Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stoking the Fire

+5
Mark the Hedgehog
Codename-Jack
Thunder
Xaelvik
Jaredthefox92
9 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Stoking the Fire  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by The Red Blur Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Caen turned around and smiled "fair enough. Feel free to take a look around, or watch some tv, or even play some games! I'll be back after a little while... Maybe thirty, forty minutes, at most?" He said, before bowing and making his way to his room.

He closed the door and slumped against it, exhaling a long, drawn out sigh, before continuing further in, shrugging off his coat and throwing it onto the bed, and then carefully undoing his boots, taking them off and carefully putting them away. He continued on into the bathroom.

Meanwhile, as Yukiko looked around, she could be able to spy a set of photographs, all in simple black frames, that contrasted with the white walls. One of these pictures was Caen, with a white fox with brown hair leaning on his shoulder. She held her hand in a peace sign, while Caen just smiled at the camera. The odd thing, though, was that Caen looked much younger in this photograph. Another featured a pair of hedgehogs, a male and a female. The male was dresses in a nice black and white suit, while the woman was in a pretty red dress. The picture made them both seem... Grand, in a way?

If she looked around a little more, she would see, on one windowsill, a small trophy, shaped like a cup. It was polished almost enough to see yourself in it. Engraved on it was 'To the best little actor we know'

All in all, though, the room was pretty minimalistic, with little in the way of décor.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Yukiko gave a soft eye smile as Caen vanished off behind his bedroom door to get freshened up for this meet up before succumbing to her curious nature and made a beeline for the picture frames that caught her eye. She had a strange knack for looking at photos and imagining past events that were behind the photos in question. It made her happy for some unknown reason. Maybe it was being able to see the family that was behind the person? She really couldn't tell. 

She gingerly picked up the picture with the younger Caen and the white fox and wondered who she might be. A past girlfriend? His childhood best friend maybe? The photo was older, so she wouldn't feel completely at ease asking about something in the past that could possibly make the red hedgehog upset or even angry, so she merely closed her eyes and gently placed the frame back where it was before she disturbed it. 
Looking on to the two hedgehogs, Yukiko deduced that they were in fact Caens parents from the general idea of the picture being the only one with them in it. From her point of view, Caen didn't come from a worse off family, matter of fact it looked like they were able to live quite the comfortable life together. 

So what happened to jeopardise all of that? What could have happened for such a tragedy to happen to them? 

Amber orange eyes scanned the rest of the cosy room to see anything else that would interest her. Naturally, Yukiko was a curious cat so being able to look at things made her feel better if it meant keeping her attention for a little while anyway. She spotted the shiny cup on the window just across from where she was standing and couldn't resist the urge to pick it up carefully and read the engraving. The words made her feel quite emotional: the cup was clearly given to him by his parents. 

Its strange, how little objects that could mean nothing to an outsider can make the world of a difference to someone else who owns that little trinket. It made Yukiko think about her own parents, bless their souls in heaven. She knew they were watching over her, but she always thought in the back of her mind that she wasn't doing the right thing by going on her own path of life. She knew her father wanted to give anything if it meant she carried on his legacy with his business, but she just couldn't ever bring herself to feel the same passion about Crescent Industries the way he did. She did everything she could to make her mother and father proud of her, but deep down even though they gave her praise and happiness for her efforts, she knew all her dad wanted was the former. It was another reason why she gave her mothers surname as her own... To avoid people asking her why she wasn't doing her fathers work. 

The violet feline suddenly came back to reality as she still held the little personal trophy in her hand. Tears had been running down her face without her knowing, and she quickly wiped her face to clear the evidence away. If she had a letter mysteriously appear on her doorstep saying her father may still be alive in any form, she would probably do what Caen would. She understood now. If there was even a chance it was him she would take it. 

"I think I understand you a lot more now, Mr Caen..." Yukiko quietly spoke to the cup in her hand as she placed it back down in it's proper place. She inhaled heavily and went over to sit down on the hedgehogs sofa to wait for him to come back out. She looked at a nearby clock to realise that some time had passed. 

"I... I guess reminiscing is a lengthy process... " 
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:06 pm

With another, more contented sigh, the hedgehog emerged from the bathroom, drying himself off with a towel. To be honest, he felt much better now that he had freshened up a little, boosting his confidence a little. Even if this letter was a trap, at least he would have made a couple of friends, right? That's the mindset the young hedgehog took as he begun to change clothes.

Soon, the sound of the doorknob turning signalled the arrival of the red hedgehog, his normal clothes swapped out for some black jeans, a dark blue jacket, and some sturdy brown boots. The same coat that he had been wearing was slung over his shoulder as he walked in, using his hands to come through his quills. "I'm back!" He said, smiling over at Yukiko, before throwing the coat on the sofa and walking to the windowsill.

As he looked out, down at the street below, he picked up the same shiny cup that Yukiko had spied, and clutched it to his chest, closing his eyes. After a few moments, he put it down gently. He chuckled "any time I have a performance, I do that before I go. It's a good luck charm, I guess." He said, glancing at the snow leopard "I... Guess it also helps calm my nerves. Funny how these things work," he continued. The tone of his voice was pleasant, yet somewhat nostalgic. "Seven years..." he whispered to himself.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:11 am

The rounded ears belonging to Yukiko twitched as she heard the door to his room opening again to show the red hedgehog now wearing different clothes, more suited for the future plans for tonight. She had been thinking over some stuff after looking over Caens precious items and jolted back to attention the very second the door clocked open, making her tail puff up slightly. 

She nodded subtly at the comment about the flame hedgehogs routine and couldn't help but feel a warmth inside her. "It's the little things they leave behind that mean the most to us, isn't it?" She couldn't stop herself before the words came out, so looked momentarily embarrassed about the outburst. 

"I-I mean, I know how you feel about doing something to make it feel like they are still there." She pulled out a small pendant in the shape of a crescent moon. It was a crystal, a clear baby blue in colour, and glittered when the light touched it. It had no chain, however, so she instead always held it close to her inside a pocket close to her heart. She flipped and turned it in her hands as if it was the most precious thing in the world to her. "This was the last thing they ever gave me. It isn't worth much to any normal person... But it keeps them close."

Yukiko felt emotions swirling around in her again and realised she was trailing off onto unnecessary matters, so quickly put the tiny crystal back in it's special space and forced an enthusiastic smile on to her face. "Anyway! This is getting us off track here. This is your time, and we need to make sure we are properly prepared before we head out."

She heard Caens soft whisper of "seven years, " and couldn't help but turn her head to him in question as to why he mentioned it so quietly. Was that how long ago they had been gone? 
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:19 pm

Caen chuckled softly "the things they leave behind, yes," he said quietly, closing his eyes and reminiscing. When he opened them again, he found Yukiko was holding something close to her heart. A... Crystal, by the looks of it. The snow leopard explained how this trinket was the last thing given to her by her now deceased parents. Caen's face straightened "I-I'm sorry... I forgot that you're in the same sort of situation as me. This must all be very difficult for you..."

Yukiko forced a smile, trying her best to get the duo back on track. Caen himself feigned a smile, and replied "y-yes, of course! But... I'd say we're kind of prepared. I mean, we have a basic strategy if things don't work out, and we know when and we're this will take place, so..."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:38 pm

"Hah... I guess that's another thing to add to the growing list of similarities?"
It was more of a question than a statement, but she knew Caen felt the same way. Too many coincidences were happening towards them, and yet here they were, still going through with this plan of possible attack. 
Yukiko shyly looked up to Caen as she was still sitting down. It wouldn't be long now. "I know to stay back until something might happen, but what will I do if there are no ways of cover? Do I stay further back? Or keep low to the ground?"
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:34 pm

Caen appeared to almost ignore her first question, as he looked out at the streets below him, once again. He seemed to be searching the horizon for... Something. Even so, he had to agree. The sheer amount of coincidences that the young hedgehog had come across on that day alone swirled through his mind. Could this be down to some greater power, such as fate? To be honest, he was unsure. Either way, he turned back to Yukiko when she asked her second question.

"I... I don't know," he said, resting his chin on one of his hands as he half-crossed his arms. "It all really depends on your fighting style. If you're more of a long-range type of person, Id suggest stay as far back as possible. Although, low to the ground will just restrict movement, so I'd say that's a bad idea..."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:54 am

Yukiko sort of shuffled her feet in a shy manner. She was still feeling pretty nervous about the whole thing, and with never having someone to fight for before now, it was also a first time thing.

"I-I mean in terms with keeping up with you if you should go walking together or whatever. You know to keep out of sight? Fighting-wise, I can b-be long or close range, so that doesn't matter too much, it's just being able to know when to take action really...."

A gentle chill went down her back, making her shudder slighty. It wasnt unpleasant, more along the lines of just a feeling that a lot was about to happen, and she was starting to feel it. "Will we go early or leave to be there just on midnight?"

Boy, did she feel like she was asking the never ending question list, but Yukiko knew that by asking these things, it also became clearer in the mind of the flame hedgehog also, so she hoped she didnt sound too whiny towards everything.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Caen continued resting his chin on his hand, pointing his head further down. He shook his head as he ran through different ideas in his mind. "I'd say stay further back, at least somewhat, but stay close enough. I don't know if there would be any reinforcements, so I would like to still be able to reach you, just in case."

When she mentioned how she didn't know when things go wrong, the hedgehog chuckled "there's one go to signal with that," he said, reaching for his sides, patting them. "oh! Hold on, be right back!"
He returned to his room for a couple of minutes, before returning with two scabbards strapped to his sides. He patted one hand on the pommel of one of his blades. "if these are drawn, it means I am ready to fight. If you see this, be prepared as well."
He looked up at the clock "I don't know. What would you think would be a good idea?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:26 am

Yukiko saw the scabbards now attached to Caens person and couldnt suppress the curiosity rising in her body. He used pyrokinesis, yet used weapons? 
"Apologies for changing the subject, but can you channel your flames through your blades?"

Maybe that's how she would be able to see him? He could encase his blades in fire, which would light them up, not to mention make them hot and more dangerous. She stopped there. Thinking it over, maybe that was being too flashy in regards to fighting. It would be cool though. 

"Back to the subject at hand, " Yukiko mentally scolded herself. "If you want to, we could maybe go a little early and get a scope of the area to see how we could go about this whole meet up? Or, if you want to preserve yourself, we could stay here for a while? This is a big thing for you after all... "
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:35 pm

"I can," Caen answered to Yukiko's first question "but... Well, it's weird. While I can use pyrokinesis, like so," he summoned up a flame in his hand, waving it around before extinguishing it "it can't deal much damage. What I use in combat is more akin to... Spells. I can only use so much of it at once, before being burnt out, for lack of a better term. That's why I carry these." He said, patting the two sheathed blades.

Yukiko's other question, however, took longer to answer. He leaned back on a wall behind him. "I know the area, so I should know the general layout, but... I... I really don't know, anymore. Everything that's happened today has been... Just weird."

((sorry for the wait, things got busy over the weekend!))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:31 am

((uh... Foreva?))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:06 pm

((Sorry Red, I can't rp at the moment. Really busy but I'll try and get a post up tomorrow when I have free time.))
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:22 pm

Yukiko looked over the red hedgehog silently, he was going through a lot today, so she couldn't really blame him if his head wasn't completely in the right place. 

"You know if you're really not up to it you don't need to do this?" The violet feline lowered her gaze to the floor shyly as she lowered her ears a little. Her feet had become rather interesting all of a sudden. "I personally wouldn't blame you considering everything that has gone down today alone...and you have had a lot happen all these years? You have every right to have a break from it all."

Yukiko let go of her tail that she had completely forgotten she was still holding on to, and shifted her weight to stand up. She turned to fully face Caen as her mouth changed to a thin line. She could almost feel how tense the crimson hedgehog was, but also had a strong feeling that he wasn't going to back down, not when he was so close to getting some answers after all.

"I'm here no matter what you choose to do though, remember that."
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:10 pm

The hedgehog closed his eyes, gently rubbing his chin as he appeared to be thinking, once again. Soon, he stepped away, lowering his arms to his sides. He looked at Yukiko, his face displaying a newfound sense of determination. "Yukiko, even if I wanted to, I cannot abandon this. For nearly eight years, I thought my parents were dead. Knowing whether or not at least one of them is actually alive will give me some small amount of closure." He says, his voice as unfaltering as his facial expression.

He sighed, looking away towards his window again. "Still, I'm glad you're shouldering the burden with me. It may not mean much, considering that we've only just met but, Yukiko, you're a true friend."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:08 pm

((foreva? If we need to put this on hold, again, we can do that...))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:26 am

((Sorry Red, had a lot going on lately, I'm back now though!)) 

Yukiko folded her ears back submissively. She understood and felt the sheer determination emanating from the first hedgehog. Yes, he would go on without regrets, for it was set in his mind that he would in fact, get some answers tonight. 

However, she didn't expect him to call her a 'true' friend. She had only today really heard anyone refer to her as a friend at all, so felt a blush of gratitude flare up on her face. "I... I only see someone in need, and don't wish for you to carry all of your problems alone into this possible battle. Too many distractions could cost you your life after all, if you understand what I mean?"

She then did something she never believed she would openly do without someone pushing her. Yukiko walked to Caen and pulled him in for a hug. No underlying intentions or anything like that, just a friendly hug to let him know she was there until the end. 

"You looked like you needed this." She smiled as she gently pulled away. "I know it's a little random and sudden, but I just felt that you needed something to make you feel better about everything, even if it was only for a few seconds."

Yukiko then felt quite foolish. What if he wasn't a touchy person and she actually made him feel worse? A mental sweatdrop appeared as she began to worry that she could have possibly upset the hedgehog before her, but did her best to preserve her inner emotions and keep a poker face in case she was worrying for nothing.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:23 pm

As the pair of them stood in silence for a few seconds, Caen felt somewhat calmer about the entire situation. He was confident that however it turned out, he would still get some answers. Yukiko was the first to break the silence, explaining how she believed that Caen should not be the only one to face this problem, and voiced her concerns for if he did suddenly change his mind, which he wasn't going to do. Before the hedgehog could reply, though, he felt the snow leopard's arms wrap around him.

Caen's eyes widened, and his muscles tensed in surprise, before he soon relaxed, returning Yukiko's hug and patting her back in a friendly manner. He couldn't help but feel that she was right when she explained why she suddenly did it, and he nodded back "yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks, Yukiko," he replied in a softer tone.

The hedgehog raised his arms in front of him, clenching his hand into a fist "Let's... Let's do this. You and I."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:22 pm

Yukiko couldn't help but give an eye smile at the new found confidence she heard in Caens voice. 

Hugs fixed everything, if they are given at the right time of course. 

"I'm right beside you!" She chirped, all traces of her nervous stutter gone for the moment as she felt herself be filled with a similar determination to that of the pyro powered Mobian on front of her. Yukiko was glad that she didn't step out of line or made him feel uncomfortable. She just wanted to reinforce his feelings toward what was to come and that was exactly what she had accomplished. 

Smoothing down her scarfed top, she looked back to the red hedgehog. "We have a few hours to kill, do you want to take a walk or something rather than just stew away in here waiting? It may well help pass the time."

White fingers ran through thick black locks. So much was happening today, and her head was reeling with trying to take it all in. So much to do with thinking about action made her feel giddy, almost ready for anything.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:19 pm

After he spoke, Caen noticed that the stuttering issue of Yukiko's appeared to get somewhat better. Was she as determined as he was? That, he couldn't know. Still, he was glad that she tried her best to comfort him and calm his nerves before the potential battle that could ensue.

When he watched the snow leopard smooth over her shirt, Caen realised that the cuffs of his jacket were rolled up. How had he managed that? With a quick tug of his jacket, and an embarrassed chuckle, the hedgehog answered the Yukiko's question "to be honest, I have no idea. Between work, and going on bizarre adventures, I usually just stay here, so I'm not the best when it comes to killing time."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Orange orbs brightened when she heard Caen didn't really know what to do until that night. A walk would do them good, not to mention keep their heads clearer for the possible endeavor ahead. 

"I think getting out and keeping our heads fresh would be a good idea. Being inside can be quite... Stuffy too."

Fixing her gloves on her hands just for something to do instead of fidgiting around in another's home, Yukiko then pulled the baby blue bobble from her hair, before grabbing her hair itself and tiring it up into a high ponytail, leaving her neat bangs to once again fall back into her face. The little swirl or hair that never listened, still disobeyed it's master and stuck out in it's usual obnoxious fashion. 

"Hehehe who knows, maybe you'll drop your wallet again and find someone else looking for you to return it?" She winked in a cheeky response to the red male.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:06 am

Caen almost fully agreed with Yukiko. Perhaps a clear mind was what he needed around this time? He leaned his head back, straightening his quills with one of his gloved hands "yeah, I see what you mean. Got anywhere in specific you wanna go?" He asked, before chuckling at Yukiko's joke
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:40 pm

The violet cat placed a thoughtful hand under her chin as she began to ponder on where to go that would keep their minds open but not stress them out.

"...How about, the central park?" She questioned after a moments thought. "It's open spaced, and most likely an are where a lot of other people will be just relaxing and enjoying the day."

Yukiko swayed her tail slightly in content as she was waiting for Caen to see if he agreed on her thoughts or not. It was turning out to be a nice day and even though she wasn't the biggest fan of the heat, she knew it would be better than being cooped up inside.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark the Hedgehog Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:20 pm

It was dark outside and Mark just walked to a town he had no idea of. He was on a quest to find every major area on foot and mark it out on a map, like a town or a major city. He checked off this town on his map "Bingo" Mark says now all he needs to do is find a Motel to spend the night. He walks down the street looking around for shelter, he looks left and right walking down a sidewalk suddenly a sign that says MOTEL there are seven rooms in this minor motel. He walks in and orders a room "That will be 20 dollars" the lady at the counter says Mark gives her the 20 dollars she says "Your room number is 3." He walks up the stairs to see his the number 3 next to the door of his room he unlocks it with his key and opens it.

Its a small room with a single bed and a desk next to it. He places his holster and his Glock 18 with his Combat knife on the desk. He gets out pieces of a Butterfly Knife and connects the to pieces of the handle and the piece used for flipping the handle and connects the blade onto the top of the handle and finishes the Butterfly Knife. He flips the knife for practicing his Butterfly Knife skills. He sighs and says to himself "Time to go to bed" he plops down on the bed and swiftly falls asleep.
Mark the Hedgehog
Mark the Hedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:49 pm

((Hey, Mark! To be honest, I thought you already had! Provided you know mostly what's going on in this RP, then of course you can join! Just be sure to slot yourself into the RP without derailing it too much!))

Caen nodded at the suggestion. The park sounded great. Soft, green grass flowing gently in the breeze, with all types of people relaxing in their own ways. Something so mundane, and so boring, suddenly sounded incredibly relaxing to the hedgehog

"Yeah, the park. Let's do that." Caen said, walking towards the front door. "It might help us just... Clear our minds, you know?"

((EDIT: Um... I should probably point out that it's still, like, early-evening in the RP, Mark))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next