Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange Intruders

4 posters

Go down

Strange Intruders Empty Strange Intruders

Post by Vega Desol Tue May 15, 2018 4:18 pm

It had been just a few hours since a poster was sent to the guild. It was a big, in-your-face design, looking for a few members to assist with an odd occurrence outside the city's perimeter.

NEEDED: GUILD MEMBERS FOR RESEARCH OF STRANGE BEINGS

ODD FIGURES HAVE BEEN CIRCLING THE CITY SINCE LATE LAST NIGHT.

DO NOT TAKE WELL TO OTHERS.

INFORMATION IS NEEDED.

REWARD FOR INFORMATION: 4000 RINGS SPLIT BETWEEN GROUP

BRING ANY INFORMATION TO POLICE DEPARTMENT

One of the first members to see this, rather obnoxiously written poster, was a newer guild member. Vega Desol, he had been particularly quiet on thus far, no really taking up on any quests. Yet, something about how loud and brash this poster was written, along with the chance of getting into a fight, made his mind up.

He would mark himself down to take this job on, grinning a little to himself, Wondering of the possibilities. Could it be some wandering monsters? Demons? Ghosts? It was all so exciting, it got his blood pumping for action. He was about ready to rush out the door before he paused. "Oh. Right.. Guild Member 'sssssss'". He huffed to himself before folding his arms, leaning back on the wall which the poster lied.

All he could do now, was what for his supposed 'team mates' to show up, after all who could ignore such a bright, colourful notice for adventure?
Vega Desol
Vega Desol
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Strange Intruders Empty Re: Strange Intruders

Post by Spekkal Tue May 15, 2018 4:40 pm

When it comes to research, every group needs a scientist. Someone to take notes, observe and analyse while the heroes were running about with adrenaline in their system. Thankfully, someone had taken up this role- that was none other than Boa. Odd, strange beings lurking about? Unanswered mysteries and a potential for uncovering advancements? Of course he was going to go! Of course he was going to partake in this discovery! Even if it was a bust, he was a scientist and this was true adventure to him! The poster, as garish and bold as it was, immediately caught his interest and he'd signed up on the spot.

So indeed, heading towards the exit of the guild was a small creature dressed in a white jacket and hat, carrying a briefcase. Just under average height, he wasn't exactly an imposing or looming figure. However, what he was was perhaps a little strange and unusual. Rather than fur, the creature had dark blue skin. Light blue markings were etched across his body - specifically a circular marking upon his forehead. His hands and feet held only three digits instead of five, and they were clawed. And above all else, the figure had four pupils instead of two. His species was completely undefinable, his being was an enigma.

And when he approached, the man tipped his white hat in Vega's direction with a small and welcoming smile. As he spoke, Boa's accent was... foreign, to those who were observant. His words were clear as day, yet his voice held a pang from the East. "Hey there!" he warmly called out, raising his head and offering his spare hand for a handshake, "I'm uh- I'm Boa! Guild Scientist! Taking on this... quest. The intruder quest? The one with the uh, lots of colours." The small man paused, settling his briefcase onto the floor, finally and awkwardly allowing a moment for Vega to respond.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue May 15, 2018 5:54 pm

One of the new Guild Members, a young woman strange in many ways herself. But before we get into that-

Julian walked close to where the poster was - a few quests were on the screen, she was sure to look at those later assuming they weren't filled when she got home, but first off... This paper was eye catching in many ways - colorful, bold, short and sweet and to the point. It also had a strange prospect - "intruders". She'd dealt with monsters, entities, and the like before. But... What would be strange to a Mobian? 

She signed up, bored and ready for an adventure herself, plus her curiosity was piqued. She had gotten new journals so she could help take notes assuming she wasn't required in the fighting, not that she was all that confident in her ability to fight. 
Then again, nothing can happen until you swing the bat she remembered James told her, referencing a Japanese cartoon she loved as a young teen. She signed, smiling, before heading to the door only to notice people already at the door.

To begin on what I was going on about at the start, Julian was strange in various average weighs. Very chubby, dull colored fur and red eyes, she lacked the natural Chaos Energy that many Mobians naturally had which would make her aura feel very emptyto others, and most notably, she was a giant compared to "other" Mobians. In other words, big in both ways, feels weird to be around, and off colors...

The cat looked down at her team mates, excited for the adventure, not recognizing anyone among them though not expecting to.
"H- Hello, my name is Julian Winchester, I'm coming along for the intruder quest. Nice to meet you~!" Even her voice was dull and low for an excited young woman.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu May 17, 2018 9:49 pm

One word came to mind as the hedgehog looked at the badly designed poster: garish. Though many others came to mind. Obnoxious, unclear, and almost a little suspicious. I mean, why would someone post a quest to just... check up on a few figures seen in the night? 

Looking over at the rest of the board, it appeared a small group was congregating. Were they here to accept this particular mission? Either way, if these people were, indeed, as suspicious as the submitter claimed, there was a potential that they could be dangerous, and that was exactly what Caen was there to stop.

“Oh! Um... Julian, yes? We met on that guild mission not too long ago. And... Boa?” The hegehog questioned, trying to remember both of their names, as they had only met once before. “I... Presume you’re both here for this mission?” He asked, crossing his arms. 

He looked over to the other figure, with white spines. “Oh! How rude of me!” He said, before bowing and speaking “I’m Caen. Nice to meet you, um...?” He stopped, only just realising that he hadn’t asked for their name.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vega Desol Thu May 17, 2018 10:41 pm

Vega had only been waiting for a few minutes when he was suddenly greeted by an odd looking, short, blue creature. Now, of course, Vega would tilt his head as it wasn't something he'd see everyday, but he wasn't unfamiliar with other-worldly looking beings. Oh wait, he was being spoken too, better not be rude. He turned his gaze to Boa and then extended his arm out to accept the handshake, not letting it linger on. "Names Vega, I'm a...guild...person." He replied, nice. He wasn't exactly used to the whole thing with the guild, especially seeing as this was his first 'mission'.

Letting that sink in, the pair were then approached by yet another odd looking being, a very tall person, and they seemed to be very... stoic? He couldn't get a read on them. He would pause as she then introduced herself, his arms folding now. "Hm, well, again, Names Vega, and welcome to the team I suppose." He said, looking around as they had started to form quite rag-tag team of individuals.

Before he could linger on the odd outlook of the team however, he found that they were being approached by, well someone a lot more conventional-looking. He would watch, seeing this person greeting the other members of the team, pausing to simply stand there before he was addressed. "Hm? Oh, its Vega." He replied rather simply before shifting himself off of the wall he was leaning on. "Well, looks like this is our team, guess we should start heading out to the city outskirts?"
Vega Desol
Vega Desol
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat May 26, 2018 3:11 pm

The first one to approach was a large, dull woman. Compared to Boa's less than average size, the lass towered over him. Despite that, the creature didn't show any sign of nervousness or fear - indeed, the feline's own nerves were displayed as she spoke, she was covering that for him. He arched a brow, and offered a smile as he glanced up at her. "Hey Julian! I'm Boa" he welcome with a grin, "Welcome to the team!"

And the final team member was Caen, who he already knew, albeit briefly! Admittedly, Boa was happy to see a familiar face in this small crowd, he didn't really want to go into this with new people he didn't know at all. And judging from what he'd seen of Caen's abilities? Well, he was feeling safer already. That was to say, he didn't know what the other two held for potential, and he hoped it wouldn't reach a point where it was needed. Plus, Caen remembered his name! He smiled at that, offering a nod in return.

Tipping his white hat in agreement with Vega, the small blue creature turned his head towards the exit, "Think so! If, uh... if this is all of us?" Boa raised his hand which held a black suitcase, and he tapped it with his claws, "I should mention - uh, if you weren't aware Julian since I think Caen knows already but I'm uh... a scientist! Of the guild! I'm hoping it won't come to anything drastic, I'm just going to tag along, make notes, and try and work out this mystery along side all of you!" He smiled, evidently excited for any potential discoveries the group were going to make.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat May 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Julian was surprised Caen recognized her, and had to think hard to remember his name.
It was very clear she was struggling with something for as much as she tried to hide it, staying quiet the entire time until the lightbulb went on j
In her head, "Ah, yes, Caen that's his name, uh- glad to meet you all, and nice to see you again, Caen."
Nailed it.

She began thinking in her head about Caen's name, primarily trying to find a way to remember it better, Cain and Abel kept coming to her mind as she did. Then her name was mentioned and she realized the strange creature 'Bou' was rambling on about being a scientist who'd be helping in researching the titular strange intruders.
She already knew there'd be a scientist here, he didn't need to make such a big deal about it.

"I'm just curious is all. I'll help in anyway I can but I'm not even certain what'd be so 'strange' about whatever we're going to look at, I wanna see for myself.", she began, before looking to Vega, her mind attributing natural leader status to Caen simply because he looked like a hero, but standing close to Vega due to his forwardness and readiness for adventure, wanting to follow right out the door after him, "I agree, let's head out."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue May 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Caen nodded at Boa, smiling a little "yes, notes would probably be important. Oh, and if you have a camera, that might be useful," he said, before his face went straight again "I'm here for the possible case where things do get drastic. I'd say I'm half-decent with a blade, but I won't draw them unless absolutely necessary, of course."

He looked towards Vega, nodding at them. "I would say that waiting by the outskirts would be the best course of action. Should we stay together, or split up, though? We could cover more ground, but if something were to happen..." He hesitated, deciding the group would know what he was getting at.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vega Desol Thu May 31, 2018 8:30 pm

"Well.." 

Vega spoke up, having let everyone get introductions out of the way as he stood forward to the group, his arms folded over his chest. "Splitting up sounds like the best idea yeah." He paused, taking a glance over the members of the team for this quest before pausing.

He glanced at Boa for a second, before beginning to speak again. "I'm assuming the more information we gather on these 'things' the better, so your notes and research is important... so, if we split, we'll put the strongest member of our team with you... we can decide who that is on the way to the split up point." He then glanced to the rest of the team. "Any objections?" He questioned before heading to the forward entrance, beckoning them to follow him.

"Well? Come on, I don't want these things leaving before we get there!" His energy seemed to shoot up a little, becoming a bit more excited and prepared as he exited the doors, leading out, the city perimeter was a straight walk ahead, they could split up there and circle the city itself.
Vega Desol
Vega Desol
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Boa breathed a sigh of relief at Vega's brief consideration towards him. Boa was not a fighter at all, he couldn't fight. He refused to. A pacifist at heart, even if it came to confrontation, he worried he wouldn't be able to get the group out of a bad situation. Still, the creature did dearly hope that it didn't reach that point and these 'things' were docile and friendly. And they were soon going to find out! Boa pumped his fist into the air with energy - let's do this!

"Sounds like a plan!" Boa agreed heartily, walking forward himself to keep pace with Vega. He didn't know of Vega's abilities, nor of Julian's potential in combat. His eyes briefly glanced to Caen, but he didn't want to be the one to ask. If Caen wanted to do his own thing, Boa didn't want to drag him down in the process. He huffed a little to himself, shaking his head. That could wait. They weren't splitting off yet.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Julian looked on with a serious... somewhat blank expression, nodding as Vega and Caen discussed plans. As it continued, she found herself stepping side to side, ready to do something.
Who was the most capable fighter of the group...? 'Certainly couldn't be me.', she thought to herself. Once the discussion came to a conclusion, Julian smiled, almost seeming to jump little in excitement, "Sounds like a plan!"

She headed to the door after Vega left, and just kinda... stood there, holding the door open and ready for the others.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down