Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Experiment

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Sixth Experiment Empty The Sixth Experiment

Post by KingOfGames Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:34 am

In a town hidden in a valley, there is a house that is seemingly empty most of the time. yet, despite that, this home is very well kept, as if someone was there 24/7, mail is sent, yet vanishes out of the mailbox in just two hours.

The reason why this is, is because a strange scientist by the name of Slash Kopis lives there, and his nanobots had kept everything in order while he was gone. But that isn't to say he isn't ever there, why he had just come back in the middle of the night, with a grin on his face.

He quickly unlocks the door and dashes inside, running down the stairs into an underground laboratory, talking to himself while doing so, followed by a metallic version of himself.

"I still can't believe that I'd find a Gizoid! It's a miracle! With this data, I can finally complete him!"

"Congratulations Master Slash, but try not to bump into anything." "Despite your body, you might still damage something in your excitement."

The metal copy attempted to advise his master to not damage anything important, to which he is replied with a dismissive gesture as Slash goes to a large computer and types away.

A few hours of clanking metal, tired neighbor complaints and furious typing, Slash rises from his seat in triumph.

It was ready.

After many many years, a seemingly species-less mobian was laying down in a capsule labeled: SX6-S0-XXX, finally complete. Its appearance looking more like a drawing base come to life than an actual person, devoid of color and everything.

Slash presses a button on the capsule, trying to contain his enthusiasm as it opens and the mobian starts to wake up, slowly uttering its first words.

"Who are you? And who am I?"

"I am Slash, your father, and you are currently known as SX6."
Slash replies, with the most amount of friendliness he could muster despite his fatigue.

"D-a-d?" "Dad! I am finally ready?!" SX6 responds, with an excited look that matched a child's.

"Yes! You're finally able to live! I am so sorry it took so long!"

"It's ok, ok! No sorries! Be hap-pey!"

SX6 says with a large smile, now clumsily dancing around the room, before suddenly stopping to face its creator.

"Does this mean I have to leave now? Make fri-ends and evo- e-vo-l-ve?" "But where? Where do I gogo?"

"Settle down, I'm trying to figure out where to put you, or even if I should take you anywhere at all..."

After a little while, Slash gets a spark of realization, summoning his metallic copy to take SX6 outside, where it was approaching midday in about an hour or so.

"Ok, your big brother Metal Slash here is going to take you to Station Square, that's the first place you'll be going, so if anything goes wrong, make sure to call him, alright?"

SX6 looked a little disappointed that it was leaving its "Dad" so soon, but that's what it was told to do, so it simply nods and takes Metal Slash's hand as they launch towards Station Square.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

The Sixth Experiment Empty Re: The Sixth Experiment

Post by RezTheFalcon Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:44 am

"Ah! Station Square! This place never gets old, does it buddy?"

A light blue falcon wearing a red scarf walked along the sidewalk of the bustling city, accompanied by a white wisp with curved antenna.

"I'm glad we finally have some down time from adventuring." The falcon said as their wisp partner chirped in affirmation.

The falcon looked around, admiring the flashing neon signs of nearby buildings, when he saw someone, or rather something, they thought they recognized.

"Wait. Spiral, is that..." They said to the wisp as they started walking towards the familiar looking person.

"Metal Slash? Is that you? It's us, Rez and Spiral! How you been, dude?" How's Slash doing?"

Rez then noticed the featureless mobian standing next to Metal Slash.

"Oh! And who's this? A new robot of Slash's design, I assume?"
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:06 pm

When Metal Slash had landed, he was soon greeted by a familiar presence: Rez and Spiral.

"Master Slash has been doing well, it is nice to see you again Masters Rez and Spiral."

"What you assumed is correct, this next to me is Master Slash's newest invention, currently known as SX6."

SX6 had been silently looking at Rez and Spiral, as if it were studying them, until Metal Slash had mentioned its name.

"Ooh! Big Bro, you were wrong!" "I'm not anything yet! I have to... uh... 'figure it out myself'." "Yeah!"

SX6 then approaches Rez, it was small so it had to stand on the tips of its toes to get close enough to his face.

"Your name is Rez-za, but big bro calls you 'Master', aren't you a bird?"

"Birds are weird, they fly but other things fly and they aren't birds!" "Like that one!"

SX6 points at spiral, then proceeding to mimic its floating with its arms (no it's not floating)

(I'm gonna attach this to the end of each post, but feel free to jump in)
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:26 am

It was a nice, warm Summer day in Station Square and a young woman named Julie was carrying groceries back to her new family's home. She seems relaxed, but the heat clearly made her uncomfortable - she decided to wear a white t-shirt and red shorts today just due to the heat alone.
It wasn't long until she noticed the robot, bird, wisp, and... white naked mole rat was her first guess- still, she notices them. Hard not to, honestly.
The child-like energy the strange looking one of the group was charming to her and piqued her curiosity. As she walks past she gives a small "Hello~" before turning to look at the... kid.
The chubby cat girl gives him a small smile. "You're absolutely adorable!" She then looks to Rez and Metal Slash. "What's their name?"
She figured she wouldn't stay long, she just found them cute. In the same way a feral puppy is cute - she was almost tempted to ask what they were, but was worried it'd be rude.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:49 am

SX6 continued to wave its arms until it heard a new voice, the voice of a cat, calling it adorable and asking for its name.

"Oh! A-door-able! "That's a nice word, nice lady!" "I don't really have a name so just call me SX6 until I figure that out!"

Metal also turned to face the girl.

"Greetings Miss, This is, as it said, SX6."
"A brand new creation from my own creator, I suppose you could call it a robot, but it will not stay this way."

SX6 was now staring at the tail of this stranger, almost entranced by it as it was from Spiral.

"It is quite young, so if it is disturbing you I apologize."

(Feel free to jump in)

Last edited by KingOfGames on Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:52 pm

When SX6 pointed to Spiral, then began trying to copy them, Spiral started giggling and circling the little robot. Rez chuckled at the two playing together. Then a cat walked over saying how adorable SX6 was.

"Oh, hi there! I'm Rez and my wisp friend here is Spiral. What's your name?"
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:53 pm

The robot and their younger companion responded with a name, and an explanation.
She was taken back, hearing that they were a robot but that ot could become something else.

"O- oh? 'SX6' is a robot? They look surprisingly..." She looks down at them again as she thanks of a word to use. "Fleshy? So they're like an android Pinochio?"
She looks to Rez and smiles. Such friendly faces around her.
"Nice to meet you, Rez! Name's Julie Winchester. I've never seen a wisp before, they look pretty cool." Her long, fluffy tail sways softly back and forth, causing her skirt to shake - the cyan stripe looking almost like ocean waves...
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:12 am

SX6 continued to stare at the tail for a little longer before snapping out of it, upon hearing the word fleshy, which, oddly enough prompted it to lick itself.

"No... I still taste like a can..."

It then heard the name of its new friend, the last name in particular seemed familiar.

"Winnechesty?" "Wasn't that a bird too? You don't look like a bird, Jully!"
"You are really big for a cat too! Big strong!" "Do you fight?!"

"SX6, please, not many people like it when you talk about their si-"

Metal Slash was interrupted by SX6 when it then started talking about Rez.

"Rez-za is small fal-can, but Dad and Clash say that Rez-za's strong too!" "This is confusing..."

This led to Metal Slash to seemingly sigh, Apparently this is what second-hand embarrassment felt like...

(Feel free to join)
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:45 am

When SX6 talked about how Slash and Clash thought Rez was strong, Rez replied,

"Yeah, I guess I am pretty strong! But not as strong as my buddy Spiral here. The energy he creates, called Hyper-Go-On, if collected enough, could probably power a small city!"

Rez looked over to the little wisp and asked,

"Whaddya think, buddy? Should we show little SX6 here what I mean?"

Spiral chirped in agreement before rushing to Rez's chest. Once he touched them, a white wave of energy rippled across Rez's feathers. As he got into a runner's posture, he said,

"Check this out, SX6!"

Rez then became a light blue blur, running around the city center. Up and down buildings, flipping on sign posts, and zig-zagging through cars. After a few moments, Rez came back to the group, skidding to a halt in front of SX6.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:32 am

Julie wasn't sure how to feel - she knew SX6 was new and meant no harm, and on some level she found it... sweet and flattering? She's never minded her size, but someone thinking she's strong and tough just cause she's a big girl made her feel funny.

"O- oh wow, ha... haha... well uh, thank you, I did use to lift weights, though I didn't think I was all that good at it, I guess." She chuckles a littke awkwardly while giving a soft shrug.
She looks to Rez and Spiral showing off and smirks. That energy kinda reminds her of her sister...

Wait a second-

"Wait, you know a bird by the name Winchester? Anything you can tell ne about them, maybe you met my sister?"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:29 am

SX6 was in awe at Rez's increase in speed, all from a such a small thing too.

Though eventually, Julie confronted it about knowing a bird, which got its attention back.

"Oh! No, I never see the winnechesty, but Clash told me that he met a... phi-nix?" "Pyra! that was the name! She's a nice lady too!"

Something that was very blue seemed to be approaching the group, though it was far enough away that Metal Slash hadn't noticed yet.

(Feel Free to join)
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:43 am

After Rez returned, SX6 talked about knowing Julie's phoenix sister.

"Your sister is a phoenix? That is so cool!" Rez exclaimed. "I've heard that they are immortal. Is that true?"

Spiral de-fused with Rez and floated down towards SX6. They then saw something coming towards them. The wisp flew back and tugged on Rez's scarf, making noises of concern.

"What, buddy? Something strange coming this way?" Rez turned around to see what had startled the small alien, as he readied himself to protect his friends if need be.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:17 am

Hearing her sister referred to as a "nice lady" made her smirk - she loved her sister but calling her a lady, or even all that nice, seemed to be a stretch. 
Rez seemed very intrigued though, much to her amusement. 
"[color-#87CEEB]Oh- well, technically? I don't know exactly how it works, but... well, to my understanding when they die they turn to ash and a few days later they are rebirthed. In fact, my brother Jack has done some tests on her when we first moved in, and he says she was literally reborn around the same day I was born.[/color]" She chuckles softly, her long tail flicking around as she rambles on. 

Then her ear started flicking and she had a surreal feeling. She reached behind her, grabbing onto... something and looked in the direction of the incoming blue. 

'Something's coming... and I don't like it.'

Last edited by ThePromiseIncarnate on Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing the code)
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:58 pm

Metal Slash was intrigued by the information about Pyra, as he had only heard about as much as SX6 did when Clash came to visit, SX6 on the other hand thought it was very cool.

Then everyone started looking behind them, which was a bit strange until a very blue rabbit was walking towards the group.

Pretty much everything about her was blue, to the casual looking clothes, to her iris', fur, pretty much everything but the eyes themselves were different shades of blue.

Her face however, looked somewhat annoyed as she got close and looked at Julie.

"Oh, Hello blue lady!"
SX6 greeted, but was completely ignored.

After a sigh, she spoke.
"Did you really need to start reaching for your weapon?" "My appearance may be strange, but I am quite disappointed, someone your age really shouldn't judge someone by their looks."

She then looked at Rez, who seemed battle-ready.
"Same to you, child, despite being significantly younger, you prepared yourself to fight, it's a real shame what they're teaching kids these days."

Metal Slash didn't really trust the figure either, he knew what she was, but since it involved a personal matter involving his master, he didn't feel the need to mention it.

"Greetings..."

The blue rabbit looked at Metal with an uninterested look, before crouching to look at SX6.

"This is... an interesting child you have here, perhaps they have a medical condition?" "My condolences in advance, but I am curious."

Metal said nothing, but what about the rest of the group?

(Feel free to join)
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:17 am

Rez was a little surprised by the rabbit's comment.

"O-oh! I'm sorry miss. It was just that something had disturbed my wisp buddy here, and no offense, but I think it was you."

Rez paused a bit, thinking to himself.

'Can I trust this person enough to tell them about SX6? I mean, she did startle Spiral. Hmm... I think I'll hold off on telling her the truth for the time being.'

Rez cleared his throat as he asked,

"S-so. What's your name, miss? I'm Rez, and this is Spiral. And once again, I'm terribly sorry if I came off a bit hostile before."
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:18 am

Julie was taken back by the rabbit's comments, unsure whether to be upset she came off as threatening, or annoyed with their tone. She removed her hand from "hammer space" to show she wasn't intending on following through with it. 

"I- I'm sorry u- um- uh, ma'am, but... you really shouldn't have sneaked up on us? We were just talking, but you know how dangerous it can be around this city, you know?"
She gave a sheepish smile, as she scratched the back of her head and stepped away from her, next to Rez. 

The rabbit confronts SX6 and makes comments about him possibly having some sort of medical condition... what's up with her?! You don't just ask something like that out of the blue!
Julie was getting a little irritated, but she tried staying strong. She'd be leaving soon - this was a conversation she shouldn't have barged into, herself. These were such nice people though...

Rez introduces himself to the rabbit, and asks for her name. Julie looks to Rez, then follows up shortly with a "My name is Julie, nice to meet you." That was a lie, obviously. 
The second part, I mean. Her name is Julie- 

Whatever.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:59 pm

"I startled. A wisp?" The rabbit was a little confused at Rez's explanation.

Julie then gave her explanation for what she was about to do, which confused her further.
But neither answered the question... What a day.

"Snuck up on you? I was merely walking to work, and I'm pretty sure that blue sticks out quite a bit."

They then introduced themselves, which made her look a little less annoyed, at least they had the courtesy to do that, despite the cat's tone.

"My name is Cortana, and thank you for apologizing Rez." "Apologies for my tone, I've just been called into work and I woke up an hour ago-"

Metal Slash cut in.

"This child is a construct, hence the lack of features."

He and Cortana exchanged a bit of a stare due to being interrupted.

"Uh... K-tana!" "Helloo?" SX6 attempted to say again, this time actually getting attention.

"Ah, sorry, like I said before, I am tired, I am used to tuning out children due to their tendency to point out my appearance, it is nice to meet you as well."

SX6 looked happy to make a new friend, even though everyone else was frowning.
Cortana mustered a small smile and shook its hand, a little surprised at the smoothness, but it was to be expected.

Strangely, those that were glancing at the group seemed to stop doing so, as if nothing was there to glance at.

(Sadly, this is the last call, Join while you can.)

Last edited by KingOfGames on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:09 pm

"Cortana. Well, I guess we kinda got off on the wrong foot here." Rez said as he scratched the feathers on the back of his head. He reached out to give her a handshake before saying,

"Here's to fresh starts. So, where do you work?"
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:42 am

Julie wasn't so quick to be apologetic this time, but she decided to remain quiet until she found an opening to speak. She held hers hands together in front of her, and fought herself to not start rocking and swaying.

Last edited by ThePromiseIncarnate on Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just skip over me for this, I have nothing to add ^^;)
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:56 pm

Cortana took a look at Rez when he asked where she worked, only to get a sad expression on her face.

"It's nothing huge, don't worry about it."

Metal Slash then approached Cortana

"You should leave before something bad happens."

Cortana sighed and turned away before saying something.

"You should really get better sensors, it's already begun."

SX6 fell to the ground with a clank, it looks like it was turned off, and Metal soon followed.

the surrounding area for a couple of feet has become much more blue, static was rushing around this field as Cortana presses against the side of her head.

"Successful, two associates as well as Metal Slash, we will arrive shortly."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:37 am

Rez saw the area nearby suddenly gain a blue tint, and small arcs of electricity were sparking from nearby metal.

"Huh? What's going on?" Rez said as he turned and noticed his reflection in a nearby glass-lined building.

'Oh you've gotta be kidding me! I look ridiculous!' Rez thought. His feathers were sticking up, making him look like a walking feathery pin cushion. Rez then felt Spiral tug on his scarf, making noises of distress.

"What is it buddy?" Rez said as he turned around. He gasped in shock at what he saw. Metal Slash, along with SX6, were laying on the ground offline.

"Oh my gosh, Metal Slash! SX6!" Rez rushed to help the robots off the ground, but once he reached out his hand, a spark of electricity arced from Metal Slash's metallic skin to Rez's hand.

"Gyah!" Rez held his hand in pain as he overheard Cortana seemingly talking to no one.

"What the heck are you talking about?! Associates? And what did you do to my friends?!" Rez said as he stomped over towards the rabbit, clearly angry that something wasn't right here.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:07 am

Julie's fur begins to stand on end as she feels a strong, uncomfortable tingling sensation, like static shock, or how you feel in a CAT Scan.
She growls lowly as she narrows her eyes. She can't grab her bat like this, she'll get the pissed shocked out of her!
Her ear was already stinging from her gold ring.

"What's going on?!" She growls out, panicked but clearly angry. Her voice was surprisingly deep.
Julie's arms were shaking - she doesn't think herself a fighter, but she was so confused and frustrated and wasn't sure what else there was to do... was the edge of the field dangerous, would it shock her?
"W- what did you- why- t- turn off the field now!" Her retractable claws came out, but she was still holding back. She was freaking out.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:44 am

Cortana sighs as she stands up straight and alters her form, turning into a slightly taller cat, still incredibly blue.

"Electrostatic field, Rez, not very good for machines running off of electricity, and as you can see, messes with metal and, well, your feathers."

"As for what's going on, you're being immobilized and transported back to base for associating with a potential weapon of mass destruction."

Cortana gave a demeaning glare over at the frustrated Julie and remarked:

"Though, seeing as you still are able to move for now, I suppose if you can beat me, the field will be turned off, I'm not necessarily made for direct combat, so I'm sure even a novice such as Ms. Julie could possibly beat me."

As she goes on, the field is starting to grow more intense, though, not as quickly as it was before, as if she's purposely slowing down the process, as well as the field growing a bit larger, along with the edges forming a stormy blue dome around them.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:10 pm

Rez stepped back a bit when the rabbit in front of him suddenly changed into a taller cat. Spiral was surprised as well, and flew under the end of Rez's scarf.

"What the heck?! What even are you?!" Rez said, looking up higher to meet Cotana's gaze.

After Cortana finished her explanation, Rez said,

"Weapon of mass destruction? Surely you don't mean Metal Slash. I mean, I know he's a capable fighting machine, but he has no intention of hurting anybody!"

Rez then thought for a moment.

"Hold on. Are you saying..." Rez looked over to SX6, then back to Cortana. "Little SX6 here is a dangerous weapon?"
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:19 am

She was made rather uncomfortable at the idea of a fight, but she was challenged and the field was set.

She takes a deep breath and steps back in refusal.
"N- no... I don't want to fight. Please, just let us go!" All her hate and frustration turned to fear.
"SX6... I imagine he's got potential, b- but right now he wouldn't hurt a fly, let him have a chance to exist, a- and-" she puts a hand to her chest and chuckles hysterically, "And I'm completely innocent in this, all I did was have a friendly conversation and now you're literally threatening to kidnap us?! This kinda shit is illegal, who do you work for to have this kinda authority!?"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next