Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The mystery of Grinwals carnival.

4 posters

Go down

The mystery of Grinwals carnival.  Empty The mystery of Grinwals carnival.

Post by spark tb Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:29 pm

Located roughly an hour’s drive south of Station-Square, Grinwals carnival was like a fresh sore sprouting from the forests depths. Buildings, rides and lights of multiple colours contrasted sharply with the surrounding sea of greens and browns. Once it would have been a thriving centre of amusement, with people driving for hours to see the sights and sounds, to experience the thrill of roller-coaster rides, or to be spooked in its haunted house. They use to come and laugh at themselves in its hall of mirrors, and curse at the array of seemingly impossible game-stands.

For the first time in years however, Grinwals now stands dark. The power to its lights have been cut, and its gates are bolted shut. Muddy footprints linger from the previous day, where new journalists and fanatics alike swarmed around the blood-red wooden walls, clambering for information about the disappearance of several young children. Posters and signs declaring its closure for an unforeseeable time have been glued to the walls and gates, and it has become one of the headlines of a few news programs. Indeed, rumours seem to be spreading at a far faster rate than perhaps they should – after all, whilst distressing, such disappearances were hardly a new trend to have come from the carnival. Stories of children disappearing filter out of the carnival every few years, but it’s never normally more than a single child… this time, however, it was several. All at the same time, at different parts of the carnival.

Of course, an official police investigation is now occurring, but the crime scene itself seems barren. No police tape, no cordoning off… Indeed, the only things that seem to be preventing people from entering the park itself, is the locked gates and high perimeter walls. Some unknown source also appears to have dragged large, fallen trees across the only entrance from the road… but none of that would prevent someone who was truly determined to enter.

So, the question now is… does anyone dare approach?

----

current posting order is: Spark, Cyril, WhiteFang, Mr.Famous.
You can enter the rp at any point you wish, but unless agreed upon privately [IE, pm me], once the group has entered, new people must begin at the entrance.
If you need any information clearing up, please pm me and I will do my best to explain - I am fully aware I am prone to rambling, which in turn can make things difficult to read.

So, by all means, post away!

Last edited by spark tb on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

The mystery of Grinwals carnival.  Empty Re: The mystery of Grinwals carnival.

Post by Cyril Wer Kaldra Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:49 pm

~step step step~ Can be heard coming from between the trees,nearing the locked down gates. ''Hm? Whats this?'' Cyril mutters to himself as he walks up to the locked gates and gives it a shake before taking a few steps back to take a good look. The kitsune hums for a bit,tilting his head. ''huh, can't remember ever seeing something like this around here.'' He thinks to himself before looking around for something to stand on and get a better look inside the abandoned carnival.  He notices the trees that seem to have been dragged in from somewhere,well,more like bumped into one while he looked around, and lets out a yelp,kneeling down and rubs his shin. When after a bit the pain subsides the vulpine pushes himself up and starts on attempting to get one of the trees closer to the perimeter to stand on the trunk and hopefully look over the walls and get a good look around.
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:16 am

Nanook doing what he love, hanging out with animals, when find a weird building. So when finding a build you go inside.
Now inside looks around , a bunch of vegetation with squirrel and other animals following." This will be a cool place to hang." Then he hear footsteps.
WhiteFang
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Spivey Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:58 am

Jules left his bike leaning against a tree and slid his flashlight and camera into his belt, like a cowboy holstering his guns. His good friend, Zed Hawkins, had so kindly asked him to investigate the Grinswal Carnival, take a few pictures, maybe look for someone and ask a few questions. And of course he couldn't say no to that boy. He'd have to learn to someday, else he'd keep ending up in situations like these.

The trip alone had tired him out a bit, and combined with the creepy atmosphere the park gave, Jules' apprehension was very well justified. Peeking around the tree he had laid his bike by, he spotted the lock and the fallen tree, and someone else? Was this person a part of the strange goings on of the Carnival? Or were they a stranger just passing by? Jules crouched, making himself smaller behind the tree, carefully watching for the stranger's next move.
Mr. Spivey
Mr. Spivey
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:32 pm

Unfortunately for Cyril, even with the added height of the tree they’d be unable to fully look into the park itself. He would however, see the tops of several small stands. Each stand has a large, cartoony sign that represented the different kind of things it sold, ranging from hotdogs and fizzy drinks, to a weird assortment of toys! With the help of an extra person, he may be able to scramble over the wall, and get on top of one of these stands… but what are the chances of someone else being out there, especially at night? In the distance as well, he’ll be able to pick out the shadowy forms of a few roller-coasters, and a large Ferris wheel. Even in the gloom, he’d pick up that they didn’t exactly look well put together.
As for Nanook… well, he wouldn’t be able to enter the park itself, what with the locked gates and all.  So, uh… maaay want to relocate yourself there. The closest place they might find themselves, is just infront of the locked main gates, next to the security gates.
As for Jules… well, what can be said? They can see a person up ahead, trying to look into the carnival itself. Assumedly, they’re not staff or police since they’re trying to peer into the park itself…  but who knows?

[Hey guys, sorry for the delay on this - Finally finished my exams and gotten settled in to my uni routine. I'm also very sorry for the fragmented post! I'm not entirely sure of the best way to approach this, until the group is actually formed... but I'll try my best! As always, if there are any questions, shoot me a pm.]
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wer Kaldra Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:51 pm

''Dangit.. Still not enough..'' The kitsune slides back down onto the ground after taking a look at the tops of the stands as well as some of the large attractions before he looks around,giving up for now on getting over the walls and instead moving back towards the frontgate.
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:40 pm

" Let's go to the front gate." Nannook tells a squirrel, like the sane person he is. He heads over to the gate and saw a person by the gate.
WhiteFang
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Spivey Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:26 am

Slowly standing up, Jules stepped out from behind the tree, straightening his tie for what seemed like the 30th time that night. it seems that whoever this person was, they wanted into the carnival too. Jules slowly approached the front gate. Would he be able to cut the lock? The chameleon didn't want to risk anyone seeing him, so he scrapped the idea.

"Hey," he said in a loud whisper, pulling out his flashlight and pointing the light to the stranger, "If you're looking to get inside, I can give you a hand. I'm also looking to get in there".
Mr. Spivey
Mr. Spivey
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:07 pm

Even if he were to try it, a glance would tell Jules that he’d be there all night trying to cut it. It, and the chains that it is attached too, look to be industrial grade, with the clear intention of keeping trespassers like themselves out. Based off how shiny they are in comparison to the rest of the gate, it’s pretty obvious they were bought fairly recently as well… looks like someone doesn’t want anyone getting in. Strange that, huh?
Oh, also, for anyone who’s interested, the ticket booth is located just to the side of the main gate! It also looks to be locked, but hey, it’s there.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:57 pm

[riiight its been two weeks.. if people want to carry on, I guess we skip Cy this round!]
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wer Kaldra Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:23 pm

[Wait? It was my turn? oops..]

''Hmm.. Now how to get inside..'' Cyril mutters when his ears twitch when someone speaks up. The kitsune looks up towards the male at the gate. ''Hm? yeah, i want to get inside. You say you can help, hm? What did you have in mind?''
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down