Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shut down some of the forum games.

+4
spark tb
DeuxExDimensia
Caliburn
Uncanny-Illustrator
8 posters

Go down

Shut down some of the forum games. Empty Shut down some of the forum games.

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:54 pm

This is more me asking the opinion of the members since honestly some of the threads have gone from games to practically being spam central which is against the rules.

Should we have some kind of regulations for the game threads, should we remove the ones that have turned into spam fests?

What shall we do?
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Shut down some of the forum games. Empty Re: Shut down some of the forum games.

Post by Spekkal Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:55 pm

I dislike that section because sometimes member use it as a means to just get more posts.
So I suggest we get rid of the more spam ones, and keep the more interesting games with more to them. Those to get rid of would include; Ban The Person Above You, and Location Comments
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:59 pm

Do Forum Games actually add to your post count? I swear that was a feature that I disabled specifically when I was an admin. o-o;;
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:01 pm

They sadly do, there is no way at all to disable that as forum motion doesn't have that function.
There are no codes nothing.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Unfortunately they do. 

I personally don't see the appeal to forum games, because I think of the entire forum as a game itself. I mean, we're here to RP and have fun, right? Doesn't that count as a game?

Anyway, getting rid of some of the forum games wouldn't effect me in the slightest, but I think it's probably for the best. Seeing new members jet up to my post count (Or somewhere close) because they posted in some games rather than RP'd on the forum to get that post count is a little bothersome IMO.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:05 pm

I think my biggest problem with a lot of the games threads, is the fact you often get people competeting to post immediatly after someone else has. For example, the chain reaction thread. It would be difficult, and perhaps a little silly, to impose a posting order, but perhaps a time limitation on some of them could prove useful? Probably not, but still.

I would hate to see the topic closed, as there are a few threads there I enjoy... but I can see the problems with it. I would suggest removing a lot of the spammy ones, but based off certain points of the day, that is a fair selection of them... and doing a full blitz just seems a little too much?

So, I guess in short, I have to agree with Spekkal. Closing the spam-like ones is probably the best bet. In future, it may be an idea to have a set rule of something like 'you must wait at least two posts before responding, if you already posted', etc, for some of them.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleCharm Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Umm, I just post in the games because it's something to do since I'm not in any RPs at the moment. Plus, it's fun!

TwinkleCharm

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:18 pm

TwinkleCharm wrote:Umm, I just post in the games because it's something to do since I'm not in any RPs at the moment. Plus, it's fun!
Well, Open RPs are just that - free to join! You can just pop a post in one without having to really apply or anything!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy The Wolf Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Yeah I kinda agree to get rid of the spammy ones because look I almost have 100 post :/ I mean a lot of them are fun like :chain reaction: and stuff but yeah some have to go.
Galaxy The Wolf
Galaxy The Wolf

http://spiderfiles.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleCharm Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:36 pm

@Spekkal Really??? I had no idea Open RPs work like that here! LOL That's so cool, thank you Spekkal!!

TwinkleCharm

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:40 pm

TwinkleCharm wrote:@Spekkal Really??? I had no idea Open RPs work like that here! LOL That's so cool, thank you Spekkal!!
It's coo'! Any threads in there are free to join! Meanwhile, Closed RPs are for very specific people so aren't up for just anyone!
Hope you enjoy RPing here! <3

But back on track! Forum games!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:27 pm

The issue is, how do you determine which ones do and don't have a right to exist? It's hard to really just go; 'We have decided your particular game is not worthy of being a game. Begone! For your idea of fun is not the fun that I myself find to be agreeable!'
I'd say maybe add an additional rule or something - nothing too much, but make it so you can only post in the same topic there... what, every half hour or so? It'll allow the more rapid games to keep moving, but mean people aren't just sitting waiting to instantly respond every time someone responds to them.
Either that, or set a limitation so you can't directly respond to someone who directly responds to you in there, to stop topics becoming just two people backing and forthing?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:29 pm

Forum Games have been rebooted! And thus, this is gonna be locked.
Thanks for the input, guys!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down