Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C-Box Spaceship Issues

+2
Midknight
CleverFox101
6 posters

Go down

C-Box Spaceship Issues Empty C-Box Spaceship Issues

Post by Knuxtiger4 Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:43 pm

Figure I'd bring this up since I've been having this issue along with a few others.  The 'spaceship" section of the c-box seems to not be working.  Sometimes it will load and I can type in (seems to be only working when I'm in sections of the forum and not the main page) it but a lot of the times it doesn't load or won't even let you log in through it.  

Also can't access the RP Zone because of this.  Is anyone else having these issues?
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

C-Box Spaceship Issues Empty Re: C-Box Spaceship Issues

Post by CleverFox101 Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:57 pm

//randomhandshootsupintheair//

CleverFox101
Legend Member
Legend Member

http://cleverfox101.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Whenever I try to log in to the Spaceship it doesnt work, but when it does it doesnt let me post or access the RP Zone :ccc
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:24 pm

Out of curiosity, what browsers are being used?
Since in my case when I check in the mornings I can log in and out easily as well as access the RP zone
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:32 pm

Uncanny-Illustrator wrote:Out of curiosity, what browsers are being used?
Since in my case when I check in the mornings I can log in and out easily as well as access the RP zone

I use Google Chrome.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:37 am

I have managed to establish one thing!
The problem is NOT browser related (Tested in both chrome and firefox since they are the only browsers worth your time)

For  my sake, please take screencaps of when problems arise so I might be able to recreate to situation and see what is going on
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:28 am

I would normally just assume it's an issue with the actual javascript code itself. I mean I put the Spaceship C-Box up there, and I know there's a few cases where you have to update it...

But since I have literally no issues either, I suggest maybe removing your cookies from this site? Or doing other browser related cleanup things. I dunno, it could even be as simple as just logging in and out. 

I'm no expert but maybe you should try it.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Uncanny-Illustrator wrote:I have managed to establish one thing!
The problem is NOT browser related (Tested in both chrome and firefox since they are the only browsers worth your time)

For  my sake, please take screencaps of when problems arise so I might be able to recreate to situation and see what is going on
 I figured it wasn't something browser related.  Not very good at coding and what not but seemed like it was more of the cbox being a butt.  That said, I did get you screencaps this morning that might help you out. c:

C-Box Spaceship Issues 96e690fd568dad7f9ddfae3dd41fd934
Basically when I come on the site in the morning.  Note not logged into any of the cboxes.

C-Box Spaceship Issues 41ad3b3cdfcafb33e85cb42ec7110943
I was able to log into the cbox and read what was going on as well as being able to get into the RP Zone.

C-Box Spaceship Issues 5c7f9adecfaaa5c9d822fe93a0b18582
Everything seems fine here.

C-Box Spaceship Issues B12647bca60a890750e6374dd9970e60
But notcied when I was talking to Boubka that when I typed something that it would get bumped down so that I could read what I wrote until someone else posted something.

C-Box Spaceship Issues 1a04b10f667a9741d63a864dbacd9b17
C-Box Spaceship Issues 282f3cfc34e7da34278799c14bc9db49
This is what I've been able to semi figure out so far.  I'll try to catch more screencaps when more stuff arises.  

Burning-Fox wrote:I would normally just assume it's an issue with the actual javascript code itself. I mean I put the Spaceship C-Box up there, and I know there's a few cases where you have to update it...

But since I have literally no issues either, I suggest maybe removing your cookies from this site? Or doing other browser related cleanup things. I dunno, it could even be as simple as just logging in and out. 

Its not an issue with the cookies.  I actually had to log in yesterday since every once in a while I get kicked off the being log in into the forum and still having that issue regardless of logging in and out.

Do wonder if it just need to be updated, seem like its fixed the problems in the past.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Knuxtiger4 wrote:
Burning-Fox wrote:I would normally just assume it's an issue with the actual javascript code itself. I mean I put the Spaceship C-Box up there, and I know there's a few cases where you have to update it...

Its not an issue with the cookies.  I actually had to log in yesterday since every once in a while I get kicked off the being log in into the forum and still having that issue regardless of logging in and out.

Do wonder if it just need to be updated, seem like its fixed the problems in the past.
Seeing if we still had the most current version was actually the first thing I did. But as it stands we still have the last update if it comes to Cbox. There hasn't been a new version since end May
So I fear the coding and version of the cbox is NOT the issue in this case, might be forumotion itself even
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wer Kaldra Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:24 am

The last problem Knux described looks very similar to problems with the autorefresh i sometimes have on my own forum. It is indeed a forumotion related issue. Best solution to it for as far as i could determine is deleting and readding the chatbox.
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:08 am

Going to push this up since looked like folks tried to RP in the cbox since you can kinda access the RP zone but ran into issues there.  Will say think Cyril might have a clue on what is going on since seems like my screencaps sorta explain the issue being with the auto-refresh.

But yes guess forumotion issue from the sound of it?  Curious what happens when its a forumotion issue?
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:42 am

Deleted and re-added the cbox as suggested. Please keep me informed if problems still arise
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wer Kaldra Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:43 pm

it seems to have fixed it for me.
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Cyril Wer Kaldra
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:52 am

From what I saw it looks like its working! Manage to see Spekkal and a few folks were able to RP in the cbox earlier so can say its fixed now. c:

I'll keep an eye out if anything else weird happens with it but seems like that fixed the issue.  Thank you again admins for helping out with resolving the issue!
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down