Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evilution : count down to chaos part 2

Go down

Evilution : count down to chaos part 2  Empty Evilution : count down to chaos part 2

Post by Shrike Marine Thu May 19, 2016 4:51 pm

H.R.C personal audio log
Security detail.
Coporal Shrike Bravo squad security detachment G.U.N military.
Date May 13th

So....the big day is here, as I said in my previous audio log we have been finally shifted into our turn for patrol and security protection. We also got a few messages directly from the command control room stating tonight marks a important field test of a device that had been in production and testing for several years now. Now I have no idea what this thing is but all we were told is that " Tonight Arkgate comes online" What ever the hell that is suppose to mean. What the hell is a Ark gate any way?

At this point right now security is being ampped up, instead of the usual 1 unit per shift routine, tonight every unit has been requested to be on station, that is a total of 4 dozen soldiers, what ever they are doing it seems to have a potential risk involved, great enough to call every soldier to be on station during this so called "big event" I am still wondering what it is we are going to see or hear, probably none of us grunts will be allowed to see it we just here to keep the peace and maintain order. 

Last night was extremely disturbing according to a security officer who was on watch last night at the infirmary, according to his description something happened to the computer system that he was using to monitor the area, he said the monitor began to flash violently, suddenly changing the entire screen and display disturbing images of horrific nature, he stated he had to unplug it because he simply could not handle what he was seeing. This raised some alarm yet when the technical guys arrived there was no indications of any change in the software or that the device had been tampered with. Yet he believes with out a shadow of a doubt that what he saw was real. Probably another guy who lost his marbles and will not doubt be shipped out. 

But that is not the creepiest thing to happen during the night. Our oh so full of them self delta team was keeping watch just at the entrance of Damocles labs, when they reported a scream coming from inside the lab sector, 2 of the soldiers entered into the lab to search the area, and found what appeared to be Mobian, who was wearing a uniform of a worker that was responsible for over seeing the importing of a based substance we are allowed to identify as C24. Upon getting closer the two soldiers noted his strange movement and sounds he was making, as he turned around his physical appearance had changed dramatically, he grabbed the first thing he found, that being a un boxing knife and lunged at the two soldiers who due to quick reflexes gunned him down on the spot, It was reported the being took far more shots then a average mobian should of taken to put down.

Upon inspection Delta team reported the situation directly to command and control stating the name and tag of the being who attacked him, now get this. This worker who was walking around and who had attacked them inside the lab....had been dead for ever 3 days after sustaining heart failure while working inside the lab....he had been dead.....for 3 days...no life..no signs...proclaimed dead....and there he was..wondering the lab and attacking our 2 soldiers....what in hell's name happened...how was this even possible. Delta's 2 and 1 reported strange energy reading coming from the being as well as his eyes being a distinct glow of orange. This...this is something I do not have words for. Delta 1 and 2 have been removed from their posts for further investigation and questioning. 

Moving onto something that is less out of this world messed up. The final tests on the new badass exo based military suit were finished today, and man does it look intimidating. They calling it the HAVEC suit standing for ( Heavily armored, versatile, exo based, combat . Suit) Its construction is classified but does it do a lot, Apparently it is able to increase all aspects of the user who uses it. Increasing speed, agility , durability and strength. The suit is also designed to withstand massive damage to the point where it could actually stop moderate chaos attacks, now that is just insane. The suit also has a on board AI that monitors some of the smaller systems and helps the user when in times of need. It's design purpose is to arm the soldiers of G.U.N with a suit capable of standing up to far more dangerous enemies and coming out on top, man what I wouldn't give to be wearing that!

As in my closing comments I got about 20 mins till they begin subverting power from the other parts of the complex to divert it to the Horizon lab complex where this ArkGate device is housed, they need all the power they said to get a full test run and check that it is stable, So I hope what ever this device is helps the world in one way or another I will be checking in soon again.

This is Corporal Shrike Bravo unit security force signing off. 

-log ends-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down