Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~!

+4
spark tb
Electrisa
Dregan
Whip~
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Empty Re: Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~!

Post by Remmis Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:02 am

I agree with Spek and Dregan~! =D
I think it'd be a nice idea to just go through the game as it is, since your commentary is what makes it, tbh~! cx It's just a lot of fun to see you react to stuff.

But yeah no pressure uvu
Remmis
Remmis
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Empty Re: Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~!

Post by spark tb Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:27 pm

I am 100% with all the nerds above me on this - Personally speaking, the actual nuzlocke side of things isn't the fun part of these things to me, but rather the absolutely adorable commentary style you have.

Like you could narrate paint drying and I would probably read it in awe.

But yeah! I fully understand you not wanting to continue with this [especially after losing Acorn twice. rip in peace of you dimension jumping shiny seed child.], but I'd love to see you doing something else! Be it just a normal run through of a pokemon game, or as I alluded to earlier, a full blown adventure of drying paint c:
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by -Karma- Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:33 pm

Damn, I saw what happened and that sucks, I've mostly been watching without commentating but honestly you were doing pretty well until that dude. But ,know what, you did amazing so if you ever decide to do another one of these It would be pretty interesting.
-Karma-
-Karma-

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Thu May 26, 2016 5:51 am

Alright... weeelll...
After two and a half months of just... stepping away from this, I think I wouldn't mind continuing this on. =3
I've been in the mood for some Pokemon and I'm too broke to play the 3DS games (or even own a 3DS in the first place), so why not jump back into this and mess around with it? =3

Coming back into it, I'm probably going to shy away from a Nuzlocke Challenge. I love the challenge that comes with it, but I've never been great at Nuzlockes and the frustration really isn't worth it. That said, I think I wanna keep most of the Nuzlocke rules in play, limiting what Pokemon I can catch and where, but I'll nix the Faint = Dead rule. =3
We'll just explore around and have a little fun with a bit of challenge, but nothing that will break me if I fail, aye? =3
Soo... I guess we should jump right in! Let's continue on this Not-so-Nuzlocke challenge then, aye? =D

...Frick. It's been so long I've forgotten where we're at anyways.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo10
Ooooh right. This guy. 8I

Right right, We got utterly wrecked by the challenge tower thing. That was... that was unfortunate, to say the least. <<;;
Still. Even though this isn't a Nuzlocke challenge, I still don't think we can handle this guy with our current team, so I'll just step out and maybe try again when we have a few more levels over them. =3
Speaking of, what was our team like again?

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo11

Right right! So we have our starter, Edge, alongside our two oldest friends, Avery and Acorn
And... I think we'll leave deceased friends be. It'd be disrespectful to dig up Miracles' corpse and puppet him around, after all. >v>;
So this is our team. Not too weak, but could definitely use some training, what with these tower dudes rocking mid-twenties and junk.

So right! Stepping outside reminds me that we're in Serenity Town. There was a Team something-or-other hotel up north, and a path to a new area down south.
The story is clearly asking me to handle the hotel dealie, so I figure we should probably go take care of that first, just to get it done and over with. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo12
Ugh I forgot how pretty this mod is.

Everyone here seems to be on vacation, which is concerning because they all seem to own Pokemon that are just ripe for the stealing. >>;

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo13
Including this lady, who I don't really care for. I'M TOTALLY AN VERY IN

But yeah. The nice couple at the counter ask me if I have any reservations...
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo15

...so of course I lie and say yes. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo16
Frick.

How many children's lunch moneies do I have to rob to afford a room? >:I
So yeah. We're not allowed to buy a room I guess. Stupid overbooked vacation island. 
Nonetheless, there's no doubt that Team Fusion(one of the tenants reminded me that this place is called Fusion Hotel) is up to no good though, so in we go, further into the scam vacation home. 
I'm thinking all vacation homes are scams though, so you know. Fair game, Team Fusion.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo17
Also this Sentret is me. It's actually me.

Despite what some tenants told me, I can actually just use the elevator to visit any floor I want, which is nice. Since I've never been here before, I figure it'd be best to just visit every floor in the hotel in order.
So on the second floor (Sorry guys, this is confirmed not UK or it'd be the first floor, huh? ;D ) there's a forgetful old man, an overworked maid, and this obnoxious lady who asks me to send a message for her. 

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo18
I actually stood here in stunned silence for like, a minute. How Dare.

Though, as annoyed as I should be, 1). She has a pretty name, and 2). I wonder if this is a legitimate side quest. If it is, I'm totally down so long as I get some kind of reward for it. c:
So I immediately book it to the fourth floor where her friend, Diana, should be.
And I find her.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo19
Wh-I-L-LADY DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?? I AM THE FABLED PURITY, CHOSEN WARRIOUR OF ARCEUS WHO DEFIED DEATH T W I  C E.

But I guess a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. So uh... time to find the kitchen in this place. 8I
But fiiirst, a cheeky little sign outside told me about a move tutor that can teach any Pokemon any move on this floor. I don't totally believe it, buuuut... If it IS true...
Well, that'd be worth a look into at least, I think. C:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo20
Seems legit.

So inside seems to be a pretty regular room with a couple of ladies at the front desk. Before chatting with them, I saw two other customers and asked them about their experience. You know, to test the waters.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo21
...I have no words.

So it seems like it'll be a bit pricey, to say the least. c: ;;
Well, enough beating around the Tangla, let's see about this tutoring session! =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo22
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo23
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Aaaahh....
This is a little less "Teach any Pokemon any move" and more... teach any Pokemon one move in particular, I think.
Weeelll.... Spore is an okay move, but I want to see what the other lady is offering first before I spend my hard-earned child-beating money.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo24
Now see THAT is more like it!

Holy crap. I can run Acorn with Leaf Blade.
Can I get a frick-to-the-heck-yes?

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo25
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo26

Okay guys. I might have misjudged Team Fusion. I'm totally okay with their studies if it means getting Leaf Blade on a Shroomish.
Heck, I could go back and earn more money to get Leaf Blade on all of my Pokemon. It wouldn't be particularly useful, no, but I could.
I at least want to save up some more to get Spore to replace Acorn's Stun Powder. =3
But for now, that's enough. I am pleased with this result. c:

Wait what was I doing before?
Oh, right, hunting for that kitchen. Well, it's not on Floor 4, so I might as well check out Floor 3, and then Floor 5. =3

Well, on the third floor, all I notice is a girl running back and forth on the carpet. When I catch her, she just lobs a fire stone at me.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo27

I mean, sure. If I'm fortunate enough to catch a Vulpix or Growlithe later, I'll definitely evolve it. =3
Besides that though, the only other thing here is an elderly man who's children bought him a hotel room for his 80th birthday, but he'd much rather spend the day at a quiet lake with them.
Hey guys, make sure you call your parents/grandparents and tell them you love them, aye? uvu

Anyways, off to the fifth, and final, floor.
You know, so far I haven't seen any wrongdoing from this resort. Team Fusion just seems to be running this legit business and junk. It's kind of cool. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo28
Well frick.

Unfortunately, I guess I really do need a key to reach the top floor. And I bet you the kitchen is up there too, which sucks. XD
Oh well though. There isn't exactly anywhere else for me to go in this place, so for now I guess I'll just uh... take the alternate path down south. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo29
Oh wait. This guy's a chef.

Nevermind, I guess I can deliver this meal over to Diana so she'll stop being hungry and let me deliver her the news.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo30
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo31
Motherfrick the what? 

Ho I have some news for you. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo32

...I think we know why Team Fusion is evil now. They enable spoiled brats like this chick. 8I
Well, whatever. The stupid vacation lady has her news, now time to collect from Melanie on the Second Floor.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo35
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo37
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo36
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo38
Wh at.

Nononono. No go frick yourself lady.
I'm not some delivery girl that bends to your beck-and-call and squats off to get your groceries because you cry for it. Get bent.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo39

So yeah I went to the mart and picked up the stuff.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo40
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo41
I'm going to wreck this broad.

So then I go and deliver to Diana.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo42
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo43
WH. RIGHT NOW??

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo44

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

JOKES ON YOU HO. I WAS CARRYING A SUPER POTION THE ENTIRE TIME!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo45
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo46

...Where's my reward.
Melanie better have my reward.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo47
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo48
I'M NOT YOUR--

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo49

WH-WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING??

I'm gonna burn this fricken place to the ground. 
So heading back to the Fourth Floor, I go on a click-hunt to find that stupid bathing suit.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo50
What were you even doing taking off your bathing suit in the middle of a hallway??

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo51

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo53

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo52

FRICKEN FINALLY.

...I don't know what that does. But Tickets are usually handy so... whatever. Worth it, I guess.
And then she just vanishes without a trace like some kind of ghost.
I'm not going to dwell on that too hard.

A-ny-ways, That's that taken care of. We now have a Wish Ticket in tow and only one real path to take now!
Isn't it great that we've gone this far and haven't had a single battle?
I'm happy we stopped to help those horrible horrible women. 8I

But anyways, we cut through Serenity City and head south to the other exit.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo54
Thank you good sir, but I'm actually leaving the Isle. 

So a little bit to the south is a new route, Turquoise Bay!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo55

Which means of course, a new chance to get a new friend! But first, we've got some pesky trainers to deal with. =3
Turns out there are a ton of trainers on this route, most of which are unskippable. Not that I was going to skip them anyways, but considering they all have evolved second/third stage Pokemon... well, it was a little daunting to say the least. 
Nevertheless, the only real trouble was with a Gible that knew Dragon Rage. The rest of the trainers were no problem for our team~! >=D

At the end of the bridge, the route also ends, giving way to a Forlorn Cape!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo56

No friends on the previous route, though it looks like when we get Surf later, we'll be able to catch something there. 
For now though, let's hope we can find something here in Forlorn Cape at least! =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo57
Oooor not.

A few inches later and we're in Springside Path!
That name sounds familiar....
Checking records shows I've never caught anything here though, soooo let's shoot for a new friend! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo58
U-UM.

At least it's not shiny.
Unfortunately, we have Acorn. Dupes Clause in effect, so let's just... beat it and move on~! =3
Even though an underlevelled Breloom would be awesome to raise.
*sobs*

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo59
That's MUCH better. c:

A Zorua~! Edge is already going to be a pretty powerful Dark Type, so this little guy might not stick around for long, but I'll take a Zorua for as long as I can~! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo60
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo61
Oh yeah. Zorua has the move "Transform" to make up for the lack of "Imposter" in this, doesn't he? =3

Unfortunately, there's no name backlog, so for now, I'll name this little guy. If you guys have any names you wanna throw at me, go ahead and I'll use them~! For now though, let's call youuuu....

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo62
Because I'm unapologetic trash. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo63

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo64

Aaaand alright! I think for a first come back, this is a satisfactory episode! Made a new friend, learned a new move, and did some labour for a bunch of unappreciative college girls. Pretty much how I expected my day to go in any event. C:
So thank you for reading~! Next time, turn back around(I seem to need CUT to go on any further unfortunately) and see where we're supposed to go next! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Team So Far~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 404-- Edge, Level 24
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 162-- Avery, Level 18
*Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 285*-- Acorn, Level 19
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 570-- Riku, Level 14
--
--

In the meantime, lemme know what you guys think about this return~! Are you okay with me using my current save, or would you prefer I start back from the beginning? Should I reinstate the Death Penalty, or just go at a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery and story that comes with Glazed? =3
I'd like to hear what you all think! In the meantime, thank you again, and I hope you have a good day~!
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Thu May 26, 2016 11:53 am

Aren't we all that sentret
Aren't we all?

Also ngl, you're a more patiant man than I. I'd have stumbled into that side quest, then left after the second part - because oh my god, those people no. Screw you ghost Melanie and hopefully-not-a-ghost Diana.

Anyway! I, for one, am perfectly happy with you carrying on with this save file. And whilst I think some kind of death penalty should be in effect, for the sake of not slowing down the run too much, I think it should be.... far less strict. IE, something like 'if one third of the team faints, they dead. If two thirds faint, last save. If all the team faints, you can just use the center' or something like that. Just to keep up the challenge, without completely destroying your soul, you know?

and finally! We reach the most important part of the run - names! I propose: Toxic, Poison, Venom, Waifu, Evil, Ebil annnnnnd... Balance, I guess.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri May 27, 2016 3:30 pm

YES, THIS IS BACK. I AM GENUINELY HAPPY AND HYPED FOR ITS RETURN. So glad to see you progressing and enjoying what Glazed has to offer!
Also, go speak to the sailors at the port. The wish ticket is a small side-thing which you'll enjoy!

And I say just do what you want, really! Your commentary makes it for me, and I'm happy either way with what you do. As long as you're having fun, that's all that matters!

And for names, I propose;
Seinfield, DeVito, Wiseau, and &Knuckles
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri May 27, 2016 4:42 pm

This pokemon glazed version seems quite interesting. Do you know where you found the rom hack? I mean, yeah, your commentary's good, but I wanna experience it for myself.

Last edited by The Red Blur on Fri May 27, 2016 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry. forgot there was a second page.)
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Fri May 27, 2016 7:44 pm

Spork wrote:Anyway! I, for one, am perfectly happy with you carrying on with this save file. And whilst I think some kind of death penalty should be in effect, for the sake of not slowing down the run too much, I think it should be.... far less strict.

I see what you're saying. =3
But instead of having a system like what you proposed (I could just cheese it by letting my whole team die if one dies, you know?) I could perhaps instead work on a life-based system? Where each Pokemon gets a certain number of lives before they are kaput?
I'm thinking perhaps two lives per mon would be fair, but I'll let you guys decide. Until then, I'll just do my best not to faint until we've all reached a conensus. c:
So for now, let's get back into it, aye?

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo65
Ah yes, the good, fresh scent of a finished route.

So yeah, there's this dead end here at the end of the Springpath whatever. Whilst I could potentially jump that ledge, I don't have the HM Cut, so I'd rather not trap myself beyond it unless I absolutely have to. Besides which, there's still a gym back in the town that we should probably challenge, so back to the gym we go~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo66
Th-thanks pal. You got it this time.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo67
Aaaaand here we are!

So, if I remember correctly, this gym leader is The Dedicated Archeaologist, which probably means they're going to use either ground or rock-type Pokemon. Lacking any water types, I think this means Acorn is going to take the lead for a while. 
Which is fine, since I just got a shiny new Leaf Blade to play with. C:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo68

It's immediately pretty obvious what the gimmick here is. Fall down hole, climb ladders, rinse and repeat until you find the leader. All the while we'll be mowing down some dumb ground types. I'm down, let's do it. >=D

So the trainers indeed are all using ground-type Pokemon, and at startlingly high levels. It wouldn't be a problem if the game allowed me to grind at all, but beyond that one grass patch to the south, there isn't a lot of grind potential here.
It's just as well, however. Acorn can handle most anything thrown at her, so all is well for most of these battles.
Something I did notice, however, is that there actually appears to be a Special/Physical separation in this game! During one of the battles, a Sandshrew continuously used Defense Curl. Whilst Leaf Blade began to do pitiful damage, Mega Drain was totally unaffected. 
I'm not sure if that's definitive proof or not, but should anyone know for sure if this mod has that separation or not, please let me know. It's a very useful thing to know! =3
(Post note: I looked it up, and it does! That is SO cool, and I'm super hyped about that. Gotta keep it in mind for the future! =3 )

Worth noting as I drag through this big old cave (the graphics here are probably my least favourite of the game; they don't look bad, just uninspired I think), is that Acorn won a terrifying fight against a Nidoking and Nidoqueen, and then...

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo70
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo71
'Eeeeey! We got Shiny 'Loom~! =DDD

This makes me happy. I was really banking on Breloom, especially since Acorn is now such a heavy hitter. It sucks to say bye to Mega Drain, but Mach Punch is so good.
And a little further north of that last battle where Acorn evolved, we come across who I'm assuming is the leader of this gym, Terry!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo72
What, no Pokepartner next to you? Ah well...

(That screenshot should really show you my biggest problem with this gym's appearance. It's just so dull and unenthused...)

But yes! Time for the big battle against the super-hard gym leader! Acorn is good and evolved, and we're all potioned up, so it's time to do this thing! >=D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo73
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo74
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo75
When we're through, you'll be the one quivering!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo76

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo77

So his first Pokemon is Gligar! And at a fairly high level too. Normally a Flying type pokemon would make me fear for Acorn, but I believe Gligar shouldn't know any flying moves until later, unless Bounce was re-introduced in this mod. Which means the only thing I should be fearing is Poison Sting. But besides all of that...

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo78

I went and picked up Spore along the way. c:
So this Gligar is a joke. It goes down in a few turns and manages to waste one of Terry's Super Potions. XD

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo79
Next up is something a little more intimidating; Vibrava. I can't remember if Vibrava is a Dragon or a Flying type(I know Flygon is Dragon/Flying, but...), but in any event, it's a touch scarier just because potential dragon-types always scare me. Still, it didn't get off more than a single harden, so all went well.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo80
Didn't even break a sweat!

Then comes his final Pokemon; a Phanpy.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo81

It doesn't exactly look scary, but that level is something I don't want to underestimate. Still, as a pure ground type, it doesn't have anything too scary for Acorn, and with her evolution, Acorn turns out to be faster and gets off a Spore. The battle is over. c:

(Oops I ACCIDENTALLY SKIPPED OVER THE VICTORY SCREEN, I'M SORRRYYY! All he said was "This battle was splendid!", so... Sorry! >V>;; )

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo82
'Eey! Another one...
*sunglasses*
Bites the DUST.

*quiet sound of someone yelling in the distance*
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo83
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo84
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo85
Technically not true. Fissure, another Ground-Type Move, can easily out-DPS Earthquake given the right set-up.

But still. YOOOOOOOO. EARTHQUAKE ON THE SECOND BADGE ARE YOU KIDDING?
THIS IS AWESOME! WHICH ONE OF OUR NERDS CAN LEARN EARTHQUAKE??

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo86
Oh.

Well still. Earthquake is a very useful move to have this early on. If we catch any friends who are able to use it, I'll be hecka pumped! CX
For now though, we got ourselves a badge! Now we're one-step closer to the Elite Four!
Buuuuut now what. I haven't a clue where to go from here oops. c: ;;

After healing up at the Pokemon Center and scurrying around town for a bit, I really couldn't see much of another option besides hopping the ledge over on Springfield Path or whatever it's called. Upsetting since I don't have Cut, but if it's the only option, then so be it. Let's get going on this path! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo87

Ooooh, I remember this path now! This is the way to the right of our home town!
Well, frick. I guess that means we're at the start again. Buuut, I've never gone into any grass over by the Professor's secret garden, so perhaps I can sneak into there now that I have Pokemon of my own?
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo88
Ugh, Purity you kill joy.

Alright, well... I'm really lost now. I guess the best thing to do would be to head on back over to where the professor is and go from there? It's worth a shot at least, so to the right and back home we go!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo89
But not before checking in with the parents, who apparently actually missed me quite a bit.

Friendly reminder to check in on your parents--*slapped*

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo90
Oh look, a plot cutscene! I guess we were meant to be here after all!

So this dude is Blake, of the Tunod region's Elite Four. To be honest, I really don't remember him oops. >>;
But it's just as well, since he thankfully introduced himself again. Nice dude. =3
So Blake and Willow fill me in on the deets about Team Fusion. Apparently they're mucking around in a place called The Haunted Isle, a small inlet to the west of Serenty Isle, the place we were just at. Blake is worried that they might start defacing the ruins there, which, I mean, fair. Most gangs deface things a lot more than they do any other crimes combined, so I mean, this isn't exactly unexpected. He goes on to say that if I want to help him, I should meet him at the port in Serenity Isle.

You know. The Isle I just got back from.

The one I'm going to have to walk all the way back to again.

Motherfrick.
After that wonderful news, Blake dashes off. But before I can trail listlessly behind him, Willow stops and asks me a secondary request; deliver a pressure sensor to Seaspray Town so they can use it to maintain their dam.
That's kind of cool~! I've already said before, but I adore legitimate and realistic tasks like this. Not to mention they have a dam???
I remember the name Seaspray. A bunch of people over in that one place with the electric gym were gushing about how pretty it was. That has me psyched.
Not to mention a place called The Haunted Isle?? I loves me some ghosts types. I'm all kinds of down for this. c:
So, let's go! The long journey back to where I was ten minutes ago starts now!

(but luckily for you guys, I'll just skip to when I get there. c: )

Oh, but before we go...

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo92
YOOOOOOO

I don't know why, but I'm really excited to catch a friend there! Like, there's nothing indicating it'll have particularly cool Pokemon, but the fact that it's been closed off to me before now makes me really wanna see what friend we can catch there~!
So of course, we're blasting back to that spot and getting ourselves a new pal. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo93
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo94

Oh! And look at that! I don't have to take the long path over now either.
Willow, you are surging to the top of my list right now. Holy crap, thank you a ton. C:
Well, first thing's first. Who will be our new friend from Willow's garden, huh? c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo95
MOTHERFIRCK THE RRWHAT???

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CATCH IT CATCH IT CATCH IT

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo96
FRICK THAT WAS MY LAST GREAT BALL AS WELL
AAAAAAA

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo97

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokemo98

Nickname Courtesy of Sparktb (I hate you Spark)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem100

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem101

Holy crap that makes me so happy. Welcome to the team, Toxic the Dratini!
Heeeeck yeah, that's what I'm talking about! CX

So, looking around the garden, it looks like Willow was holding out on us big time. Besides Dratini, I also ran into a Deino, a Larvitar, and a Gible. You could have one of those four powerhouses just by coming here, so even on a Nuzlocke run, it's worth it. By far, I'm happy to have a Dratini. Deino would have been nice as well, but I love Dratini, even if Dragonite is much less cool-looking than Dragonair, and if we find an Evolite before getting Dragonite, I'm keeping him a Dragonair.
But for now, I'm totally happy with this turn of events. 

Now then, it's time to make a tough decision. Who's gonna learn Cut.
Well, actually, it wasn't that hard of a choice. Honestly, I don't really see myself using Riku that often. A Pokemon with Transform for a move really limits the usefulness of it's movepool otherwise. So whilst Riku might be handy as a fighter, because Transform guarantees him four new moves every time, the other three moves he currently has can be whatever I want them to be. Which means.... he's the perfect HM slave. C:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem102
That's actually a lot more useful than I thought! Thanks a ton Riku. C:

Now I just need to find a good place to grind so Toxic and Riku can catch up to the rest of us.
and I think I know of juuuust the place.... Now that Acorn and Edge are appropriately levelled. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem103
I'm ready for you this time, Nidojerks. D=<

I'm pretty sure we can handle it this time. Our team is much stronger than before, and we have better items and junk on us. Time to cross our fingers and hope we can stand up to this challenge!

The first challenger comes up with his Pikachus again. They're not a big threat though, and I lead with Acorn in the hopes that I'll gain a few levels from it. Toxic just flies through levels with the EXP. Share, which is great, but more importantly, Leech Seed keeps Acorn topped off for the next fight. 

The next battle scares me all over again.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem104

Or at least it did. Then I realized, I just did a much more difficult battle against much higher-levelled version of these two in the gym.
After that, they pretty much went down without a fight. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem105
J f c. Six more??

I don't know if I'm equipped to handle six more fights. I'm certainly willing to try but...
I'll gauge where we're at after the next battle. For now, we continue. =3
I decide to switch from leading with Acorn to Edge, since Edge has less weaknesses than Acorn in the event of a surprise. 

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem106

And it would seem I made the right choice here. C:
She leads with a Seadra that gets off an annoying Smokescreen before Edge knocks it out. Then she switches to Starmie, which spams recover for some inconcievable reason before I can even hit it, so it naturally goes down too. XD
I think we're in a good spot here. So far, every trainer has had Pokemon equating out to the gyms of the cities I've been to. The First trainer had electric types like Sparky, the second had Ground types like Terry (I just realised his name is a reference to Terrain, and I'm so upset), and this third trainer had Water-type Pokemon, which I am assuming is what the leader in Seaspray Town will use.
This is actually really cool! It feels like I'm being prepared for all eight gyms in advance in this tower! Not to mention there's a free Pokemon at the end of it? Can I give a bigger heck-yes??

Still, I don't have any idea what kind of Pokemon the next trainer will use. Hopefully it won't be ghost, since that's the only other weakness Edge has right now. I'm still keeping him in the lead just to stay safe. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem107
Oh no, not the ever-powerful Grass-type.

I actually love Grass-types. None of my top 6 Pokemon are grass-type, but the overwhelming majority of my top 20 are, so I feel where this girl is coming from.
I'm still going to utterly destroy her, but I feel her. =3

Her only Pokemon ended up being an Ivysaur, which didn't have anything too climatic, so he went down silently in the end. No big deal. uvu
A couple of potions and Edge is ready for the next trainer. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem108

Ice has always been a weird type for me. It's Pokemon are usually really cool, and it's a great counter to Dragons as well as having a decent coverage against the widespread Grass type, but it has so many weaknesses. It's much better as a sub-type, but still, I can't ever really take Ice-types seriously. Not even this lady who's in the better-half of this tower's challenge. =3

In the end, she had a Cloyster that Edge took down no problem, and a Weavile that Acorn took down no problem. =3
That's what, five out of eight down already? I think we might have this in the bag~! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem109

Next up is a fire-type dude. This is a little problematic, because while Edge doesn't have anything to fear, the rest of my team kind of does. Toxic would be great for this fight with his fire-resistance, but he's only level 14 right now, so it'd be imperative not to let him get into this fight. xD
So, as it stands, we're relying on you Edge. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem110
wtf give me your Ninetales.

So yeah. All he had was that Ninetales, and it went down after a bit of a struggle, which ate up my super potions by the way. I'm kiiinda nervous now... But we're so close, so I'll be alright. =3
Bring on the penultimate challenge! >=D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem111

Rock Types. A little concerning for Edge, but Acorn should be able to take it, easily. Still, Edge is out first and Acorn is at half-health, so she'll have to deal with at least one Pokemon before switching. uvu

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem112
J F C.

CRAP CRAP CRAP RUN RUN RUN
I spent a turn using a Super Potion on Acorn (it thankfully only used Scary Face), and then risked switching out. Grass/Fighting should have an advantage over anything that thing knows, but holy f r i c k e n crap. No no no no NO thank you.
Fortunately, a 4x weakness to grass left this thing as cobblestone once Acorn Leaf-Bladed it. 
That was scarier than it needed to be. Holy crap.
Nonetheless, this means there's only one challenger left! It may be a risk, but... I think. I think we can handle it. =3
So we press on, despite the adversity! >=D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem113

The last guy here is a fighting-type trainer! Thankfully, after seeing he was a Blackbelt trainer, I suspected as much and put Acorn in the lead. Being a fighting type himself, I can't see anything other than maybe a Fire/Ice Punch doing any real damage to him, plus he can use Spore to keep things cool. That's the plan, anyways. 
So, it begins. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem114
WHYYYYYYYY

AAAAAA
SPORE SPORE SPORE PLEASE WASTE YOUR TURN DOING SOMETHING DUMB.
Acorn ended up being faster and got the Spore off before he could act. Time to Leech Seed and Leaf Blade the heck out of this guy pleasepleaseplease.
Thankfully, his slowness was his downfall. Acorn kept him asleep and spammed Leaf Blade whilst Leech Seed drained him and healed her. The Conkeldurr only slipped off one Rock Slide, and even at 1/2 effectiveness, it knocked off a clean third of Acorn's health.
J f c .
But that ends it. One scary af Conk defeated by Spore + Leech Seed. I'm glad to not have had any faints, even if it wouldn't matter right now. XD

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem116
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem115
HEEECK YESSSS.

GUYS LEt'S CLAIM OUR NEW FRIEND! WHO'S IT GONNA BE HYYYPEEEE

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem118
OH MY GOSH IT'S A SAILOR JUST WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem119

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem121

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem120

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem122

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY O H BOY

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem123

...I-it's... Beauituflllfhfk

I'm crying.
I LOVE EEVEE.
I'M. C R Y I  NG.
YES. YESSSS. YESSSSSSSSSSSs.
EEVEE. B a B Y
COME TO ME
I LOVE YOU
EEEVEEEEEEE ;V;

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem124
Unfortunately, we had the Light Platinum problem of not being able to rename it.

Well, when we get the first chance, I'll go ahead and give this Eevee the name, Balance.
(Nickname Courtesy of Sparktb again~)
Because I'm unapologetic trash. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem125
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem126

Haaaaah... Okay. Okay I'm pleased. c:
I think for now, I'll end it here with this note;
I love non-evolved Eevee. If this were a normal playthrough, I legit wouldn't evolve him. I'd keep him an Eevee and play with him as is. uvu
Buuuut we could still be playing for life or death here, so.... Yeah. He's gonna evolve. But I don't know what to
I've been looking around online, and while I can't find anything conclusive, it looks like all trade and area-based evolutions are now done via "Trade Stones", which seem to work just like other evolution stones. Since this is up to Gen V, Sylveon is not a part of this. Otherwise, any Eevee-lution shooould be technically possible, so shoot! Who do you guys want our new friend, Balance, to be~!
Keep in mind our team setup and also I refuse to get a Leafeon. =3

The Team So Far~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 404-- Edge, Level 25
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 162-- Avery, Level 20
*Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 286*-- Acorn, Level 26
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 570-- Riku, Level 14
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 147-- Toxic, Level 16
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 133-- Balance, Level 20

So, thank you all for popping on in~! I'm really glad that this is as fun as I remember it being. CX
If you guys have any suggestions or anything, please let me know! I always wanna hear feedback about how I'm doing, commentary or game-wise. =3
Let me know your opinions on the fatality clause! And any names you might want to suggest! And what Eevee-lution you'd be down for Balance to go through~! =3
And thank you so much for being here! I hope you guys have a wonderful day. =3

Last edited by Whip~ on Fri May 27, 2016 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Fri May 27, 2016 8:03 pm

awww yiss, mother fucking Dratini and Eevee. These two are hands down some of my favourites from gen one, even if I'm not a massive fan of Dragonite, and some of the eevee-lutions.

Also, with all the choices you can have, Balance is by far the best name for eevee 8D which makes me think you should just... keep it as is? Like not evolve it at all.
... But if you muuuuust, either leafeon or Vaporeon 8DDDDD Or literally any of them, because they're all good in their own way. Heck, I don't recall if this version was updated to have Sylveon, but they could be good later on if you don't get any dragon killers.

Also, a life system sounds fine to me, in terms of judging who lives and who dies!
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sat May 28, 2016 6:08 am

This pokemon glazed version seems quite interesting. Do you know where you found the rom hack? I mean, yeah, your commentary's good, but I wanna experience it for myself.

Sorry, I only grabbed the rom from Spek. I'm sure a quick google search for "Pokemon Glazed" will give you something though. =3

Also, a life system sounds fine to me, in terms of judging who lives and who dies!

Well, alright! What about this then; a life system based on deca-levels, to indicate like, a Pokemon's general toughness and ability to shake off what would otherwise be a lethal strike. For every ten levels, the counter goes up by one, and every faint lowers it by one! =3
Sooo, for the cast we had, that being Avery, Edge, and Acorn, they were each above level ten when they fainted. That means that they had two lives, and now only have one. Each of them has surpassed level 20, which means their life counters increase by one again, for a total of two. =3
Does that sound fair to any/everyone? I know it's unimportant, but I admit to a lack of skill with the game and it's mostly just for my own entertainment. XD
In any event, I'll play by these rules until someone says I shouldn't. I don't mind either way, just wanna know. Thank you for being understanding, Spark. =3

Speknut wrote:Also, go speak to the sailors at the port. The wish ticket is a small side-thing which you'll enjoy!

Well... let's see what that's all about then. C:

So yeah, I wasn't going to make an update so quickly after the last one; I intended to do some off-screen grinding with the Lighthouse Challenge so I could just immediately jump into it next time.
Then this happened.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem127

Alright.

So I guess this is going to be a mini-update. We'll just check out what that ticket is all about over in uh, the town where Sparky is the gym leader, I guess! =3
After what I put up with to get that ticket in the first place, it'd better be fricken worth it. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem128
You bet your scurvy-ridden rear end I do. 

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem129

Alright! We're just... here now! Okay! I'm down for it!
So, immediately, the music here sounds nice.... and like a remix of Gaster's theme.
Like, all the music in this game so far has been reused from Emerald, so I'm positive it must be canon in some aspect, but... I cannot imagine anything other than Gaster listening to this.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem130
If you squint your eyes, you can see the trees are in the shape of a hand flipping you off.

Yeah, somehow this top-down sprite game is uh... giving me a little claustrophobia with these close-together trees and strange but upbeat music. 
Luckily the trees clear out pretty quickly and--

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem131
Oh.

Hi Jirachi.
You weren't the one who gave me Pokerus, were you?

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem134
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem132
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem133

Wait.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem135

Wait wait no.
Nooo! I don't-- I don't wanna catch/beat up this Jirachi! It seems nice and intelligent!!
Purity what the heck! At least chat with it like a decent human being!
Well... This is a new area, that is a new Pokemon. With the game not exactly giving me a choice here... I mean, I'd rather not like, knock it unconscious and leave it lying here.
I guess we're making a new friend, whether they like it or not. >>;;

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem136
Or potentially not, with me forgetting to restock Pokeballs

After it broke through all of my Pokeballs, however, it was pretty clear that I was not going to be able to spare this little guy of a harsh beatdown.
At least, not until I remembered my training in Undertale. There are two ways to spare someone, after all....

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem137

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem138
Hey! Sorry for the misunderstanding! I promise not all humans are like thiiiiiey're gone. Great.

Well. That uh... that happened.
After giving the island a good once-over, it seems that this is all it had to offer, so I decided to head back to Oceanview.
And that's it! Wish Island complete! =3
A bit of an unfortunate encounter with a Jirachi, but at least it didn't end with anyone dead or enslaved, so that's a plus. XD

Anyways, between that and the Pokerus, that'll make up this little mini-update! Just thought you guys should be informed! Next time, our team should be around the late 20's/early 30's, and then we'll bounce off to the Haunted Island! Should be exciting!
Until then guys, thanks for poking in, and I'll see you later~! =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun May 29, 2016 6:36 pm

>Pokerus and a shiny pokemon
WHIP CONFIRMED FOR RNG BASED GOD

And dammit, a shame you didn't manage to catch Jirachi, but ah well! You have a dratini, so DON'T LET IT DIE. Not actually liking Dragonite though? You are a horrible, horrible sinner and I will beat your face in, Whip. Dragonite is beautiful.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Mon May 30, 2016 4:47 pm

sperkla wrote:Not actually liking Dragonite though? You are a horrible, horrible sinner and I will beat your face in, Whip. Dragonite is beautiful.

Fight me. Dragonite's design is such an unwanted deviation from the majestic Dragonair it's infuriating. c:

spork wrote:Heck, I don't recall if this version was updated to have Sylveon, but they could be good later on if you don't get any dragon killers. 

There are no fairy types in this game (I think it was developed before X and Y released), but if we're looking for Dragon-killers, Glaceon is much better at it anyways. c:
However, just from talking to everyone, it would seeeem that Jolteon or Vaporeon currently has the lead vote?
Fortunately, we only have a Fire Stone right now, so I'll just leave the question of how to evolve Balance up to you nerds. Debate it if you will! Let's make the smartest choice possible. =3

Meanwhile, we've finished training~! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem139
Balance is at Level 25 because I want him to lag a little bit until he evolves, for better stats and movepools. =3

And with that came a few evolutions. c:
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem140
Truly, he has now earned his namesake.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem141

THE BAAAAE

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem142

And okay, before we begin properly, can I just say that Riku is so surprisingly helpful.
I really didn't expect to get along with Riku. He seemed kind of weak and transform felt like a gimmick that didn't really pull him together, but I was so wrong.
His transform ability is sooo useful with his powerful all-around stat coverage. He's like a straight upgrade to Ditto, and his own movepool is helpful in case he's fighting something that could concievably beat itself.
He mimicked that Conkeldurr and managed to beat it at a much lower level. So.
Riku. I'm sorry for ever doubting you before. I think you've earned a place on our team. =)

Aaaanywaaays, let's pick it up then! Where were we?

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem143

Ah yes. We had to meet up with... what's his name, the uh, Elite Four Champion guy whose name escapes me, over on the dock of Serenity Isle, so he could take us the The Haunted Isles.
Which, dude, I am down for that. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem144
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem145
Heeeck yeah! I'm all grinded up and itemed out and ready to roll!

Yeaaah. I wish I could say I was rolling in dough from all that grinding, but the truth is I kept spending all that money on potions and paralyze heals. While I am topped off on all the items I'll need, I'm also dirt broke right now oops. C:

But in any event, it's time to set sail!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem146
Pshh. I'm the bravest.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem147
Oh crap.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem148

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem149

I bet you say that to all the girls. 8I

Yep. We dun crashed on an island. Time to go all Lost on this dude and start building a fort.
Wait...
Lost had the character Locke in it, who made the now-infamous quote, "I believe everything is happening for a reason."
Which was then parodied by Pokemon Ruby Hard Mode, the first nuzlocke challenge...
which gave birth to nuzlockes...
Which we are now doing in a POkemon game...
that takes place on a deserted island.
Frick this recursion is hurting my head. @v@;

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem150
Whoa whoa whoa Blake! This is a Pokemon game! Watch your tongue I'm ten!

So Blake says that we've landed on the island, but the boat is in dire need of repairs, so we can't leave just yet. He's apparently an expert boat mechanic and offers to do the repairs, but in exchange, I'm gonna have to single-handedly go and fight off Team Fusion myself.
Well, it's a fair trade. He's a better boat mechanic than I am, so uh, not much of a choice to be made there. XD
Let's go kick some Fusion butt. >=D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem151
Oh.

...Welp. There's a Pokemon Center here.
I mean, I'm not complaining, it would suck to not be able to heal here, but... I got this whole "Gilligans Island" vibe from this place, but nope. Pokemon Center.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem152
At least they had the decency to lampshade it.

Oh well! This is still a new place, and there's some grass below and a cave to the left. I might as well try for a new friend! Byyyy testing the cave first to see if it's it's own route or not. Either way I'd prefer a cave 'mon to a bush 'mon anyways, so let's check it out. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem153
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem154
That looks like two different locations to me. c:

Time to get two new friends then! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem155
Huh. Not what I was hoping for, but I'll take it. =)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem157

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem156

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem158
A fitting name, since you either find Spinda funny or you don't. c:
(Nickname, courtesy of Spekkal~!)

Well, let's see about that second friend then. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem159
Oooo. Too bad I can't get Gengar, otherwise I'd be so down to use him!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem161

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem163

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem162

(Nickname, courtesy of Sparktb~!)

Well, that's our lot for now! Gotta say I was hoping for someone to replace Avery, since his stats are starting to fall behind a little bit, but for now, this is fine. =3
Anyways, this cave presents an issue. There's no light, and I don't have flash. So I guess we're just meant to blindly meander within it?
This isn't gonna be fun, is it? c: ;;

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem164
AAAA FRICK STRANGERDANGERSTRANGERDANGER

That legitimately surprised me. Dark dank mysterious cave, and then this dude taps my shoulder and just darkly whispers "go home kid."
Like firkc me.
I could easily beat him in battle but still. J f c.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem165
Her. Beat her in battle.

Oh, a Fusion Grunt!
Wow you guys have a boring outfit. But at least I know I'm in the right place now! Let's wreck these nerds blindly if we have to! >=D
Something worth noting is that most of these guys use fighting-type Pokemon. It's kind of cool, since most teams go for Dark or Poison types. Fighting Pokemon have always had this sort of honour about them, so to see them in the hands of an """evil""" group(I have yet to see them do any actual evil besides muck about in the forest that one time) is kind of interesting. =3

So somewhere along this winding, blinding path, I found a strange rock.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem167

I just thought I'd note that, in case it comes up again later. >o>
Also;

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem168
OH COME ON. I WOULD HAVE LOVED THAT.

*Grumblegrumbledumbencounterrates*

Well, on the plus side, I found a Lantern.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem169
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem170
which mean I DON'T HAVE TO WASTE A MOVE SLOT ON FLASH.

Guys Glazed is the best romhack. It wins. Everyone else go home.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem171

So poking out of one of the exits reveals we're slowly climbing this isle, which is kind of cool. I'm getting Diamond and Pearl flashbacks from it, so that's something. =3
Too bad we already caught a friend in the grass to the south, otherwise this would be a great place to find a new one. =3
Also, I found Good Guy Hiker.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem172
Dude, you are the best. ;v;

I mean, I didn't need the healing since all the POkemon here are like, level 18, even the trainer ones, but I seriously appreciate it. CX
And then it's back into the cave, where many other Fusion members all line up to get destroyed by a 10-year-old girl.
So... the Fusion grunts all seem to kind of have a hive mind. They usually say their own individual lines, but then after they're beaten, they all say the same thing.
"Team Fusion's plans are of no concern to you."
And it's starting to creep me out. They definitely have a dark mafia vibe going on with that kind of talk, though it clashes with their tough fighting style of training, what with having all-fighting types and junk.
Either way, I'll be glad when I'm off this haunted rock filled with creepy villains. >:c
Also, check out what I found~

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem173
Heeeeck yes~!

It's too bad Toxic can't learn it as a Dragonair(In fact, no one on my team can currently learn it oops c: ), but it's such a strong move and I know I'll find a team member who can learn it eventually. =3
So we finally reach what I presume is the top of the Haunted Isle. It took quite a bit of time, but when we got there...

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem174
Oooh noooo....

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem175

Uh, yeah! Yeah I was! I was expecting literally anyone else!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem176

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem177

(crushed)
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem178

Okay.
Dude?
Dude.
You have issues.
Like, this Pikachu?? This one right here??
Serious nutcase.
I have no idea why he hates Purity so much, but he's seriously starting to scare me. c: ;;

Either way let's destroy this Pikachu or whatever.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem179
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem180
Oooo, level 24~ How terrifying~

Yeah he literally goes down in one hit. It's kind of sad.
You know I just realized I could potentially catch this Pikachu, but every time I run into him, I either don't have Pokeballs, or I've already caught a Pokemon in the area.
I wonder what would happen if I caught him. Would this stop happening, you think?
Well, I have no idea. Maybe next time we see him it'll be on a new route. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem181
Dude. Take it from me. Determination is NOT what it's cracked up to be.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem185

So the Pikachu gives us the Delusifier, and then tells us that there is a crowd of Zoroark blocking off the path to his "master". I'm presuming that means the leader of Team Fusion. The Delusifier will apparently make them visible, which means we'll be able to get through to them.
Then he swears at us again.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem187
Dude please. Watch your fricken tongue you jerk. >:C

And that's it. Now, if I were a betting man, I'd say those strange rocks from before are actually Zoroark in disguise, which means we can prooobably head back to that spot and run into the leaders of Team Fusion. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem188

No Zoroark battle though, which is a little disappointing. But Nonetheless, we're now hot on the trail of those Fusion losers!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem189
Knock knock it's murder time.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem194

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem190

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem191

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem193

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem192

Oh.
Oh honey...
Oh that is adorable. That is legitimately cute.
Okay time to put the babies to bed huh? c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem195
Oh cool, a double bat--

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem196

Oh, well nevermind.

Yeah, was kind of expecting a double battle there, but I guess not.
Anyways time to wreck these kids. =)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem197

No that's not how this game works. I'm seven levels ahead of it it doesn't get to one shot me with Cross Chop.

I hate this game.
Whatever, Toxic still has one life left.
So Machamp hits a little harder than expected, despite my hilarious level advantage.
Not a problem for Acorn. >:C

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem198
*idle grumbling about how bullcrap that ohko was*

Anyways the grunt couple then sends out a Conkeldurr, but it's seven levels lower than the one I already beat in the tower, so I'm not too afraid. Acorn takes care of it without breaking a sweat. uvu
And then that's the grunts.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem199
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem200
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem202
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem201
Look hon, your grunts got lucky on Toxic. But you're as terrifying as a lillipup right now, don't do this to yourself.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem203

Aaaand he looks like he's twelve.
Michael the twelve-year-old Fusion Boss.
Welp.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem204

So his first and only Pokemon is a Zoroark.
Legitimately the grunts he just sent at me were more intimidating. I literally have a higher level Zoroark in my team right now.
But it's no problem. Acorn takes him down, no sweat.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem205
Okay, I'm legitimately sure you're too young to be swearing right now I'm telling your mother.

He starts sour-graping and says he's got all he needed anyways, and that next time, he'll destroy me "So fast I won't know what's coming".
And now that I know he's a bratty little kid, I'm laughing because it feels like he's throwing an indignant temper tantrum. c:
So the team vanishes, leaving Purity about on the floor, when suddenly her phone rings.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 Pokem206
Since when did I have a cell phone???

Turns out it's Blake, who I apparently gave my cellphone number at some point. He says the boat is all patched up, and we can dip out of this place now.
Which is fine by me. I'm still salty that Toxic was defeated. He fainted twice during the training session, and this was his third time, which means he's all out of lives to lose. One more time and he's...
Well.
The point is, I'll be safer with him for now. Perhaps I'll just throw the Experience Share onto him, since Balance is now caught up with everyone else.
Still, Team Fusion has been defeated, that weird Pikachu was toasted, we caught two new friends and explored throughout the Haunted Isle...
I think we did good for today! So I'll go ahead and call it here then. =3

The Team So Far~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 405-- Edge, Level 30 ~ (2) Lives remaining
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 162-- Avery, Level 30 ~ (2) Lives remaining
*Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 286*-- Acorn, Level 31 ~ (2) Lives remaining
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 571-- Riku, Level 30 ~ (3) Lives remaining
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 148-- Toxic, Level 32 ~ (0) Lives remaining
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! - Page 2 133-- Balance, Level 29 ~ (2) Lives remaining

So, there we are! Another section complete~! Thank you guys for popping in and reading~!
As always, if you have any name suggestions, Eevee-lution suggestions, or just suggestions or comments in general, by all means feel free to throw them into a comment and let me know~! Otherwise, thanks a ton for tuning in~! >V<
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Remmis Mon May 30, 2016 6:13 pm

Can I request a leafeon out of spite? c:
(Okay no, I vote jolteon)

I think the outfits are nice. Not as cool as female magma grunts, but still nice I guess? c: ;;
Also that pikachu threw me for a loop I forgot he was in this game whoops. 
(Also also Dragonair is superior to dragonite sorry I don't make the rules)

Annd just because I can: name suggestions:
Burger and Timothy. Because I came in here confident I could come up with something silly, and I couldn't do it c: ;;
(Also if you find a male vulpix, name him Tails!)
Remmis
Remmis
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:16 pm

Yeeesss, all caught up now. AND NOW WE MAY CONTINUE ONWARDS!
Also suggested names... uuuh... uuuh...
Snakes
LeoxBoa (no)
Dr.Die
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:50 pm

One of these days, that darn Pikachu will learn. One of these days...
Also, I fail to see how Michael being like 12 years old is a bad thing - you yourself are playing a ten year old who is literally destroying an entire team. If anything - as far as headcanons go, at least - I kind of like the idea of a 12 year old kid getting a pokemon, realising they're so much better at this than other people, and turning into a corrupt tyrant - only to be beaten by someone even younger and better than themself.

I dunno, I just like the thought.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Dregan wrote:Yeeesss, all caught up now. AND NOW WE MAY CONTINUE ONWARDS!

NNnnnnnnnot quite.

>>;;

Um... sorry guys. But... my computer kind of flatlined on me. <<;;
Which means I've lost all data, including my Pokemon Glazed nuzlocke file. >>;;;
S-so... uh. I don't really know where to go from here honestly. >v>;
Should I try the game again? Maybe just post a "Catching up" post? Or shall I just... let it happen. Let this unstable horse just die already? I'm really sorry all. ^v^;
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2