Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid plays...[Undecided]

3 posters

Go down

What challenge should I do? [Rules of each challenge in post]

Mid plays...[Undecided] GDMEGbg0%Mid plays...[Undecided] 0lNb1KJ 0% 
[ 0 ]
Mid plays...[Undecided] GDMEGbg43%Mid plays...[Undecided] 0lNb1KJ 43% 
[ 3 ]
Mid plays...[Undecided] GDMEGbg14%Mid plays...[Undecided] 0lNb1KJ 14% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Mid plays...[Undecided] GDMEGbg29%Mid plays...[Undecided] 0lNb1KJ 29% 
[ 2 ]
Mid plays...[Undecided] GDMEGbg14%Mid plays...[Undecided] 0lNb1KJ 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Mid plays...[Undecided] Empty Mid plays...[Undecided]

Post by Midknight Tue May 27, 2014 7:29 pm

So, having recently completed the Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke I am ready to take on a new game! The game, I currently have not decided. I'm trying to decide between two ROM Hacks, Pokemon FireRed Omega or Pokemon Dark Violet.

Pokemon Fire Red Omega;

This game is basically Pokemon Fire Red 'Hard Difficulty'. I believe, all Pokemon up until 3rd Generation (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn). So instead of meeting just Rattata and Pidgey on Route 1, you meet those two plus others like Doduo, Ponyta, Sentret, Hoothoot etc. etc. Every route is filled with several new Pokemon you wouldn't normally meet in regular FR/LG. Also trainer levels are higher, and EVERY Gym Leader has a full team of 6 Pokemon. So like I said, same story, just harder difficulty and every Pokemon.

Lastly, the three starter Pokemon are all different, this time around it is Smoochum, Elekid and Magby. 

Pokemon Dark Violet;

A hacked version of Fire Red and Leaf Green. With updated graphics and music (Similar to the DS) and takes place in the Kanto Region. I don't know much about this hack but all I know is that you have two Rivals, a male and female, similarly to Black and White. I also believe the story is different and there are Johto Pokemon included, but I don't know, I haven't played it, hence why it is one of my options. Also 133 new attacks have been added..So that could be interesting. If I were to play this I would probably do a lot more writing with my updates to inform people on the Story and what is happening.

STORY; "This world is inhabited far and wide by creatures called Pokémon. For some people, Pokémon are pets. Others use them for battling. There are numerous mysteries surrounding them, and they are a popular subject of research. Either way, humans live in harmony with Pokémon, and they have done so for ages.
Meanwhile, three teenagers, two from Pallet Town and one from Viridian City, decide to travel through the Kanto region to collect eight badges of Kanto, and to take on the Pokémon League Challenge. The names of the teens are Red, Green, and Blue, and they each have received a Pokémon from Professor Oak. They have no idea what awaits them, such as an increasingly threatening crime organization known as Team Rocket. The three of them will meet many people on their journey, some helpful, such as Blue’s older sister Daisy. They will also meet Kamon, a younger boy who claims to despise Team Rocket, and is always right on their tail. What are Kamon’s motives? Or more importantly, what are Team Rocket’s motives?"

Also, what I need to decide is WHAT challenge to do, all of them I am willing to do. There will be a Poll at the top and you guys can decide. I'll give details for them all below;

Nuzlocke:
1. If a Pokemon faints it is considered Dead, and will be placed in the PC and remains unusable.
2. You can only catch the FIRST Pokemon you encounter in every route, area or town/city.
3. Pokemon should be nicknamed to create a better bond with the Pokemon, allowing you to get attached. (Pokemon will probably be named after members on this site)
4. If you black out/white out, you lose.

Wedlocke:
1. All of the above 'Nuzlocke' rules apply.
2. Pokemon are 'Paired' together and can only battle in their 'Pairs'. For example, if your starter is a Male Charmander and you head out to Route 1, you have to capture a female Pokemon to be paired with your male Pokemon. So for example you catch a Female Pidgey, your Charmander and Pidgey are now a Pair. If you go into a battle leading with Charmander, the only Pokemon you can switch into is it's partner, the Pidgey. After you have a Pair, your next encounter can be any gender, just as long as the encounter AFTER that is the opposite of that. And so on.
3. You cannot 'Pair' two Pokemon of the same Gender.
4. You cannot capture genderless Pokemon.

Character Imitate:
1. Select a character from the Pokemon world, a Rival, a Gym Leader, a Champion.
2. The only Pokemon you can use are Pokemon that said character have used.
3. Only stick to one canon. For example, if you are being Red, you cannot use Pokemon from his Game-Canon team, then begin using Pokemon from his Manga-Canon team.

Avatar Mode (If so, what nation?) :

Rules here; http://www.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Avatar-Mode-337506937

Monotype:

1. You are only allowed to use one Pokemon-Type throughout your whole playthrough. 
2. Dual type Pokemon are allowed, so just say you were doing a Mono-Water type, you can have a Ludicolo (Water/Grass) and a Swampert (Water/Ground) on the same team.
3. Nuzlocke rules could be applied.

Eleminationlocke:

1. You either start off with either 6 Pokemon or can ONLY catch 6 Pokemon.

2. You are only allowed to use these Pokemon you start with throughout the whole game. no more Pokemon can be captured,
3. If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and can never be used again.
4. You fail if you lose your entire Party you lose all together, no retries.

Scramble:

1. Basically YOU guys choose my Party, and those are the Pokemon I use through out the whole game. 
2. You will get to select the nicknames also
3. This COULD be done in an Eleminationlocke style, being able to only the Pokemon suggested by everyone.

So, there are all of the challenges and their rules. Be sure to put the one you would like to see me take on in the Poll, and be sure to Post below WHAT game I should play! Thanks if you read this far XD
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Mid plays...[Undecided] Empty Re: Mid plays...[Undecided]

Post by Spekkal Tue May 27, 2014 7:39 pm

Elimination with Fire Red Omega. Yes.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sol Tue May 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Elimination on Fire Red Omega. Woot woot.

Sol
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down