Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valentine's Round 2!

+12
Knuxtiger4
ChaoticBou
lady-tragedy
Geo
DeuxExDimensia
Shadow
Sparknish
Avery
PersimmonAutumn
vegetaovr9000
Caliburn
Uncanny-Illustrator
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Valentine's Round 2! Empty Valentine's Round 2!

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:28 pm

And just like that, with the tempo reaching maximum speed, there was a brief moment of silence from the speakers before broken with a loud 'ding!'. Time's up!

So the chairs moved once more, this time with new pairings that can be seen below. Happy chatting!

THE PAIRS ARE AS FOLLOWS;
-Twilight    -Melancholy
-Punk         -Amber
-Boubka     -Ebony
-Srunks      -Loralei
-Geo           -Frost
-Shadow     -Kid A
-Pierce       -Chris
-Avery        -Roark
-Revan        -Tina
-Spark        -Soraiah

You may still only post once after an admin has posted, but admin posts will be more frequent to allow more interaction.
And above all else, please consider the person you are assigned with. Please don't leave them hanging waiting for a reply, it's not fair on anyone else. Again, if you feel you can't post, alert an admin in charge of the event.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Round 2! Empty Re: Valentine's Round 2!

Post by Caliburn Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:04 pm

Ebonia quickly got in a few last moment details before the ding. "Oh, sounds nice! Uh, I'm a space explorer, spent about four years in space continously venturing about other planets, definitely fun, an-" DING. "Awh, well uh, guess that's that. Shorter than I thought, guess I'll-" And with a slight gasp suddenly the chair was launched elsewhere, the cat wincing in surprise but dealing with it.

Upon it stopping however, she quickly adjusted her hair and took in the blue fox before her. "...Eheh. Hi there. I'm Ebonia, how about you? Sorry if I'm rushing, but from how short these rounds are, there's barely any time at all!" She scratched the back of her head, dazed. "...Er, sorry. Go on...?"

She twiddled her thumbs a bit under the table, a bit embarrassed by how forceful she was being. She knew it was speed dating but that wasn't much more of a "date" than a small stop at the drop of a rollercoaster.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:34 pm

"Hey, my favorite color is green too!" He said before getting the DING and being moved to the next person "Woah, this is awesome!" He seemed to enjoy this, he got to interact with people, and he didn't even have to get out of his seat. "Heh...I wonder who the next person I got is."
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Cruising down I-29 in a '97 Plymouth Grand Voyager B)

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:20 pm

The ding emenating from the speakers caused the persimmon wolf to freeze up like a statue. Tense. Her hands grip the chair cushion as she vaguely heard the faint clicking of its inner-working gears. She was not getting left behind this time. Just as she suspected, the chair whirred to life and zoomed across the room. Ears pressed back onto her head in slight caution, her pupils shrunk to the size of apple seeds. What kind of game is this?

Her hand went up to clutch her chest for a moment, just to check if her heart was still there. Thump, thump, thump, thump Yup still there. A sigh of relief left her lips as she finally went to focus on the person before her. 'Pineapple.' Was the first thing that came to mind. Tilting her head curiously, Amber observed the sunny-colored hedgehog sitting in front of her. His fur color reminded her greatly of, "Summer." Wow, she said it without even realizing it. This panicked her however, as she began fumbling to explain herself. "I mean- Erk- You- Your fur- it-..." She bit her tongue for a moment, looking away. Oddly enough, her expression was still calm, while she was freaking out inside. "Reminds me of summer."

Finished.

Slowly, her amber colored eyes drifted back to the hedgehog, anticipating an answer. Compared to her autumn colored coat, he was indeed a refreshing change of sight. So different than her usual sights and palettes. "Amber." She blurted out before her mind could doubt itself. "Amber Wolfe."
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:02 pm

With the sudden whoosh carrying Punk over to the next table, his head began spinning at the speed. He shook it off quickly as he is met with the wolf in front of him, he finds it hard comprehending her small amount of words until finally replying "Well, I guess thats a complement, sooo thanks! Names Punk Jetson, pleasures all mine!" He says with a smile that seemed to just never leave his face "To get thinks outta the way quickly since we don't have much time....I'm a carefree guy with a lot of time to relax after an action packed wild ride past and nothing to show for it! Fun right?! And what about you~?" He sudden calmed down and shot a goofy wink at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:17 pm

With the ding from the speakers, the chairs began to move once again! and with this being as soon as the music ended, it was certainly unexpected. Avery had to hang onto his chair as it suddenly began to move yet again, lifting his tail in fear that it may be crushed underneath. Being suddenly moved like that wasn't that good for his head, as his eyes began to roll around, being dizzy from the whole experience. Though he came to his senses when arriving at the next location and to the next person he would talk to.

Putting his tail down again and holding his head, he shook off the sudden movement as he looked to the next person he would talk to. Though to his surprise, he was talking to another guy, though looking around again, there were a lot more guys here than girls, so he mentally shrugged it away, not like he was planning on anything happening. Though, he still didn't exactly know where to start a conversation, as he was right in the middle of one just a few seconds ago. But he mustered up what he could think of on the spot and tried to start off.

"Hey there, I'm Avery... pffft... Uh..." though, there wasn't much for him to think about. It was difficult to pin a topic down that he would also talk about. It was obvious he hasn't had much, if at all experience with the whole thing.

As for Frost? As soon as that ding was heard, she was tensed up the air around her nearly frozen. It was then that the chairs began to move again, which caught her off guard as she was moved to a new location. Taking in what had happened, she quickly calmed herself, putting two fingers on her head and dragging them down to her nose, taking a deep breath as the air around her returned to the slightly colder than normal air. 

She puts her hand back to her lap as she looked to her next conversation partner with her emotionless eyes. It was the one that delayed the event, how eventful. Being respectful, unlike the person she tried to talk to before, she bowed her head slightly, then speaking.

"Hello, I am Frost Laywa... or so your language calls me. May I know your name and your occupation here? As for myself, I have to say that I do not know. For I have not been here for as long as you or anyone else here."

She spoke with the same monotone voice as she did with her previous partner, as if hesitating to show any emotion or even trying at all. Her pose was very still, almost as if she were a statue that would be broken with a single touch. She sat upright, almost like a nobleman listening to the orders of a ruler, only the presence she gives off was that she was the ruler instead of the nobleman.
Avery
Avery
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparknish Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:36 pm

And with that the short lived intro was decided. Spark was taken to a new person and his expression was a bit perplexed on how this is working but went along with this anyway. 

He was met with a Badger and she seemed normal enough so onto the routine.

[color=yellow]"Hey there, My name is Spark. How have you been?" He flashed the Badger a nice smile. Confidence is flowing through him.
Sparknish
Sparknish

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:59 pm

Before Shadow could get a proper answer to his question, his chair moved him to another person. He seemed to recognize her as someone who entered this speed dating thing along with the last person he talked to. What are the odds? Well, whatever the case, he was glad that these things were fast. The sooner he'd get out of these awkward situations the better. 

Shadow did the same thing he did with the last person: said nothing. Of course, he would greet her if she greeted him, but hopefully she'd just refrain from saying anything. She seemed rather nervous about this whole thing, but he supposed it was because she'd never seen most of these people before. It was only a matter of time before someone who recognized him would go bonkers because they know who he is.
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:02 pm

Twilight seemed a little relieved to be moving on to the next person, but his expression immediately became bitter again when he was faced with another unfamiliar face. He crossed his arms again, folded his wings in and stared at the mobian sitting across from him- waiting to see what they would do first. 

As the chair took Pierce away from Kid A, he kneeled up and waved to the strange winged fox. "Later, honey!" he called, hoping that perhaps they'd get to talk again soon. He quickly turned back to greet the next person he was paired with. He blinked and folded his wings in, staring at the other mobian for a while before waving. "... Yo." He said, awaiting a response.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:18 am

"What the-..."

Geo had felt the jerking motion of the mechanisms underneath the chairs before he heard the music stop with a "Ding!" and became rigid. The chair he was sitting in began to move, and he seemingly had no reaction, though he was stock-still with his eyes slightly more open than usual. He thought for a moment while he moved to the next person, They were really literally when they said speed dating, huh? At this rate, I won't even get enough time to get anyone's number before I speed off. Hmm...maybe it's time to change strategies.

As the chairs came to a stop, Geo relaxed a little bit, crossing his arms that were holding onto the sides of the chair again and letting his long, scaly tail waver a little. This time he was set on getting this girl's number, or at least setting up a meeting outside of this speedy hell. He had no idea why, but the sense of challenge probably influenced him to do this.

"I'm Geo Ryans. I'm a-...err, wanderer, I suppose. I don't exactly have a home or job. You could say that I'm in the protection business, I guess...also, just a tip: I'm partially blind, so you don't have to worry about staying poised, unless you're comfortable like that. Uh...so what's your reason for being here? Personally, I just wanted to see who I'd get matched up with. As if I could be roped down. Can you believe it?" How he knew that she was completely solid despite being half blind, he'd never tell.

Geo was trying to give out information to her quickly, as was part of his new "strategy", while not choking her with meaningless facts. So far, it was working quite well. Though he seemed to be a little eager to move things along, tapping the desk with his finger, the clacking noise coming from his scales. Although, he still had a wolfish grin on his face. He seemed just as solid as Frost, despite the tapping of the desk, but he looked more like a rugged mountain than a frail statue.

Geo

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:49 pm

She blinked an chuckled a little at Roark's statement of looking for a lucky lady, especially coupled with the wink he added to it. He certainly seemed like a rather carefree guy. Kage wasn't quite so amused though and she could feel her control over her body slipping as the demon fought his way into control, baring her teeth at the shark and getting ready to give him a piece of his mind, but fortunately he never got the chance as there was a ding and the chairs moved.

The moment of surprise from the demon was enough for Soraiah to scramble back ontop and push him to the back of her conscience where he sulked. What was that about Kage?! But the demon wouldn't answer her. But she did find herself infront of another person all of a sudden and tried to force herself to be calm and collected.

This one seemed rather confident. Must be a guy thing, or he'd just been having a good first date. "Ah, I'm Soraiah... I'm doing ok" she tried to sound chipper while throwing mental daggers at the sulking demon at the corner of her mind. She tucked back a strand of hair and gave Spark a nervous smile"Nice to meet you Spark, what brings you here?".
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:07 pm

WHOOP SWITCH. His hair went in his face. "UH!" The the switching stopped. He saw a brown blur on the other side. It was already talking. He removed the hair out of his eyes and he saw a girl. Or rather a woman. He looked kinda happy. Luckily there are girls here. Boubka changed his mind about things. What if he actually could get a girlfriend here. Don't be afraid. If it fails, it doesn't matter. The main target is still finding new friends. 

His expression changed into excitement when the cat stopped talking, which was pretty darn fast for how much she told already. "I totally understand yes we should quickly talk as much as we can. So okay hello I'm Boubka and I am...ehm A fox yes hello and I really like chocolate!" The words that came out of the fox' mouth shot out with tremendous speed, trying to waste no time at all.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:20 am

And with that loud ding off the chairs went!  Roark frowned as his chair move, making a little wave at Soraiah before looking around the room wondering where his chair was going to take him.  Luckily didn't take too long as he was place in front of... a guy. "Awww man." he frowned a tiny bit, "Not a girl this time." he thought to himself.  Well, at least he should make the best of it, right?  There weren't many girls in the room so this was bound to happen.

He looked at Avery who already introduced himself during his little thought and shook his head a bit to gain focus.  "I'm Roark!" he smiled, putting his hand out to shake.  "What bring you out here today if you don't mind telling me?"

As for the shark's bear friend, she didn't seem all that bothered by her chair moving as she sat there rather calmly as it went along.  At least she'll have an interesting story to tell about how she met a ghost on a speed dating event at least.  Soon as with the other chairs, her stop in front of a guy.  He face went from a neutral to a not too happy face, she preferred to have gotten a girl but look like due to the turn out of guys, she wasn't going to get that lucky.

Lorelei glances at Skrunks, waiting for him to strike up the conversation first.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparknish Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:33 pm

Pls ignore

Last edited by Sparknish on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Sparknish
Sparknish

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:15 am

As Tina was starting to get comfortable with talking to Geo, the bright "ding" rang through the room, and the chairs had whisked to the next destination. 'Hm... that Geo guy seems really nice. I'll keep in touch with him later,' Tina thought to herself.

When she was set in front of the dark colored wolf, she hesitated to regain her bearings, partly because she was intimidated by the mask near him. Oh well, no matter. "Hi! I'm Tina." she chimed, awaiting a response.
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Round 2! Empty Valentines Round 2

Post by Revan Skirata Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:12 am

Revan smiled slightly and looked down he gave a half hearted wave and said "hey...I'm Revan nice to meet you? right?" he was nervouse considering the first one he had met today didnt do anything so he had been bored and now he wasnt exactly all to happy so looked at tina and said "i guess ill start um...i dunno there isnt much to know about me so tell me about yourself...." he looked at tina and after a while said "uh please"

Revan Skirata

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:18 pm

Thus the hum of conversation began for a second time.
And the music, that smooth sound to shatter any possibility of silence, was once again gradually increasing in tempo, signalling that they didn't exactly have long before this event came to a close.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:30 pm

He looked to Lorelei and scratched his cheek a bit "Uhm...hi. My name's Srunks, I...uhm... I enjoy working with cars, and meeting new people... What about you?"
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Cruising down I-29 in a '97 Plymouth Grand Voyager B)

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:07 pm

"Chocolate? I like chocolate too, I mean, not that many people that don't right? It's almost a guilty pleasure ever since I got back home. About myself, though, I'm Ebonia Roxas, forgot to give the full name, and I'm a veteran space explorer. I got back from a big voyage a couple of months back, actually. Was really nice exploring different planets and worlds..." She said, starting off on a bit of a tangent. "...Er, sorry, I'm babbling. Eheh." With a warm smile she asked; "What about you? You done anything interesting? Other than eating chocolate, I mean~" She slightly chuckled.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:55 pm

Okay. Nothing? Twilight continued to sit back, almost ready to kick his feet up- right on the mobian. He didn't seem to care much, and the music was annoying, but at least he didn't have to talk. As far as he was concerned, this was a break. 

"So..." Pierce started, a bit taken aback by the silence. "You got anything you like doin'?" He asked. He wasn't sure where to go with this, it made him a little bit flustered. He started tapping his foot impatiently, waiting for the timer to run out so that he might actually strike up a conversation with someone.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:39 am

Punk was... Loud. That was her first impression of him. Perhaps maybe too energetic for her. She'd never keep up. However, she did tense up and flush somewhat when he winked at her. This left Amber stunned for a moment, recovering only when the music began picking up. That was when her real struggle happened. "Oh- er- well- y- yes, fun." She fumbled, eyes nervousely shifting back and forth as she squirmed in her seat somewhat. "Personally... I enjoy peace and quiet... Had my share of wild adventures and... Travels. I enjoy free-running and parkour." She paused to think about things she should mention. "I like sweets."
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:47 am

Avery watched Roark extend his hand to shake. He shook it gently and sat back down. Then came his question of why he was here. Huh, never really thought about it before now.

"Well uh... I was just curious I guess? I mean, I didn't exactly come here to look for anything special, but I still see these things around and I guess I was curious enough to see how these things work heheh."

Avery rubbed his head and chuckled, then asking "What about you? Any reason for being here? Or were you just curious too? ...Or does it have to do with anything else? Oh, how about a different question: Who... do you think will be your ideal match? For me I uh... Hmmm... honestly don't know! Haven't exactly put much thought into it hahaha."

Meanwhile with Frost, she had seen that this person, Geo, was rather hasty with his words. As if wanting to speed this along as fast as possible, that sort of thing is not entirely welcome to Frost, but she would let it slide for right now, but to avoid anything rash she would have to point out that flaw.

"Well, Geo, I can see that you are very hasty with your current actions, as you want to give information quickly and expect to get it as quickly back. However, I am not of that standard, as such hasty actions will lead to some disaster waiting to happen. Though you say you're a wanderer, I can see that you have other talents as well. Your hard sell and rather sharp claws show that you live partly underground, perhaps even making tunnels for transportation. As for why I am here, I am ready to start anew on this world. I cannot hold onto the past, as it will only weigh me down with sorrowful thoughts.

Though, I will say that you have more of a chance with someone more carefree. You act as though you are strong, and having someone like that might even help you subtly. Just my advice to you, you can take them or leave them behind, the choice about that is yours.
"

Frost spoke with her never changing monotone voice, she barely even moved, and when she did it was fluid with motion. Mainly arm movements, but those were very subtle to see. She seemed to be holding something back, just with her pose and even the way she speaks, she just looks like she's holding onto something.
Avery
Avery
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:58 am

Punk gave a quick nod in response before chiming in again. "I like a bit of quiet myself too, I mean, I've had a lot of it recently, but hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it." He chuckled lightly "Hmm? I like sweets too!" He laughed a little again, relaxing in his seat "Good thing it's valentines, there's plenty of sweets and chocolate to go around~"

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:19 am

Boubka looked at Ebonia with full excitement "Veteran space explorer!? That's awesome!" Then he put his finger on his bottom lip and stared at the ceiling. "Hmmm...Have I ever done anything special? Well I have lots of friends! Shadows, Demons, really big bulky strong people....Yeah! So I guess the interesting thing is making new friends!~ I do really like chocolate though....OH I mean...ehm!" Boubka quickly looked around. What to say? "Do ya have any hobbies?"
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:01 pm

(Oh god I have been awful this time I blame work and Spekkal)

Well, of course Chris was struggling to respond to dear Pierce - the ghost had barely refound her seat when the questions began! You see, when everything began to rotate round, well... it had been rather sudden. And for an ethereal being such as the pale horse soul of the late Christopher Curran, it meant the seat had moved on away without her. Getting a height vantage on the situation, she'd only just made it back down when the music began, her matched up partner rushing to get conversation moving.
"Oh - uh - sorry, anything I like doing...?" she paused for a second. This was a guy. This wasn't what she was after. This wasn't what she was after at all.
"The... theatre?" she hazarded. She only just found her seat and was already glancing to the time.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next