Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Fox series

2 posters

Go down

Star Fox series Empty Star Fox series

Post by C.S.O. Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:14 pm

I've been on a somewhat obsessive StarFox binge here as of late. I was just curious to know if there are any other fans of the series here.

Not sure how well the game series, based on a shoot em up style, would relate to Sonic the Hedgehog fans, but the setting of a solar system filled with anthropomorphic characters might be a good starting place for common ground between the two.

Not like 'Sonic in space' is an uncommon occurrence after all. Wink

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Star Fox series Empty Re: Star Fox series

Post by Wolf478 Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:57 pm

Yeah, I'm a real big fan of StarFox 64, I haven't really had the opportunity to play any other StarFox games, but it has to be hands-down one of my favourite video games.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:08 am

StarFox 64 was definitely the game I spent the most time on in the series. I wasn't too big of a fan of the original game on the SNES, but I can appreciate it now. I became a bigger fan of the series with StarFox Adventures and Assault though. I enjoyed the characters and story more with those ones even if the gameplay wasn't what made 64 such a good game. StarFox Command had good ideas but wasn't well executed and I hated the story. I haven't had a chance to sit down and play Zero yet but I hope it'll be worthwhile when I get to it.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:00 pm

While I, as I said before, haven't played any of the other Starfox games, I have certainly looked at reviews of the other games in the Starfox series and from what I've seen, the original on the SNES is obviously not as good as the 64 version, due to console limitations, but I can also respect it for starting off the entire franchise. That, and I feel that all Retro games deserve a bit of recognition simply for being Retro because you never know how they've influenced the games of today.

Ohhh *Shudders* Starfox adventures... I'm going to have to disagree with you there, From what I saw, it looks atrocious, but I'd have to actually check out the game for myself, I shouldn't be too quick to judge. 

And I must say Starfox Zero looks like it would certainly be worth a console upgrade for.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:41 pm

Adventures is not a good game. It's pretty dull and repetitive all things considered. I gave it a try since I'm a big Legend of Zelda fan and it was sort of a cross between StarFox and Zelda. I enjoyed the story and character interactions though.

I'd like to see a remake or retelling of that game though. It could have been so much more. Learning more about what was planned does disappoint me about what the game ended up as.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:23 am

Yeah, I get what you mean. The main part that I didn't enjoy about Starfox Adventures (Or at least the reviews of Starfox Adventures) was that the main antagonist was General Scales instead of Andross. I understand that they wanted to try something new, but... I don't know, from what I saw, it just didn't feel like Starfox.

And I also am a big fan of Legend of Zelda, so that's probably the reason why I don't downright hate S Adventures, and I think that as much as I dislike the game, you're right, it could use a remake for the Switch.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:30 am

Oh really? As I understand it, in the original game, when it was being developed and before it became a StarFox game, Scales was meant to be the main villain. Once the game became a StarFox game and Fox became the main character, they just shoehorned Andross in as the big bad guy. Pretty much why he comes out of nowhere.

I wouldn't mind an update of the original game, but I think it would be better if they did a full re-imagining of it and improved the various game elements. Make it something more fitting for StarFox characters on foot.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:42 am

Hmm, That's very interesting. I was not aware of that, but now that you say it, it does begin to make sense. And yeah, I think that a lot of older games, including the Starfox series, need a refreshing re-model, or even as you said, a re-imagination of.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down