Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A venture into the woods

4 posters

Go down

A venture into the woods Empty A venture into the woods

Post by Kai.! Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:06 am

They say that there is a forest that lies beyond the north edge of the city. They say that the near the base of the mountain, deep in the forest, the mist becomes so thick that you loose track of the daylight, and even, the way out. And they say that monsters reside within the thick treetops and the dangerous caverns...

But that can't be true, monsters aren't real....are they?

Do you venture out into the woods alone? Or maybe you bring a friend. One thing is for certain, you will find more than you bargained for in these woods...

--

Alright, so seeing as this is an RP forum, I figured I'd contribute more than a name and a pretty face =3 So here's my pitch for an RP idea. It's an open idea, so anyone can join, and I am pretty sure since I posted in the Para category, it's a four-line minimum for posts, but eh.. So yeah, just enter in with what character(s) you're going to be using and after we get a sustainable amount of people we'll establish an order of posting. I don't do well moderating these things, but I do like to keep the post order consistent. As well, all all other forum rules as per normal. Alright, rant over. GO!

--

A young brown fox peered up at the glaring sunlight, it was just over mid-day on the grassy hill where he had chosen to take a nap. Feeling rather refreshed, he stretched his limbs and adjusted the light blue long shirt he wore. Down the hill to the far right was the outer edge of the sprawling urban mass was the City, but off to the left down a rocky incline, there was a jagged tree line with large, old trees reaching far into the sky.
"Hmm... that looks promising." He noted to himself, brushing the grass from his knees...

Kai.!
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

A venture into the woods Empty Re: A venture into the woods

Post by lady-tragedy Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:04 pm

A little further into the woods was a girl that would not have looked out of place in a cyberpunk or sci-fi flick. However in the woods she stood out like a sore thumb with differnt parts of her outfit casting a soft cyan glow, why even some of the markings on her body seemed to spread a glow, except those had the color of fire. But it might just be an illusion created by the sharp contrast of her black fur.

Her species? rather hard to determine, but the first guess would have been black panther, untill one noted her tail, which was long, thick and well muscled, ending in a large tuft. Her platina wavy hair was tied in a high ponytail that cascaded down her back and shoulders.

As stated before, she stood out like a sore thumb, not someone you'd expect to be walking around the woods at all. Yet there she was and oddly enough she seemed to be completely at ease with her suroundings, albeit somewhat thoughtfull.

What had braught her there? Rumors, rumors of the mists and monsters. They did say curiousity killed the cat and Eden was a very curious feline. So far though there didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinairy, but then again she hadn't even gotten near the mountain yet now had she?

((ello 8D ))
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:37 pm

(I wonder if I remember how to write things \o/)
Near the sci-fi panther, sitting in one of large trees was a child. A blue-furred armadillo + something child. Because armadillos usually don't have fluffy tails or long whiskers like that, right? Also, the child wasn't exactly.. er, clean. On its hands, feet and long claws there was dried mud, its muzzle was covered in some purple and red juice (he had stored berries in Autumn, and they survived the Winter, so!), and its fur was dusty! Uuuugh, Alpha hated being so dirty. His favourite pond wasn't so far away.. but he couldn't go there now! He had to explore those parts of forest he didn't know. I mean, because, good Alpha should know of its whole territory, right? Even if some parts were dark.. dangerous.. inhabited by Civilised people or unfriendly animals. 

So since today was exploring day, he didn't have any book with him. It could've got damaged, or stolen! All he had was a little pouch filled with those delicious berries (half of them was already gone) attached to his wrist with a string. Nomming one of those little purple fruit, the child stared at the large old trees in the distance. They looked a bit difficult to climb.. But it was nothing to him! The boy stood up and in one long jump, he was already on another tree branch, his long tail wrapped around the trunk. Then he slided down the trunk, onto the ground. He sat on the grass and raised his head, sniffing the air. ...Someone was near. Now, should he go and see who it was, or wait for that someone to leave..?
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar Ferrix Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:45 pm

A young Fox sat precariously on one of the many dark and gnarled branches that comprised the forest's canopy, his back resting against the tree's trunk. He nonchalantly dangled his leg in the air, taking playful note the glimmers of light his steel-capped boot was reflecting onto the surrounding vegetation.

He had been out here for a while, though not by his own choice. The night before, he had unintentionally bit off more than he could chew during one of his misadventures, and had become hopelessly lost during the avoidance of pursing opponents. He did not get away completely unscathed, however, as the encounter had left him with quite a nasty gash on his right forearm.

Normally, he excelled at navigating through rural landscapes, but something was different about this forest. As such, he found himself needing a few hours to rest and mentally retrace his path, before venturing off into unknown territory.

His concentration was soon broken by the sound of distressed branches.
Skylar Ferrix
Skylar Ferrix
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai.! Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:38 pm

Alright! It seems that we have four people, so that should be a sufficient amount to get the ball rolling. Firstly, I suppose we should establish an order.

1. Kai - Played by Kai.
2. Eden - Played by Lady-tragedy.
3. Alpha - Played by Electrisa.
4. and I am assuming Skylar(?) - Played by Skylar Ferrix.

Should be interesting...
----

The rocky slope down was treacherous and time consuming. often he would have to around large jagged rocks and patches of undesirable plants.

Nevertheless, he reached the ground and began to enter the forest. The trees were tall and lanky, with many branches creating an almost ceiling -like effect to the forest. The air inside was heavy and damp, and smelled of moss and grasses. 

He took a couple cautious steps and dared to enter deeper into the forest...

Kai.!
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:28 pm

The 'sci-fi panther' made the choice for the armadillo hybrid though. As the child was quite close to her, she had very little problem detecting the unatural rustling in the tree branches and while they were not in plain view to her she decided to check them out. You never knew what you might find in the treetops and she'd seen enough movies to know that if you didn't think to look up, you where probably the next to die. Or something like that atleast.

She came into view of the child just as it had slid down it's tree's trunk, sitting on the grass and...sniffing?. She cocked her head at the little hybid with a frown. The child was dirty and covered in berry juice and its behavior was almost ferral. So needless to say, like any sane person with a sense of selfpreservation that exceeded maternal instinct, she was wary of the child, her approach slow and hesistant, making sure she wasn't percieved as a threat. Last thing she wanted was for the child to get on the deffensive. Never knew what a cornered animal(or person in this case) would do.

"Hello there... what are you doing here by yourself? where are your parents?"she looked around, craining her neck. She was quite tall for a girl, not to mention lanky and wiry with little curves. Almost able to pass for a boy if not for the very female outfit and the long hair.
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:11 pm

Alpha's ear twitched as he heard the panther approach him. He turned his head, purple eyes - one almost black in shade, other one more lavender-ish - examining the woman carefully for a moment. Then the child smiled and jumped up to stand.
Because regular standing up is boring.

He shook a bit of dust off his blue fur, which didn't help his feral appearance in any way, then waved to the girl happily. "Hello!" The warm smile widened a bit. "I'm here to explore those parts of the forest I don't know yet! I mean, I'll probably never be able to know everything about it... but I'm trying!" He looked down and twiddled his thumbs a bit before answering the second question. "..W-well, my dad is probably at home.. or maybe he's out there somewhere, looking for herbs. And my mom isn't even my mom anymore." His brow furrowed. "I'm not a part of her wolf pack anymore. She has other puppies to take care of." The warm smile appeared again on his face as he walked up to the girl and held out his dirty hand to her. "Anyway, I am Alpha! As in, you know, I'm the Alpha of this forest!" He raised his fluffy tail proudly at that sentence. He tilted his head, eyeing her again, hand still held out. "And you? Who are you?" Then a slight giggle. "And why are you glowing?"

That's a totally regular behaviour for a dirty savage. Yes.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar Ferrix Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:04 pm

Skylar remained perfectly still on the branch, listening carefully for whatever could have been navigating through the trees a moment earlier. Was he in danger? It was too soon to tell.

He began hearing faint conversing resonating from just below him, though it was too quiet for him distinguish the words being spoken. Slowly and carefully, he leaned to his right in an attempt to catch a glimpse of whoever was below him. It was to no avail, as the foliage from the branches below was simply too thick. He leaned a bit further in hopes to find at least one line of sight through the leaves.

The branch on which Skylar sat, promptly and very audibly snapped.

The unexpected sensation of falling had failed to register in Skylar's brain. However, he was quickly made aware of his predicament the moment he made contact with one of the branches below him... and the one below it... and two others below that one...

His eyes closed, he felt himself come to a sudden and unpleasant halt. He slowly opened them, finding himself practically at eye-level with a black feline-esque creature exhibiting a strange luminescence, and what appeared to be a younger Armadillo-like creature with almost Azure fur. It was then that he realized what had stopped his fall; A low hanging branch had snagged his rear beltloop, suspending him in front of the two strangers like some kind of pinata.

"...Hi?"
Skylar Ferrix
Skylar Ferrix
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai.! Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:19 am

After a couple of minutes, he spotted a break in the thick trees. He knelt down in the grass and took a quick look around. Out before him was a small clearing that still allowed a fair amount of light through. He noticed a trio of people huddled around one of the larger trees.

"What..there's already people here...? Hmm.." His tail fwumped against the grass as he pondered...

Kai.!
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Ok, so appearantly the child wasn't a savage at all, but you couldn't really blame eden for thinking so at first glance. She was relieved to hear that the boy had atleast one parent to return to though it seemed a bit irresponsible to let their child play in a forest that had so many bad rumors surounding it. She frowned at the mention of his mother no longer being his mother because she had other puppies to take care of, which  really made her wonder if she was actualy wrong about the child being a savage.

"I'm Eden, named after the garden of eden.."She smiled and shook his hand"It's nice to meet you alpha and I glow because I want to.. but I can stop if you want me to..."she tapped the side of her nose and her fur seemed to riple, the glowing markings fading into the same black as they rest of her fur.

It was then that the snapping sound of branches came from above. She took a hasty and startled step back as something plummeted from above, then stopped when it snagged on one of the lower branches, putting her face to face with a fox. "Uhm... Hello to you too... are you okay? that must have been some fall".
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Alpha opened his mouth to reply to Eden, but then 'something' fell down, making a lot of noise. And instinctively, Alpha fell to his fours, hissing at the thing lightly before recognising another Mobian. The child stood up again and turned to Eden for a moment, "It's nice to meet you too!", and then he eyed the fox. He giggled once more. "I think Civilised people aren't made for climbing trees.." He poked the fox's cheek, then jumped on the lowest branch of the tree Skylar was hanging from. Tilting his head, he looked at the beltloop, then he reached to it and nibbled on it with his sharp fangs. So it'd snap and the fox would, you know, fall off or something.
Also his nose did smell a new scent of new person near them, buuuut he'd take care of that in a moment!
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar Ferrix Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:24 am

"I... I think so." Skylar timidly replied to the dark-furred feline. He proceeded to struggle against gravity in an attempt to free himself, completely oblivious to the actions of the small child. "Can't say it's the first time I've had a fall like that. Probably won't be the-" He felt a sudden release and plummeted to the ground, landing face-first. 

Raising his head and spitting out a mouthful of dirt, he finished his statement. "...Last."

Skylar brought himself to his feet and saw the young boy sitting upon the branch with dark green fibers, similar in color to those of his pants, in the boy's mouth. He reached back and felt the chewed up belt-loop. "Um, Thanks... I guess... A warning would've been nice though." He awkwardly smiled and gave the boy a pat on the head, then proceeded to look himself over. The various tools and equipment stored in Skylar's gear rattled and clinked about as he brushed himself off.

"So, what brings you two out here to the wonderful land of middle of nowhere?" It was terribly obvious that Skylar was trying to be casual, but the anxious movements of his bushy orange tail said otherwise. He was quite nervous, having very rarely interacted with others. On top of this, he was still uncertain if the two strangers meant him any harm.
Skylar Ferrix
Skylar Ferrix
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai.! Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:30 am

Suddenly, the air became very dense in the forest. the very tops of the large trees rustled uneasily, causing the birds to scatter from them by the flocks. this massive shadow dimmed the area quite considerably, blocking out the sun for a couple seconds.

Kai noticed that the wind was blowing toward the north, how peculiar.. He hoped over a large tree root and began to walk out into the clearing.

"Hey guys, did you feel that wind just a moment ago?" He asked, scratching his fluffy ear.

Kai.!
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:04 pm

(( Mind if I can join you all? ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai.! Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:20 am

((yes. gah! sorry for taking so long to reply Delta. You may join =3))

Kai.!
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar Ferrix Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:18 pm

((Ugh, why did this thread have to die? I was looking forward to how this one would play out!))
Skylar Ferrix
Skylar Ferrix
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down