Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

+9
Caliburn
Spekkal
Uncanny-Illustrator
spark tb
Knuxtiger4
Froshana
Mephiles the Dark
Electrisa
ChaoticBou
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 Empty Re: Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

Post by Spekkal Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Electrisa wrote:f
from a
beach ba t tle
and a highest lvl
...I am gonna be judging you from Poke-heaven, Tank D<
JUDGING YOU SO HARD
(although can't wait for Whip to evolve into a magnificent poison bug yes good)
It was a second rollout attack and it crit-d ;-;
I just managed to get that screencap too, cause it was just a casual grinding session and oh god I'm so sorry
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 Empty Re: Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

Post by spark tb Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:48 pm

Elec was killed on a beach, by a turtle. Admitedly the best turtle, but a turtle none the less.

I suppose you could say her death is a bit of... 'beach'

[I'm not sorry]
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Spekkal wrote:
Electrisa wrote:f
from a
beach ba t tle
and a highest lvl
...I am gonna be judging you from Poke-heaven, Tank D<
JUDGING YOU SO HARD
(although can't wait for Whip to evolve into a magnificent poison bug yes good)
It was a second rollout attack and it crit-d ;-;
I just managed to get that screencap too, cause it was just a casual grinding session and oh god I'm so sorry

....Ugh, forgiven >:c
NOW GO KICK THIS BADLY WRITTEN GAME'S BUTT

Meanwhile I'll go judge Spark SUPER hard c:
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephiles the Dark Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:11 pm

ASDF- Not Elec-! Oh...this is another moment I shall never forget... RIP... ;-;

But hey, it seems like I'm doing well so far! c:
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

http://lozskullkid.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:12 pm

Loving this mono-poison run you're doing ;D

But awww no kitty elec died :c Wonder who the next victim will be...place your bets folks...

Also making me miss doing nuzlockes so bad D;
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:15 pm

I hate nuzlockes for this reason. TwT But hey... I guess you get close to the Pokémon. ^^;;

EITHER WAY I'm alive. Barely. Yay! Glad to see that much. I at least want to evolve into a Charizard.

From Poké-heaven, Boubka and Electrisa will guide your way. Hopefully no more will have to join them so soon. ;w;
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:27 am

Don't worry Elec, you will be in our hearts till the end of time.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:23 am

And then she reincarnated as a demon. Thus, Elec's backstory is revealed. c:
*shot*
I'm so sorry sinnabun YOU DESERVED BETTER but
YOOOO I'M ON THE TEAM NOW
I'LL DO WAY BETTER THAN ALACTRIZA I PROMISE POISON BUG FOR LIFE YO~
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:50 pm

Well, with that out the way, looks like we'll have to continue. RIP Elec. May you rest in piece in Nuzlocke heaven/hell. Well, welcome Whip to the team! Hopefully you'll be a lot more useful than Elec ever was! ;D Though I will note, that I do need more names for team members. So please throw me a bone here!
Right, now I should probably start grinding Whip to standard team level. Best part is, he evolves at level 22 anyway! So that's cool!

Actually I'll just cut to the chase here. Not much happened and I backtracked back to the desert, so here you go;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 2lKobTo
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 Ug1vrHk
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 1kuWHik
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 X7UXoOM
Yeah! Oh and Whip learnt Iron Defence too! The team's really starting to pack a punch, now that we're getting rid of the weak and replacing them with the strong!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 DA4Z8Rg
I hate this area. I hate it so much. I have very little to deal with ground types except for Dregan, so he was the star of the show here. Thankfully, there's a pokemon centre juuust north of where I'm standing here. So I just kept going back and forth defeating trainers.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 CTZth5m
And we have a new team member that we'll probably never see ever! Huzzah! To the replacement box you go, little failure!

For the rest of the desert, all I picked up was a Stardust, an Ultra Ball, and TMDarudeSandstorm, and there was nothing to report from the trainers. People were speaking of a Hippowdon Temple, but I decided to ignore that in favour of finding another city.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 RyDVEBZ
And this was the right place to go! There were a few trainers here too, but again, nothing to note. Everyone was of decent health anyway, so I wasn't worried because I bait-n-switch in battle like no tomorrow.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 LzpSbyN
And we got a Sawk! I really like this pokemon - it's a shame it's so incredibly late in the replacement queue and we'll never see it in battle ever.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 UcBORCN
#SIGNALBEAMHYPE! I love this attack. Meph is finally getting better, and I can use something other than Slash! So good, so good.

Oh, and another evolution! I wasn't even aware that they were 1 level away from this.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 G54hcCA
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 FkY40CH
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 L7jDxK6
Congrats Mid! You're even stronger, better, and carrying our team on your back because everyone else is dead to me! All we need is TMEarthquake for you, and we'll be set fo' lyfe.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 V8WrO4C
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 Q3YA0V5
Well, there was a cave here. But. Y'know. Nothing here.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 GYNtmCR
And of course, as I'm nearing a city, I have to deal with morons. Long story short, this loser takes the other loser's pokedex. And they lost (even though their pokemon is super-effective against it, and a higher level, and could probably one-shot it???) so I battled them. They lost. They ran away into the city. Fetch-quest to get this stupid thing back. I don't even get why it's so bloody important.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 I7mwTo9
Anyway, welcome to Turzoro City!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 XmsBG7S
I'm leaving.
Not much in the city. I got a Pokeblock case, and that's it. There's a safari zone, but we'll get to that next time. Really dull. And the gym is electric-type. His name is Wattson. Y'know, from Mauville? From the REAL Hoenn? Oh, and I can't GO in the gym until I find the loser's pokedex.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 QtMOn2V
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 TSncQyh
#NIDOQUEENHYPE
Well, no. Chances are we'll never actually GET to having a Nidoqueen. But yet, still cool. In my top 50 probably. And yes, I caught it. Duh.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 Mpf3lzY
*battle sounds*
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 7inNJ4G
That was easy. Whoo. Oh, and the Buneary there didn't move out the way. They're kinda stuck there. So I can't head North yet.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 FH9BaJ8
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 LRR6p2c
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 Nd3LuMh
So I did the thing. He gave me a thing. And now he wants to do a thing. Which is fight me. But he only has one pokemon, which is simple enough. Honestly at this point, I just want to sleep and be done with this drama. You're all useless.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 5PEo8Nm
This is pretty easy. Gothorita is a psychic type, and is weak to bug. It's... surprisingly high level - more than my team, but I'm quite certain Meph can outspeed this. Or tank an attack. Either way, Signal Beam will 1HKO this bugger.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 FlXAgBk
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 QyEyEoJ
*STARTS SCREAMING*

---

Current Team:

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 005Burning (Charmeleon) Level 25 (Scratch, Flash, Ember, Smokescreen)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 400Dregan (Bibarel) Level 26 (Water Gun, Rollout, Yawn, Headbutt)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 017Spark (Pidgeotto) Level 25 (Twister, Quick Attack, Gust, Featherdance)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 533Midknight (Durdurr) Level 24 (Low Kick, Seismic Toss, Bulk Up, Rock Slide)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 544Whip (Whirlipede) Level 26 (Rollout, Poison Tail, Iron Tail, -)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 032??? (Nidoran) Level 8 (Leer, Peck, Focus Energy, - )

PC Pokemon:
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 568??? (Trubbish)     Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 524??? (Roggenrola)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 527??? (Woobat)      Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 311??? (Plusle) 
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 88??? (Grimer)        Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 27??? (Sandshrew)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 539??? (Sawk)         Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 30??? (Nidorina)

The Deceased (RIP):
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 261Boubka (Poochyena) Level 3 - 17
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 52Electrisa (Meowth) Level 8 - 23
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 402Mephiles (Kricketune) Level 8 - 25
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:54 pm

Swear to god I die laughing whenever I hear that music :')

BUT YEAH, LOOK AT ME, ALL BUFF AND STUFF
*FLEXES NON EXISTENT IRL MUSCLES*
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:50 pm

Welp. Rip Mephie.
Perhaps we should start suggesting names for the nameless? Like for the Nidoran, he could be named Horny--*Shot*
Geesh. Still. Nice Gothorita there Wally. Ralts not human enough for you? >:c
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:21 am

Well, I mean, for the ???, if we've run out of commenters, can always resort to characters?

Also, Whirlipede, yeeeesss. I don't know why, but always loved that particular Pokemon.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephiles the Dark Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:58 am

Wha- I- nononononono How?! ;-; *sigh* I click this page, and then, boom. I'm the next one to die after Elec... Poor Kricketune. :c I'll be watching you from above... Good luck to everyone who's still hanging on! c:
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

http://lozskullkid.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:13 am

Okay, I finally gotta comment 'cause this whole thing is so amusing to read and the bit with naming pokémon after forum members only further makes it hilarious when things get real.
Eager to see where things go from here and who else shall fall. c:<
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:49 pm

I've been checking this here and there and just yes.

Also if you ever some across a Cubone or Marowak you know exactly who to name it after.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Rest in pieces, Meph
Gothorita is gonna-eat-ya body

sorry not sorry.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:05 pm

Just toss me on one of the nameless poke's then ;D
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Dregan wrote:Well, I mean, for the ???, if we've run out of commenters, can always resort to characters?
Tempting, very tempting!
Or I might just use people on the forum who I like? I dunno. -Shrug-

@All: THANKYOU GUYS SO MUCH ;-; So many people commenting on this silly lil' adventure makes me so happy! I love you aaaalll, even the ones who are deeaad.

---

RIP Mephiles. May you rest in little bug-sized pieces. It's genuinely a shame, cause you just learnt a fantastic move too, and you were more useful. Alas, the time for heroes has passed, and now it is time for replacements.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 L9dOERY
Welcome, Froshana! Thanks for commenting cause I really needed that! Unfortunately, you seem to be a male. So I hope you don't mind become a big buff beefcake? Cause that's exactly what you'll be with my 24/7 extra handcore training. No breaks. Only protein shakes.

Right, now before doing anything else, I'm going to clear up some loose ends around the various areas I've visited. I realised that I'm going to need a Moon Stone for Froshana here, and that's all the way in BadName Town. So... I'll save you the backtracking, and just give you updates on what I did! Montage, awaaay!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 KlEjaHJ
A lot of NPCs want mail for some reason, so I bought 1 of each one juuust in case. Considering this is the only town that sells them, I can understand why. But we like in the world of pokemon - just shove the letter into the throat of a pidgey and just sorta throw it in the right direction.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 AuoH325
Moon Stone, get! Froshana's gonna be BUFF.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 8KKYCON
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 SkzNZO1
Yes, I had to backtrack for more mail. And no, it wasn't worth it. Come on, dude. You could have at least made it a Rare Candy or something! But Honey? That's useless!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 ThVObFH
Oh, and this guy wanted a Dream Mail. I got that in return. Also useless.
So, with that out the way, and sorry to say, but this entire update is really just dedicated to grinding. The gym is coming up, and I'm worried, so I've been trying to steroid everyone for the upcoming fight. Though speaking of...

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 QYP850i
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 VkPtDMb
I will say this now - this custom move is HILARIOUSLY OP. Never misses, 65+ damage with 100 accuracy, and it causes burns every time. I assumed it was a re-skin of Swift, but no, it's so much better. And I love it for it. Also it has the stupidest name. 

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 SwX003i
And in the middle of grinding, we got an evolution! Congrats, Froshana! Once she levels up to level 22 and learns Horn Attack, THEN I'll budge her over into becoming a beefcake.

Though while grinding, I decided to use the opportunity to explore places I haven't touched yet, considering the gym is the next place I need to go.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 BnbOF9c
And there was a cave to the South of the desert area, Huh. There's another path to the right there, but we'll get to that later. Cause right now, I have a feeling I know what this place is.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 KcUriuF
This... is a really shoddy temple.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 CUxUwpk
Oh wait nevermind, that actually looks really impressive. ...Praise Hippowdon?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 JI8zzzV
Ohey look a convenient item right here for me to take, in the middle of this barren and slightly empty temple, with no-one in sight. This is mighty suspicious. I'm sure I won't find a trap floor under me, which'll cause me to fall the moment I take that item.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 SZytuzG
Guess who was right? Yup. Me.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 MkZXw4K
New team-meat! To the box you go, to never be seen again!

Aaaand I just escape-rope'd out of there. I wasn't able to use TMFlash in there, so I was entirely blind, and it was a huge maze. And wild pokemon encounters. Honestly, nah. I'll pass. I don't want to be stuck down there for something so small. And I believe the prize is only a Red Shard too. If someone asks for it, I'll pop by later and actually complete this damned thing. Until then, I'm going. Goodbye!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 Xex8rrm
New route! Route P! You know, P for... pokemon... anyway, let's just get to the point, get a team member, and continue on our way.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 4QSN3S5

And then, something exciting happened.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 ZxqvDB3
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 Lf5AdKs
Look at this adorable muscle mountain. I love Nidoking, they've always been one of my favourites from the first generation. And with that, the team is finally starting to look slightly threatening! Which is surprising! I'm proud of you guys, you know, the ones that are still alive.

Heading back to Name-I-forgot-but-it-had-the-next-gym Town!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 LsWrCnj
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 IA567XQ
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 N5LAtX8
Okay I only noticed this after the update... BUT IT WAS HOLDING A LUCKY EGG.
A LUCKY EGG.
THE ITEM THAT BOOSTS EXP GAINED WHEN HELD.
I CAN GRIND EVEN BETTER.
WHAT ARE THE CHANCES.

Anyway, ahem, back to grinding.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 Keiv50g
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 AOCsrDZ
Nice.

And now...?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 Zim41Cq
With everyone levelled up...?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 JeSrKUr
There's only one thing left to do.
Well I mean so far. We're not done with the game. I mean we only have 2 gym badges. And that makes me cry cause it feels like forever since I first started this.
ANYWAY, GYM BATTLE. NEXT TIME.

---

Current Team:

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 005Burning (Charmeleon) Level 30 (Scratch, Flash, Flameofrage, Smokescreen)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 400Dregan (Bibarel) Level 30 (Water Gun, Rollout, Yawn, Headbutt)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 017Spark (Pidgeotto) Level 30 (Twister, Quick Attack, Gust, Featherdance)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 533Midknight (Durdurr) Level 30 (Low Kick, Seismic Toss, Bulk Up, Rock Slide)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 545Whip (Scolipede) Level 30 (Rollout, Poison Tail, Iron Tail, Screech)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 034Froshana (Nidoking) Level 30 (Horn Attack, Peck, Double Kick, Rock Smash )

PC Pokemon:
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 568??? (Trubbish)     Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 524??? (Roggenrola)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 527??? (Woobat)      Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 311??? (Plusle) 
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 88??? (Grimer)        Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 27??? (Sandshrew)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 539??? (Sawk)         Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 30??? (Nidorina)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 436??? (Bronzor)      Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 422??? (Shellos)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 440??? (Happiny)

The Deceased (RIP):
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 261Boubka (Poochyena) Level 3 - 17
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 52Electrisa (Meowth) Level 8 - 23
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 402Mephiles (Kricketune) Level 8 - 25
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:27 pm

I'M ALIVE.
I'M STILL ALIIIIVE YES.
AND I'M OP.
ACCURATE.

*ahem*

Sorry to see Meph go down. ;w; But let's keep pushing on, huzzah! Let's like, murder things. Yes. Let's do awesomeness. Let's... not... die... 6 levels away from the next evolution... pls... @w@
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:41 pm

SCREEEEEEECH
YES MORE NUZLOCKE YES
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:27 pm

Aw YEH, I get to be a prickly, poisonous stack of MUSCLE. Bring on the gym battle (and hope no one dies in it)!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:26 am

Froshana, most buff of all Nidokings!
Also, new gym?
RIP team.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:02 pm

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 GWgZI9M
Are we ready? Well, I imagine so. Grinding is a pain from now on and everyone's an alright enough level to match up to this guy. I just hope it'll be enough. I just hope there won't be any unfortunate crits. And above all else, I hope no-one dies.
No running, no delaying. I'm going to tackle this head-on.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 MoCRmc5
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 4cHOml8
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 55zel5o
...So were you not aware that you were talking to me?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 VsDTgzt
Well that's literally the only way to get here. If anything, you seemed trapped.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 J5dWOGr
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 DqLV8uC

/VS LEADER WATTSON/

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 IqGykMr

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 93Bv8J2
Opening up with a Doof Elekid! Which immediately strikes me that this gym match isn't just going to be a copy-paste from Emerald. Right away, I notice the level. And I'm feeling good about this fight. Everyone's where they should be.
Unfortunately, Spark and Dregan won't be much use for this fight - they're both weak to Electric attacks, and I don't want to risk it.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 7xqne6W
Needless to say, it went down quickly. A few FLAMEOFRAGE attacks was more than enough to finish it off, Wattson even wasted a potion in the process! It was capable of Shock Wave, and that was all I saw in terms of attacks. But that Shock Wave caused significantly more than I expected, and I'm wondering how I'll fare against the stronger bunch.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 HzT5PgL
Now I didn't get the death animation for this one, but I will say that this pokemon was absolutely frustrating to deal with. You have no idea how much time it spent to kill this damned dog. It was absolutely absurd. I will say that Froshana was queen King of the battlefield. Because the issue was, this thing liked to spam Shock Wave. Now obviously, Froshana's a ground type, so I threw them in to deal with the dog.
But the Jolteon also knew Dig. Which is super-effective against Nidokings because of their poison type. And the only one resistant to Dig was... Spark.
So I'd switch into Spark. They'd strike with Dig, nothing would happen.
Anticipating a Shock Wave, I'd switch to Froshana.
The Jolteon used Dig. I'd switch to...
You see the issue. The times it DIDN'T use Dig, the damned thing used Double Team.
And it took 10+ turns to finally take this thing down, with a spam of Horn Attacks that occasionally hit. When it was weak, Wattson used a Super Potion. Needless to say, it was very, very infuriating. But it went down. Went down with me screaming.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 RutmpX8
The next pokemon! Rotom! This one was annoying too, preferring to use a Thunder Wave + Confuse Ray combo, and then spamming Shock Waves and Astomish every chance it had. Thankfully, Burning here and his FLAMEOFRAGE destroyed it.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 DcInWWm
...But Burning was still paralysed and confused, and I simply just couldn't afford to have him continue fighting. Which is awful, because the next Pokemon would have been an easy kill, but it's also his most powerful, and I don't want any more deaths in this run.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 9QRwF3q
Everyone's favourite electric floofspider, Galvantula! Switching in to Whip here, because of the Bug and Poison typing, which may help stay resistant to a few of their attacks. Using Screech twice to lower its defence to hilariously low standards, I made a very dangerous play.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 Mkq4eU1
And opted for Rollout. See, the issue with Rollout is that once I use it, I can't do anything else until it stops. Which means if Whip got to those levels you see there, I wouldn't be able to switch out or heal him up until he was done with his temper tantrum. Thankfully, with that hilariously low defence, I managed to pull it off hanging by a spider's thread.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 CVtnrMs
And victory was obtained.

/LEADER WATTSON DEFEATED - GYM BADGE OBTAINED/

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 A96TaP6
Oh thank god no-one died. Oh thank god. I'm happy with my team and I don't want any more casualties. Please don't die in the future either. Oh god my heart was pounding the entire fight. This is unhealthy for me.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 3Cm5SML
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 Z7uoyYJ
Right, now I can use Strength. And I know exactly where to go.
And Shock Wave, which I can only teach to either Dregan or Froshana. It'd be a bit useless on both, honestly, but we'll see as we go. With victory on our heads, it's time to collect HMStrength from the Safari Zone!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 GuTQkCC
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 2RpRERb
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 T9JTZzD
And... everything was actually okay! Colour me surprised! Dregan has a more powerful move and is slowly becoming our inevitable HMSlave, and I know exactly where to go for the next update! We're on track!

And we... only have 3 badges. Out of 8.
Realising that makes me want to cry.

Oh boy. We have a LONG way to go...

---

Current Team:

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 005Burning (Charmeleon) Level 30 (Scratch, Flash, Flameofrage, Smokescreen)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 400Dregan (Bibarel) Level 30 (Water Gun, Rollout, Yawn, Strength)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 017Spark (Pidgeotto) Level 30 (Twister, Quick Attack, Gust, Featherdance)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 533Midknight (Gurdurr) Level 30 (Low Kick, Seismic Toss, Bulk Up, Rock Slide)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 545Whip (Scolipede) Level 30 (Rollout, Poison Tail, Iron Tail, Screech)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 034Froshana (Nidoking) Level 30 (Horn Attack, Peck, Double Kick, Rock Smash )

PC Pokemon:
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 568??? (Trubbish)     Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 524??? (Roggenrola)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 527??? (Woobat)      Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 311??? (Plusle) 
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 88??? (Grimer)        Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 27??? (Sandshrew)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 539??? (Sawk)         Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 30??? (Nidorina)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 436??? (Bronzor)      Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 422??? (Shellos)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 440??? (Happiny)

The Deceased (RIP):
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 3 402Mephiles (Kricketune) Level 8 - 25
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:07 pm

I like to think that, by the end of this run, the saddest fatality will not be the hoards of dead pokemon

but rather, the death of Spekkal. Heart attacks are dangerous things, you know ;D
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Better hope to gawd there isnt a psychic gym coming up :') That wouldnt be too pretty
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum