Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attendance Report Thread

+4
Dregan
Envy the Jealous
spark tb
Spekkal
8 posters

Go down

Attendance Report Thread Empty Attendance Report Thread

Post by Dregan Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:47 pm

So! I'm beginning to notice there are quite a few people going away soonish, for various reasons. Therefore, it seemed fair to make this thread.
Initially, the plan was, if people fail to respond in their own threads, thus putting an artificial halt on the combat and such, that victory would potentially be handed over to their opponent regardless of judging, since it would be unfair to have someone lose the tournament as an active participant, because their opponent simply hasn't been responding, or has left or whatever.
Of course, we want that to be more a 'if worst comes to worst' thing rather than anything else - I'm not a huge fan of dropping people like that. As such, this thread's purpose is to help those who may have struggles posting and assist them in finding ways around it - whether it be postponing certain fights slightly or whatever.
Still, please keep in mind - if you know you won't be able to participate at all in a match, you can't expect us to hold the tournament still for months and months. If you genuinely feel that you'll be incapable of participating, there's no shame in coming forward and forfeiting. I would much rather you back out and be honest with us, rather than scramble desperately to squeeze your way through at the detriment of the rest of the participants.

So, without further ado, the first fights will be;
30th November - 7th December

We don't expect you to be on daily, a day or two off is fine, but if you feel you'll be unable to participate in a match on those days for any sort of extended period, please alert me! There are 12 people meant to be in this round, so I can swap some people in and out, depending on if certain people can't manage but I need to know ASAP!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Attendance Report Thread Empty Re: Attendance Report Thread

Post by Spekkal Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:50 pm

Well, I can't fight from the 1rd to the 3rd of December, so I think it's best I get a miss here. Because, y'know, there's this guy I have to deal with then, and they're a huge butt.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:06 pm

So far, and I don't know if it'll even go on this long, I know for a fact I am unlikely to be availble for, is Dec 11-12, maybe event the 13th
Because I shall be traveling back from uni!
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy the Jealous Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:06 am

My mom caught me with my tablet, and I prefer not to post from my PS3, so sorry if I don't post as much, I'm able to sneak onto the computer every now and then. Especially Sundays from 12:30 to around 6:30 
Also tuesday and wednesday from 5:30 to 12:30...
Envy the Jealous
Envy the Jealous
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Being jealous of all the great artists on this site >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:46 pm

Urk, that is unfortunately rather short notice - we'll have to see how we go really unfortunately, as if that's gonna be a consistent thing I'm not sure what I can fully do about it. Best of luck either way!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:12 pm

This week is my last week of regular classes for this semester, I have finals from the 16th to the 22nd. Depending on how extensive my exams are, I may not be here or rather I may not be able to post as consistently as I have been (Though it's a miracle that I've been able to post as much as I have already.)
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:03 am

So! We've been setting up, we've been getting ready, and dates for the next round have been decided! This round will ideally be two weeks overally - so even if you're away for quite a period of time, there'll still be large period to be having your matches in!

As such, the next round should be;
30th March - 13th April

Please update us if this is going to be an issue at all for anyone!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:22 am

April starts the end of the semester for the year for me so I might get a little bit more busy. But because I can't give a straight answer about whether i'll be around or not, I'll try my best to stay active for the tournament.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:04 am

Right-right, no worries - obviously if you're going to be generally a bit spotty with your presence we can't quite jigger the tournament times around all that much. However, we'll take into account any such difficulties you may have when judging, so we don't sorta unfairly go 'OH YOU DIDN'T POST ALL THAT MUCH RARR RARR RARR'.
'Rarr' is the natural sound of the Elec, doncha know?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:23 am

Ah ha, just in case, I'm going to point out that I'm off on a trip July 17th-August 6th. I'm guessing there will be wifi where I'm going, in which case, I'll most likely be around and still posting, but it won't be as constant if the TTT is going on at that point.

Or, y'know, my uncle is crazy and doesn't have wifi, but we'll hope for the best!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:59 pm

I have exactly the same problem as well. I will also be gone from the 17th of July 'till the 16th of August. I'll also probably have wifi, but I am not sure about that. Hopefully we can work around it. I'm very sorry about this.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Aaack, right, hm... Was hoping to run the 11th-25th (I say hoping, I'm not actually doing the two starters this round - leaving that to Chan and Elec whilst I take up the finale), but if we may be 50% of our competitors down halfway through the round... Hm...
Right, well, I'll say I'll wait til you guys have head away - so like, 17th/18th - then if you have Wi-Fi and time and such, drop a message here to say you're okay. If you're good to go then, we can get things rolling!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:50 pm

Okay, I'm very sorry, but plans have drastically changed for me. Thanks parents...

I'm now gone from the 16th till the 23th FOR SURE. Then I'm two weeks home, until I leave again from the 5th of august until around the 25th.

I'm really really sorry for these sudden changes so soon. This does however mean I have WiFi on the 17th and so on, so that's a plus
UPDATE:
I DIDN'T READ I'M GOOD AT THAT. THIS MEANS THAT 16th to 23rd, I won't have TIME to actually post. I'll only have my phone so posting on high level (for my doing) Is not going to work at all, giving me quite a big disadvantage.
Sooooorry....

Last edited by CyanFoxboy on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Well duh)
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:42 am

And I should go ahead and update my situation as well. -w- Joys of summertime!

Definitely gone from July 17th to August 6th and it would appear it'll be an even more social trip than I thought. I'll try my best to keep up with rps I'm already in, but I don't get the feeling I'll be on my A-game to be trying to write competitively in a house full of loud and excitable Puerto Ricans. ^^;;

Sorry to delay things more than they already have been! -w-;
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Right, we're all about ready to get started on the next round - unfortunately however, starting now would cut into Bou's extended absence which... wouldn't be great. Reviewing the dates and things we have, would 27th August start be good for people? The round will be about two weeks so would go to the 10th September from there. Would everyone be free for that? Sorry about the huge delays but obviously it's sorta holiday season and there's a number of people to organise around.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:52 pm

Sounds good! I'm not available at daytime on the 27th, but after that school starts again, so I am supposed to be home then. Would come out great for me since the first weeks are basically doing nothing and getting introduced again. I vote in favour!
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:10 am

Those dates work for me! I have no other big trips planned right now, much less coming up so soon so, unless there's a family emergency, I'll be around.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:44 am

Uuunfortunately I suspect we won't have a Deux for next round. Sent him a message checking his availability on like... the 2nd? Aaand haven't had a response since then. It'll kind of suck to have people getting a by at this point, though it's difficult to think what would be the fair way of going about matters.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:55 am

Gently shoves Esme forward as tribute

Honestly, at this point it sucks a lot that someone is getting a bypass... sooooo, since this should, in theory, be coming to an end soon [like this would be the semi finals ja?]
...Maybe turn this into the finals? Like, just throw the three of them together into a single arena and pass off Duex's absence as, like, just being too ill to compete or an outside injury?

Failing that, my only other suggestions are either just let him go through, oooor try and call up someone from the previous round who got knocked out. Like I don't know how free Spekkal is now, but it'd be neat to see her get a 'rematch' sort of thing, etc.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrRapierre Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:09 am

Though the idea of a 3-sided battle would be very interesting, I think it would be quite the chaos and it would raise the difficulty not only to the role-players, but also for the judges. Or that's what I think.

On the other hand, letting someone reach the finals because of his opponent's absence feels too easy or lazy to happen. So, I prefer getting someone from the quarter finals like Spekkal, but only if they are free to do so. (Obviously!)

But maybe we should do a poll with these three choices and let everyone choose. That way, at least, we know what kind of spectacle the majority wants. Just saying.
ZephyrRapierre
ZephyrRapierre

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:27 pm

To be brutally honest, I do not see how it would be any more chaotic to do a 3 way fight than it would be a 2 way - with the possible exception of 'who fights who' - especially from the judges perspective. To them, very little would change outside of having to judge three instead of two. By the looks of things, the judges do a scoring system instead of just saying 'oh, fighter X is just better than fighter Y so nyeh'

Besides, since it would be *the* final, surely raised difficulty is fine. It would certainly be easier than simply allowing someone to breeze their way into it, instead of earning the placement like their opposition - and again, I sorely believe you are misjudging how hard it would be in the first place. It would, to some degree, be just like the fights prior; you still think about creativity, language, etc. The only difference being you have to fend off two individuals instead of one.... and truth be told, people do that sort of thing on the regular here, so it would not even be that unusual of a situation.

Plus, I'm not entirely certain it's fair to bring back someone who either lost their round, or dropped out - especially if they have a chance to go on and win from it. If there was a propers losers bracket it would be one thing, but to say 'oh, but even though fighter X shouldn't be in the semi finals, they suddenly are and oh look they're in the finals welp'

... I dunno, it's food for thought. I just personally think a three way fight would be more exciting and fair than just letting someone get a free pass to the finals.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:28 pm

Okay, Deux contacted me literally today! Which is good since today is the day the round is meant to start! As such, we'll get the battles opened up in a wee bit today!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:20 pm

More an announcement than a real requirement for people to 'report in', since I have checked with both competitors individually. Still, to put it on record for you all (and give myself a deadline for all to see)...
The final round of the TTT will be the 18th of February all the way to the 18th of March!
Hopefully a full month will give plenty of time for you guys to really sink your teeth into the battle - and provide us with a fight worthy of the finale!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down