Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jewels of the Cursed Isle (51 Chapters)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jewels of the Cursed Isle (51 Chapters) - Page 2 Empty Re: Jewels of the Cursed Isle (51 Chapters)

Post by KK-Afterbrun Thu May 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Chapter 26: Jacky's Advice.
A few hours had passed when the group arrived at the ruins. Jacky appired before them and smiled, "Welcome back." "Ah!" cried Lucy, "A g..g..Ghost!" "It's o.k." said Jewels calmly, "She's a friend." "Now I see why you said you were four, before." said Jacky, looking at Zappy and Rock, "And now you're five." "This is Lucy, whom we met at the forest." introduced Jewels, "And these two are Rock and Zappy, whom we met on the Blackmire." "Hey Jacky." said Hot Rod, "We've found a staff and a gauntlet." "That just leaves the pendent." said Jacky. "Where would they be?" asked Rock. Jacky looked at Rock for a moment then said "I'm guessing that you are talking about those meanies. I don't know where they could be, but my guess is they are hidding in the Cursed Keep." "Cursed Keep?" said Jewels, "I didn't see that marked anywhere on the map you gave me." "That's because it's inside the volcano." said Jacky, "But it's far too dangerous to go there." "What about that dumb robot?" asked Hot Rod. "I don't know." said Jacky, "But I do know that it does not work with the meanies." "It would be funny to see Coconuts working with those moron goons." laughed Jewels to Hot Rod, "That robot would be an improvement to their team." "Coconuts?!" jumped Jacky. "Huh?" asked Lucy, "Does that name sound familier?" "No." said Jacky, somewhat flustered, "It's just...A weird name for a robot. I thought it would have a more dangerous sounding name." Hot Rod just shook his head and said, "It's a small robotic monkey with a lightbulb on it's head. It looks to be cobbled together." "Anyways!" snapped Jewels impationtly, "Where is the pendent located?" "It would be the only other place on the island." said Jacky, "The Bloodstone Mines. It's to the north east, but you'll have to go through Crumble Stone Canyon." "I don't like the sound of that name." said Hot Rod. Zappy tweeted in agreement. "Just becarefull." said Jacky, "Follow the road you took to get to De-Crepto Manor, but when you get to the fork, go straight. Then you'll soon enter the canyon." "Right!" said Jewels. "Hold up." said Hot Rod, "I think it would be better if we take the book with us. Just in case." Jacky hesistated for a moment before going to retreive the book. "Alright." said Rock, "Let's go." The group left Jacky's haunting glow and started to walk up the road where Jewels had already passed. As they passed the fork, Jewels glanced over and saw De-Crepto Manor's peak over the trees. "What do you think happened to our shadower?" asked Hot Rod suddenly. "Hm?" asked Jewels turning to him. "The person that was following us?" reminded Hot Rod. "It could have just been that weirdo Linus." said Jewels, "I dought those morons Mezek and Greif could be that sneeky. And Coconuts likes to anounce it's pressenes too readily." "I'm not too sure." said Hot Rod, rubbing his beak, "I think there is someone else here." "Don't be so paranoid, Hot Rod." laughed Jewels, "And besides, We just need to find that pendent to escape this island once and for all." "Hurry up you two!" called Rock from up ahead. Jewels and Hot Rod suddenly realised that they had fallen behind. They rushed forward to catch up with the others. As they passed one set bushes, a pair of eyes peered out. Linus made sure that they had passed before he emrged. He pulled out a walkie-talkie and spoke into it. "Alright kid." he said, "They are headed your way. Get those relics at all cost! Make sure you meet me at the mines on the far side of the canyon afterwards." "Gotch ya!" came the reply. Linus then pulled out another walkie-talkie and said "Mezek, Greif. Get ready for the trap. Once they are stopped, kill that kid. I don't want any interuption in my plans and I don't want you to fail!" "Right Boss!" chanted Mezek and Greif.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

http://kk-afterbrun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Jewels of the Cursed Isle (51 Chapters) - Page 2 Empty Re: Jewels of the Cursed Isle (51 Chapters)

Post by KK-Afterbrun Thu May 01, 2014 8:30 pm

Chapter 27: Crumbling Walls.
As the path twisted and turned, the group started to notice less and less trees around them. "We must be getting near the canyon." said Jewels, pulling out the map. "I hope we don't encounter Linus and his goons here." mumbled Hot Rod. "Knowing them.." said Jewels, "They will most likely be around here somewhere. Keep in mind that they were at the Blackmire and De-Crepto before us. Who's to say that they have already entered the mines?" "You're saying that with a tone of confidence." retorted Rock, "Is there something you know that we don't?" "I see where she's thinking." said Lucy, "Even if we have three relics, if he gets the fourth he might use it to his advantage." "Excuse me for a sec." said Hot Rod, "Hey Jacky I got a nagging question." Jacky's face appired on the map and said "Yes?" "Was the person who was following us Linus or one of his goon?" asked Hot Rod. "No." said Jacky, "It was not one of those meanies. But this person is still very dangerous. I fear that Linus may have been manipulating him. However I cannot sence where he is at this point." "Where's Linus and his goons now?" asked Lucy. "I cannot sence them on the island," said Jacky worriedly, "But I sence that they are still near." "They must have a boat or something." said Rock. "Anyways." said Jewels, "We should pick up the pace. The sooner we get that relic, the sooner we can get off this island." "Agreed." smiled Hot Rod. The group hurried and soon saw the towering cliff walls of Crumble Stone Canyon before them. "Wow..." said Rock. "Impressive." mumbled Hot Rod. "It's just a pile of rocks." said Lucy flatly. "Small things, for small minds." added Jewels flatly. Zappy shook her head with a tweet. "Keep your eyes peiled." said Rock, "Who knows where they could be hidding." The canyon seemed very still as the group wandered through, each stone, pebble and rock standing guard and waiting to stop tresspassers who dared follow the road less traveled. Small rocks tumbled down the cliff sides and giving an air of danger. Even the star seemed to fear shining down into the canyon as they were hidden by clouds of dark grey. The group stayed silent so they could keep a look out for trouble. "I wounder who that other person is.." mumbled Hot Rod. "I'm more worried about that dumb robot." mumbled Jewels in reply, "That tin can could bring the whole canyon down onto our heads." As they passed a bend, a figure watched them from above. Rock caught a glimpse before the figure ducked away. "Huh?!" he called "Who's that?!" The others looked but didn't see anyone. "I swear that someone's up there." cursed Rock, as the group continued. As the road narrowed, the sound of rocks slidding down the cliff walls could be heard up ahead. As they passed the bend, a five tailed fox stood in there path. "You have finally come." said the fox, with a voice that sounded older then his age would persive. "Who are you?" asked Lucy. "Who I am is not important." said the Fox snidely, "All I demand is that you hand over the relics." "Why should we?!" snorted Hot Rod, folding his arms. "Yeah!" called Rock, "There is five of us and only one of you!" "And after what we went through to get these, we are not just going to hand them over to a no name like you!" snapped Jewels. "Well then..." said the fox, drawing a curved sword, "In that case, I, the Demon Hunter, Max Shadowsong, will take them by force and kill all you demon worshipping minions!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri May 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Chapter 28: Max Attack!
Max suddenly charged forward with a slashing attack. Hot Rod darted to the side as Rock jumped over the fox. Lucy took to the air as Jewels grabbed on to avoid the attack. Suddenly Max turned around and pulled a gun out and aimed at Jewels. Rock quickly unwound the chain on his arm and whipped it towards Max. To Max's surprise, his gun flew out of his hands by the chain just as Hot Rod hit him with a charging body check. Max once more attacked with his sword as Rock whipped the chain around it. Max suddenly pulled hard and started to swing Rock over his head. "WWWWWOOOOAAAAAHHHHH!" cried Rock as he was swinging from his own chain. Zappy quickly swooped in and let out a shriek. Max suddenly felt a massive shock as Zappy electrified the chain. Max let go of his sword and Rock crashed into the wall. Max was stunned for a moment as Lucy drop kicked him in the head. As Max got back to his feet, Jewels started to spin like a top towards him. Max dodge her attack and managed to grab her by the tail stopping the attack. "ACK!" screamed Jewels, who suddenly turned and clobbered Max in the face with a heel kick. Max stumbled back as Lucy, Hot Rod, and Rock & Zappy gathered around Jewels. Max staggered back to his feet and cursed "Impressive...But you will still lose." Suddenly Max tossed a fireball at the group. The others jumped to the side, but Jewels suddenly did a blackflip over the flame as it rushed passed. She suddenly darted forward, hit him with multiple punches to the body and kicked Max in the chin. Then hopped onto her tail and delivered a double boot to his face, sending Max hard into the wall. "No One!" snarled Jewels in fury, "No One Ever Touches My Tail!" Max Staggered off the wall and spotted his sword nearby. Max quickly garbed it and rushed off without another word. For a moment everyone stayed quite as Jewels seem to still be venting. After a moment, She pulled out her brush and started brushing her tail vigourously. "I'm guessing she very protective of her tail." mumbled Rock. Jewels suddenly glanced back and said harshly "Do we still have the relics?" "Yes we do." said Lucy. "Then lets hurry to the last one." said Jewels with some urgancy in her voice. The group once again set off deeper into the canyon. "Jewels?" asked Lucy, "Is there something you need to talk about?" Jewels looked at Lucy and said "No." "I've been asking the others and it seems that something isn't right." said Lucy, "You seem lost in thought most of the time and seem to go in and out of a trance for no reason whatsoever." "So?" asked Jewels. "Also you seem to be shaken up ever time you lose your temper." continued Lucy, "If there is something up, Please tell me." "There is nothing wrong." said Jewels snidely. "I think there is." said Lucy, "Hot Rod told me about the bracelet and I think it might have something to do with it." "I'd rather not talk about it." said Jewels, trying to end the conversation. "I know what it's like to lose one that's close to you." said Lucy looking away. "What's that have to do with.." started Jewels. "Look Out!" suddenly called Hot Rod. Suddenly a pair of massive landslide came down each side of the canyon. Hot Rod Grabbed everyone and rushed back as the stones crashed into the canyon floor. At the top of the each wall, Mezek and Greif gloated to each other. "If that didn't finish them, then they'll be stuck." laughed Mezek. "And if that kid did good, the boss will get his relic and get his wish." "Mezek. Greif. Come in!" came Linus's voice over the walkie talkie, "The kid did not get the relics! I repeat Did Not Get The Relics. Do not drop the rocks!" Greif and Mezek looked at each other for a moment before Mezek said "Do you want to tell him."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri May 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Chapter 29: Major Detour.
"Phew!" muttered Hot Rod as he and the others looked over the pile of rocks that now blocked the path, "That was cutting it close." "Is Everyone alright?" asked Jewels. "Yeah." said Rock, "But now the road's blocked." "What are we going to do?" asked Lucy worriedly, "We need that pendent to get out of here." "Going over it would be a big problem." said Jewels looking at the daunting wall of rubble before them. "Ask Jacky if there is another way." said Hot Rod. Jewels pulled out the map and said "Jacky, we've been blocked off!" Jacky's face appired once more and said "I senced the rock fall. Is everyone all right?" "Yeah." said Rock flatly, "Thanks to flat foot here." "Hey!" snapped Hot Rod. "Jacky." said Jewels, "Is there another way to the mines?" "The only other way is by boat." said Jacky, "But there is no working boat anywhere on this island." "It would seem that we'd have to make a raft." said Lucy with dismay, "But then Linus would have all the time in the world to get the pendent before us." Hot Rod started rubbing his beak, trying to think of something. "Wait a moment." said Rock, "What about that the boat the robot used with a balloon to attack us before we got to the forest!" "That thing could be anywhere!" snapped Hot Rod, "And who knows what shape it's in!" "It could be worth a shot." said Jewels, "Do you know where the boat is, Jacky?" "...I think I saw something that whooshed by here." replied Jacky, "It headed towards De-Crepto Manor." "Good!" smiled Jewels, "We'll check it out and well see what else they seem to have in store when we get that pendent." "Well good luck." smiled Jacky as her face faded away. "Hump!" sighed Hot Rod, "Not much else to do really." "Yeah." replied Jewels, "Lets go." The group made their way back out of the canyon, All the while, Max watched them from the walls. "They've turned back." he muttered, "They seem to abandoning their quest...Do they truly need all four relic to perform a ritual?" An hour passed before the group made it to the fork to De-Crepto Manor. "WOAH!" jumped Lucy, "Look at those trees." The rest turned to see about a dozen trees knock onto their sides. Quickly the group rush over there and found Coconuts's flying boat. A large Gash ran down the side and the motor was busted badly. "Great!" snorted Hot Rod, "Now What?!" Jewels looked it over and said "I have something. Hot Rod. You and Rock go to De-Crepto and find some tools and wood that we can use as oars and fix the boat up." "You want me to go back there?!" said Hot Rod. "Just go!" snapped Jewels. "Come on." said Rock, grabbing Hot Rod. "Alright already!" cursed Ho Rod and the two rushed off to the manor. "Ummm..." started Lucy, "What do you want me to do?" "Help me with the balloon." said Jewels, "We might need to use it at some point." "O.k" said Lucy. "By the way.." said Jewels, "Why do you think that weird fox called us Demon Worshipers?" "I think that's Linus's doing." said Lucy, "But his name...I think I've heard it before." "Huh?" said Jewels with curiousity, "Where?" "I don't recall..." said Lucy, "But he seemed to fight similerly to a fighter that was in a tournament earlyer this year. Even the name...Max..." "What was that fighter's name?" asked Jewels. "I think he was called Maxus or something." replied Lucy. "Maxus?" said Jewels thinking about, "I recall my best friend mentioning about someone named that a few months ago. But it seem to come up from out of the blue. But she had met him about three years ago..."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun May 04, 2014 3:48 pm

Chapter 30: Going To Sea.
"We're Back!" called Rock as was carring A large toolbox. Hot Rod came up from behind, lugging floor boards, broom handles, a drop cloth, and some rusted nails. "Ugh!" he cursed and he heaved the load to the boat, "Why am I lugging the wood..." "Let's just get this done." said Jewels, "Hot Rod, Maybe you can fiddle with the motor with whatever tools we don't need. Rock, work on a mount and patching up the holes. Lucy and I will use some of the wood and make a mast." "Right!" the other called. An hour passed as the group rebuilt the boat. "There!" said Jewels, "Now for the real test." "Hold on!" said Lucy, "What about the balloon." "It will be like the motor." said Jewels, "It's for emergency use only." "I see where you're going." said Hot Rod. "Now come on." said Jewels, "Let's see if this floats." The group hauled the boat to the water's edge and set it onto the water. "Hurra!" cheered Rock, "It floats!" "Let's not waste any more time!" said Hot Rod jumping in, "Let's Go!" The others piled into he boat. Hot Rod and Rock pushed off the shore with the makeshift oars. As they got further away, the wind seem to pick up. "Now Lucy!" smiled Jewels. Lucy pulled up the drop cloth like a sail. The boat drifted forward as Jewels streared it. "Bewere of the corals." echoed Jacky's voice across the wind. They sailed through the dark waters, keeping an eye on the shore and avoiding the reefs that dotted their path. However, they did not go without notice. High on the cliffs of Crumble Stone Canyon, Greif watched the small boat manover in the water. "Hey Mezek." he called, "Look at this!" Mezek came up with a pair of binoculars and look through them. "Wow, Greif" he said, "That boat is far!" Greif put one hand on his face and used the other one to turn the binoculars around. "Wrong end dummy!" snorted Greif. "Well hey!" said Mezek, "It's those guys..They have our power boat! But It looks different." "We'd better tell the boss." said Greif. "Tell me what?" came a snort. "Boss!" jumped Mezek and Greif as they turned to see Linus. "Well?" he snorted, "Out with it!" "The group who's been grabbin the relics have our boat!" said Mezek. "I see..." said Linus, "They must have avoided the landslide you two triggered." "Well that's a good thing sir." said Greif, "That mean the relics weren't damaged." "Yeah, but we still need to get them." said Linus with anger. "What do you want us to do, sir?" asked Greif. "Yeah." replied Mezek, "Do you want us to smash them when the get to the mines? Or do you want us to get rid of that fox kid?" An evil glint came across Linus's eyes. "I think we should pay them a vist before they get to the mines." he said sinisterly, "Follow me, boys!" Back on the boat, Hot Rod was leaning over the side, the rocking of the boat wasn't agreeing with his empty stomach. Jewels and Lucy weren't doing much better, but Rock and Zappy didn't feel sick. "If this breeze keeps up will make it to shore soon." he called as he steered the boat. Suddenly Zappy started to chirp wildly. "Huh?!" jumped Rock as he listen to the wind. Then Hot Rod turned and said "Did you hear something?" "I hear woap woap..." said Lucy. "cough...What the heck makes a sound like that?" demanded Hot Rod. "A Helecopter!" said Jewels with worry.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun May 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Chapter 31: Get To The Chopper!
Sure enough, a black helecopter hovered towards them. "Then.." said Hot Rod, trying to hold his excitment, "We're save?!" As it flew closer, the side door opened partly to reviel Linus standing there. "Crap..." mumbled Jewels. "Well, well, well." called Linus, "What do we have here? You little pests are hardy to avoid my trap." "I thought it would be you!" cursed Rock. "I'm sorry.." sneered Linus, "I can't quiet hear you. Like it matters now anyways." "We're not giving you the relic!" called Lucy loudly. "I thought that might be the case." called Linus, "But if I can't have them, then no one will ever have them!" The door opened wide to reviel Mezek, standing behind a machinegun. "Gulp!" Jewels, Hot Rod, Rock, and Lucy collectivly choked. Mezek opened fire, but his aim was off and he shot to the left of the boat. Both Rock and Hot Rod wasted no time in getting the oars into the water and started to paddle hard. Mezek's next burst landed behind the boat as it move through the water. "GRRR!" snarled Linus, knocking Mezek aside, "Give Me That!" The heleicopter gave chase as Hot Rod and Rock paddled as fast as they could. Linus fired another brust of lead, tracing a line towards the boat. A sudden crunching sound was heard and the boat stopped moving. "We've hit a reef!" cried Lucy. "Mwahahaha!" cackled Linus as he brought his gun to bear, "Say your prays!" "Quick, Lucy!" said Jewels, "The staff!" Lucy quickly grabbed the staff and tried to consintrate. Linus let off another burst and Jewels and the others cringed. But nothing happened. Jewels opened her eye and saw a wall of thick coral had domed over them like a shield. The sound of bullets bounced off the coral walls that surrounded them. "I've got and idea." smiled Rock, grabbing a large chunk coral with gauntlet. Once the sound of bulltes had stopped, the coral shield dropped. "You only delayed the facts!" cursed Linus as he squeeze the trigger. Rock tossed the coral hard at him. Linus's aim was knocked upwards as the bullets flew. The heleicopter suddenly lurched as bullets hit the motor and Greif, who had been in control, started called out "We've got to land!" "No!" cursed Linus, "Not while we're this close!" However, Greif turned as the heleicopter lost altitude and Jewels and the other watched it as it crashed on the shoreline opposite of the reef. "Phew!" said Hot Rod, "That was close." "You said it." said Rock pointing to a hole, "But now we're stuck and if we even get off this reef, we'd never make it to shore with this hole." "Leave that to me." said Jewels, "And Zappy of course." Jewels pulled out the balloon and the boat motor. Zappy started sparking and the motor came to life. Air rushed into the balloon as Hot Rod said "That's why you asked me to tinker with the engine. That gives me an idea." The boat made a scrapping noise as it slowly lifted off the reef. Hot Rod pulled out the book and mumble "I hope this works." The wind, which had been going east, suddenly turned north, north east. "Haha!" chanted Hot Rod as the boat slowly made it over the reefs. Soon they could see the a large mountain and a clearing ahead. "Alright!" called Jewels, "We are going to try and land this thing!" "TRY?!" jumped Rock and Hot Rod.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon May 05, 2014 2:06 pm

Chapter 32: Mine-Ing Your Own Buissness.
Jewels slowly let the air escape the balloon, stopping every few moments to ease the the machine down. The boat came to a soft landing at the base of the mountain. "Phew!" said Jewels, "Didn't think it would have landed that smoothly." Hot Rod jumped out of the boat and started to kiss the ground. "I take it you'd rather be on land then sea?" said Rock snidely. "Darn right!" replied Hot Rod. "Anyways." said Jewels, "Let go and find those mines!" "Hold on!" came Jacky's voice. Jewels opened the map as the others gathered around. "The mines have many enterences." said Jacky, "Most lead to dead ends and death traps." "Oh great!" snorted Hot Rod. "I'm guessing you know what the right way is?" said Lucy. "I believe so." said Jacky, "I would think it would look like my family coat of arms." "And what would that look like?" asked Jewels. "It's like the one on the key that I gave you." replied Jacky. A bead of sweat rolled down Jewels's face as she said "Ummm...I lost the key...He he." "I should have suspected as much." replied Jacky with sorrow, "I should have told you before. But I digrees, Look for a skull with a white rose. That should be the right enterence." "Thanks for the info, Jacky." said Rock. Then he turned to Zappy and said "You heard what she said. Can you find it, Zappy?" Zappy chirped like a trumpet and raced off. Jewels closed the map before rushing off after Zappy with the others. Max watched them from a distance, he was unsure why they still persisted. "They seem more determind then ever..." he muttered, "But I still need to get those relics off them. Yet..I can sence that relic have dark powers...Far greater then the others...I must follow them...I must understand why.." As the group made their way around the mountainous paths, following Zappy, Jewels stopped a moment with a lightheaded feeling. "Jewels?" called Lucy, "You o.k?" "Just lightheaded that's all." replied Jewels. "Over Here!" echoed Hot Rod's call. Lucy helped Jewels and they found the enterence with the white rose and skull. A few feet inside was a pull for an elevator. Hot Rod took out the flashlight he had and looked down the shaft. Suddenly the ground cracked and he fell down as the others tried to grab him. "Hot Rod!!!" called Jewels as she looked down into the dark pit below. Not a sound was heard. Lucy and Rock looked at each other as Jewels called again. Zappy suddenly raced downwards into the darkness and for a moment nothing. "Oww..." came a groun from below. "Hot Rod!" called Jewels. "I'm..O.k..." replied Hot Rod, "I..Landed..On a...Pile of..Sand.." "Is there anyway for you to get back up here?" called Lucy. "Yeah." echoed Hot Rod's voice, "There's an elevator. And the machine for it is down here..Give me a sec...I'll send it up." There was a low hum as Jewels backed away from the hole, the pully started to squeal. A small lift came up that was big enough for ten people. The trio got on and decended down to Hot Rod's floor. The cavernous gallery that awaited them gave a dime red hue. "You o.k. Hot Rod?" asked Jewels. "Yeah.." hey replied. Lucy looked at the pile of sand the Hot Rod mentioned and said "This isn't sand...This is crushed Bloodstones!" "Huh?" jumped Hot Rod, "Felt like sand to me." "Anyways," said Jewels, "Lets find that black bloodstone pendent." "Kikiki!" came a robotic voice, "I needed to know that. Now I'm going to have fun with you before I get that pendent." The group turned to see Coconuts atop a large drilling machine.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon May 05, 2014 2:10 pm

Chapter 33: Monkey Moler.
"Not you again.." said Rock flatly. "I'm like that stain on your shirt." said Coconuts, "No matter how hard you clean, I stick around." "Out of the way, tin can!" called Hot Rod, "We've got better things to do!" "Not a chance!" cursed Coconuts before the robot started up the drilling machine. The machine charged forward as Jewels and the other avoided it. "We've go to stop this thing!" said Lucy as the machine dug into the wall, "Before it brings the whole mountain down on to us." "Yes but how?" called Jewels as the machine came out of the ground. Hot Rod suddenly jumped to the side and spotted something that could help. "Rock!" he called, "Cover me!" Rock grabbed a large stone and tossed it at Coconuts. The stone bounced off the robots head and Coconuts turned and cursed "You'll regret that!" Hot Rod seem to disapire and Lucy looked for him as Coconuts started to toss coconut bombs wildly around the room. "Where did Hot Rod go?" she asked, before she had to avoid a another charge from Coconuts's drilling machine. She soon got her answer when she spotted him on a minecart track above the fight. Hot Rod struggled to push the heavy minecart up the track's incline. Coconuts wild bomb tossing started to cause some of the tracks to fall and Lucy made a run for Hot Rod. "Lucy?!" called Jewels seeing her run into danger. Lucy took to the air and landed beside Hot Rod. "Need a hand?" she asked as she started to help him push the minecart. "Thank!.." grunted Hot Rod. Zappy was flying above the fight, just trying to avoid getting hurt when she saw Rock get hit with a coconut bomb. Coconuts, turned the machine and charged at him. Quickly, Zappy flew down and zapped the machine, bringing the machine to a grinding halt. "Kiki?!" cried Coconuts, as he tried to get the machine working once more, "This can't be happening!?!" Suddenly the robot heard a cracking sound and looked up. The rails that were just above the machine started to give way as the minecart pushed hard to go back down. Hot Rod suddenly fell through the rails, bringing Lucy with him as the minecart raced off back down the tracks. However, one of the support post swong down and knocked Coconuts out of the machine into the mine cart as it raced by. "Kiiiiiiiiiii!!!..." screached the robot as it clung on to the minecart down one of the many tunnels. "Phew!" said Jewels, "Is everyone alright?" "Could be better..." replied Hot Rod getting up after the fall. "Not bad." replied Lucy. "What about you Rock?" asked Jewels. But Rock didn't answer. Jewels turned to see Rock had been knocked out from Coconuts's attack. Zappy was pecking at Rock, trying to revive him but to no aveil. "Rock!" called Jewels as she rushed over to him. Hot Rod and Lucy rushed over as well. Lucy looked over Rock and said "I think he may have hit his head pretty hard." Jewels looked about and spotted something on the wall above a cave. "Oh no.." she muttered. Hot Rod looked at her and then looked at what she saw. "It's that symble again..." he said. He quickly rushed behind her just as she fell back into her trance-like state. When Jewels opened her eyes once more to both Hot Rod and Lucy's horror, Her eyes were black as the darkness before them. "Only he who walks both Darkness and Light can claim the prize." she said. "That what I would say too." came a voice from the cave. Hot Rod and Lucy looked up to see Max emerging from the cave, The pendent in his hand.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Thu May 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Chapter 34: Max Returns.
"The pendent!" cursed Hot Rod. "You cultists will not win." snarled Max, "Now I suggest that you hand over the other relics before anything bad happens." "Why are you calling us cultists?" asked Lucy. "Why do you gather these demonic relic?" replied Max snidely. "These things are what is keeping us on this island!" called Hot Rod harshly, "By bringing them together.." "Liers!" called Max, "Do not think of me as gulible!" "You must be if you believe that mad man, Linus!" cursed Hot Rod, as he charged towards Max at top speed. Max summersaulted over him, knocked him to the ground, and grabbed Lucy. Hot Rod got back up and saw Max putting his sword across Lucy's neck and snarled "Either you hand over the relics or she's dead." Hot Rod didn't move, he knew if he didn't, Max might drop his guard. Max pressed his sword tightly across Lucy's neck. Lucy started to cring as sweat rolled down Hot Rod's face. Suddenly, Zappy flew into Max's face and started pecking at his eyes. "Ah!" cried Max as he tried to swat the flicky away. Lucy dove away as Hot Rod hit Max with a baseball slide. At this point Rock was starting to come to when he notice the fight going on. Max manage to grab both the book and the staff from Lucy and Hot Rod and made a run for the elevator. Hot Rod cut him off and tried to get the book back from him. "Get off!" snorted Max as he tossed a fireball at Hot Rod. Just as Hot Rod staggered back, Rock came up from behind and punched Max's head into the ground. "Not so fast, Fox Boy!" snorted Rock, "You're just in time for the party!" Max swong his sword towards Rock, but Rock grabbed the sword with the gauntlet and twisted it out of his hands. "Now you're in a world of hurt!" said Rock with a hateful glee. Max jumped back to avoid Rock's attacks and hopped into a minecart. "Later!" he called as he rolled down on of the many paths. "You two go after him!" said Lucy, "I'll stay and keep an eye on Jewels." "Right!" called Rock as Hot Rod pushed up a minecart forward. The boys jumped in and followed the path Max took. Quiet rapidly they started to catch up with Max. Max quickly turned to see them coming. Max pulled out his gun and started firing at them. Hot Rod and Rock ducked the incoming fire as they slowly got closer to Max's minecart. Suddenly Max fired at a switch and Hot Rod and Rock took a different track then Max. "Later Losers! called Max as he disapired from their sights. "Blast it all!" curesd Hot Rod, pounding the minecart. Meanwhile, Jewels started coming out of her trance. "Ugh..." she mumbled. "Jewels." said Lucy, "That fox grabbed the staff and the book!" "What?!" she said weakly. "Hot Rod and Rock are after him.." said Lucy when the sound of a minecart crashed down from above. They turned to see Max race to the elevator and before they could move, the elevator started to go up. "Ha ha!" called Max triumphantly, "Your dark plans will not succeed! And you four will have lots trouble reviving your master trapped down here!" Hot Rod and Rock suddenly crashed through another path and almost hit Max off the elevator. "No!" called Jewels, "He's getting away!" After a few moments, there was a banging sound and then the elevator crashed hard into the ground. However Max was not on it.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Thu May 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Chapter 35: Too Late!
Max watched as the elevator fell into the darkness below. "You did well kid." came Linus's voice. Max turned to see Linus, Mezek and Greif standing behind him. "I recovered the Pendent as well as the Book and Staff." said Max. "We'll take them for safe keeping." said Linus, "And you did a good job trapping those cultist down there. But you didn't get the gauntlet." "I wasn't able to get it while the rabbit was incapasitated." said Max, handing over the relics, "But they will not be getting out of there anytime soon." "Yes." laughed Linus lightly, "And I've decided to give you something for your help." Linus snapped his finger and Mezek suddenly punched Max hard in the gut. "No offence, kid..." started Linus, "But you've out lived your usefullness." Greif suddenly drop kicked Max in the head. Max stumbled back to the edge of the elevator shaft as Linus drew his sword. "Soon I will become immortal using these Black Relics." he said sinisterly, "You'll just get in my way. Thems the breaks kid. So long!" Linus slashed Max across the chest and Max tumbled down the elevator shaft. Jewels, Lucy, Hot Rod, and Rock saw Max suddenly fall hard into the ground. The group gathered around Max unconscious body as Jewels checked for a pulse. "He's still alive..." she said as she looked over the gash across his chest. "Really?" said Hot Rod, looking up the elevator shaft, "He survived that drop?" "What should we do with him?" asked Jewels. "I say leave 'em here!" snorted Hot Rod. "I'll second that." said Rock with a snort. "I think we should try and help him." said Lucy. "Are you nuts?!" cursed Hot Rod, "He tried to kill us and now because of him, That gook Linus has three of the relics!" "Hello?" came Linus's voice with a crackling sound. Jewels spotted the walkie talkie and cursed "What do you want Linus?!" "Ah, I thought that it still might work.." he laughed with some static coming in, "Bring me the relic you have and you can go free." "Right!" snorted Rock, "We just saw what you did to that kid!" "Yeah!" snorted Hot Rod, "You aren't going to let us go, you'll try and kill us!" "I am a bird of my word.." said Linus with a hallowed sincereity, "And it's not just you four I'm talking about." "What do you mean!?" asked Lucy. "I think your friends want to talk to you." said Linus, it sounded like he was moving his walkie talkie away from his mouth. "Jewels?!" came Jacky's voice. "Jacky?!" jumped Jewels, who's face turned white. "Don't do it!" screamed Jacky, "It's a tr..." "Don't worry about your ghostly friend." interupted Linus, "Thanks to the pendent I am able to interact with the departed. If you wish to save yourselves and your ghostly friend, Bring the gauntlet to the Dark Fortress. Your friends can help you get through the volcanic caves to the fortress, but you must enter it alone, Jewels." "And what if I refuse?" snapped Jewels. "Then your friend here remember what pain and suffering feels like." laughed Linus sinisterly, "But it is up to you...Until till then!" The walkie talkie cut out and Jewels looked at the others and said "I don't think we have much of a choise...We've got to save Jacky." "We can't let him win!" called Hot Rod, "And besides, Jacky is a ghost." "We're going to be killed anyway." said Jewels, "I saw something when I blacked out...Something that I cannot discribe...Only Jacky can help us fight it off...But it's only a matter of time before Linus gets the gauntlet anyway."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri May 09, 2014 11:55 am

Chapter 36: Exiting The Mines.
"Keep in mind that we are still stuck in here." said Rock. "Why not use that drilling machine that the robot attacked us with?" suggested Lucy. "That's an idea." smiled Jewels. "Ugh..." mumbled Max. He staggered back to his feet, almost completely oblivios to the others around him. He walked a step before clutching his chest in pain and falling to his knees. "Don't move!" said Lucy, pushing pass Hot Rod, "Your hurt badly." "Why.." muttered Max, "..Why are you helping me?" "You've been lied to. That thug Linus double crossed you." said Lucy, "All we are trying to do is go home and those relics keep us here. Linus just wants them for power and will kill all of us." "Why...Should I help you?" muttered Max. "Leave him here!" snorted Hot Rod, "All he'll do is slow us down!" Suddenly, Jewels slapped Hot rod hard and shouted "We Are Not Going To Leave Him!" Jewels clutched her head for a moment before calming down. "It's the bracelet that causes your madness..." said Max getting back up, "I sence a dark hand binding it to you." "What?" said Jewels. "I can sence dark and demonic things..." said Max, "I must admit that I did not trust Linus at first. When he spoke of a cult that was after these dark relics, I did not know what he spoke of. It was when You passed by that I senced the dark power from that bracelet." "Passed by?" demanded Jewels, "When?" "When you first headed to the Manor house." said Max. "So you're the one who was following me!" cursed Jewels. "And the one who chased us to the wearked ship!" added Hot Rod. "Indeed." said Max, "But I must insist, we have to stop Linus." "You are in no condition to fight!" snorted Hot Rod, "And besides.." The sudden roar of the drilling machine interupted his speech. Rock turned the machine and called out "Jacky isn't going to get free without our help you know! So get on here if you want out!" Zappy chirped happily. Jewels, Lucy, and Hot Rod clambured into the machine as Rock drove it forward. Max took a moment to grab his stuff before getting on. The machine grinded hard into the walls of the mine. It chewed up the walls on it's way to the surface. "We're almost there!" called Rock, who's voice was muffled by the rocks and dirt that flew passed. A stone plugged his mouth for a moment before he spat it out. The machine burst out of the ground and came to a stop. Jewels poked her head out of the machine and spied the boat in the distance. "Oh no!" she said with sadness, "They smashed to boat!" "Relax." said Rock, "With this thing, we can plow through Crumble Stone Canyon." Rock turned the machine towards the canyon and move it forward. As they left the mine enterence, a minecart shot out of the top cave. "KIKIKIKI!" cried Coconuts as it crashed into the ground at the base of the mountain. The robot got up and dusted itself off. "So where are those kids heading now? Hmm...I'm detecting that they only have one relic now...And the others are..Aha!" it cursed, "Now what can I use...I see that they used that boat...And I have this minecart..." Then something on the clifftop caught the robot's eyes. "Kikiki!" laughed Coconuts darkly, "I will have my revenge!" Then Coconuts rushed off towards the cliff face.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri May 09, 2014 11:59 am

Chapter 37: Volcanic Fustrations.
The drilling machine burst through the canyon at high speed as Rock drove hard. Hot Rod stared at Max with a hateful glance and Max said "You are not very trusting.." "We would have been going home by now if it wasn't for you!" snorted Hot Rod. "How's your wound?" interupted Lucy. "It will be fine." said Max, "I wounder how my father would think of me being fooled like that..." "May I ask who he is?" said Jewels suddenly. "May I ask why?" said Max, raising an eyebrow. "It's a shot in the dark," said Jewels, "But a friend of mine told me of two warriors she met that have the same fighting style as you." Before Max could reply, the sound of crumbling rock had suddenly given way to crashing of wood. "We're taking a short cut!" called Rock, "If the Dark Fortress is in that volcano the it's best to head straight there!" "Ahem." said Max, "My father is a demon hunter, as is my uncle. Both there villages were distroied by demons..." "Just get to the point!" snapped Hot Rod impationly, "Jewels asked what's your father's name!" Max pointed his gun at Hot Rod for a moment then put it aside. "Such a rush." snorted Max, "His name is Zexal." "Zexal!" jumped Jewels, "Well that would mean you're a..." "You've met my father before?" asked Max. "No my friend did." said Jewels, "But you are a Demon, right?" "What?!" jumped Hot Rod. "That would explain it..." said Lucy, "That wound of yours hasn't gotten infected and seems to be healing quiet rapidly." "That's the stupidist thing I've ever heard!" laughed Hot Rod, "A demon who hunts other demons! What a lark!" "You believe what you will." said Max, "But you must understand that truth is more often times far stranger then fiction." The drilling machine coughed and suddenly slowed to a stop. "This is all it's got!" called Rock, hopping down, "The tank is empty. We have to walked the rest of the way." Meanwhile, inside the Dark Fortress. "Are they on their way?" demaned Linus. "Yeah boss!" replied Greif, "And it seems that kid survived the fall." "Really..." muttered Linus. "Their special greeting is ready boss!" called Mezek. "Good!" laughed Linus. "Sir." said Greif, "What about that robot that seems to wander the island?" "What about it?" asked Linus. "Do you think we should do something about it?" asked Greif, "It could very well spoil your plans by taking the relic and knocking it to a place we could never hope to reach." "Your concerns are well founded, Greif..." started Linus, "But I'm sure those brats will have no problem with it. Please leave me for a moment." "Yes boss." said Greif. As Greif left, Linus turned to a large jar behind his seat. "And how are you fairing?" he asked with a sinister undertone. "You'll regret this!" cursed Jacky as she pounded on the glass. "Hehehe...I think not!" laughed Linus, "Soon your friends will fall into my trap and I will claim that last relic and become immortal." "You sad lunatic." spat Jacky. "Sad lunatic?" smiled Linus, flashing the weird key Jewels had used to fool Mezek and Greif with, "I have been called many things before, but that is new. But you will see the error of trying to stop me from reaching my goals. It was thanks to your friend that I figured out the correct path in the mine." "So you have the key..." said Jacky with a distant tone. "Yes I do." said Linus, getting out of his seat with a dark grin, "I hope you enjoy your stay. I have some things to prepair." Linus gave an evil laugh as he left the room. Jacky gave a wicked grin and cursed "You maybe laughing now, but it will be I who will get the last laugh! You don't know the truth and when you do, it will be bitter sweet!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun May 11, 2014 1:44 am

Chapter 38: Magma Meltdown.
Jewels and her compainions walked towards the volcano as it loomed high above them. The smell of sulfer clogged the air around them, warning them to turn back. As the reached the base, they looked for a path inside. An hour passed before Hot Rod said with a frown "There is no way in...But to climb up and go in from the top..." "Hm..." muttered Max, "How strange...I would have guessed there would be an enterence down here as well..." "This doesn't make any sence..." said Jewels. "With those two nitwits," started Rock, "There should be a spot that was bashed in." "You guys forget that they had a helecopter." reminded Lucy, "Who's to say they didn't have more then one." "But that's besides the point." said Rock, "How can we get..." "Wait a sec..." interupted Jewels, "Where's Zappy gone off to?" "Not again.." cursed Hot Rod. "Zappy!" called Rock. Hot Rod suddenly heard a chirpping noise in a bush behind him and turned to check. There, he saw Zappy had caught one of her legs in a tangle of branchs. "She's over here." he said as he jiggled her leg free. Zappy chripped happily as Hot Rod started to move away. "Huh?!" he said as he pushed back the bush. The other looked over his shoulders and saw what looked to be the symble from before. Hot Rod turned to Jewels, but this time she did not pass out. "You're not lightheaded or anything, Jewels?" he asked with concern. Jewels shook her head and put her hand on the symble. "Um..What may I ask is going on?" asked Max. "Um..Rock?" said Jewels as she backed up, "Could you punch that symble, please?" "Wha?..." started Rock, "Umm...O.k.? I guess.." Rock walked up to the symble and was wineding up to punch when Jewels called out "I mean with the gauntlet." "Right..." said Rock, unsure what was about to happen. Rock punched the wall hard and nothing happened. "Um.." said Rock, "That didn't hurt, but nothing happened." Hot Rod walked over to it and said "Looks like you're weaker then you thought." as he leaned against it, a section of the wall around it fell inward taking Hot Rod with it. The heat of the volcano raced to the colder air outside the newly open path. "You were saying?" said Rock smugly. Hot Rod could only grumble under his breath in spite. "Well it seems that you 'Knocked' in the right place." said Lucy, "Let's go and put a stop to Linus!" As the group entered the volcano, they could see the wall pulse with heat. "This heat is killing me.." complained Hot Rod. "You and me both.." panted Rock. They soon came across a gap with a narrow bridge crossing a magma flow. "It's like one of those adventure movies" said Rock, sweating like crazy. "We have to move." said Jewels with dismay. Lucy crossed the bridge first, followed by Rock and Zappy, then Hot Rod. Just as Jewels was crossing, the bridge started to give way. Max darted forward and tackled Jewels over to the other side as the bridge fell into the magma. "That was close." stammered Max, wiping the sweat from his face. They continued forward till they entered a large cave. "I don't like the looks of this.." said Max. "About time you guys showed up!" came a robotic laugh. "Oh would you look at the time." said Hot Rod, looking at his arm as if he had a watch, "It's time to spank a robot monkey around." "Fat chance, bird brain!" called Coconuts as the robot dropped down within a large mech, "This time I'll be doing the spanking and it will be on your hide!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun May 11, 2014 1:47 am

Chapter 39: Dumbot Dance.
"Is that..." stammered Jewels. "That's right!" laughed Coconuts, "This little number is made up from that boat, the minecart you guys sent me off in, and this helecopter I found. I also used some part I found inside the mine to get this working." "I'll give you this much..." said Rock flatly, "You work pretty dang fast." "But you're still too dumb to beat us!" called Hot Rod. "Grrr!" snarled Coconuts, "And I work so hard on this! And now I'll have to scrape you guy off it's feet when I'm done with you! I have to keep it in show piece condition when I bring this and those relics to Dr. Robotnik!" "I do believe that you insult Eggman's good name..." said Max coldly, "If he ever had one that is.." Coconuts tossed a coconut bomb at Max's face in a rage. Max suddenly sliced it just as it came into range. Coconuts's mech lurched forward as the group scattered. Rock and Hot Rod jumped onto one of the mech's legs and as Hot Rod climbed, Rock started to pound it. However Coconuts jiggled the controls a bit and knocked both of them off. "Nice try!" cursed the robot, as the mech turned to crush them. Zappy flew towards Coconuts and started to harass the robot. "Get off of me!" cursed the robot as Jewels called to Lucy "Over here." Lucy took to the air as Jewels grabbed on. Lucy flew Jewels just above Coconuts, however, the robot spotted them and tossed a coconut bomb at them. Jewels knocked it back at Coconuts with her tail, but the robot pulled out a toilet brush and batted it back at them. Jewels knocked it back and this time, as it got close to Coconuts, Max tossed a fireball at it. The bomb exploded, knocking Coconuts out of it mech to the ground below. "No Fair!" it cursed as it got up. Both Rock and Hot Rod loomed over the robot monkey and were quickly joined by Jewels, Lucy, Max, and Zappy. "Ummm....." stammered Coconuts, "Uh...Hey...There..." "How many piece do you think we should make it?" asked Hot Rod sinisterly. "I say why waste time." snorted Rock, Grabbing coconuts by the tail, "Let's watch it melt in the lava." "Please!" paniced Coconuts, "No, please no! Don't do this to me!" "Do you think it would make a good piñata, Lucy?" asked Jewels. "Stop this!" cried Coconuts. "May I use it to practice my swordplay?" asked Max. "I give up!" begged coconuts, "Uncle, Uncle. I..I'll...I'll do anything!" Hot Rod raised an eyebrow and said "Anything?" "Yes.." whined Coconuts, "All I want to do is to go back to Dr. Robotnik's side! I over heard you two talking about it in the graveyard and thought that I could take the relics and get back to him. I..I only want to go home..." "Is that the lamest sob story you ever heard?" asked Hot Rod flatly. "It might be.." said Max. "I..." stammered Coconuts. "But I think I have a deal that you can't refuse..." said Hot Rod. "What are you doing?!" jumped Rock. "If you help us recover the stolen relic..." said Hot Rod, "We'll take you with us...But only if you play your part well and not try to backstab us. Otherwise we'll leave you here to rust into memory." "I'll do it! I'll do it!" cried Coconuts. Jewels whispered into Hot Rod's ear "You sure about this?" "It did say it would do anything." smiled Hot Rod coldly and quitely, "And besides, I am counting on it that Coconuts would betray us." "Um..." stammered Coconuts to Rock, "Could you let me down, please.."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue May 13, 2014 7:17 pm

Chapter 40: Fortress Of Darkness.
Inside the fortress, Linus was looking over the relics he had when Mezek and Greif came in. "Say boss." said Mezek, "What is so special with those relic things besides that they can make you immortal?" "Allow me to explain them to you.." smiled Linus wickedly, "Deathnell's Grimore...Inside it's pages are dark spells that have been said to have slain countless victems. The Gnarled Staff of Penumbra, said to be carved from a poison wood tree on the edge of this world and that of the demons, it was said that this could control living stone. The Mire Bloodstone, It has the power to grant immortality..." "Wait!" jumped Greif, "So we only needed the pendent?!" "No you idiot!" roared Linus, "They only grant their full power when all four are brought together!" "So what about the glove?" asked Mezek nervously. "The Blackhand Gauntlet is said to grant emence strength to whomever wears it..." said Linus in a clamer tone, "But something bothers me..." "You mean how that rabbit is able to use it?" asked Mezek. "Not only that..." replied Linus, "Why the fox girl was able to use the staff to summon walls..." "Well that other girl had a fancy bracelet." said Greif. "Hmm...." mumbled Linus. "Is there anything else you're not telling us, Boss?" asked Mezek. "Just one thing.." said Linus, "It is said that very few people can wield all four relics at once...They become mad with insanity...I believe I am able to do so..." "You suspect that maybe one of those kids can too." said Greif. "It is a logical assumption, Greif." said Linus, "Go and get ready for our guest. I must ponder my coming power..." "Right Boss!" chanted Mezek and Greif, and then they walked out of the room. "A bracelet?..." muttered Linus, "Could it be?..." "So you've almost gotten what you've desirerd?" came an old voice. Linus turned to see an old woman standing behind him. "What?!" jumped Linus, "You're that old woman who told me how to get here! But how?" "I have my ways..." creaked the old woman. "I suspect that you have something to do with those kids running about the island?!" snorted Linus. Meanwhile, Jewels and the other walked deeper into the volcano, it's wall seemed to move like the magma below. "We have to be extra careful..." said Jewels, "Who knows what Linus and his goons have in store for us.." "Hey!" jumped Lucy, "I think I see something up ahead!" The group walked into the cauldera of the volcano and standing before them was a massive black walled castle. It's awe inspiring towers seemed to grab the sky as dark clouds choked the stars into nothingness. "This.." said Hot Rod nervously, "This must be the Dark Fortress..." "This smells like a trap." said Max flatly, "I don't like it." "You and me both." said Rock. Zappy chirped in agreement. "But Jacky is somewhere inside that place..." said Jewels with dismay, "We've got to find a way to free her and get those relics back..." "I might have an idea..." said Max, "And our robot friend will be a key part." "Really?" said Coconuts nervously. "Gather round." said Max. A few minites went by and Jewels walked towards the front door of the fortress. She knocked on the front door and waited. Greif opened the door and said "You finally got here. My boss has been waiting. This way." Jewels followed Greif into the darkness of the fortress interior.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue May 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Chapter 41: Negotating For Jacky.
Greif lead Jewels down the dark halls of the fortress. "Why do you fight with Linus?" asked Jewels, "You'd seem to be better working on your own." Greif stopped for a moment and snorted "What's it to you, kid?" "It looks to me that your abilities would do better elsewhere." said Jewels, "Why is it that you work for Linus?" "Linus did things that helped me and Mezek..." said Greif, "But you wouldn't understand. Now move, the boss is waiting." Jewels continued till Greif stopped at a large pair of doors. Greif opened the door and waved Jewels in. Jewels walked into the grand hall and saw Linus sitting on a chair behind a desk in the middle of the room. "So you have arrived." he smiled, "I welcome you." "Where's Jacky?!" cursed Jewels. "He he..If it is your friend you seek please come up to my desk." said Linus with a sinister chuckle. "Not unless I can see her!" growled Jewels. "Hufff.." snorted Linus, "Very well." Linus moved his chair aside to reviel a jar behind him with Jacky stuffed inside. "Jacky!" called Jewels. "As you can see, she is quite uncomfortable right now." said Linus, "And, as I said before, I am able to interact with the dead physically. Do you have the gauntlet?" "...Yes I do..." snorted Jewels angraly. "But there is one thing I wish to ask before this transaction..." said Linus curiously, "It's about that bracelet of your..." "Huh?" said Jewels, thrown off guard, "What about it?" "Has it been affecting you?" asked Linus. "No." said Jewels shaking her head. "Then may I look at it?" asked Linus. Jewels was hesitent to answer. "Hmm..It has been affecting you has it..." said Linus rubbing his chin, "That must be why you and your friends can use the relics powers without rituals...But I must digress, Bring me the gauntlet and I will release your ghost friend." Jewels slowly walked forward. Each step she took Linus slowly raised a smerk. Suddenly Mezek burst into the room and said "Boss! The relics are gone!" "What?!" cursed Linus in surprise, "I thought I told you to keep her friends outside!" "I did, boss!" cried Mezek, "But that robot came in and took them!" "What?!" said Jewels, fienting surprise, "That dumb robot's got the relics?!" "Don't just stand there!" roared Linus, "Find it!" "Right Boss!" jumped Mezek, who rushed out of the room. 'That wasn't part of the plan...' thought Jewels, 'This reeks of something foul...' "It seems that even if you give me your relic, I will still need to get the others back from that robot..." said Linus in fustration. Jewels glanced over to Jacky, who banged her hand and mouthed the words don't do it. "If you give me the gauntlet, You will be able to leave without harm from this island." said Linus, "I swear it." "Why should I trust you?" demanded Jewels. "I will show you a token of my good faith." said Linus, who walked over to the jar and opened it. Jacky rushed out of the jar and cried "Don't do it, Jewels! It's a trap!" Linus grabbed Jacky's leg and pulled her hard to the ground. "Jacky!" cried Jewels as she rushed forwards. Suddenly a net fell onto her and brought her to the ground. "Linus laughed as he walked towards her and removed the gauntlet from her. "Such a simple ploy!" he chanted, "Now I have all the relics and now I shall be immortal!" The three other relics appired above Linus's head as the gauntlet joined them. They swirled around him in a dark vortex before a black flash blinded all in the room.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun May 18, 2014 1:51 am

Chapter 42: The Madness Of Black Linus.
Once the flash happened, Jewels couldn't see for a moment. Then when she looked at Linus, she could see his feathers had darkened and a black aura glowed around him. The relic place themselves on his body and in his hands. "He he ha ha ha ha!" laughed Linus maniacally, "All this power...Nothing can stop me now!" Linus turned towards Jewels and snarled "Now then, girl. You'll be the first to witness my powers of distruction!" Linus clung onto the book and raised the staff into the air. A dark orb appired above his head and quickly grew larger. "This a pity that this will be the last thing you'll see!" he cursed sinisterly. As he sent the orb towards Jewels, Jacky's ghostly body jumped into the line of fire. The orb crashed into the ghost as she cried in pain. "Jacky?!" cried Jewels as she watched the ghost fall to the ground. "G..Get..Out of here...Jew.e..l..." she muttered before slumping flat. "Interesting..." said Linus with a dark tone, "Not even the departed can stand up to me. But back to the task at hand." A sudden crash and explosion caught Linus's attention. "What Now?!" he cursed. Suddenly both Mezek and Greif flew through the doorway, bowling Linus over. Hot Rod rushed in and grabbed Jewels from under the net and pulled her out. "GRAH!" roared Linus as he push Mezek and Greif off, "DON'T JUST LIE THERE, GET THEM!" Hot Rod and Jewels escaped the room, closing the door just as the goons lunged towards them. "Hurry!" said Hot Rod, "The others are by the gate!" As the rushed towards the exit, Linus appired in the doorway and knocked Rock, Lucy and Max inside with a preassure wave. With a snap of his finger, the gate closed and blocked the only way out. "You pests have tried my patience long enough!" he cursed as Mezek and Greif came up from behind, "I should have killed you all when you first arrived." "We'll never give up to the likes of you!" cursed Hot Rod. "You and your goons can't win this fight!" retorted Rock. "May your hide rot on my blade!" snarled Max as he drew his sword. "As long as there is hope, you'll always lose!" spat Lucy. "What a pitiful excuse for a last stand!" cursed Linus, "I'm far too powerful for you five to stop me. Plus I have my two loyal men to whom I can count on!" Suddenly a figure dropped down onto Linus's back and he cursed "Argh!" "What's wrong, bird brain?" snickered Coconuts, "Got a monkey on your back?" With Linus distracted, Rock and Hot Rod attacked Mezek while Jewels, Lucy and Max attacked Greif. While Linus struggled to remove the robot, Coconuts tossed a pair of coconut bombs at Mezek and Greif. Hot Rod, at the last moment, grabbed the other and raced out of the way. The blast sent both crashing through the ceiling and they had their heads stuck in the wall on the floor above. Linus finally managed to grab Coconuts's tail and he whipped him through the gate and raged "Baffoons! Now you will pay dearly for mocking me!" "Bring it!" cursed Jewels, "If you are as powerful as you say, then it shouldn't have taken long to remove that monkey robot from your back!" "Then prepair yourselves to see the great beyond!" roared Linus.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun May 18, 2014 1:55 am

Chapter 43: Battling For Freedom.
Linus swong the staff forward and a large pit started to open. "I will cast you to the depths of this volcano once and for all!" he cursed. "Run!" called Hot Rod as he grabbed Jewels and Rock. Lucy grabbed Max and took to the air as the floor gave way. Lucy and Max flew up to the second floor just as Mezek managed to free himself. "I'm going to kill you little punk!" he cursed as he charged at Max. Lucy managed to toss Max over Mezek's head then hit him with a downward stomp. Suddenly, Greif managed to free himself and turned to face down Max. "You shouldn't have come this way!" snorted Greifs as he lunged towards Max. Meanwhile, Hot Rod, Rock, and Jewels rushed down the hallway as Linus gave chase. "Run you little fleas!" he called with an insane laugh, "There is nothing you can do, ha ha ha!" "We can't run forever!" called Rock. "We need to think of something!" said Hot Rod with a worried tone. The three ran into the room where Jacky's ghostly form was and saw that she hadn't faded away. Jewels looked around and spotted the net. "I think I've got something!" she said racing to the net. Rock smiled and grabbed the net before Jewels could say anything. He tossed the net towards the door just as Linus entered the room. As the net covered him, Linus frowned and spat "Do you really think a small net will stop me?" Meanwhile on the floor above, Max and Lucy raced away from Mezek and Greif as the two bulldozed their way after them. "These two just will not give up!" cursed Lucy as she glanced back. "We need to find a spot to fight them on even ground!" spat Max. "In here!" called Lucy and the two ducked into a small room. Mezek and Greif rushed by the room as Lucy and Max caught their breath. "I've seen snow that's sharper then those two." panted Lucy. "You said it.." said Max. Suddenly the floor gave way and the two fell on top of Linus, who had just gotten free from the net. "Hey Lucy and Max." called Hot Rod, "Nice of you two to drop in!" "Like wise!" snorted Max in distaste. "RAH!!!" roared Linus as he tossed them off his back. Linus jabbed the staff into the ground and both Max and Lucy found themselves floating in the air, a blackened aura holding them there. "C..Can't Move!" cursed Max. "Help!" cried Lucy. Hang on!" called Rock and Hot Rod. Rock raced towards Linus as Hot Rod ran towards Max and Lucy. Suddenly, they too were caught by this dark aura. "Give up!" cursed Linus to Jewels, "You are no match for me!" Jewels looked around herself for something, anything that she could fight back with. "It's no use, Jewels." snorted Linus, "I can never be stopped!!" Then Jewels spotted Zappy by Linus's desk and his canesword was right next to her. Jewels rushed towards it and unsheathed it. "I will not give up!" barked Jewels. "You intened to hurt me with that little knife?!" laughed Linus. "Then come and test your fate, little girl!" Linus charged forward, ready to strike Jewels down as Jewels herself raced towards Linus. Zappy electrified the sword as the two met. There was a flash and for a moment, neither moved, as if all of time stopped.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon May 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Chapter 44: Chikanere's Rouse.
A drop of blood rolled of the sword as Mezek and Greif entered the room. Linus, fell to his knees as the pain raced through him. "This..." he muttered, "This can't be happening!" The dark aura faded away and Linus returned to normal. Hot Rod, Rock, Lucy and Max crashed to the floor, free of their entrapment. "My...Power...Is..Gone.." grouned Linus as he clutched his chest "As it should be!" snorted Jacky's voice, though it sounded older and more darker then normal. All turned to see Jacky floating above them, her ghostly body surrounded by a dark cloud. "Jacky?" said Jewels with surprise. "Mawha haa!" laughed the ghost as it changed to something more demonic, "I thank you for playing my little game! But now it's time for you to go." 'Jacky' moved her hand towards Linus and he cried in pain before slumping to the ground dead. "Boss?!" jumped Mezek and Greif, rushing to his side. Jewels looked at 'Jacky' and said in awe "Who?...Or What are you?!" "I am Chikanere the Void." smiled the demon, "And I welcome you to my play pen....and Dinner plate!" "So it was you that I senced!" cursed Max. "That's quite right, young one." smiled Chikanere, "But like you father, you could figure out my ploy!" "You know my...!" said Max with surprise. "In a past life." sneered Chikanere, "Just like I know your friend Jessica, Jewels." "Say what?!" jumped Jewels. "It was my little revenge on her to bring you here." smiled Chikanere, "She spoke fondly of you." "Why would my friend talk to a demon about me?!" cursed Jewels. "Such a childish thing to say." laughed Chikanere, "And I went to all the trouble to give you a nice tip." "What?!" said Jewels in shock. "Oh, come on!" said Chikanere as she floated down towards Jewels, "Who'd you think would give you one of the Black Relics for free?" "What?!" jumped Mezek, "That's it! I'm going to take you down!" Mezek chraged towards Chikanere. Chikanere turned calmly and raised her hand. Everyone watched Mezek burn to ashes in a matter of seconds. "Hmph!" snorted Chikanere, "What a tool." "Mezek?!" cried Greif as he rushed towards her. Chikanere simplely snapped her fingers and Greif stopped for a moment and then shattered like glass. "Pity.." she smile wickedly, "They would have been quite tasty." Chikanere then turned towards the other as she floated upwards and said "Now you five will have to make due.." "You can't do this!" cursed Hot Rod. "You know what.." said Chikanere with a dark tone, "You're right. There is no fun in it. And chasing you around this island would be a pointless exersice that would make me more famish then anything else." "I don't like the way this is going." muttered Rock. "I'll tell you what." smiled Chikanere wickedly at Jewels, "If you can beat my pet, then I will let you and your friends go. But if you fail to win, you and your friends will make a nice, all be it, small meal for me." "And if I refuse?" demaned Jewels. "Well then I will have to find another way to entertain myself when I kill all of you and devour your souls." shrugged Chikanere, "But if you do decide to play my game, you will not have any help from your friends."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon May 19, 2014 4:50 pm

Chapter 45: The Five Relics.
"What do you mean that you gave me one of the Black Relic?" asked Jewels. "Oh.." smiled Chikanere, "You haven't figured it out yet?" Hot Rod's eye widened and he said, "Jewels! She's talking about the bracelet!" "But..." stammered Jewels, "That couldn't be! I got it as a.." Then Jewels thought about it as the memory of the old woman flashed in her mind. "No..." she muttered. "And you were such a sweet deary." laughed Chikanere, who changed her voice to sound like the old woman. "But then how would it be fair?" "She's bluffing!" snorted Rock. "Ahem!" snorted Chikanere in her normal voice, "What I had told Linus was ture. The four Black relics would grant him immortality. But I neglected to mention that as long as someone else wears the bracelet, they alone could harm them and even kill them. If he had suspected that, I suspect he would have killed you under the net before taking the gauntlet." "But why me?!" cursed Jewels, "Why give it to me?" "You do not remember what I told you when we first met?" said Chikanere with a smug snort. "What do you mean?!" cursed Lucy, turning to Jewels and adding "What does she mean?" Jewels closed her eyes for a moment, the voice of Chikanere echoing the words 'If one collects all four, the power within them could drive many to insanity. Only a very few people could hold more then just one.' "You mean..." started Jewels. Chikanere nodded her head. "You are one of only a few that could hold them." she said, "Linus was another." "You say that..." spat Max, "But how is a city girl going to fight a demon's pet?!" "It is funny that you mention that, demon boy." smiled Chikanere sinisterly. Chikanere moved her hand and the four relics floated up off Linus's body and moved towards Jewels. Then she lowered them to the floor before Jewels and said "I've been intregued by the power that these mere trinkets have and I wish to see them at full power. But then again, I've been intregued by how you've coped at getting this far with your friends. Even your reactions to every situation that was put before you. But it made me wonder what you could do on your own." "So you suggest that I use the Black Relics to fight your pet?" said Jewels crossly. "Yes." said Chikanere. She once again moved her hand and Linus's body started to float upwards. "If you need time to prepair yourself, then I understand." said Chikanere grimly, as she opened a portal, "I will wait at the top of the fortress with my pet. But don't take too long, I bore quickly." As the demon moved towards the portal with Linus's body, Jewels called out "Wait! One more thing!" Chikanere stopped and said "What?" "If I chose to go through with this," started Jewels, "I want the others here to watch what happens." "Fair enough." smiled Chikanere wickedly, "When they pass through the portal, they will be unable to help you but they will not be in harms way either." Chikanere entered the portal and faded away with Linus's body as the other rushed towards Jewels. "This has got to be a trap!" snorted Hot Rod. "I agree!" added Max in distaste, "Why should we trust a demon's word?" "Please keep in mind that it was her who told me that these relics would help us go home." said Jewels in a flat dismay.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue May 20, 2014 11:18 pm

Chapter 46: A Difficult Task.
"I still think that it's a trap!" cursed Hot Rod, "You shouldn't go through with it!" "If I don't we're dead anyway!" cursed Jewels back. "It's far too dangerous!" said Rock with concern, "Who knows if that demon won't pull a fast one on us!" "I say go for it." said Lucy. Everyone looked at Lucy in surprise. "Look," she said, "If she wanted us to die, she could have done it at any time. You mentioned that you saw something when you blacked out and only 'Jacky' could help us fight it. What if Jacky is just possessed and used the demon's power to become a ghost to protect us. Maybe by beating Chikanere's pet, we might still free her and get rid of the demon at the same time." "Your theory do little to convince me." snarled Max, "My father never spoke to me of this demon and yet, I'm convinced that she is more dangerous then she appires." "I.." started Lucy with sadness. "She's right." said Jewels, "We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. You were right, Rodney." "Huh?" jumped Hot Rod. "At the time I didn't understand what I had seen.." said Jewels looking at the relics, "But it seems that the fate of your lives are in my hands..." "Jewels..." said Hot Rod. "If I lose myself..." continued Jewels. "Go for it!" said Hot Rod suddenly. "Wha?" said Jewels in surprise. "Have You Lost Your Mind?!" snapped Rock. "You've seen her arm glow!" cursed Hot Rod, "Each time she saw that weird symble, her arm glowed and she fell into a trance! You told me that when Lucy mentioned to you that her eyes turned white! When we were in the mine, her eye had seem to vanish into blackness! It might have turned that way at the ruined shrine if I hadn't left the book at the ruins after getting it from the graveyard!" "But you are asking her to throw her life away in what will be a trap!" cursed Max, siding with Rock. "WILL YOU STOP THIS!" cried Jewels in anger, "I will do this! I'm not asking you to like it or not! I just need you to trust me." Suddenly, Chikanere's voice boomed "Have you decided your fate already?! I'm growing board of waiting for you to decided!" "Give us a minite!" retorted Hot Rod in fury. Then turning to Jewels, said in a calmer tone "I believe in you, Jewels! Show that demon wacko that you're not going to bend down and cry at death's door. Show her that you'll kick down the door and take names." "You can do this Jewels." added Lucy, "I know that you'll pull through." "I don't like it!" snarled Rock as he folded his arms, "But it has to be done!" Zappy chirped in with encouragement. "It should be me to fight her pet!" cursed Max, turning his back, "But alas, there isn't much we could do to aid you. I begruggingly leave my fate in your hands." Jewels shed a tear as she nodded. "Thank you guys.." she said as she moved towards the relics. As she bent down to pick them up, the relic suddenly shot up above her and started to swirl around her. Jewels was engulfed by a black cloud as the relic place themselves on her body. She could feel the relic's power flow into her body. Jewels closed her eyes for a moment before the cloud disapated. Long black gloves reached her sholders, where her normal gloves seemed to have melted away. Her black skirt had become longer and jagged. Her tube top had changed to a wide dark purple chevron that climbed over her sholders and lead to a black cape. Even her shoes had changed from running shoes to black heels. The others just stared at Jewels as she looked herself over. Jewels looked at the others and said darkly "Lets get this over with!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue May 20, 2014 11:22 pm

Chapter 47: Chikanere's Pet.
The group entered the portal and in a flash they found themselves on the top of the fortress. Jewels looked around darkly but only saw the deep glow of the magma wall. "Show yourself, Chikanere!" she snarled quite harshly, "I'm through playing your games!" "My, my.." echoed Chikanere's laugh, "You turned out to be quite the witch, Jewels." Jewels looked up and saw Chikanere floating above the fortress. Chikanere snapped her fingures and Lucy, Zappy, Hot Rod, Rock, and Max were surrounded by a dark aura and floated upwards. "As I said," continued Chikanere with a snarl, "Your friends cannot help you. This must be only you. But at least they will have a ring side seat to watch you fail." Jewels folded her arms and snorted "Bring it on, demon!" "Very well." smiled Chikanere wickedly. Suddenly, Linus's body fell onto the Fortress roof just across from where Jewels was standing. Jewels waited for a moment but nothing happened. "What," she cursed, turning back to Chikanere, "Changed your mind or chickened out?" "I am just making sure you understand what it is you are getting into." said Chikanere flatly. "Just get on with it!" snapped Jewels, "Or did you lie about your pet!" "Very well then," snorted Chikanere, raising one hand above her head, "Come my little one. It's play time!" A dark grey orb apired in Chikanere's hand. It broke into three and rushed into Linus's body. "Jewels!" called Hot Rod, "Watch your tail!" "Bewere!" added Max, "Your foe is strong!" Jewels watched as Linus's body shuttered as a dark cloud wrapped around it. Within seconds the cloud lifted to reveal Chikanere's Pet. Though it was Linus who stood before her, Jewels could see that feathers had change to silvery black leathery skin and, though the face was the same, two lion heads grew out. Both hands and feet became large lizard like feet and the creature's roar echoed through out the island. Jewels could also see a collar of spikes and flames around it's neck and many band like it around the creature's legs and tail. "Meet my pet demon." snarled Chikanere, "Lynix! Bring me her soul! You can have the bones if you do well." "Is that it?!" snorted Jewels, seemingly unimpress, "A three headed Gargoyle..I was expecting something more dangrous then a stone mutt!" Lynix Roared in anger and charged forward. Jewels dove to the side as the monster crashed off the top of the fortress. "Was that it?" asked Jewels. Suddenly the Lynix jumped back up onto the fortress roof and raced towards Jewels once more. Jewels quickly, as if by instinct, tossed a wall up in front of Lynix that domed over her head. "Looks like Jewels has got one over you, demon!" laughed Rock. "Hmph!" snorted Chikanere with anger, "We shall see about that!" Lynix bashed the walls until they fell over. However Jewels wasn't behind them. "Looking for me?" she smiled from behind Lynix. The creature turned around and swiped at Jewels who jumped back. Jewels raised the staff and brought it down swiftly. A cresent of energy raced forward and cut off one of Lynix's heads. "What?!" said Chikanere in shock. "Go, Jewels, Go!" chanted Hot Rod and Lucy. Lynix staggered back and a new head grew out to replace the one that was lost, but instead of a lion's head, it was Mezek's head that appired. "Is this a pet or a toy?" laughed Jewels darkly, "It has some nifty tricks."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Wed May 21, 2014 11:50 am

Chapter 48: The Distruction Of Lynix?
"You got a lucky shot in!" cursed Chikanere, "It won't happen again!" Lynix charged once more, but this time jumped back before Jewels made a move. Lynix repeated this a few times before jumping over Jewels and attacking from behind her, knocking Jewels to the ground. "Is that how you want to play, eh?" snorted Jewels darkly, "Then lets play the shell game!" Suddenly there was a puff of smoke and then there were five Jewels standing before Lynix. "Holy Cow?!" jumped Hot Rod, "The relics can do that?!" "They are far more powerful then I expected..." muttered Chikanere crossly. The five Jewels darted around Lynix, the confused beast swipe at any that got near. Suddenly four of the Jewels vanished as the real Jewels jumped up from behind and smashed the other lion head of Lynix to dust. "This can't be happening?!" raged Chikanere as smoke steamed out of her ears. "Maybe you shouldn't have made it so easy!" sneered Hot Rod. The new head that came out look like Greif's and the beast cried in fury. The beast jumped into the air and started to shoot a dark beam at Jewels from each of it's heads. Jewels managed to dodge them and said, "Now the fight seems fair!" "Fair?!" cursed Chikanere. "I was only toying with your pet!" snapped Jewels as she jumped towards Lynix. The three heads fired a massive dark beam at Jewels and it seemed to hit her hard. "Jewels!" cried her friends. "Ha ha!" laughed Chikanere as the beam crashed into the fortress. But suddenly Jewels attacked the creature from behind taunting darkly "You miss me!" "Wh..What?!?!" cried Chikanere, as Lynix tumbled towards the fortress. Jewels jumped ahead of the creature and smashed both the Mezek and Greif heads off. Lynix struggled to get back up as Jewels mokingly taunted to Chikanere in a dark tone, "Oh I'm sorry...Did I break your toy?" "Enough of this!" raged Chikanere, "Lynix! Full Power!" Suddenly a large black grey orb crashed into Lynix and the creature grew twice the size as it was before. A trail of flames raced down it's back as it roared with power. "I knew that this was a trap!" spat Max. Jewels stared at Lynix, unimpressed by the roar, and spat "That's all you've got?" Chikanere was taken aback by the comment as Lynix opened it's mouth and shot a massive fireball at Jewels. Jewels calmly poked the fireball with the bottom of the staff and it raced back towards Lynix, hitting the creature hard. "This cannot be?!" said Chikanere, who started to sweet. Lynix got back up and shot a massive dark beam at Jewels. Jewels pointed the staff towards Lynix and fired a beam of her own. When they hit, at first it looked to be even, but Jewels's beam rapidly pushed back Lynix's. "I'm board with this..." yawned Jewels as her beam suddenly burst foward. Lynix was engulfed by Jewel's beam and it roared for help from it's master. "That's it Jewels!" cheered Hot Rod. "You've got this!" added Rock. Max watched on and thought, 'Why would a demon make such an odd deal...' Max looked towards Chikanere. 'If she knew that the relics were this powerful...Why would she let Jewels use them?' Suddenly Max saw Chikanere grin ever so slightly. "It's a trap!" cried Max. "What?!" said the others. "Chikanere is trying to corrupt Jewels by using the Black Relics!" said Max in a panic, "She means to turn her against us!" "Jewels!" cried all of them in panic, "You've got to stop!" "Ha ha ha! You finally figure it out!" laughed Chikanere, "Too bad she can't hear you now! And though I would lose my pet, soon it will be too late! I need a playmate to keep me company once in a while! And besides, she cannot stop that attack unless she gets hit! It's over for you, my dinner. Ha ha ha ha ha!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Wed May 21, 2014 11:53 am

Chapter 49: Robotic Rescue.
The other could only watch as Jewels continued the attack. Lynix tried to move towards her, but the beam was too powerful for the creature. Suddenly the roof burst upwards just in front of Jewels, knocking her over and stopping the attack. "What?!?"!?!" cried Chikanere, as she saw a large mech standing in front of Jewels. "Sorry I'm late for the party." laughed Coconuts, "I just had to clean my mech for the occasion!" "Coconuts!" jumped Jewels. "Jewels!" called Max, "It's a Trap! Chikanere wants you to use the relics! She's trying to corrupt you!" "What?!" jumped Jewels. "Fools!" cursed Chikanere, "Now you've doomed your own fate! Lynix, Smash that wench once and for all!" Lynix struggled back up and rushed towards Jewels. "I'll Hold it!" called Coconuts, using the mech to kick Lynix back, "You find a way to beat it!" 'How can I beat that thing?' thought Jewels, 'If I use the powers that the relics give me, then I could become evil....But if I don't, I could lose...' "It's your choise, Jewels!" laughed Chikanere, "Life as a member of evil or dinner in my belly!" Coconuts once again knocked back another attack from Lynix when Jewels called to it "Attack Chikanere!" "What?!" called Coconuts as Lynix crashed through it mech legs, knocking it over the side of the fortress. "Ah gheez!" sweated Jewels as Lynix came bering down onto her. Lynix hit Jewels so hard that she flew over the side of the fortress. "JEWELS!" cried her friends. "Ha ha ha!" laughed Chikanere, "Now she has no choise! If she doesn't use the power, she dies." "Well I beg to differ!" came Coconuts's voice. Suddenly the upper part of the mech rose up from behind the wall and clinging to the underside was Jewels. "This.." stammered Chikanere, "This is not possible!" "You seem shocked, demon." smiled Jewels, "You never expected a trump card, did ya." Coconuts tossed some bombs at Chikanere, who quickly moved out of the way. Suddenly Max senced something and called out "Jewels! The relics! That's the sorce of that creature's power!" Jewels's eyes widened and she fliped herself off the mech and back onto the fortress. Lynix charged forward as Jewels raised the staff in front of her. Jewels brought the staff down across her knee, breaking it in half. Lynix collapsed in pain and slide forward pass Jewels as she dodged. Jewels then started to rip the pages out of the book, each one giving more pain to the creature. "It's working!" she muttered with confidence. Coconuts saw what had happen down below and called out to Jewels "Hey you! Pull!" Jewels took off the gauntlet and tossed it upwards. Coconuts fire the machine gun, shattering the gauntlet. Lynix roared in pain and was unable to get up. Jewels ripped the pendent from her neck and tossed it off the fortress into the magma below. Suddenly Lynix dove after it, as if trying to rescue it. "You haven't won yet!" cursed Chikanere, raising her hand into the air. Pain raced through Jewels's arm as Chikanere laughed "Even that you distroyed the other relics, That Bracelet has already taken their power and now that is all I need to corrupt you to the darkness! Now distroy these pests!" Jewels's body move on it's own and she charged up a beam attack, aimed for her friends.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Thu May 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Chapter 50: The Final Nightmare.
Jewels tried as hard as she could to fight it, but Chikanere's control was too much for her. She fire the beam at her trapped friend. Coconuts suddenly moved the mech in the path of the beam and raced down towards Jewels. The robot activated a shield as the beam crashed into it. Coconuts kept moving towards her as the beam grew stronger and stronger. The mech suddenly exploded, knocking Jewels back once more and causing the bracelet to slip off. "What!?" jumped Chikanere, "No!" The demon raced down as quickly as she could as Jewels returned to normal. When she saw Chikanere racing for the bracelet, Jewels grabbed it, turned, and smashed it hard onto a rock. The bracelet turned to dust in her hand as Chikanere stopped and cried "What have you done?!" Jewels turned around and snarl "I won this fight, Chikanere!" Suddenly, the ground started to shake. Jewels looked about as the walls of the volcano started to crumble into the magma below. "An Earthquake!" cried Jewels. "This can't be happening!" cried Chikanere as she vanished into thin air. Suddenly Jewels felt the floor benith her fall and she tumbled away. "Jewels!" called the others as she fell. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as she fell towards the magma. Hungry and weary from fatigue, Jewels closed her eyes as the end seemed near. When she opened them once more, all she could see was darkness around her. "Hmph!" snorted a voice, "You're smarter and luckier then you look." Jewels looked around herself and saw a witch-like double of herself. "You had me for sure." she snarled darkly, "I was so close to being free of that moral head of yours!" "You're..You're me?" said Jewels softly in confusion. "Yes I am, in a sence. You can call me Rhine" snarled her dark double, "You've had this power for quite some time, ever since you put on that bracelet, and I've been waiting. With the power those relics had, I will one day show your world true darkness. And now I'll be in your soul's darkest corner forever!" "But you lost!" said Jewels crossly. "That I may have." said Rhine, "But I'll be here waiting! Waiting for the day that I am called upon to finish taking your body for my own!" "It would be hard to do so if I'm dead," said Jewels with a snobbish tone, "Now wouldn't it?" "You needn't worry!" snapped Rhine, "Dispite what what you saw around you, You are still very much alive. Thank in part to me of course!" "So you saved my life so you can take it!" snapped Jewels. "It's in my best interest to keep you alive!" said Rhine with smuggly snort, "And don't worry about your friends, They too are safe." "And what about Chikanere?" asked Jewels. "She fled to her home island." snarled Rhine calmly, "She has more then one and your actions has distroyed one of them. And though I appreciate Chikanere for doing this for me...He he...I rather be free to do as I will and not be some puppet like Lynix!" "What?!" jumped Jewels. "The demon was captured by Chikanere and was controled by those other relics." said Rhine with a sneer, "When you tossed the pendent into the magma, you freed it to return to it breathern. No dought it will tell them of your actions and the torture at the hands of Chikanere." As Rhine started to fade away, it said "Now it's time for you to wake from this dream, Jewels. I'll be waiting...Here in your soul...When the darkness calls for me..."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next