady Camille out and about!
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down