Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skylar's Gallery of Tacti-Cool Photos

Go down

Skylar's Gallery of Tacti-Cool Photos Empty Skylar's Gallery of Tacti-Cool Photos

Post by Skylar Ferrix Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:14 pm

Here is a collection of some of my favorite photos from various MilSim events. Most of these were either taken by me or a random teammate willing to tote the camera around the battlefield. Feel free to comment/ask questions!

For those unfamiliar with the term "MilSim", I shall write a brief explanation.
It is a simulation of modern tactical warfare using high-grade Airsoft guns that fire 6mm pellets at speeds of up to 500 feet per second, with effective ranges up to 300 feet. The events range anywhere from 6 to 600 combatants, feature actual armored vehicles and pyrotechnics, and last anywhere from a day to a week. Some of these events have themes, such as the Vietnam War, World War 2, Post-Apocalyptic Anarchy, and even Zombie Infestation. As reckless and hostile as it may seem, the game is comprised of some real upstanding people, many of these players being ex-Military. Some events are even hosted to raise funds for charity and other various good causes. However, the only two things you really need to know are: Yes, it is extremely fun, and Yes, it hurts when you get hit.

Now that that's out of the way, enjoy!

This was taken at a Wasteland-themed event. Here I am washing mud off of my hands near a pool of stagnant water. FYI, Temps were in the upper 90's that day. Very Happy 
Skylar's Gallery of Tacti-Cool Photos Dmscra

Here's a pic of my Vietnam War-era Air Cavalry gear. Took me a long time to piece this outfit together. The effects were added in an attempt to make it 60's-ish.
Skylar's Gallery of Tacti-Cool Photos 2il2ce0

Here's another from the Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland Event. This time it's of my buddy Scott in his Wastelander gear. If only he had his trademark cigar in this one... Cool 
Skylar's Gallery of Tacti-Cool Photos 16h7pxs

This was taken about a year ago by a friend. At the time, I was sprinting down a dirt road attempting to avoid being shot in the ass. Good times... I miss my Mohawk. (That's a radio headset strapped to my head, if you are wondering.)
Skylar's Gallery of Tacti-Cool Photos Dzbb49

Here is yet another of Mr. Scott. This was the same venue as the Wasteland event, only this was a month later and the event was middle-east themed. Hence the Army Ranger loadout.
Skylar's Gallery of Tacti-Cool Photos 27ys7th

As you can tell, most of these are taken during slowdowns in the fighting. I'll see if I can dig up some photos/videos of the more intense moments. Watching a flood of guys storm a hill, whether simulated or not, is certainly something to see.

Thanks for viewing!
Skylar Ferrix
Skylar Ferrix
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum