Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread Of Good Vibes

+6
Electrisa
ChaoticBou
Dregan
Midknight
Caliburn
Spekkal
10 posters

Go down

Thread Of Good Vibes Empty Thread Of Good Vibes

Post by Spekkal Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:46 pm

We need just one more of these kind of threads. We need a topic which we can post in to make others happy, to motivate them, to tell them they're doing a great job. Hell, just tell someone you appreciate them, why you appreciate them.
So, someone improve recently? Someone do a nice thing, or help out? Someone say something you appreciated, or maybe post in a thread was gonna die? Do you just wanna say thanks without being creepy about it?

So here, we can say all these things. And compile one big lovely hug-thread of positivity. Because if we boost each other, then we can all do better. And that's really cheesy and cringeworthy, but you all totes love me for it.

Oh and please keep it to one person per post - but you're free to post frequently as long as you don't double post!

---

So starting this off, I'd like to give my thanks to Burning-Fox. Despite all troubles, he's still managed to fight everything and stay here. Even when beaten down, he still does his best to help, stay strong, and is dedicated to keeping a smile. Sooo thanks, Burn! You've been a massive help, and your posting in the forum is seriously helping keep this ride going, and motivates me to do my best too. I really appreciate it! <3
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Thread Of Good Vibes Empty Re: Thread Of Good Vibes

Post by Caliburn Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:51 pm

God damnit you butt you're an idiot, hgnnnngh why did you do this.

Not going to lie this is working though. Aaaaa. ;w;

Onto MY thing. c:

I'd really like to give a personal thanks to BOTH admins! Spekkal and Uncanny, for their amazing efforts to keep things going. Like, seriously, this site wouldn't exist right now if it weren't for them. The events. The plotting. Keepings things together at all is a daunting task and they managed to do it for a long time. And now they're both back for another run, and it's truly amazing how much determination to keep things going a person can have.

I had my shot at being an admin in the past, and I blew it. But not entirely. Because making these two admins was the best decision ever, as this site can now start to thrive again!

Great job to both of you. Don't forget to take a break every so often though. ^^;
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:07 am

YOU DICK HOW VERY DARE YOU

---

Yooo time to give some good vibes to Uncanny too! Cause not only have they helped me with the forum for all these years, which holy shit thank you so much for having the patience with it when I gave up several times, BUT they're like pretty much my bestest friend?? AND THEY'RE A HUGE NERD??? AND I LOVE THEM?????
And basically I want to say thanks to Uncanny for helping me out with everything, not only the forum but like life in general too. And supporting me when I needed it, and even when I didn't but was still there to make sure. And for being such an amazing and talented person and Uncanny I am so proud of you and I will fight anyone who says anything bad about you.
And the forum wouldn't be anywhere close to what it is without you and your help,and it would have died a fiery death if not for your assistance and ideas, and general motivation to continue. So thanks for minding the forum, for looking after it, for helping out with events, for helping with the badges, for just doing everything by my side.
And I'm always here if you need me, ya butt <3
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:33 pm

Goddammit you butttrumpets made me cry, was that your intention? KFJDJFKDSJFD

So instead of being a butt and throwing compliments back at the obvious people, I am gonna pick somebody completely different!

My lil' shout out goes to Vegetaovr9000 who has been a member here for nearly two years now. Like damm I seen you grow from quite an insecure person who struggled with some RP related things to a much better RPer and I swear, each post you make I can see your experience grow. But honestly not only as an RPer have you grown, you also have grown as a person in the most positive way! You are like one of the best examples of a long lasting member of your wave of registrations. Because you grown in all the right ways.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:58 pm

Love you too, babe~ <3

---

Hello yes I would like to give a huge shower of compliments to Ryder! Cause they're super duper nice and awesome to talk to! Like 99% of the time, they're up and ready for hugs. And ignoring the fact that I run away like all the time, it's still really sweet and nice to see! I'm a fan of positivity after all! Plus! They're really been improving a lot! Not only have they always been up for an RP, which is fantastic cause being motivated for RPs make other people motivated, but he's also been improving character-wise! He's been taking advice, and wants to do his best to improve, and has been learning and I'm super proud of him!
So keep it up! You're doing great! <3
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:35 am

Gonna do this! CAUSE I'M SLEEPY AND HYPER AND EMOTIONAL RN

I would like to show a huge set of appreciation and thanks to our own little buzzsaw and Mod, Elec! There is honestly just never a dull a moment with this one and I adore 'Tris for this greatly! 

Back before summer when I was far more active I remember just having some good and silly chats with Elec, and if I'd had a bad day or were going through some tough times Elec here would always manage to cheer me up, even if I'd never really directly said I wasn't feeling good. We would talk about arts, music, characters, filling the Pokedex, school, even just silly pointless banter and it was always just good fun :3

You're also so motivational, always encouraging others, whether it be art, new characters, backstories, RPing, a lot! 

I adore your art so much  and your characters and how you write them are always such a joy to RP with, I really miss it honestly

The main point I'm getting across here is I'm glad I managed to talk to 'Tris cause you really did always brighten up my day and you did help me with a lot, even if you don't know it ;u; I'm sorry I essentially disappeared without a warning for a while and I am a bad dargon for doing so! I apologise ;NL
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:36 pm

My next shout out will be to Dregan. It always amuses me to a degree that so many people tend to be intimidated to talk to you. And honestly I get it! You are one of those rare people who has knowledge in so many things and is able to articulate your opinion and points so well on things when your opinion is needed or when you give it in general. And honestly that is something not many people tend to be able to do.

On top of that you are one of my sprite and comic senpais for a damm good reason. I adore the way you make your sprites look as they are very pleasant on the eye and you damm well improved with them even if the short three years I have known you now. And your ability to story tell in your comics, TEACH IT TO ME. The way you pace the plot only with the small more one-off kind of pages at times make it so enjoyable to read. And don't get me started on how you do your fight scenes!

This post already is getting lengthy but I feel like I should address two last things. Your RPing and characters. I absolutely love the way you write your posts as they read so flowing and natural. It's that type of writing that makes everything clear, yet doesn't feel like a long wall of text. And then your characters. Holy shit I love every single one of them! They all have their own unique personalities and designs and are just so well worked out. I have YET to see a character that you made that I didn't adore.

Also you are a dork and should draw more!
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:22 pm

nvdfibdgfbgfbgf
You! You are the dork! Take that!
Butnoseriouslythankyou.

Either way, I'm gonna give a shot at this myself. I am gosh-dang awful at this sort of thing, but still, I'mma do it. I'mma do it right now. Doin' it this second.
Personally would like to make my shout-out to Boubka, or as he's currently known here, CyanFoxboy. One of the more long-time members here and definitely one of the more active.

Let's start off with commitment, which is an odd point to start on in a way, but it's one which sorta struck me as I was going to grab the link to his profile. Officially speaking he joined in 2013 - about 5 days after me if I check my profile notes real quick. Now we've had a fair few people around that long - as I say, myself included - that in itself isn't special. What's special is the consistency of his presence. Most members - myself and even the staff included - have had our habits of phasing in and out from the place, having sparks of activity, only to then spend months on end vaguely letting things pass us by. As far as I've seen though Boubka has basically always been there when we've popped back. He's like a staple of the site. Something something, metaphor about staples holding things together. What I'm saying is, he's been comitted to this site where even the staff and veterans have sometimes let it slide.

Let's also take the time to talk about maturity and positivity. A couple of years back Boubka was... shall we say very peppy and hyperactive and such. Not in a bad way, but wow that was some enthusiasm hard to keep up with.
Flash forward to now, and you can see that he's mellowed slightly, he's evidently matured over time. Still, despite that, he's kept a lot of his positive energy. A lot of people associate 'maturing' with getting more miserable and more cynical. Whilst Boubka's matured, he certainly hasn't fallen into that trap, holding onto his enthusiasm and bringing a positive energy to the site.

So, here's to thee Boubka. Something something, RAISE YER GLASSES.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:53 pm

First of all, Dregan, thank you very much for that heart-warming speech. I would've never expected anything about me here, but appearantly, people do remember me ;u;.

Anyway let's give some peeps a good feeling. OKAY THEN LET'S GO
First is our lovely mod of his beautiful site: Electrisa. Two years ago, when I appeared on this site, there was a chatbox (On the top of the forum 8D). I entered immidiately after signing up and I was meeted by this orange colored fluffball. She was so excited and hyperactive for a new member! She immidiately threw me in an RP and it felt like I was in the heavens. Elec hasn't changed much in that aspect. She's still as excited as ever (Or anyway, she acts like that) when a new member pops up and tries to help them in every way to make them get in their comfort zone. And her RP posts, holly crud I'm so jealous. You are so good at knowing what your character should feel at that moment, and you describe it so well. An amazing roleplayer who has never left this site from the start she was here. Dregan maybe said that I was there all the time. I've been gone for like 2 months, but you stayed the whole time and you were twice as active. Kudo's to you or however you may spell it.

Then over to this poopyface called Midknight. You, my friend are the pinaccle of motivation. Although you haven't felt motivation yourself lately in some parts, you definitely motivate me to do stuff like making music and drawing art. After that drum video, I wanted to make music again, actually compose stuff. Now I've made this all because of you (SHAMELESS PROMOTION 8D). I really wanna thank you!

Also thanks to Spekkal and Uncanny for reviving this site! This is really what the forum needed. Extra thanks to Spekkal for telling me how the linking thing works. ^^;
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:03 pm

*SCREAMS LOUDLY AT BOU AND MIDKNIGHT* LOVE THE BOTH OF YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT WHY YOU BUFFS AAAHHHHHHHH
(also not true i wasn't active in forums before now)
(SPEAKING OF)
UNCANNY AND SPEKKAL
GUESS WHY I'M TALKING OF YOU TWO HERE
YES EXACTLY
Cause you two are my absolute senpais you guessed it despite not saying anything and in fact not even knowing I'm writing this yet
BUT I AM
Because from the very start since I joined that forum as a really derpy and not exactly good at English or actually anything member, with noodly unsure characters, very poor vocabulary and all the other traits of a newbie not only to the forum but also the the internet as a whole, you two SUPPORTED ME IN LIKE EVERYTHING
And I wanted to give you all the good vibes for motivating me to be like you two by just being here and doing all the awesome things you did three years ago and are still doing, and I wanted to give you even MORE good vibes because it's not just me, you guys find the greatest things in EVERY MEMBER AND MOTIVATE THEM TO DEVELOP THOSE THINGS LIKE HOW AWESOME IS THAT
I am very not good at words and I'm sorry but if I want to give people good vibes then it's definitely you two for all the arts and RPs and things. And of course for caring for this forum for so long. Like how are you even doing this I would've never gotten even half of the ideas you managed to conjure in your minds. Teach me more. Teach forever

Edit: and yes I know it's been done already but I DON'T CARE cause I wanted to goodvibe you two PERSONALLY because you deserve WAY MORE VIBES.
THIS WORD RUBS ME THE WRONG WAY.
BUT NO MATTER.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:51 pm

And just to say something back to Dregan. This guy is awesome. His comics are super cool. His videos are super cool. His face (No picture. Sorryyyy) is super cool. What can I say? He is totally the one you should go to if you wanna have a good laugh. We should call again sometime because I'm bored as hell.
(And I have no glasses to raise. Silly Dargon. I don't wear glasses.)
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:55 pm

Lets spread some more screaming to people. In this case Elec. OH MY GOD YOU ARE LIKE THE MOST PRECIOUS THING.

I remember like it was yesterday when you first joined the forum. And you just stood out to me. Were your grammar, English and RP skills  not the best? Well yeah. But you just had that passion and will to want to improve, so often asking for feedback and if you were doing things right.

On top of that you are like the friendliest thing, always wanting to engage with everybody no matter their skill level or age. It is like you are a sniping ninja planning your next strike on a member you never RPed with yet. You must collect them all and it's amazing <3

Just damm have you grown in those nearly 3 years now. Your skills on all fields have increased so much. You used to be so shy on top of that and now you know just how to tell people if they break rules or make no sense. Honestly you are like a trillion times better at it than I even am.

You don't know how much I enjoy talking to you personally. You are that light that can brighten up anybody's day with your positivety.

Plus like everything about you is adorable! You personality, your voice, your face, your characters and your art.

In regards to art; TEACH ME YOUR SKILLS MY DEAR BUZZSAW~
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:56 am

Giving this thread another post because bloody hell we need these good vibes >:U

So I am gonna give a shout out to Midknight whom is one of the older members on here and one of the few from that time way back when that is still active together with Burn and Punk.

I remember when I first met you on the knock off site from this and remember thinking you were a really cool chick. And then the discovery that you are not that at all but instead an adorable faced guy. One who honestly is so social and friendly to everybody and just AHHHHHHHHHHHH. You are one with a golden heart and so many different talents as well dammit. HOW ARE YOU ALLOWED SO MANY >:U

Though in all honestly, Mid please keep up the good work and stay as amazing as always!
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:47 pm

TIME TO POST MORE VIBES!
So hello I would like to take this moment, just sit right there, to tell you all about Knux and something something rhymes. Anyway! I'd just like to give a huuuge thankyou to Knuxtiger4 for helping out with the forum, and help us deal with all the silly people on the cbox and sometimes the forums! Cause we'd be a lot worse-for-wear without your help and dictatorship over the weak and basically, thanks wife~ <3

Plus, like, I'm really glad you're coming back to us! It's been forever, and you've been through a lot and I'm really proud of you (because you're so nice and you don't deserve anything bad ever) and seeing you willing to RP in the Sonic OC mess that we are, is amazing! And I've missed you! We've all missed you, you butt!

And yeah basically you're super nice and amazing and you're my wife and I'll punch anyone who says we're not (even you) with my noodle arms and you've helped so much and I'm so happy that you keep helping, even when you were hesitant about everything. ilu bae <3
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:38 am

I CRUSH THE WEAK AND-

Wait.  Ohgodwhattheheck.  It's like 1:30 in the morning and I stumbled into this thread and oh god I'm going to cry and its too late for the feel of emotions.  Also going to punch you for those wife comments.

I'm going to properly thank you Spekkal when I have a chance.

Might as well say I should give some good vibes to Spekkal, Uncanny and Elec.  These guys have gone out their way many, many times when I was at a low to message me and ask if I was okay and send me silly things to help me out.  Last few months have been rough for me with a lot of personal nonsense in my life and these guys have helped a lot with trying to get me through those.

I'll also have to say they all also have tried many times to help me not feel so negative towards my own characters to the point they even suggest ideas to help me not feel this way.  They all had to deal with my negative rambles on why I want to NEVER touch those sets of characters ever again.  I was at the point I just wanted to never see my own characters again and just the talking about them made my blood boil.  Think just seeing a breath of life here on the forums and also the feeling of being left out helped sparked that positive feeling again that I really needed?  Either way you three have been super supportive the last few days when I finally got over the negative feelings I was harboring for months on my own stuff.  Really its what I needed to finally kick myself back.

Really I can't thank you guys enough. ;A;
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:38 am

Lets do another shout
This time round to Burning-fox. Because yooo another one of the old group that still is here. An honestly one of the bigger reasons why SRN is still around as it is. Not only did he bring a control to a place without rules, he also brought back staff to a place who had their staff just leave before to leave the site to fend for itself. So he does deserve major props for that!

But regardless, he is a very nice person who puts a lot of thought and effort into everything he creates! And honestly it shows a lot c:

Plus he's a dork(In a good way)  to talk to and always willing to help.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:51 pm

Whoops the forum is dying again because I'm lazy. So I feel like I need to thank someone for trying despite that.
And that person would be Electrisa! Because despite the inactivity here because 2/3 admins are lazy as all heckaroni, she's still trying her best! She's posted in RPs, she's greeted new members and practically manages the cbox all by herself, and above all else. she's dedicated to keep this place alive!
Honestly, SRN wouldn't be half the place it is without her, and her drive to keep trying motivates me too! So thanks, Elec, I appreciate you! <3
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ILS Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:34 am

can someone cheer up ol' ILS over here please?
ILS
ILS
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:59 pm

I don't really know you very well, ILS. In fact, I don't really know a lot of members very well. But I sure do appreciate you! I appreciate all of our members, because without anyone, this entire forum wouldn't be possible and it's great that we're able to all come together to participate in a common interest. 

ILS, you've brought some interesting threads and discussions to the forum and that's really cool. If it helps, you also have some real neat characters! I always enjoy reading character bios, and yours are no exceptions. So thank you for being apart of this little community and keeping the discussion going!
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down